Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1274562 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Get Right With God

Salt Lake City, UT

#855531 Feb 7, 2013
I know it's been a tough four years for our party but now is not the time to simply throw up our hands and surrender.

We need to remember that if we don't hang together we will most certainly hang seperately.

Remember that losing the battle is not the same as losing the war, and this is a war we mean to win.

From now on we, the Republican faithful, ARE on board with the pathway to American citizenship for illegal aliens, gun control, abortion rights, massive cuts in the defense budget, and increased taxes.

I know this will be difficult for some of you to swallow but swallow you must or we will all go down together like the Know-Nothings back in the nineteenth century.

We've come so far in the last 25 years it would be foolish to give up now. Stay tuned, we will eventually win America back for Americans! God bless us all.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#855532 Feb 7, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so changing your Topix name because you made a fool of yourself by posting right wing chain emails about why Obama was going to lose is being true to yourself?
and btw....no one who mattered was ever impressed by those chain emails. stop fooling yourself. and tell carol the election is over.
You're not crazy stupid. You are just upset because your imaginary friend is mad and won't talk to you. LOL.. You're alone, but happy!!
SurprizedWax

Pompano Beach, FL

#855533 Feb 7, 2013
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
Me!
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#855534 Feb 7, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Did they all go to school in Texas?
No; B. Hussein went to school with you in Kenya.
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#855535 Feb 7, 2013
TOURE THE 3/5 BIGGOT "This is so frightening," he said. "If George Bush had done this, it would have been stopped."

On "The Cycle," conservative S.E. Cupp had a heated argument with Obama supporter Touré about the strikes.

"We're at war with Al Qaeda right now," Touré said. "If you join Al Qaeda, you lose the right to be an American." After going back and forth with him, Cupp shouted, "700 innocent children were not in Al Qaeda, Touré! That's what's happening."

Touré also talked about the killing of the 16-year-old son of alleged Al Qaeda cleric Anwar al-Awlaki. Co-host Steve Kornacki said that he was troubled that "someone decided he should die."

"If we have people who are working against America, then they need to die," Touré said.

In the evening, Ed Schultz spoke against the program.

"I'm troubled by it," Schultz said. "It doesn't meet the moral or constitutional standard that we expect of any administration ... we're losing the moral high ground by doing this." He added that liberals who backed the program had "come a long way" from opposing warrantless wiretapping under the Bush administration.

But Chris Matthews spoke in favor of it on "Hardball."

"If someone joins an army that's determined to destroy the United States ... is that person still an American?' he asked, adding, "That's a great question." He concluded, "I still think sometimes you have to do things that are not nice. We're fighting a war."
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#855537 Feb 7, 2013
NWaxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Me!
You messed up with your proxy Old Ratface.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#855538 Feb 7, 2013
While 2012 might not be a banner year for Big Oil profits, it wasn’t a bad one either. With just BP left to announce 2012 earnings, Big Oil earned well over $100 billion in profits last year, while the companies benefit from continued taxpayer subsidies. Average gas prices also hit a record high last year, showing how a drilling boom may help oil companies’ profit margins, but not consumers’ wallets.

ExxonMobil — now the most valuable company in the world, passing Apple — earned $45 billion profit in 2012, a 9 percent jump over 2011. Meanwhile, Chevron earned $26.2 billion for the year. In the final three months of the year, the companies earned $9.95 billion and $7.2 billion respectively.

Here are the highlights of how Exxon and Chevron spend their earnings:

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2013/02/01/1...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#855539 Feb 7, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>She can always fall back on her favorite entertainer Glenda Beck.
Scott Brown contemplating going to Fox! Santorum writes for WorldNutDaily!
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#855540 Feb 7, 2013
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
Another mind bending zinger from Not SurprizedTURDS!!!
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#855541 Feb 7, 2013
Harry Reid caught lying about '$2.6 trillion' in cuts passed by Senate…. folks they just can’t Help Themselves it’s the Culture!!
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#855542 Feb 7, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
While 2012 might not be a banner year for Big Oil profits, it wasn’t a bad one either. With just BP left to announce 2012 earnings, Big Oil earned well over $100 billion in profits last year, while the companies benefit from continued taxpayer subsidies. Average gas prices also hit a record high last year, showing how a drilling boom may help oil companies’ profit margins, but not consumers’ wallets.
ExxonMobil — now the most valuable company in the world, passing Apple — earned $45 billion profit in 2012, a 9 percent jump over 2011. Meanwhile, Chevron earned $26.2 billion for the year. In the final three months of the year, the companies earned $9.95 billion and $7.2 billion respectively.
Here are the highlights of how Exxon and Chevron spend their earnings:
http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2013/02/01/1...
lily gets all oiled up before Happy Hour breakfast
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#855543 Feb 7, 2013
LIBS ARE IN FULL SUPPORT OF BUSHES WARS LOLOLOLOL THE GOVBMENT IS OFF THE TRACK OF MORALITY the use the same propraganda as any close society the doors of freedom are closing is that why the put in a fade to BLACK PRESIDENT, its ova for all of youse us watever it done next RACE RIOTS america will BURN BABY BURN, FUNNY THE LIB ENTERTAINTMENT INDUSTRY KILLED PUBLIC ENEMY THE RAP GROUP SAID THEY WERE ANTI SEMITIC lolol AND TGHEY REPLACED THEM WITH NWA THE BIGOTRY OF HOLLYWOOD and that was ok WHY PUBLIC ENEMY HAD A POSITIVE MESSAGE FOR THE YOUTH WHILE NWA WAS DESTRUCTION FOR THE YOUTH AND WE SEE THE RESULTS LOOK AT THE GUNSHOT KIDS IN WHEELCHAIRS WILL NEVER WALK THANKS HOLLYWOOD YOU GAVE US JZ WHO CALLS WOMEN ITCHES 99 PROBLEMS BUT A *ITCH AINT ONE HERE is THE REAL CHARM HE SAID HE SPOKE OF POLICE DOG IN THAT SONG WHAT ABOUT ALL HIS OTHER SONGS SO HE SAYS OR EQUATE WOMEN TO DOGS AND THATS COOL BECAUSE ITS JZ, PALTROW CALL PEOPLES N IN PARIS YALL SOMEONE PROTESTED JZ AND KANGAY WEST QUIMBOS THEM FOR PALTROW lolol YOU JUST CAN'T MAKE IT UP
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#855544 Feb 7, 2013
Truth is no SIN wrote:
TOURE THE 3/5 BIGGOT "This is so frightening," he said. "If George Bush had done this, it would have been stopped."
On "The Cycle," conservative S.E. Cupp had a heated argument with Obama supporter Touré about the strikes.
"We're at war with Al Qaeda right now," Touré said. "If you join Al Qaeda, you lose the right to be an American." After going back and forth with him, Cupp shouted, "700 innocent children were not in Al Qaeda, Touré! That's what's happening."
Touré also talked about the killing of the 16-year-old son of alleged Al Qaeda cleric Anwar al-Awlaki. Co-host Steve Kornacki said that he was troubled that "someone decided he should die."
"If we have people who are working against America, then they need to die," Touré said.
In the evening, Ed Schultz spoke against the program.
"I'm troubled by it," Schultz said. "It doesn't meet the moral or constitutional standard that we expect of any administration ... we're losing the moral high ground by doing this." He added that liberals who backed the program had "come a long way" from opposing warrantless wiretapping under the Bush administration.
But Chris Matthews spoke in favor of it on "Hardball."
"If someone joins an army that's determined to destroy the United States ... is that person still an American?' he asked, adding, "That's a great question." He concluded, "I still think sometimes you have to do things that are not nice. We're fighting a war."
So, all of a sudden CCupp cares about muslim children? Maybe she would have brought them all here to be adopted!
What a bunch of hypocrits. They're future terrorists.
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#855545 Feb 7, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Scott Brown contemplating going to Fox! Santorum writes for WorldNutDaily!
lily drinks to numb the Obamafailure!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#855546 Feb 7, 2013
TSM wrote:
Harry Reid caught lying about '$2.6 trillion' in cuts passed by Senate…. folks they just can’t Help Themselves it’s the Culture!!
Florida for sure
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#855547 Feb 7, 2013
Chevron:


In October, Chevron made the single-largest corporate donation in history. Chevron dropped $2.5 million with the Congressional Leadership Fund super PAC to elect House Republicans.

The bulk of Chevron’s federal contributions came from the super PAC donation, for a total of $3.87 million for the 2012 cycle. 85 percent went to Republicans.

Chevron spent $9.55 million lobbying Congress in 2012, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

Chevron paid 19 percent U.S. taxes last year (half of the top corporate tax rate of 35 percent), and received an estimated $700 million in annual tax breaks last year.

Chevron was fined $1 million for a refinery fire that sent 15,000 Richmond, California residents to the hospital. Though the company faces $10 million in medical expenses, Chevron earns it back in a couple of hours.
TP
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#855548 Feb 7, 2013
ExxonMobil


Exxon received $600 million annual tax breaks. In 2011, Exxon paid just 13 percent in taxes. The company paid no taxes to the U.S. federal government in 2009, despite 45.2 billion record profits. It paid $15 billion in taxes, but none in federal income tax.

Exxon’s oil production was down 6 percent from 2011.

In fourth quarter, Exxon bought back $5.3 billion of its stock, which enriches the largest shareholders and executives of the company.

Exxon’s federal campaign contributions totaled $2.77 million for the 2012 cycle, sending 89 percent to Republicans.

The company spent $12.97 million lobbying in 2012 to protect low tax rates and block pollution controls and safeguards for public health.

Exxon CEO Rex Tillerson received $24.7 million total compensation.

Exxon is moving ahead with a project to develop the tar sands in Canada.

tp
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#855549 Feb 7, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
So, all of a sudden CCupp cares about muslim children? Maybe she would have brought them all here to be adopted!
What a bunch of hypocrits. They're future terrorists.
LISTEN PUT THE COFFE DOWN OUT THE BLACK AND MILD and TAKE A SHAVE come on 4 days without shaving lilly rinse out your mouf get a straight razor and cut thru a few layers of blubber
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#855550 Feb 7, 2013
Truth is no SIN wrote:
LIBS ARE IN FULL SUPPORT OF BUSHES WARS LOLOLOLOL THE GOVBMENT IS OFF THE TRACK OF MORALITY the use the same propraganda as any close society the doors of freedom are closing is that why the put in a fade to BLACK PRESIDENT, its ova for all of youse us watever it done next RACE RIOTS america will BURN BABY BURN, FUNNY THE LIB ENTERTAINTMENT INDUSTRY KILLED PUBLIC ENEMY THE RAP GROUP SAID THEY WERE ANTI SEMITIC lolol AND TGHEY REPLACED THEM WITH NWA THE BIGOTRY OF HOLLYWOOD and that was ok WHY PUBLIC ENEMY HAD A POSITIVE MESSAGE FOR THE YOUTH WHILE NWA WAS DESTRUCTION FOR THE YOUTH AND WE SEE THE RESULTS LOOK AT THE GUNSHOT KIDS IN WHEELCHAIRS WILL NEVER WALK THANKS HOLLYWOOD YOU GAVE US JZ WHO CALLS WOMEN ITCHES 99 PROBLEMS BUT A *ITCH AINT ONE HERE is THE REAL CHARM HE SAID HE SPOKE OF POLICE DOG IN THAT SONG WHAT ABOUT ALL HIS OTHER SONGS SO HE SAYS OR EQUATE WOMEN TO DOGS AND THATS COOL BECAUSE ITS JZ, PALTROW CALL PEOPLES N IN PARIS YALL SOMEONE PROTESTED JZ AND KANGAY WEST QUIMBOS THEM FOR PALTROW lolol YOU JUST CAN'T MAKE IT UP
Jane? Give your son his meds fer krissakes, he's having an early meltdown.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#855552 Feb 7, 2013
No it wasn't, idiot. The subject was drones.

As usual you got confused and changed the subject.

A guided missile is not a drone!! DUH
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The subject was remotely guided missiles, dufus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
abby 8-28=15 4 min Mister Tonka 6
Amy 8-28-15 16 min Mister Tonka 4
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 29 min Jacques Ottawa 196,893
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 30 min RACE 6,399
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr PEllen 100,627
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Community Disorga... 54,490
abby8-27-15 3 hr Mister Tonka 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages