Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
788,401 - 788,420 of 1,099,381 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
The LAPD has always been out of control. That cop will end up killing himself.
Never, but he will never surrender either.

Right now, despite every cop in the region being on the case, they have no clue where he is. Most of the cops are milling around in the snow at Big Bear, but Dorner is probably long gone.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Bring it on snowstorm Nemo, show me what you got bitch.

Of course if you do not here from Homer after today then...

Snowstorm - 1
Homer - 0
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Accusations are flying everywhere
"When Obama came into office, he promptly increased the drone strikes in Pakistan in an effort to kill more Taliban that were hiding out in the tribal regions of Pakistan. However, it was already known during the Bush administration that the drone strikes had killed civilians, yet Obama decided to continue this policy, knowing that in doing so he would put more Pakistani civilians at risk. By doing this, he is violating Geneva Convention Article 3 Section 1A which states that “violence to life and person” are prohibited in reference to civilians and “Persons taking no active part in the hostilities.” In doing this Obama has committed war crimes"
but the GOP supports drone strikes. no matter who is killed.

so it can't be a war crime. re: Iraq.
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Wanda: Archie? Do you speak Italian?
Archie: I am Italian! Sono italiano in spirito. Ma ho sposato una donna che preferisce lavorare in giardino a fare l'amore appassionato. Uno sbaglio grande!
But it's such an ugly language. How about... Russian?
How about you having another drink, loco?
Jango

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Living in the South I go there just to feel better about myself and the choices I've made in life.
In my long and zig-zag quest to marry the most unsuitable women possible, I married one of them and was subsequently condemned to live and fish there for many years. I bear the scars to this day. We should compare notes someday were it not so entirely predictable. "Hey, y'all want more greets?" I realize now that my experiences in the south can be analogized to the vocalizations of a TV character many years ago... Lurch groaning.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I said entire event__at about 8PM a crowd began to form at the front gate where four Libyan guards were posted. The first shots were fired at 9:30 PM.
The event ended when the plane carrying the Americans left the airport.
Total event time was a bit over twelve hours.
Obama going to bed at 11PM so he'd be fresh to party hearty with Beyonce and JayZ was your story Flacko and you sure as fk didn't hear Panetta say that.
It's snowing at Bear Mountain where Dorner is said to be hiding!
Too bad he's black, they'll think he's a black bear, sticking out like a sore thumb. He's a goner soon, unless he brought a kkk hoodie!
Jango

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Patient investors are able to wait a long time.
Oh, yes, I'm sure of it. Patient hunters are too. But it should be mentioned that 0% of 0 = 0 and you're not getting any younger...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Never, but he will never surrender either.
Right now, despite every cop in the region being on the case, they have no clue where he is. Most of the cops are milling around in the snow at Big Bear, but Dorner is probably long gone.
Meanwhile, a myriad of other crimes will not be attended to because they're all on a wild goose chase. He can't hide forever. I think he'll kill himself.
Jango

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
That sort of thing happened in Vietnam because the troops didn't want to obey lawful, but stupid, orders in a ridiculous war where they were a political sacrifice.
Come to think of it, that might apply now.
I wasn't referring to Vietnam, dear, but no matter. If Vietnam, however, was not "illegal" - how bout that Gulf of Tonkin incident?- then, obviously, nothing is illegal. Therefore, a soldier DOES NOT have the right to disobey an illegal order because there's no such thing. Your words, not mine.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Homer is an idiot. What was he suppose to do? Jump up and down screaming then run out of the room scaring the hell out of those children? The president does nothing till the Secret Service is ready, doofus.
LOL! You kill me Flack. After the sh!t you say about what Obama should not or should have done and then you give Bush a pass on that? You have some nerve.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Flack go bye bye. You should leave now, run not walk down to Jerry's.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Following recent revelations about President Obama‘s drone program — including a Justice Department memo that details some legal reasoning behind it — there’s been a flurry of both support and criticism. On Wednesday, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) weighed in, defending the president.

"Every member of Congress needs to get on board," Graham said, according to POLITICO. "It’s not fair to the president to let him, leave him out there alone quite frankly. He’s getting hit from libertarians and the left."

http://www.mediaite.com/online/gop-sen-graham...

and FOX says drones kill Muslims so it's all good.

some of you rightwingers need to get with the supporting Obama right wing program.
Jango

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

The nifty thing about the convenient concept of there not being any such thing as an "illegal" order, is that if the orders are never illegal then no one can ever be held accountable for issuing them. Quite the catchy arrangement.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Accusations are flying everywhere
"When Obama came into office, he promptly increased the drone strikes in Pakistan in an effort to kill more Taliban that were hiding out in the tribal regions of Pakistan. However, it was already known during the Bush administration that the drone strikes had killed civilians, yet Obama decided to continue this policy, knowing that in doing so he would put more Pakistani civilians at risk. By doing this, he is violating Geneva Convention Article 3 Section 1A which states that “violence to life and person” are prohibited in reference to civilians and “Persons taking no active part in the hostilities.” In doing this Obama has committed war crimes"
Oh really? It's never going to happen, because it will then open the can of worms that Nancy Pelosi put to bed when she said "impeachment is off the table", if they start; then Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz et al, are going down with the ship.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Following recent revelations about President Obama‘s drone program — including a Justice Department memo that details some legal reasoning behind it — there’s been a flurry of both support and criticism. On Wednesday, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) weighed in, defending the president.
"Every member of Congress needs to get on board," Graham said, according to POLITICO. "It’s not fair to the president to let him, leave him out there alone quite frankly. He’s getting hit from libertarians and the left."
http://www.mediaite.com/online/gop-sen-graham...
and FOX says drones kill Muslims so it's all good.
some of you rightwingers need to get with the supporting Obama right wing program.
A bunch of progressives. You really need to stop playing that left/right game they've set up for you. Sheeple!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Fox Analyst Defends Drones: If An American Takes Up Arms Against Fellow Citizens,‘You Kill The Sucker, Period’

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-analyst-defend...

it seems killing Americans with drones is also on the FOX approval list.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Oh really? It's never going to happen, because it will then open the can of worms that Nancy Pelosi put to bed when she said "impeachment is off the table", if they start; then Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz et al, are going down with the ship.
Agreed
Florida

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Actually, it's the pink elephants to whom Florida keeps listening and seeing.

Florida having another drink, loco?
Jango

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
It's snowing at Bear Mountain where Dorner is said to be hiding!
Too bad he's black, they'll think he's a black bear, sticking out like a sore thumb. He's a goner soon, unless he brought a kkk hoodie!
One thing's for sure, nobody's gonna be delivering the paper to any white people chalets.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> A bunch of progressives. You really need to stop playing that left/right game they've set up for you. Sheeple!
Uproar has been evident on both sides of the aisle following the recent news about President Obama‘s drone program. Not everyone, however, has been critical. Including Fox & Friends co-host Gretchen Carlson, who questioned some of the outrage during this morning’s show.

Carlson wondered why the issue is “suddenly a topic of discussion.” American-born Anwar al-Awlaki was killed in a drone strike in 2011, and there weren’t many outraged immediately afterward, she said — save for the ACLU and some libertarians.

Yes, it’s hypocritical for Obama to criticize President George W. Bush‘s tactics, Carlson continued, but that’s a separate issue.“Are you against actually killing terrorists?” she asked.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/foxs-gretchen-carl...

seems it's a right/left game.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min LRS 177,278
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 6 min newpoly 49,427
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 10 min JOEL 68,926
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 39 min Brian_G 46,282
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 40 min TW_sugar_daddio 31
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 68,341
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Sublime1 97,900
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••