Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 39,408)

Showing posts 788,141 - 788,160 of1,034,123
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Director of Operations for the CIA’s Joint Task Force on Iraq
I wonder what the responsibilities for that job are....
Let's ask Valerie Plame. It was her last job before Robert Novak outed her.
Valerie Plame is responsible for any and all intelligence given to Bush on the status of WMD programs in Iraq prior to fighting the war the Arabs started there.
Director of Operations for the CIA’s Joint Task Force on Iraq.
The US Treasury.
Truth is no SIN

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> After all that writing I'm quite sure you realize where you went wrong. This is not the 1800s & black people are not slaves. Surely not when there's a black president! Have you researched General Monk Monk? It's a good read, you might learn something!
BALCK PR$ESIDENT lolololol racists what about his white mother black tell that to the dead kids in chitown and look at the newtown kids who has a president that cares LOLOLOL black president take what ever you are given LOLOLOLO you aint like obama LOLOLOL

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Is he still there?
I DON'T F**K*NG KNOW. I'M HIDING IN THE CLOSET HOPING HE DOESN'T COME LOOKING IN HERE. GET YOUR LAZY ASSES OVER HERE AND DO YOUR GODDAM JOB AND YOU MAKE SURE HE'S NOT STILL HERE. THAT'S WHAT I PAY YOU TO DO.
The Department of the Treasury.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
My federal income taxes help pay for oil industry subsidies. You are still a pretend oilfield engineer, right?
So why do you need to suckle from the government teat? Can't you make it on your own?
You continue to repeat the propaganda lie that the oil companies get subsidies. But, you can't tell us what those subsidies are, for some reason.
Tell us about those subsidies to the oil companies, dufus.
... inquiring minds want to know.
History 101

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Did I say anything about Jesus or religion clown?
I'm pretty sure you should'a put a comma in there, fluck.

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Please identify a specific subsidy that is unique to the oil industry.
"But an examination of the American tax code indicates that oil production is among the most heavily subsidized businesses, with tax breaks available at virtually every stage of the exploration and extraction process."

"According to the most recent study by the Congressional Budget Office, released in 2005, capital investments like oil field leases and drilling equipment are taxed at an effective rate of 9 percent, significantly lower than the overall rate of 25 percent for businesses in general and lower than virtually any other industry."

Read more

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/04/business/04...
History 101

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
The Treasury Dept.
Good answer!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Tax breaks on a grand scale amount to subsidies, we could go on for weeks about energy/oil company tax beaks and barely scratch the surface.
That oil companies aren't subsidized by government at all levels is a right wing myth.
Tax breaks are allowing people/companies to keep more of the money they earn. Not a subsidy. Only libtards would call allowing someone to keep the money they earn a subsidy.

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Is he still there?
I DON'T F**K*NG KNOW. I'M HIDING IN THE CLOSET HOPING HE DOESN'T COME LOOKING IN HERE. GET YOUR LAZY ASSES OVER HERE AND DO YOUR GODDAM JOB AND YOU MAKE SURE HE'S NOT STILL HERE. THAT'S WHAT I PAY YOU TO DO.
Well, gee Whiz.

Then they would send someone.

You really are this stupid. Here I thought it was an act.

One more time.

If the caller says the suspects are gone, they don't drop everything & rush over.

If the caller says they are or might be, then they would.

My God, how the F*ck did you not get that.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Tax breaks on a grand scale amount to subsidies, we could go on for weeks about energy/oil company tax beaks and barely scratch the surface.
That oil companies aren't subsidized by government at all levels is a right wing myth.
For instance, Exxon pays 12.3 billion dollars in taxes to the federal government of the United States. Exxon earns only 9.6 billion dollars from investment in the United States.

... that's some tax break, isn't it?

That oil companies are subsidized by the government is a leftwing propaganda lie.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
The Treasury Dept.
Ok. For the "special needs" people in the class, for the umpteenth time....

The Treasury Department isn't a source of money. The Treasury Department is a repository for money collected from a source of money.
Besides, there isn't any money in the Treasury Department because the Treasury Department is already 16.5 trillion dollars in debt.

If you're too ignorant to answer the question of where the money will come from to pay for Obama's government, just read a little when someone who actually knows what a source of money is might answer.

Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
History 101

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Say, any you guys ever bring a beautiful woman home, undress her, stick you head between her legs an' discover she got a dirty ass? Now wha's up with that shit? She think cause she beautiful she don't got to wash her ass befo' she go out on a date? What you do then? I drag they ass down the hall and scrub that thing til it shine, an' that white girl screamin' an' yellin' the whole time and I'll jus' shove the whole bar of soap up there, goddamit! But, after I dress 'em up a l'il, they start purrin' an' cooin' an' it generally like nuthin' ever happen... anyways, tha's how I do it.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, gee Whiz.
Then they would send someone.
You really are this stupid. Here I thought it was an act.
One more time.
If the caller says the suspects are gone, they don't drop everything & rush over.
If the caller says they are or might be, then they would.
My God, how the F*ck did you not get that.
or...

I think I saw him leave.

Ok. We'll send a car in the morning to take a report.

Caller is raped and murdered by the intruder who didn't actually leave the house.
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Jane!! Meltdown in progress! Get the pills!
I don't think you should mix them with your vodka.
Truth is no SIN

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Slavery and the “Race” Notion (E11)
A question often asked by folks interested in the
A question often asked by folks interested in the history of the “race” notion is why Northern Whites fought for a “race” they considered inferior. The answer is that they did no such thing. In the Midwestern heartland of Abraham Lincoln’s new Republican party, voters opposed the spread of slavery precisely because they wanted to keep despised Blacks away. They wanted to preserve the United States a White man’s nation forever.

A mirror-image question is why Southerners fought to preserve slavery when so many were biracial. Again, the two issues are skewed. Most biracial slave traders believed slavery was good because, among other benefits, it led to genetic amalgamation (as in Iberia, Mexico, or Argentina), and so would lead to America rejecting the “race” notion.

It is hard to get your brain around these concepts because, when we were kids, we learned in school that slavery and “race” were somehow connected. And so, as adults, we are surprised to learn that whether a person supported the “race” notion is separate from whether he supported slavery. We automatically ascribe “racial” motives to slaveowners, and color-blind motives to abolitionists, because slavery and “race” go together in our minds. But slavery and “race” could be very differently related in the mind of a 19th century person. To see this, contrast the beliefs of Abraham Lincoln and Anna Kingsley.

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Director of Operations for the CIA’s Joint Task Force on Iraq
I wonder what the responsibilities for that job are....
Let's ask Valerie Plame. It was her last job before Robert Novak outed her.
Valerie Plame is responsible for any and all intelligence given to Bush on the status of WMD programs in Iraq prior to fighting the war the Arabs started there.
Director of Operations for the CIA’s Joint Task Force on Iraq.
The Task Force was to seek out & confirm intel that Iraq had WMD programs.

She was not responsible when Bush & Cheney utilized intel that had not been confirmed.

Like the aluminum tube story.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

History 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let the record show that the texas coward known as DB refused to answer the question. Probably a marine.
What f**k*ng question? Probvably one you used to avoid answering a question about where Obama was when the White House ordered the Americans in Benghazi hung out to dry and watched Al Qaeda kill them on real-time video, or why Obama lied for two weeks covering up an Al Qaeda attack on the United States, or avoiding answering the question about where the money will come from to pay for Obama's government.
History 101

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. For the "special needs" people in the class, for the umpteenth time....
The Treasury Department isn't a source of money. The Treasury Department is a repository for money collected from a source of money.
Besides, there isn't any money in the Treasury Department because the Treasury Department is already 16.5 trillion dollars in debt.
If you're too ignorant to answer the question of where the money will come from to pay for Obama's government, just read a little when someone who actually knows what a source of money is might answer.
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
Marine Dude, he was makin' fun of you. I swear to god you prob'ly think Gomer Pile sumthin' a marine puss might aspire to be.

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Yes. to my knowledge the government doesn't give oil companies any money other than when buying their products. In fact the federal government make twice as much on the oil companies product than do the oil companies. Not counting states and local taxes.
I get it.

If an oil company makes a billion dollars in profit, handing then $200,000 is a subsidy.

If an oil company makes a billion dollars in profit, handing them a $200,000 tax break is not.

Right whiner thinking at its best
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Tax breaks are allowing people/companies to keep more of the money they earn. Not a subsidy. Only libtards would call allowing someone to keep the money they earn a subsidy.
You don't have a fkn clue pal__one day you're on here bitchn about subsidies for ethanol and the next day you're denying that oil companies are receiving the lions share of those.

One more time moron, "tax breaks on a grand scale amount to subsidies."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 788,141 - 788,160 of1,034,123
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

52 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 min litesong 42,993
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 28 min PEllen 96,134
Abby 4-19 36 min Kuuipo 9
Music Artists A to Z 40 min boundary painter 92
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 45 min boundary painter 1,023
Amy 4-19 48 min boundary painter 8
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 56 min boundary painter 7,551
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]