Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 39,380)

Showing posts 787,581 - 787,600 of1,072,148
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
dem buying votes

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Sponsored by the group Mayors Against Illegal Guns, the eclectic group of actors, comedians, advocates and doctors argued for a range of changes, from background checks to all-out bans on assault weapons. The same organization, backed by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, produced a nearly 90-second ad in late December featuring dozens of A-listers calling for a plan against gun violence.

Some simply came Wednesday to throw their support behind President Barack Obama, who's leading a push of his own to tighten gun laws following the Newtown elementary school shooting that left 26 killed, including 20 children.

GUN CONTROL GO AFTER OUTLAWS

GO AFTER HOLLYWOOD OBAMA AND SEE THE DEM FUNDS GET CUT
OFF,GO AHEAD AND MAKE MY DAY

"The president and the first lady are kind of like the mom and the dad of the country," comedian and actor Chris Rock said. "And when your dad says something, you listen. And when you don't, it usually bites you in the ass later on. So I'm here to support the president."
Truth is no SIN

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

THE PIGS ARE SQUEELING LOLOLOL A LITTLE HISTORY GOT THEM TIGHT HAHAHAHA CANT STAND THE POSSIBILITY OF BIGGOTRY BEING PUT TO REST LOLOLOL YOUR DOCTOR NEEDS YOUR MEDICAL HISTORY TO HEAL YOU, IF YOU ARE AMERICAN IF YOU JUST GOT HERE YOU ARE BRAND NEW THIS IS FOR AMERICANS THAT HAS FAMILY "ROOTS" you fresh off the BOAT YOU HAVE NO CLUE 1940 1900 you are NEW TO AMERICA SIT YOUR A** DOWN
Truth is no SIN

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

First, a paper trail indicating “racial” identity was a transitory phenomenon in U.S. history, lasting only from about 1880 to about 1965.13 Most nineteenth-century births were not recorded on civil birth certificates, just with local churches. And since Alabama ended the practice in 1991, only five states (Connecticut, Hawaii, Mississippi, North Carolina, and Texas) put infant “race” on birth certificates today. Some states never did so, and most stopped doing so in the late 1960s.14 Similarly, neither driver’s licenses nor voter registration cards record “racial” identity in most jurisdictions today. This is precisely why “racial” profiling is so controversial. In Florida, for example, neither the state voter registration web site nor the Flagler County voter registration card has any entry for “race,” while the Alachua County card does. The few civil records today that capture one’s “race”(jobs, school matriculation, etc) are voluntary. You can check off or write in whatever you want and, with one exception, nobody questions it.15 If you look European and claim to be White, nobody cares.

The word “passing” is a misnomer to the extent that it is associated with deceit or pretense. As far as anyone can tell, most of the individuals who redefine themselves from Black to White or Hispanic make no secret of their partial African ancestry. They just do not feel that this trivial fact should stop them from adopting a “racial” self-identity that matches their appearance. There is no need to “cut all family ties and walk away.”

White Americans with openly acknowledged partial African ancestry abound in the entertainment industry. The official web sites of many entertainers claim mixed ancestry. As of July 1, 2003, URL addresses http://www.mixedfolks.com/africans.htm and http://www.multiracial.com/links/links-celebr... provide links to hundreds of such sites. Among these are blue-eyed blondes like Broadway star Carol Channing and Heather Locklear, star of the TV show Melrose Place.16 At the other extreme are brunettes like Jennifer Beals, star of the movie Flashdance (who has a Black father). Of in-between skin tone are Oscar-winning film and TV star Martin Sheen (an Afro-Cuban grandmother) and Emmy-winning vocalist Linda Ronstadt (an Afro-Mexican grandfather). Additionally, there are thousands of Hispanic entertainers, such as Geraldo Rivera, Jimmy Smits, Jennifer Lopez, or Mariah Carey, who proudly claim African as well as Spanish roots through their Latin American heritage.

That switching sides has risen in the past few decades makes it likely that many switchers are following the example of the millions of Puerto Ricans who have come to the mainland since 1950. Most Puerto Ricans have obvious African ancestry, but 90 percent check off “White” on the census form anyway.17 In fact, given that all methods of estimating the rate of Black-to-White identity-switching converge on the 0.10-to-0.14 percent per year figure derived from the observed African admixture in White Americans, legendary tales of “cutting all family ties” and deception more likely belong to the realm of fictional “passing” novels than to the reality of America’s notoriously mobile society.(Except perhaps during the Jim Crow period and, even then, apparently only Whites were deceived regarding ongoing family contact.) As Maria P.P. Root put it in “Resolving ‘Other’ Status: Identity Development of Biracial Individuals,” Women and Therapy 9 (1990): 202 ,“It is not uncommon that many individuals emerge out of college years with a different resolution to their racial identity than when they graduated high school.”
Nj raider 1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Idiots like you only bring it up to try and make modern day whites feel guilty for something that they had nothing to do with and piss off blacks who have never experienced slavery feel righteous in their hatred towards whites. Guess which group your propaganda works on best. The ones who think it will benefit them somehow.
Hey no it all, what's the difference in slavery & racism? Slavery is the physical dimension where as racism from a larger group against a much smaller group is 1 in the same with oppression & oppression is te mental dimension of slavery. Lesson learned! Thank you very much! We as black people have just learned over time to stop making excuses. Doesn't make reality of racism any less real. If America is 74% white & only 13% black, then by the mere fact that the national unemployment rate is 7.8% or so, yet the black unemployment rate is 16%, over 30% for young black males is an inclination of oppression therefore racism & ( at thee least the mental dimension of slavery). Just without the lynching, whips, & chains, but knowingly & willfully holding a certain group of people back is in itself a form of slavery! The unemployment statistic alone is staggering & astronomical!
Truth is no SIN

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

A Jew Spams in Brooklyn
HOW IS IT THIS PERSON IS NOT CHALLENGED BY NANO SINCE SHE IS SOO FAIR SKINNEDED READ THE NASTYNESS THE WATEVER WRITES AWWW NANO HOW COME YOU ARE NOT OUTRAGED I WONDER Y
Truth is no SIN

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Hey no it all, what's the difference in slavery & racism? Slavery is the physical dimension where as racism from a larger group against a much smaller group is 1 in the same with oppression & oppression is te mental dimension of slavery. Lesson learned! Thank you very much! We as black people have just learned over time to stop making excuses. Doesn't make reality of racism any less real. If America is 74% white & only 13% black, then by the mere fact that the national unemployment rate is 7.8% or so, yet the black unemployment rate is 16%, over 30% for young black males is an inclination of oppression therefore racism & ( at thee least the mental dimension of slavery). Just without the lynching, whips, & chains, but knowingly & willfully holding a certain group of people back is in itself a form of slavery! The unemployment statistic alone is staggering & astronomical!
LISTEN I DONT NEED YOUR HELP NOW YOU QUOTE HISTORY Fing 3/5 democrat I HOPE YOU LEARN ABOUT YOURSELF FORGET GEN MO MO OR WATEVER
Nj raider 1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Truth is no SIN wrote:
<quoted text>YOU SEEm TO ONLY HAVE ONE BOOK TRY SOMETHING ELSE
It's obvious I've read it. Now it's your turn. I promise you'll learn something! Don't be ignorant!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

A Jew Spams in Brooklyn wrote:
<quoted text>
And you, according to your retarded daughter, are a bird-brain. Soar with Eagles much? Hahahahahahaha, coward, cripple.
Who lifts up the sewer grate for you each morning?

...and who sets it back in place each night?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Hey no it all, what's the difference in slavery & racism? Slavery is the physical dimension where as racism from a larger group against a much smaller group is 1 in the same with oppression & oppression is te mental dimension of slavery. Lesson learned! Thank you very much! We as black people have just learned over time to stop making excuses. Doesn't make reality of racism any less real. If America is 74% white & only 13% black, then by the mere fact that the national unemployment rate is 7.8% or so, yet the black unemployment rate is 16%, over 30% for young black males is an inclination of oppression therefore racism & ( at thee least the mental dimension of slavery). Just without the lynching, whips, & chains, but knowingly & willfully holding a certain group of people back is in itself a form of slavery! The unemployment statistic alone is staggering & astronomical!
My God, the inside of your head must look like tangled yarn.

Cut that ugly POS off and start over.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
For a guy that had to scrounge around to find a silly market POV, you clearly didn't understand.
Why are you afraid of the equity markets??
Understand? I didn't even read it.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
Dean Wormer: Greg, what is the worst fraternity on this campus?
Greg: Well that would be hard to say, sir. They're each outstanding in their own way.
Dean Wormer: Cut the horseshit, son. I've got their disciplinary files right here. Who dropped a whole truckload of fizzies into the swim meet? Who delivered the medical school cadavers to the alumni dinner? Every Halloween, the trees are filled with underwear. Every spring, the toilets explode.
Greg: You're talking about Delta, sir.
Dean Wormer: Of course I'm talking about Delta, you Twerp! This year is going to be different. This year we are going to grab the bull by the balls and kick those punks off campus.
Greg: What do you intend to do sir? Delta's already on probation.
Dean Wormer: They are?
Greg: Yes, sir.
Dean Wormer: Oh. Then as of this moment, they're on double secret probation!
Greg: Double secret probation, sir?
Dean Wormer: There is a little-known codicil in the Faber College constitution which gives the dean unlimited power to preserve order in time of campus emergency. Find me a way to revoke Delta's charter. You live next door. Put Neidermeyer on it. He's a sneaky little shit, just like you, right?[Greg nods] The time has come for someone to put their foot down. And that foot is me.
LMAO at Dean Wormer__do you remember when that mofo used to go all night on this thread a ten others???

What do "you" suppose happened to Dean Wormer on topix?

Should we make a game of it Galt?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
You appear more ignorant than usual today.
Both situations Dave mentioned are identical.
You just can't admit when you're wrong.
We get it. You prefer to look stupid.
<quoted text>
No they're not. Now go look up the word identical so you can see where you went wrong in your post.
Nj raider 1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Truth is no SIN wrote:
<quoted text>LISTEN I DONT NEED YOUR HELP NOW YOU QUOTE HISTORY Fing 3/5 democrat I HOPE YOU LEARN ABOUT YOURSELF FORGET GEN MO MO OR WATEVER
I know all about myself, but it's obvious you majored in whiteman history. I'm just giving you the option of truth so you can stop looking stupid when they lie in your face. You know its a lie , but thee ignorance in you will force you to believe it.
Truth is no SIN

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> It's obvious I've read it. Now it's your turn. I promise you'll learn something! Don't be ignorant!
OK NOW IM BORED WHAT IS THIS PIECE OF ENLIGHTENED BOOK ABOUT AND HOW DID IT CHANGE THE COURSE OF YOUR LIFE YAWN, because i only read jet,bossip, sandrarose,wshh,allhiphop, please give me the most important line from this wildly known book or general is it fact or fiction is there studies that validate the premis of the book what high schools or universities use this history book as reference please fill my empty cup thanks in advance

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
What does Hamilton have to do with the discussion of where revenue comes from?
You have the intellectual depth of an EBT recipient armed with the tools of an ADD 5 year old.
After 3 or 4 lines I quit reading his posts. It's all the same bs he posts daily anyway.
Truth is no SIN

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

BEING BIRACIAL IS TOUGH ONE SIDE WANTS TO STUDY ALL THE TIME THEN GO TO WORK THE OTHER SIDE WANTS TO PARTY AND GET LAID ROUGH DAYS I TELL YA watch the BIGGOTS COME RUNNING no rest for the weary lololohahahah
Truth is no SIN

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text>I know all about myself, but it's obvious you majored in whiteman history. I'm just giving you the option of truth so you can stop looking stupid when they lie in your face. You know its a lie , but thee ignorance in you will force you to believe it.
YOU ARE JUST AS BIGGOTTED AS THE WHITEMANS CULTURE THAT TAUGHT BLACK PRIDE SHOULD NOT BE IGNORANT THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE DID NOT COME FROM AFRICA TO MY KNOWLEDGE AND YOU SEEM TO BE PROFICIENT IN THE WHITEMANS LANGUAGE DONT BE LIKE NANO ITS A MIRROR xyz lolol
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
No they're not. Now go look up the word identical so you can see where you went wrong in your post.
Tomato, tomahto, bottom line why are oil companies getting subsidies/tax cuts when they are making record profits? I don't want to argue mind you, Homer being a conscientious objector with regards to all of this.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
After 3 or 4 lines I quit reading his posts. It's all the same bs he posts daily anyway.
DBWriter? Homer?

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

A Jew Spams in Brooklyn wrote:
<quoted text>
Shut up fatty, and go work on your 1:20 scale model of an Edsel. It'd take a guy as retarded as you to name his kid Edsel.
Fcukoff you brain-dead moron, go to the bathroom and work on your 1:20 scale pecker.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 787,581 - 787,600 of1,072,148
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

100 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min Afro-Euro-American Prez 173,619
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 min Maverick 808 45,477
Abby 7-11 24 min Mister Tonka 10
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 36 min JOEL COOL DUDE 68,158
Amy 7-11 40 min Mister Tonka 13
Chicago's bloody Fourth: 82 shot, 14 dead 1 hr reality is a crutch 7
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr Doug77 4,574
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search