Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 39,372)

Showing posts 787,421 - 787,440 of1,072,576
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Who does the oil belong to?
That's a whole 'nother topic.

Alaska makes oil companies companies pay Alaskans for the resources they took out of the ground. It's called royalty payments.

Yet the oil companies still made tremendous profits!!

Palin was all for it, too! So it should be part of the TP plank!!

The oil and ng belongs to all Americans, not oil companies.

They should be allowed to drill for it and sell it, but just as in Alaska, we the people should get a share of the money.

But the Rclowns don't even want to take away big oil's tax breaks and subsidies, much less make them pay royalties to Americans.

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You and the Town Drunk could sing a duet because you can keep up with him.
It's nice to find your equal, eh? Warm. Touching. Exhilarating.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA
That reminds me of a Gahan Wilson cartoon I saw googling something else. It showed wolves howling at a moon and pondering the futility of their raucous actions. I suspected Wilson intended irony in the tone.

Maybe I credited him too much wit?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

I should offer help to the all knowing History 101??

Not likely, but you might find it on your own.

After all, you are the Gingrinch of the thread.
History 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I, for one, would demand the NRA to stop selling it.
Do you know the name of that video?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

History 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I, for one, would demand the NRA to stop selling it.
Do you know the name of that video?
BTW, I'm no fan of any video games.

But our Military uses them to train people with.

I'd be happy to see them banned.

But video games don't shoot people.

Guns shoot people.

Like the punk in TX, who killed the Navy Seal just to steal his truck.

Or the redneck who killed the school bus dfriver and took a child hostage.

Crazy people and guns are a deadly combination.

And we've too many of both in this nation.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Itís the Messaging, Stupid. Itís the Stupid Messaging.
....Overall, if you believe fiscal conservatism is right and is best for everyone and we still arenít winning, then I believe there are only two possibilities: People are too dumb to get it or weíre too dumb to say it in a way that is comprehensible. Since I believe weíre right and that people arenít inherently stupid, I must opt for the latter....
http://www.redstate.com/2013/02/06/its-the-me...
Since you have all the answers, answer this question:

Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?

All you have to do is identify a simple source of money to answer that question.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Ssssooooooooo..........nobody ever told you the 'Wizard Of Oz' was a make believe story?? Like the Tea Party??

That it was Cheney all along??
History 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
I clicked my heels 3 times a long time ago - back in November 2008.
You're the one who still can't tell fantasy from reality.
Click your heels 3 times, Homer. Hurry!
Debils Magic Penis

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
Baltimore Broke, Bankruptcy Looms!!!
Maybe they shoulda bet mo' on the football game?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

The Post Office is required by the Constitution. DUH

Obamacare was found to be Constitutional by the Conservative Supreme Court.

You lose again.
History 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's exact words: "UPS and FedEx are doing just fine. It's the Post Office that's always having problems!"
Oh crap...the President of the United States doesn't know Obamacare is going to be another disaster like the Post Office...God help us.

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
RealDave do you have a problem with GE paying No Taxes?
If they did their tax return properly, then it is within the law.

I am aware that GE financial took a big hit.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
My God you're dumb.
What the f*ck is the GD difference if Exxon pays $1 billion in taxes & gets a check for $200 million or if they have $800 million tax bill because they got a 200 million tax break.
Joe Flacco won a Corvette for being Super Bowl MVP. If he accepts and keeps the car he will owe about $27k in taxes. If he accepts the car and donates the car to charity, he will still owe $6K in taxes. The only way to escape the IRS is to turn down the gift.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
The Dept of the Treasury!!
<quoted text>
Once again, for the really, really slow (stupid) people in the class, if you can't remember this please write it down.

The Treasury isn't a source of money. It is a repository for money collected from a source of money.
To say "debt of the treasury" you are referencing either money that has already been spent and doesn't exist anymore, or additional debt to be incurred by accepting money from some source of money.
To answer the question, you actually have to identify a source of money.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that mean that when the Republicans regain power we can shove a drone up lily's butt? Just because a high ranking official considers her to be a threat? For no reason or any reason?
That's exactly what it means.

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe Flacco won a Corvette for being Super Bowl MVP. If he accepts and keeps the car he will owe about $27k in taxes. If he accepts the car and donates the car to charity, he will still owe $6K in taxes. The only way to escape the IRS is to turn down the gift.
So

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Yea whatever peckerwood. Put some sun block on your red neck. I can't believe you tried the reverse psychology tactic. I'm far from racist. I jute don't like your kind. Take it personal! You seem to know an awful lot about ebt cards. You sure you don't receive assistance? You mad because I let the topix crowd in on your little secret! How does that work? You think your entitled yet talk shyt about those receiving gov't entitlements. Where they do that at?i wasn't even talking to you. Should've kept quiet & minded your business. Notre look what you've started
You don't think anybody here believes any of your spewage, do you?
Nude Surprized

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz. I posted this yesterday using the WAXMAN moniker. No one cared then, no one cares now. I gotta go hit some judgit Cartoons. More my speed since I'm a troll.
Nostrilis Waxman Windsor,CT:
Do you own a penthouse in Manhatten lib overlooking CP?
http://www.t opix.com/for um/nyc/T50ESIT30OD 77D4FO/p2621 #c56397
Can I spell Surprized? Nope!
It's duh culture!
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that drones didn't exist!! DUH!!
And Nixon was Ayer's friend.
Yes, drones existed then. A variety of guided drones were used in Vietnam, to include some with video cameras for guidance.

And that's why Ayers was bombing all those government targets while Nixon was president.
Where the fuck did you ever get the idea that Ayers was a friend of Nixon?
You've got to show me this...

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm assuming you didn't read me post where it says most tax breaks given to big oil are actually general tax breaks afforded every company in america.
That's a good point, do we occupy the Persian Gulf to support the sugar industry?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/2011/08/...
A list of Bush drone strikes.
Bush did not put those children at risk, their terrorist link did.
None of those strikes were targeted assassinations of American citizens, which makes a difference.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Ministry of Propogana had no choice to "FINALLY" cover the story, nitwit.
I guess it went right over your pointed head, didn't it?
Is it even clear that the "mainstream media" does a poorer job of being adversarial than the conservative press?

Consider Lewis's claim that "the establishment press" cared more about Seamus the dog's rooftop journey than "the fact that an Obama-authorized drone strike killed a 16-year-old American."

There's something important missing from that analysis. Tom Junod wrote the definitive piece about that 16 year old, Abdulrahman al-Awlaki, in Esquire. I wrote about him here at The Atlantic on numerous occasions. The New Yorker covered the killing here. The New York Times and The Washington Post both published coverage of his death. Those stories and many others from publications in the "establishment press" treated Awlaki's death far more critically than anything that I saw in any conservative outlet. And some of the most critical pieces written about Obama killing a teenaged American citizen were published by avowedly progressive writers like Glenn Greenwald in the liberal online magazine Salon and staffers at publications like Mother Jones and The Nation, often citing left-leaning civil-libertarian organizations like the ACLU or center-left international affairs academics.

On various subjects that ought to trigger automatic scrutiny from any adversarial press outlet, like apparent violations of federal law, actions that directly contradict a campaign promise, aggressive retaliation against whistleblowers, and unprecedented assertions of secrecy, establishment outlets like The New York Times, The New Yorker, and The Washington Post, along with avowedly liberal publications like Salon, Mother Jones, and The Guardian, did far more to uncover facts, raise awareness, and publish criticism of Obama than the conservative media.

To be sure, there was a schizophrenia to the coverage in some of these publications. The New Yorker must have dedicated hundreds of thousands of dollars to top-flight journalism about various Obama Administration transgressions against civil liberties, the rule of law, and good government. Its editors presumably submitted some of those stories for National Magazine Awards. The same can be said for The New York Times and the Pulitzer Prizes. Yet pre-election editorials in those same publications didn't merely posit that Obama was the lesser of two evils -- they left painstakingly reported transgressions unmentioned, as if they weren't relevant, and issued glowing endorsements that read as if Obama is an especially noble president.

I've been an outspoken a critic of that seeming contradiction.

But when it comes to holding Obama accountable for those unusually consequential, unchecked acts, the conservative media is far inferior, partly because of the time it wastes on birtherism, Kenyan anti-colonialism, and a National Review contributor's theory that Obama is allied with our Islamist enemy in a "grand jihad" against America; but mostly because much of the conservative movement behaves as if the War on Terrorism confers unlimited power to spy without warrants, to violate the War Powers Resolution, to extra-judicially kill American citizens, and to treat even the legal justification for executive branch actions as if they're state secrets. On all those questions, they defer to the Obama Administration.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...

all sources linked.

bonus....

First detailed publicly by NBC News late Monday, the memo....

Read more: http://nation.time.com/2013/02/05/memo-gives-...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Are you a masochist??

You thrive on looking stupid!!

I popsted it yesterday, but you ran away.

Last time for this truly ignorant question, from the Dept. of the Treasury.

PAY ATTENTION!!

----------

""The Department of the Treasury is an executive department and the treasury of the United States federal government. It was established by an Act of Congress in 1789 to manage government revenue. The Department is administered by the Secretary of the Treasury, who is a member of the Cabinet.
The first Secretary of the Treasury was Alexander Hamilton, who was sworn into office on September 11, 1789. Hamilton was asked by President George Washington to serve after first having asked Robert Morris (who declined, recommending Hamilton instead). Hamilton almost single-handedly worked out the nation's early financial system, and for several years was a major presence in Washington's administration as well. His portrait is on the obverse of the U.S. ten-dollar bill while the Treasury Department building is shown on the reverse.
Besides the Secretary, one of the best-known Treasury officials is the Treasurer of the United States whose signature, along with the Treasury Secretary's, appears on all Federal Reserve notes.
The Treasury prints and mints all paper currency and coins in circulation through the Bureau of Engraving and Printing and the United States Mint. The Department also collects all federal taxes through the Internal Revenue Service, and manages U.S. government debt instruments.""

"The basic functions of the Department of the Treasury mainly include:

Producing all currency, coinage and postage stamps of the U.S.;

Collecting taxes, duties and money paid to and due to the U.S.:

Paying all bills of the U.S.;

Managing the federal finances;

Managing government accounts and the United States public debt;

Supervising national banks and thrift institutions;

Advising on domestic and international financial, monetary, economic, trade and tax policy (fiscal policy being the sum of these, and the ultimate responsibility of Congress);

Enforcing federal finance and tax laws;

Investigating and prosecuting tax evaders;

Publishing statistical reports.

----------

Note the third duty of the Treasury;

""Paying all bills of the U.S.;""

Now STFU and go away with your torrent of lies and ignorance.
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>Since you have all the answers, answer this question:
All you have to do is identify a simple source of money to answer that question.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 787,421 - 787,440 of1,072,576
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

67 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CPS has libraries without librarians 5 min reality is a crutch 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Rogue Scholar 05 173,685
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 12 min voice of peace 67,538
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 21 min Go Blue Forever 97,443
Abby 7-11 43 min edogxxx 19
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 53 min Patriot AKA Bozo 45,517
Abby July 12 54 min Cass 2
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 4:25AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search