Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#855157 Feb 6, 2013
HISTORY 101 lolol hahaahaha Nowadays (as of the 2000 census), between 35,000 and 50,000 young adults every year, who previously were identified by their parents as Black, switch to identifying themselves publicly as White or Hispanic. The number has fallen and risen more or less in step with the intermarriage rate over the decades and it is higher today than during Jim Crow, when switching your endogamous group membership was considered criminal fraud.

There are several ways of measuring the annual rate of Black-to-White self-identity switching, but the most straightforward is simply to ask large numbers of people how they self-identify, repeat the question every few years, and then count how many changed their answer from Black to something else. The Departments of Labor and of Health and Human Services do precisely this (along with many other questions) in longitudinal studies meant to track lifelong earnings and health, respectively, of large numbers of Americans. For example, the Department of Labor’s NLS79 National Longitudinal Survey has interviewed 12,686 young men and women yearly since 1979 to measure their career progress. Each year they are asked the same hundred or so questions. Between 1979 (when they were 14 to 22 years old) and 1998, 1.87 percent of those who had originally answered “Black,” switched to answering the interviewer’s “race” question with either “White,”“I don’t know,” or “other.”2 This comes to 0.098 percent per year. Extrapolated to the Black census 2000 population of 36 million, this comes to about 35,000 individuals per year.3

Another approach is to start with the 0.7 percent African admixture found in the White U.S. population today.4 Assuming that the mixing has happened at an unvarying rate for three centuries (since 1704), to reach this number would have required the average yearly injection into the White community of the alleles from one person of one hundred percent African genetic admixture for every 43,000 living White Americans (.0023 percent).5 Of course, such a flow is unlikely to have happened at a steady rate. Switching between endogamous groups was easier at some times than at others. But you can adjust for historical variation after establishing the baseline.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
A Jew Spams in Brooklyn

Houston, TX

#855158 Feb 6, 2013
Truth is no SIN wrote:
But thols and east-Asians), to the west (Native Amekchi, Aleut).
Clearly, there once was a factor at work in Europe other than dim sunlight.
Here is another mthe oceans.
Skin, Hair, and Eyes: Neoteny
Baltic depigmentation is not just in the skin. Here is a map of hair color. The en ey portray Prince Rahotep and his consort Nefret, of the Old Kingdom, early read of agriculture. Before 10 KYA people evwhere lived by hunting and gathering. Then, almost simultaneously, cereal growing was invented in four spots around the globe:
Iraq (whn or maize).
Jew-boy! Jew-boy! Come home, Jew-boy!
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#855159 Feb 6, 2013
A Jew Spams in Brooklyn wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, jew boy, I think I hears yo mama callin'...
HEY COUSIN YOUR AUNTY IS DOING JUST FINE HOW'S UNCLE JEB DOING LOLOLOL STILL CHASING THE SISTAS lololxyz SEND MY LOVE to OUR KISSING COUSIN BECKY

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#855160 Feb 6, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
My God you're dumb.
What the f*ck is the GD difference if Exxon pays $1 billion in taxes & gets a check for $200 million or if they have $800 million tax bill because they got a 200 million tax break.
In one situation exxon is getting money taken from someone else, in the other they are keeping more of their own money. I know you won't understand.
A Jew Spams in Brooklyn

Houston, TX

#855161 Feb 6, 2013
Truth is no SIN wrote:
HIDE YGHTERS LOLOLOLHAAHAh The Rate of Black-to-sing”
early twentieth-ceau, an orphaned infant of known, documented, but invisible Africad, to a wealthy White man (F. Capers Bennett), in an upscale White church (Spring Street Mhodist Church in Charleston). Throughout her marriage to Bennett, she voted in White primaries (Democnd Mrs. I. M. Fishburne), he being the president of the local Farmers & Merchants Bank. The problem came when Mr. Bett died. Hisfe as a Black baby. In a terse opinion, Bennett v. Bennett,1940 South Carolina,(most of which is the above summary), South Carolina Supreme Court Justices Milledge L. Bonham, D. Gordon Baker, E. L. Fishburne, Taylor H. Stukes, and L. D. Lide ruleRICA onolol AMERIRICA
Jew-boy! Jew-boy! Come home right now or I'll send Lassie out after you!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#855162 Feb 6, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You really have to be an idiot.
If you read the Constitution, only Congress can authorize the government to receive any money. The Treasury Department does not have the constitutional authority to invent money, or just print it without approval from Congress.
So, since the Treasury Department can't just turn the presses on and create money out of thin air and start spending it without Congress authorizing the expenditure, which may require authorizing additional debt, which will require A GODDAM SOURCE OF MONEY so that there is actually real money to spend, the question still remains unanswered.
What you wrote is analogous to saying money will grow on trees.
You have to identify an actual source of money to answer the question. An example of a source of money is, for example, every crackhead in the country will have to pay a 10 dollar tax every time they hit a crack pipe. Another example is, every burglar stealing stuff from everyone in the urban blight zone they live in will have to pay 10 dollars for every house they break into.
Those are examples of A SOURCE OF MONEY.
Rolling the presses counterfeiting money isn't a source of money.
So, where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
To point out how crazy you are, first you ask where the money will come from.

Answer: the Treasury Dept.

Then you change the subject and start talking about Congress having to authorize the spending.

Which is exactly what we've told you for a month!!

It's not Obama's Gov't, it's Boehner's Gov't, by your own admission;

"only Congress can authorize the government to receive any money"

So the full answer is;

THe Treasury will provide the money to fund Boehner's Govt.

Thanks for playing. BTW, you're awfully quiet about the subsidies for oil companies that Rmoney was looking to eliminate!!

Even a fool like you has to shut up over your inbred ignorance once in a while, eh??

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#855164 Feb 6, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Abdulrahman al-Awlaki was separately targeted and murdered.
Pretty much the same as if some foreign agent targeted Obama's children for assassination.
Don't these looby left wingers have a fit when a magnetic bomb is placed on an iranian vehicle?
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#855165 Feb 6, 2013
IM GOING TO THROW STONES IN THE PIG PEN AND SEE HOW MANY MORE PIGS SQUEEL I GOT HISTORY 101 DRAWS BUNCHED UP ALL HE/SHE WILL SAY IS SOMETHING IGNORANT TO PROVE MY POINT ABOUT BIGOTS GO ahead 1,2,3 In practice, real people of one hundred percent African genetic admixture could not possibly have been accepted as members of the White endogamous group and so an adjustment is needed for the fraction of African admixture in those Blacks who did re-identify as White. Most sources agree that families with more than 25 percent African admixture are seldom accepted as White in the United States (although they may be in the Caribbean).6 On the other hand, many Blacks have no detectable African ancestry at all.7 Hence, a reasonable estimate is that typical families who successfully switched from the Black endogamous group to the White group had about 12.5 percent of African admixture. This would put them in the median of the White portion of the scatter diagrams of the essay Afro-European Genetic Admixture in the United States. It would have taken eight such carriers to transport across the color line the allele equivalent of one person of 100 percent sub-Saharan ancestry. And so, to reach the current measured African admixture in White Americans would have required one such person per year switching self-identity for every 5,400 living White Americans.8

The next step is to convert this number of group-switching individuals into a fraction of the Black population. As of the 2000 census, the Black population was about 12.8 percent of the total U.S. population, but this has varied from a high of 19.27 percent in 1790 to a low of 9.65 percent in 1930. The weighted average since 1790 has been 13.51 percent. And so, the number of individuals we must account for represents a movement from the Black community to the White of some 0.1382 percent of the Black population (0.007 x 8)/(300 x .1351) per year. As of census 2000, this comes to about 50,000 individuals per year.9

Another approach would be to use the Philadelphia rate at which European-looking children are born into the Black community (one out of every 500) and extrapolate this to the national Black yearly cohort.[For details, see the topic “How Many White Children are Born Into Black Families?” in the Essay The Heredity of “Racial” Traits.] This yields about 72,000 individuals per year as of census 2000. Most of these, of course, might choose not to switch.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#855166 Feb 6, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
It's not that I don't like it, it's just totally bullshit!!
And you're clueless enough about the matter to think that anything you find on the internet equals a reliable source.
If you're going to use a source, make sure it's not one that's completely full of shit!!
It explains why you nitwits whine about Obama, instead of figuring out how to profit from his policies.
For example, I didn' like Bush, but made a lot of money when he was elected by buying tobacco companies.
Clinton had gone after the tobacco companies for their dangers.
Bush backed off, and tobacco stocks soared!!
You don't have to like a President to make money off his policies, which appears to fly over the head of you nitwits.
Instead of crying about taxes, find a way to make more money!! DUH
(other than collecting scrap metal)
<quoted text>
Can I get the condensed version please? Tia

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#855167 Feb 6, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a good point, do we occupy the Persian Gulf to support the sugar industry?
Do we have a sugar based economy?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#855168 Feb 6, 2013
<quoted text>
HEY CROSS OVER Finally, Joel Williamson suggests yet another approach. It is based on the assumption that women are less likely than men to cross the color line permanently.10 Approximately equal numbers of male and female infants are born. But from age 16, millions of African-American men disappear from the census but women do not. In 2000, this came to 2.77 million individuals. Where did they go? The assumption of this method is that they redefined themselves as White. This approach yields 0.1019 percent per year or about 37,000 individuals per year as of census 2000.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#855169 Feb 6, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't these looby left wingers have a fit when a magnetic bomb is placed on an iranian vehicle?
No.

Where did you get that idea??

Please provide facts to support your claim.

Or is this your idea of polite conversation??

You get to call others names, but cry and whine when the return fire comes??

Gawd, at least when Gunner was here you tried to act like you had a pair!!

Location hidden

#855171 Feb 6, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Can I get the condensed version please? Tia
For a guy that had to scrounge around to find a silly market POV, you clearly didn't understand.

Why are you afraid of the equity markets??
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#855172 Feb 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Hey, jew boy, I think I hears yo mama callin'...
THRE LITTLE AFRICAN BLOOD MAKES YOU FIESTY HUH LOLOLOL BITE THIS MIXED BOY The preceding section used several methods to compute the average yearly rate at which Black Americans became White by switching their “racial” identity. One method was to divide the African admixture presently observed in White Americans equally among the 300 years since the endogamous color line was invented. However, the Chesapeake Bay colonies had been in operation for nearly a century when intermarriage was first outlawed in 1691. There was much Afro-European intermarriage in British North America before the endogamous color line was invented. Perhaps there has been no Black-to-White gene flow ever since. Could the African admixture found in White Americans today merely be an echo of the intermarrying 17th century, rather than evidence of the continual, steady passing of biracials into White society in the 18th, 19th, and 20th centuries?

There are three reasons to think that the African admixture found in today’s White Americans is the result of an ongoing process and not the remnant of a one-time event. First, as mentioned in the preceding section, longitudinal studies show that the current rate of openly avowed Black-to-White identity-switching would suffice to yield the observed admixture had it always been going on. Second, if the White-to-Black gene flow that we know has been going on for 400 years (in the form of the children of interracial unions) had not been balanced by an equal Black-to-White flow, Afro-Americans would have vanished by genetic assimilation, as did the Afro-Spanish and Afro-Portuguese by 1700, the Afro-Mexicans by 1800, and the Afro-Argentines by 1900. The third argument comes from molecular anthropology itself. It comes from observing linkage disequilibrium (defined below).

Chromosomes come in pairs. You have two copies of chromosome #1, two copies of chromosome #2, two copies of #3, and so forth. One copy of each chromosome came from your mother’s egg cell; the other came from your father’s sperm cell. Focus on a single chromosome pair; say the pair of chromosomes #5. When your body wants to produce a gamete (a spermatozoon if you are male, an ovum if you are female) it must place a single copy of chromosome #5 into the gamete. Which copy does it choose?

Think about it. You have two copies of #5, but you must place only a single copy of #5 into the new gamete. Does your body pick one or the other at random (either the #5 copy from you father or the one from your mother)? Does your body simply make up a brand new #5 never seen before? Does it blend together the material from your two copies—both the #5 copy from your father plus the one from your mother—and mold a new #5 using only half of the resultant mixture (otherwise the new #5 would be way too big)?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#855173 Feb 6, 2013
Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> Yea whatever peckerwood. Put some sun block on your red neck. I can't believe you tried the reverse psychology tactic. I'm far from racist. I jute don't like your kind. Take it personal! You seem to know an awful lot about ebt cards. You sure you don't receive assistance? You mad because I let the topix crowd in on your little secret! How does that work? You think your entitled yet talk shyt about those receiving gov't entitlements. Where they do that at?i wasn't even talking to you. Should've kept quiet & minded your business. Notre look what you've started
Peckerwood indeed.

And you have the splinters in your butthole to prove it, too.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#855174 Feb 6, 2013
Virginia State House Speaker Kills GOP ‘Dirty Trick’

The Virginia House of Delegates killed a plan by the state Senate GOP to redraw legislative lines Wednesday. The Senate GOP plan emerged out of a surprise vote on Inaguration Day that took advantage of the absence of a Democratic state senator, a civil rights leader who had traveled to Washington, DC for the inauguration. Democrats called it a "dirty trick" and Republican state leaders like Gov. Bob McDonnell and Lt. Gov. Bill Bolling condemned the move.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/v...
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#855176 Feb 6, 2013
<quoted text>
HEY COUSIN In fact, the process lays your two #5 chromosomes side-by-side, like two strands of yarn. It then cuts them crosswise into matching pieces and swaps the pieces between strands. Imagine that the DNA strand from your father was red, say, and your mother’s strand was blue. The cut-and-swap process (called meiosis) with just two cuts would yield one strand that was blue-red-blue and another that was red-blue-red. Many cut-and-swaps later, each new patchwork #5 then goes into a different gamete. And so, the single #5 chromosome in each gamete winds up being a mix of material from your mother’s #5 and your father’s #5. Only thus can your child inherit your mother’s eyes and your father’s chin. The single #5 in the gamete is not a “blend” in the sense of being purple (the combination of blue and red). Instead, it resembles a barber pole with broad blue and red stripes. The width of the stripes is called “linkage disequilibrium.”

As explained in the essay Afro-European Genetic Admixture in the United States, markers throughout the genome can be used to distinguish African from European ancestry. A first-generation Afro-European biracial individual will have one purely African chromosome #5 (from one parent) and one purely European chromosome #5 (from the other). But the strands are cut and their pieces swapped in meiosis at each subsequent generation. So if you observe that an individual has barber-pole stripes of African and European DNA within the same strand, then he must be at least a second-generation biracial. Now the chance that, in the next generation, any given cut will just happen to hit the seam between two existing stripes is negligible. Consequently, the stripes of African and European DNA get narrower and narrower (linkage disequilibrium diminishes) with each passing generation. One can estimate how many generations have elapsed since any individual’s original Afro-European admixture took place, by the width of the stripes (by the degree of linkage disequilibrium).

A recent one-time wave of intermarriage (since the 1955-65 civil rights movement, say) would result in uniformly high linkage disequilibrium in admixed Americans. This is not observed. An ancient one-time wave of intermarriage (in the seventeenth century, say) would result in uniformly low linkage disequilibrium in admixed Americans. This is not observed either. An ongoing slow but steady Black-to-White genetic leakage across the color line for 400 years would result in a distinctive pattern of linkage disequilibrium distribution (stripes of every width occurring with equal frequency). This, in fact, is what is observed.11

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#855177 Feb 6, 2013
Truth is no SIN wrote:
<quoted text>SIMPLE THE HERE AND NOW IS BASED ON HISTORY SO DO NOT READ OR BOTHER YOURSELF WITH WHAT PHD INFORMED PEOPLE PUBLISH AND I PUT ON HERE YESTERDAY IS NOT IMPORTANT TO YOU STAY IN YOUR WORLD MATH COMES FROM THE PAST SO DONT STUDY IT BASED ON YOUR REASON FINE STAY AWAY FROM TEACHING CHILDREN OR ANYONE NO PROBLEM BUT THE GARBAGE THAT YOU ALL POST WITH YOUR GARBAGE OPINIONS THATS THE IMPORTANT HERE AND NOW lololololhahahah if one person reads my post and it makes sense im golden so I really don't think about your kind thanks anyway bye O i've been typing this with my MIDDLE FINGER to answer YOU
You idiots bring the slavery crap up because Obama is black, ergo, he must be a victim of slavery somehow.

Tip: His father was not a descendant of any slave living on American soil so Obama has no legitimate claim to that poor, ghetto victim attitude he exudes.

Location hidden

#855178 Feb 6, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Do we have a sugar based economy?
Your contention is that subsidies to protect Arab Oil Producers does not count towards the overall cost of foreign oil to our economy.

Why don't the oil companies pay for that?? They have more money than the overstretched Defense Dept.

Yours is clearly an ignorant view, but that's our little Emaam.

His arguments don't have to make sense, they just have to disagree!!

Fits the old Emaam line;

"I just like to come on Topix and mess with people!!"

Which so often leaves you looking like the fool you are!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#855179 Feb 6, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 min TRD 68,916
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 44 min JOEL 71,275
Chicago police stop black motorists more, ACLU ... 44 min reality is a crutch 6
Chicagoa s 2014 murder total on track for anoth... 1 hr reality is a crutch 3
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 49,369
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMerde 51,306
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques Ottawa 182,195
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:46 am PST

Bleacher Report 8:46AM
What Are Experts Saying About Vikings?
NBC Sports11:28 AM
Bears extend Roberto Garza through 2015
NBC Sports 7:32 AM
Full-blown Bears house-cleaning could be coming
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
Could Cutler, Shanahan Reunion Work for Jets?
ESPN 7:12 AM
Sources: Some Bears coaches fear firings