Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#855635 Feb 7, 2013
You're like a really dumb broken record. GE is the only one who doesn't pay taxes?? Or just a straw man??

----------

"Among the 47% Who Pay No Income Taxes Is Mitt Romney Himself!

Mitt’s money that has not been funneled through offshore corporations linked to bank accounts in no tax jurisdictions has been taxed as capital gains, not income.

Mitt Romney dismissed 47% of the American people who don’t pay income tax as slackers and deadbeats. Thanks to a loophole Romney pays US taxes as “carried interest” which is taxed at the capital gains rate of 15%. That figure would not only include Romney himself who pays no income tax, but also all those corporate persons (remember Romney said,“Corporations are people, my friend.”) such as Exxon Mobil and GE who not only pay no income tax but get a generous rebate thanks to American taxpayers."

"Here is a list of the top 10 corporate deadbeats and slackers:

1) Exxon Mobil made $19 billion in profits in 2009. Exxon not only paid no federal income taxes, it actually received a $156 million rebate from the IRS, according to its SEC filings.

2) Bank of America received a $1.9 billion tax refund from the IRS last year, although it made $4.4 billion in profits and received a bailout from the Federal Reserve and the Treasury Department of nearly $1 trillion.

3) Over the past five years, while General Electric made $26 billion in profits in the United States, it received a $4.1 billion refund from the IRS.

4) Chevron received a $19 million refund from the IRS last year after it made $10 billion in profits in 2009.

5) Boeing, which received a $30 billion contract from the Pentagon to build 179 airborne tankers, got a $124 million refund from the IRS last year.

6) Valero Energy, the 25th largest company in America with $68 billion in sales last year received a $157 million tax refund check from the IRS and, over the past three years, it received a $134 million tax break from the oil and gas manufacturing tax deduction.

7) Goldman Sachs in 2008 only paid 1.1 percent of its income in taxes even though it earned a profit of $2.3 billion and received an almost $800 billion from the Federal Reserve and U.S. Treasury Department.

8) Citigroup last year made more than $4 billion in profits but paid no federal income taxes. It received a $2.5 trillion bailout from the Federal Reserve and U.S. Treasury.

9) ConocoPhillips, the fifth largest oil company in the United States, made $16 billion in profits from 2007 through 2009, but received $451 million in tax breaks through the oil and gas manufacturing deduction.

10) Over the past five years, Carnival Cruise Lines made more than $11 billion in profits, but its federal income tax rate during those years was just 1.1 percent.

----------

Funny how you mention GE, but ignore your hero, Mittens!!

You're funny.
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
What’s your Point? GE paid Zero Taxes do you have a problem with that?
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#855636 Feb 7, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
"Papa, I already have one son walking around Odessa looking like a lunatic. I don't need another"
STOP TROLLING ME MAMAMa OK RESPECT MY POST I WILL RESPECT YOUR IM NO LIGHT WEIGHT I TOUCH FROM AFAR
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#855638 Feb 7, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
What "tax breaks"?
The left keeps saying this, but cannot be specific.
You're right, there are no tax breaks and the oil companies pay the most taxes; and the Nazis were communists and Martin Luther King was a Republican and the Sandyhook murders were the result of gay marriage and abortion, and, and, and.....

Yer all outta yer minduhs.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#855639 Feb 7, 2013
Truth is no SIN wrote:
THE 3/5 DEMOCRATS WERE TAUGHT BY THE LIB JIM CROW KKK DEMOCRATS THEY CANNOT BE RACIST BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO POWER WELL GUESS WHAT THEY MADE YOU THINK YOU HAVE POWER SO NOW THEY CAN DESTROY YOU BECAUSE NOW YOU THINK YOU HAVE POWER SO NOW YOU ARE BIGOTS FOR THE WORLD TO SEE,O also new mini series the AMERICANS PLEASE WATCH PLEASE 3/5 DEMOCRATS ALSO watch and learn because it is coming our art imitates life and say its fiction BRAINwashing lololol3/5 democrats
"This is Sammy Davis Jr. Jr... She is Grandfather's Seeing Eye bitch. Father purchased her for him not because he believes Grandfather is blind, but because a Seeing Eye bitch is also a good thing for people who pine for the opposite of loneliness. In truth, Father did not purchase her at all, but merely retrieved her from the home for forgetful dogs. Because of this, she is not a real Seeing Eye bitch, and is also mentally deranged."

Everything is Illuminated
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#855641 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>
"Papa, I already have one son walking around Odessa looking like a lunatic. I don't need another"
lily clearly embraces her need for contraceptives
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#855642 Feb 7, 2013
February 7, 2013

U.S. Cancels Regular Drone Strikes on Saturdays

Posted by Andy Borowitz

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Citing budgetary concerns, the United States announced today that it would discontinue regular Saturday drone strikes on U.S. citizens, beginning in 2014.

In announcing the decision, the White House spokesman Jay Carney acknowledged that the cutback in drone service was “bound to be controversial.”“In the United States, we’ve always prided ourselves on our ability to target our citizens with drone strikes, Monday through Saturday, regardless of the weather,” he said.“We know that losing Saturday drone service is going to take some getting used to.”

But the move to cutback in drone service drew sharp criticism from a longtime defender of the program, the former Vice-President Dick Cheney.“Like most Americans, I thought I’d never see the day when drones just up and take Saturdays off,” he said.“This would never be happening if I were still President.”

As if to silence critics, Mr. Carney assured reporters that drones could “still get the job done” Monday through Friday, and reminded U.S. citizens to update the government on any change of address so the drones would know where to reach them.

Read more: http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowit...
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#855643 Feb 7, 2013
WHEN THE DRONES START BOMBING LATIN AMERICA WILL THE LATINOS STAND BY AND WATCH AND NOT PROTEST OR WILL THEY STAND UP FOR THE RIGHT THING THEY WILL STAND UP THE ARE NOT LIKE 3/5 DEMOCRATS, the LATINOS VOTE FOR BOTH PARTIES THATS WHY THEY GET MORE RESPECT IN POLITICS THAN 3/5 DEMOCRATS LOVE LATIN CULTURE AND REAL BLACK CULTURE NOT THE 3/5 CULTURE
TSM

El Paso, TX

#855645 Feb 7, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right.
So why do Republiclowns refuse to end oil subsidies, even as our nation is broke??
Nuculur the Senate votes to (End Oil Company Subsidies) it was defeated by a bi-partisan vote 52-48!! Darn those Democrats!!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#855646 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Because they're the largest contributors to republican campaigns.
Who owns the oil anyway?
Would Romney have abolished the use of Drones?
As I said yesterday. Whoever owns the mineral rights for that parcel of land.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#855648 Feb 7, 2013
Truth is no SIN wrote:
WHEN THE DRONES START BOMBING LATIN AMERICA WILL THE LATINOS STAND BY AND WATCH AND NOT PROTEST OR WILL THEY STAND UP FOR THE RIGHT THING THEY WILL STAND UP THE ARE NOT LIKE 3/5 DEMOCRATS, the LATINOS VOTE FOR BOTH PARTIES THATS WHY THEY GET MORE RESPECT IN POLITICS THAN 3/5 DEMOCRATS LOVE LATIN CULTURE AND REAL BLACK CULTURE NOT THE 3/5 CULTURE
Well, if the Drones are coming, it's recommended that you lay down, but, by all means, go out there and stand up you nutjob
Have a JewHoo

Salt Lake City, UT

#855649 Feb 7, 2013
Truth is no SIN wrote:
Jew-boy, jew-boy whatcha gonna do?
Whatcha gonna do when they come fo' you?
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#855650 Feb 7, 2013
WE ARE JUST LIKE THE BAD GUYS no WE ARE THE FING BAD GUYS Anonymous US intelligence officials have also revealed details of CIA video surveillance on particular strikes. And the ‘Terror Tuesday’ process – in which hundreds of named alleged militants have been selected by US agencies for targeted killing – has been widely reported.

Photographs and other documents also occasionally surface. When a civilian family was killed in the first drone strike of Barack Obama’s presidency, local officials issued formal paperwork (see right) that was later obtained by the campaign group Center for Civilians in Conflict.

ID cards, family photographs and eyewitness testimony of attacks can all provide useful corroborating evidence. The graves of militants killed in drone strikes can also name them as ‘martyrs’ and give details of the strikes in which they died.

Drawing on information from a wide array of sources, the Bureau’s team will seek to build a detailed understanding of those killed.

Focus on Pakistan

While the Bureau will seek to extend the project to Yemen and Somalia in the near future, the initial focus will be on the nation where most US covert drone strikes have taken place.

Researchers based in Pakistan and the UK will seek to build up biographical information for all of those killed, whether civilian or militant – their name, age, gender, tribe, and village, for example. Where possible, photographs, witness statements and official documentation will also be published.

The team will seek assistance from the Pakistan and US governments in identifying those killed. And researchers will also call on Taliban factions and other militant groups to release information on the many hundreds of fighters killed in more than 360 US drone strikes since 2004.
So NotSurprizedNutz

Pompano Beach, FL

#855651 Feb 7, 2013
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>I love lurking around. Always lurking between socks!!
Not Surprized wrote: Would you like to borrown my Mercedes. Well, now I have three brand new cars. If I told you what I bought for my personal driver, you wouldn't believe it.
I bought him some judgits!
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#855652 Feb 7, 2013
I had an Algebra teacher in high school whose voice was like a drone; it was unbearable, we'd all fall asleep, She was around 80.
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#855653 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Well, if the Drones are coming, it's recommended that you lay down, but, by all means, go out there and stand up you nutjob
THEY ARE DEPLOYING drones to the mexicoon border as we speak theY will soon be armed lololol
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#855654 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>
lily prefers to lay down; that way, she doesn't have to fear breaking her bottle on the descent to the floor.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#855655 Feb 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Because they're the largest contributors to republican campaigns.
Who owns the oil anyway?
Would Romney have abolished the use of Drones?
Arm the drones with assault rifles__problem solved.

Who owns the oil is an interesting question particularly in an era where directional/horizontal drilling, fracking etc etc is commonplace.

How the government has and continues to issue mineral rights, oil leases and drilling permits is also interesting__amusing actually. T. Boone Pickens father worked for the US government and damned if he wasn't one of the guys that issued oil leases.

Nepotism and cronyism was the rule back in "the good old days."
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#855656 Feb 7, 2013
Truth is no SIN wrote:
<quoted text>STOP TROLLING ME MAMAMa OK RESPECT MY POST I WILL RESPECT YOUR IM NO LIGHT WEIGHT I TOUCH FROM AFAR
You're touched from afar? As in UFO's? No shyt.
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#855658 Feb 7, 2013
I had an Algebra teacher in high school whose voice was like a drone; it was unbearable, we'd all fall asleep, She was around 80.
Are you sure it wasn't the alcohol in your slurpee thermos?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#855659 Feb 7, 2013
Truth is no SIN wrote:
<quoted text>THEY ARE DEPLOYING drones to the mexicoon border as we speak theY will soon be armed lololol
So? Who cares? You live in Mexico? Where's Jane? Did you push off the platform?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Frank 182,196
Dear Abby 12-28 1 hr Cass 3
Amy 12-28-14 1 hr Cass 3
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr PEllen 98,885
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,920
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr litesong 49,370
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr rabbee yehoshooah... 71,278
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:49 am PST

Bleacher Report 8:49AM