Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 39,373)

Showing posts 787,441 - 787,460 of1,073,078
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I am aware it was not the same time as the father.
Was he targeted & if so why?
Ask your Fuehrer.

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it when you right whiners defend terrorists who plot against America & send suicide bombers to kill Americans.
Just like you backed Ghadafi & even Bin Laden.
Liberals are the ones who want Al Jazeera to have a voice in the American media. Go ask Al Gore what his problem is.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
RealDave do you have a problem with GE paying No Taxes?
As well as Government Motors.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

History 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans haven't had a chance at bat yet since the economic fallout. How can you even say that with certainty?
Because I was paying attention when the debt went over $1 trillion for the first time in our history under Reagan. I was paying attention when the debt went over $4 trillion under HW Bush. I was paying attention when Clinton produced 4 years of budget surplus. I was paying attention when once Bush was given the WH with Clinton's Congress they promptly drove up the deficit and ultimately doubled the debt. You can make all the excuses you want but recent history tells us that if you gave them all three houses again you'd have to dream up an entirely new set of excuses.

I'm sick of excuses.

If you weren't such a party hack you'd be even more sick of making excuses for the people YOU elect.
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
Are you a masochist??
You thrive on looking stupid!!
I popsted it yesterday, but you ran away.
Last time for this truly ignorant question, from the Dept. of the Treasury.
PAY ATTENTION!!
----------
""The Department of the Treasury is an executive department and the treasury of the United States federal government. It was established by an Act of Congress in 1789 to manage government revenue. The Department is administered by the Secretary of the Treasury, who is a member of the Cabinet.
The first Secretary of the Treasury was Alexander Hamilton, who was sworn into office on September 11, 1789. Hamilton was asked by President George Washington to serve after first having asked Robert Morris (who declined, recommending Hamilton instead). Hamilton almost single-handedly worked out the nation's early financial system, and for several years was a major presence in Washington's administration as well. His portrait is on the obverse of the U.S. ten-dollar bill while the Treasury Department building is shown on the reverse.
Besides the Secretary, one of the best-known Treasury officials is the Treasurer of the United States whose signature, along with the Treasury Secretary's, appears on all Federal Reserve notes.
The Treasury prints and mints all paper currency and coins in circulation through the Bureau of Engraving and Printing and the United States Mint. The Department also collects all federal taxes through the Internal Revenue Service, and manages U.S. government debt instruments.""
"The basic functions of the Department of the Treasury mainly include:
Producing all currency, coinage and postage stamps of the U.S.;
Collecting taxes, duties and money paid to and due to the U.S.:
Paying all bills of the U.S.;
Managing the federal finances;
Managing government accounts and the United States public debt;
Supervising national banks and thrift institutions;
Advising on domestic and international financial, monetary, economic, trade and tax policy (fiscal policy being the sum of these, and the ultimate responsibility of Congress);
Enforcing federal finance and tax laws;
Investigating and prosecuting tax evaders;
Publishing statistical reports.
----------
Note the third duty of the Treasury;
""Paying all bills of the U.S.;""
Now STFU and go away with your torrent of lies and ignorance.
<quoted text>
Nuculur hes asked a Simple question now put your thinking Cap On and Try Again!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, I try to invest only in profitable companies.
You should buy stock in green energy companies like Solyndra, the wave of the future.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

History 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
Menendez just might be the bullet that ends up shooting his party in the foot.
that Caller story is already falling apart.

the folks over there are not happy with me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

History 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
The entire article was only about Obama using drones to kill American citizens on his command.
I'm just glad the tables have turned. This president was ready to prosecute GW Bush and Cheney for helping him get the credit for killing Osama after waterboarding only 3 bad guys.
But you probably don't have any problem with the accelerated use of drones by this president either.
Told you to read the White Paper, do I have to do everything for you?

Here:

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/msnbc/sections/ne...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

History 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just a bit hypocritical. Actually, it's a lot hypocritical.
Drones can cause suffering and mutilations to a lot of people who are just too close to the target if it doesn't kill them right off the bat - but that's more acceptable than pouring water up 3 bad guys' noses with an M.D. standing by.
If you read the White Paper maybe you'll get the point.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
The Post Office is required by the Constitution. DUH
Obamacare was found to be Constitutional by the Conservative Supreme Court.
You lose again.
<quoted text>
You are an idiot.
The Constitution allows the government to create a post office.
The Constitution does not command the government to create a post office.
If the government WANTS to create a post office, the Constitution gives the government the authority to do so.

As for the constitutionality of ObamaKare, there are many grounds on which it is unconstitutional. The ruling of the Supreme Court actually blatantly emphasized one point in which the law is obviously unconstitutional.
Vagueness and ambiguity.
As ruled by the Supreme Court:
"Vague laws offend several important values. First, because we assume that man is free to steer between lawful and unlawful conduct, we insist that laws give the person of ordinary intelligence a reasonable opportunity to know what is prohibited, so that he may act accordingly. Vague laws may trap the innocent by not providing fair warnings. Second, if arbitrary and discriminatory enforcement is to be prevented, laws must provide explicit standards for those who apply them. A vague law impermissibly delegates basic policy matters to policemen, judges, and juries for resolution on an ad hoc and subjective basis, with the attendant dangers of arbitrary and discriminatory applications."

Let's put the ObamaKare law to this test:

Those that wrote the law, the ultimate authority on what the law means, and the intent of the law: "It's not a tax. It's a penalty."

Those that read that same law, the interpretation from the text: "It's a tax."

If those who wrote the law specifically state their intent that the provision isn't a tax, but it is a penalty, then the intent of the law is a penalty.
But, when the law is read, which the Supreme Court obviously did (or should have done), their interpretation of the law is it is a tax.

You cannot have a better example of a law that demonstrates vagueness and ambiguity than this.

Just on this basis, aside form all the other contentions, the entire law is very obviously unconstitutional.

So, now wew are faced with the question of why the Supreme Court ruled an obviously unconstitutional law constitutional.

Congress isn't the only institution we need to fix.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Rep. Mike Rogers (R-MI), chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, said Tuesday that "there is oversight" on the Obama administration's drone strikes against U.S. citizens who are believed to be senior al-Qaeda leaders.

"I review all of the air strikes that we use under this title of the law," he told MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell. Rogers added that Americans who decide to join al-Qaeda become enemies of the U.S. "If you have someone who has joined this organization, and they may not be engaged in plot a today, but part of an organization plotting to kill Americans, and so they've joined the enemy. So you don't just kill the enemy when they're at the gate."

Rogers insisted there is not a long list of Americans on any "kill list." "I can candidly tell you that," he said.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/g...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
That's exactly what it means.
Thought so.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a whole 'nother topic.
Alaska makes oil companies companies pay Alaskans for the resources they took out of the ground. It's called royalty payments.
Yet the oil companies still made tremendous profits!!
Palin was all for it, too! So it should be part of the TP plank!!
The oil and ng belongs to all Americans, not oil companies.
They should be allowed to drill for it and sell it, but just as in Alaska, we the people should get a share of the money.
But the Rclowns don't even want to take away big oil's tax breaks and subsidies, much less make them pay royalties to Americans.
The oil, ng, and coal belongs to whoever has the mineral rights to that piece of property. Can't you ever get anything right?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, those poor babies, if only you could have been there with one of your many hair dryers to dry them off after their horrible experience. Oh wait, they might have strangled you with the cord, given the chance.
Would you be talking like that if you were imprisoned and tortured? How about if you were dodging the executioner drone? I know, you right wingers have so much faith in your government that you're certain they'd never use this power inappropriately.

Gee, wish I had that kinda faith.
Nj raider 1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, for the really, really slow (stupid) people in the class, if you can't remember this please write it down.
The Treasury isn't a source of money. It is a repository for money collected from a source of money.
To say "debt of the treasury" you are referencing either money that has already been spent and doesn't exist anymore, or additional debt to be incurred by accepting money from some source of money.
To answer the question, you actually have to identify a source of money.
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
I truly am sick & tired of you & this stupid ass question. There is no more stee source of revenue generated than taxes. You explaining what thee Treasury is doesn't explain away the fact that taxes is indeed gov't income, so to swear your question for the umpteenth, the US economy will be paid for by the people of the United States of America though an income generating process " paying taxes." Now you answer these questions. How did Bush pay for his gov't ? 2 wars he committed this country to for his selfish agenda & tax cuts that he wrote into law without a plan how the bills would be paid! Answer those questions! Your response should be 1 word!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I was paying attention when the debt went over $1 trillion for the first time in our history under Reagan. I was paying attention when the debt went over $4 trillion under HW Bush. I was paying attention when Clinton produced 4 years of budget surplus. I was paying attention when once Bush was given the WH with Clinton's Congress they promptly drove up the deficit and ultimately doubled the debt. You can make all the excuses you want but recent history tells us that if you gave them all three houses again you'd have to dream up an entirely new set of excuses.
I'm sick of excuses.
If you weren't such a party hack you'd be even more sick of making excuses for the people YOU elect.
I've got a question. What is two times five?
It isn't 8.5, you goddam idiot.
When Bush took office, Congress had authorized a grand total of 5 trillion dollars of debt.
dot-come bust and the Arabs declaring war on the United States...
When the Democrats took control of all the purse strings of govenment in January, 2007, the total debt was 8.5 trillion dollars.

You either need to learn arithmetic, or learn how our government works.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> no
I hope you're just playing dumb. A lot of these folks on here can't help it.

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

carlos dead husband wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, you crazy little paranoid fkhead! "aisling," huh? You can't fool me, I know the rhythm and tempo (not to mention the sh!t and run content) of your semi-literate scribblings. It's like a virtual fingerprint. It's almost as if I'm incapable of being wrong. And each of you, to the disaffected idiot, is republiscum.
lol, "me" crazy? You're the idiot who swallowed the "Semen is brain food" scam.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/20030...

I know old habits are hard to break, but Just Say No the next time you get weak from lack of protein.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Liberalsare Sick wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of the article posted did you NOT understand.
Get a clue.
You didn't post any link.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you be talking like that if you were imprisoned and tortured? How about if you were dodging the executioner drone? I know, you right wingers have so much faith in your government that you're certain they'd never use this power inappropriately.
Gee, wish I had that kinda faith.
I submit that left wingers have much more faith in government than do right wingers.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 787,441 - 787,460 of1,073,078
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

42 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 min Registered Earth Angel 48,697
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min LRS 173,768
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 19 min SpaceBlues 45,584
Abby July 12 22 min Julie 5
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 24 min voice of peace 67,552
Amy July 12 52 min Julie 7
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 54 min andet1987 409
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••