Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#856109 Feb 8, 2013
Zero hearings on right-wing violence

Which group has committed more acts of violent terrorism in the last 20 years, Muslim extremists or right-wing extremists?

Not only is it the right-wing extremists, it’s not even close. The Economist magazine credits right-wing groups with 145 incidents between 1990 and 2010 — versus 25 Islamic attacks.

Fortunately, the House Homeland Security Committee has held five hearings on Muslim radicalism in the last two years — as well it should. But how many hearings have focused on the violent right-wing fringe?

Our number of the day:

ZERO.

Zip.

Nada.

After a Wisconsin man gunned down six people in a Sikh temple this month.

After a Texas man crashed his plane into an Internal Revenue Service building two years ago.

After racists have formed networks in the military.

Still — nothing.

And for that, we can blame politics. Three years ago, a unit in the Department of Homeland Security warned that economic problems and a newly elected black president could turn up the volume from conservative hate groups. The right wing slammed the report — and that DHS unit was gutted.

But the warning was dead-on. These attacks have only gotten worse — and instead of looking extensively at the problem, the GOP-controlled House committee has been looking everywhere except at the groups that committed 145 terrorist acts.

Note to Congress: Forget your party affiliation. You either take the threat of domestic terrorism seriously or you don’t.

http://current.com/shows/viewpoint/blog/zero-...

articles on right wing violence permeate the net. but if you want the 'scoop' on left wing violence you have to rely on Breibart. minus the retractions of course.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#856110 Feb 8, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Right-wing extremist terrorism as deadly a threat as al Qaeda?
The word "terrorism" in the United States usually brings to mind plots linked in some way to al Qaeda, while the danger posed to the public by white supremacists, anti-abortion extremists and other right-wing militants is often overlooked.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/07/opinion/bergen-...
overlooked? praised on FOX is more like it.
When you blame other people for the things that go wrong in your life, remember this..... Things will continue to go wrong in your deranged life.

Sonicfilter still dancing in the rain...

A camel can work for a week without drinking. A liberal can copy and paste bullshit for a week without thinking or working.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#856111 Feb 8, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
On some rightwing radio program yesterday, they were claiming a breaking story that Brennan is a Muslim!!
Is going to work for one... Maybe a Muslim sympathizer???
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#856112 Feb 8, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Well, those Code Pink ladies got pretty rowdy yesterday IMO.
Imagine Code Pink and the right wing Obama haters on the same side of an issue LOL.
Sometimes in the winds of change, some liberals find their direction. You are a very special kind of stupid aren't you?
Floridum

Germany

#856113 Feb 8, 2013
I can post the same thing for a week without thinking.I can copy and paste bullshit for a week without thinking or working.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#856114 Feb 8, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the Pentagon timeline, Obama was in a meeting at 11 PM in the White House with Panetta & the head of the Joint Chiefs.
The initial attack was over.
That is not what Panetta said yesterday.
Floridum

Germany

#856117 Feb 8, 2013
Sometimes in the winds of change, I try and find my direction. Even for topix standards, I am a very special kind of stupid aren't I?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#856118 Feb 8, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
On some rightwing radio program yesterday, they were claiming a breaking story that Brennan is a Muslim!!
He speaks Arabic fluently, can read the language and given his career experiences he's a perfect fit, in these times, for the job of CIA director.

He's probably a real prik and perhaps going back a ways he was part of the problem at that agency, he certainly has detractors on both sides of the aisle.
Shakalaka

Morrow, GA

#856119 Feb 8, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
The wife is out riding her new Harley, and I'm home alone. I think I'll put a post here for you idiots to dance around like a penguin with a club foot...
In a speech to House Democrats, Biden claimed,“It is clearly within the right of the government to determine what type of weapons can be owned by the public.”
Can anyone provide text from the Constitution that supports Biden's statement?
And, the public is the people. We have a government of the people and by the people, if you give any respect to Abraham Lincoln.
So, if you think we have a government of the people, then the government is subject to the same restrictions.
Actually, the Democrats don't like the concept of a government of the people. They are trying to force on the people a government of the ruling elite. Therefore, with disregard to the Constitution, they intend on instituting two different sets of rights: one set of rights for the people in the government, and a different set of rights for the lower classes not part of the ruling elite.
Again, can anyone provide text from the Constitution that supports Biden's statement?
The problem with this country is some of you idiots think that you know more about running this country than the man in the job. Well if that's the case, stfu and Run for the office. I agree with the president. You rednecks are crazy as hell. Some lines need to be drawn with regards to allowing fools to run around with weapons of mass destruction. YOU know it too. WTF do you need with a high powered, automatic weapon that shoots 100 rounds? If you want to kill somebody...take your crazy asses to war where they are armed to shoot back at cha.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#856120 Feb 8, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>More importantly, the attack began at +/- 8PM Benghazi time on Sept 11 2012.
What time was it then in Washington DC?
A guess. Around noon.
Floridum

Germany

#856121 Feb 8, 2013
I am still dancing in the rain...and.........
I can copy and paste bullshit for a week without thinking or working.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#856122 Feb 8, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Zero hearings on right-wing violence
Which group has committed more acts of violent terrorism in the last 20 years, Muslim extremists or right-wing extremists?
Not only is it the right-wing extremists, it’s not even close. The Economist magazine credits right-wing groups with 145 incidents between 1990 and 2010 — versus 25 Islamic attacks.
Fortunately, the House Homeland Security Committee has held five hearings on Muslim radicalism in the last two years — as well it should. But how many hearings have focused on the violent right-wing fringe?
Our number of the day:
ZERO.
Zip.
Nada.
After a Wisconsin man gunned down six people in a Sikh temple this month.
After a Texas man crashed his plane into an Internal Revenue Service building two years ago.
After racists have formed networks in the military.
Still — nothing.
And for that, we can blame politics. Three years ago, a unit in the Department of Homeland Security warned that economic problems and a newly elected black president could turn up the volume from conservative hate groups. The right wing slammed the report — and that DHS unit was gutted.
But the warning was dead-on. These attacks have only gotten worse — and instead of looking extensively at the problem, the GOP-controlled House committee has been looking everywhere except at the groups that committed 145 terrorist acts.
Note to Congress: Forget your party affiliation. You either take the threat of domestic terrorism seriously or you don’t.
http://current.com/shows/viewpoint/blog/zero-...
articles on right wing violence permeate the net. but if you want the 'scoop' on left wing violence you have to rely on Breibart. minus the retractions of course.
Well it's not like Fox News or rightwing talk radio or bloggers are going to attack their audience.

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#856123 Feb 8, 2013
There is no permanence in politics. Democrats patting themselves on the back at a job well done will at some point be drowning their sorrows in beer as Republicans again talk about their ridiculous fantasy of a permanent Republican majority (this time without steel tariffs).

People shift over time. Pendulums swing. And in the age of instantly lame ducked Presidents upon their swearing in for a second term, discord has ways of getting the best of any political party.

Conservatives who rallied to George W. Bush through No Child Left Behind, steel tariffs, Medicare Part D, Harriet Miers, etc. stood with him until the end. Many held on through TARP and the auto bailout and immigration, unable to see the fractures or trying to will them away. Now the GOP is dealing with the fall out of that legacy.

Consider the suspicion conservative groups have of Bush’s architect, Karl Rove, starting a new group supposedly to support “the most electable conservative”. Conservatives are still trying to work their way back out of the Republican Party and stand up on their own again.

http://www.redstate.com/2013/02/07/the-tippin...

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#856124 Feb 8, 2013
Shakalaka wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with this country is some of you idiots think that you know more about running this country than the man in the job. Well if that's the case, stfu and Run for the office. I agree with the president. You rednecks are crazy as hell. Some lines need to be drawn with regards to allowing fools to run around with weapons of mass destruction. YOU know it too. WTF do you need with a high powered, automatic weapon that shoots 100 rounds? If you want to kill somebody...take your crazy asses to war where they are armed to shoot back at cha.
WTF do you need with obama drones, killing and targeting American citizens without trial or proof of a crime? An automatic weapon that can shoot, bomb and kill many people.

You can ban guns, box cutters, knifes, swords, sticks or stones. You won't disarm a deranged liberal.

Judged:

12

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#856125 Feb 8, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Just ask tenzing.
I agree, you just come on here to make stupid.

Judged:

11

11

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#856126 Feb 8, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>There is actually a you tube video showing a sleeping Obama with the story about him skipping the Benghazi attack so he could party with Beyonce and JayZ. Some of these ignorant right wing racist loons believe "anything" that puts Obama in a bad light
The fact that a lot of these right wing racist loons such as flack are functionally illiterate makes it very easy for their puppetmasters like Rove and Rush to fool them...none of the lot seems to have any ability to feel shame for their actions.

Judged:

11

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Floridum

Germany

#856127 Feb 8, 2013
You can ban guns, box cutters, knifes, swords, sticks or stones. You won't disarm a deranged Floridum.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#856128 Feb 8, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
Then what national interests are we defending in the Gulf region?

Judged:

11

11

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#856129 Feb 8, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
<pulling out the Democrat voter registry>
Weren't you asking about Code Pink recently? I see they were protesting Brennan in the Senate yesterday.

Oh, and the US Treasury.

Judged:

11

11

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#856130 Feb 8, 2013
Today is the 100th anniversary of the 'Bull Moose Special'.

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 39 min Brian_G 52,846
Bill Clinton's Wife. 1 hr CONTINUATION 3
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Red_Forman 5,899
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr Red_Forman 861
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr Red_Forman 5,200
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr Guru 187,276
Look out, America, here comes Hillary!! 7 hr Professor Fate 8
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]