Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1263632 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#855262 Feb 6, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You're dancing around this question like a penguin with a club foot. All you have to do is identify a source of money to answer this question. Just a simple source of money will answer the question.
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
... a simple source of money is all that is required to answer this question.
How about it. You do know what a "source of money" is, don't you?
It comes from the treasury department.

Reminds me of a story.

Professor Dumbwaiter gives his science students a test. He asked would you use a barometer to find the height of the Empire State Building.

One of this students Dave, answers that he would drop the barometer & time how long it takes to hit the sidewalk.

Prof Dumwbaiter gets really made & says that is not the correct answer yells at Dave, has a freakin fit & demands Dave does it over.

Dave Then answers. Dave said he would take the barometer down to public works department & Threaten to beat them with the barometer unless they tell him how tall the Empire State building is.

Maybe Prof Dumbwaiter should ask better questions.
Nj raider 1

United States

#855263 Feb 6, 2013
Your seriously proud of the american language? It makes no difference thee language as long as the message gets across. So your 3/5 message funds meaning in which way? How does reaching back in time equate to times of today? Easy answer, it doesn't. You were using 3/5 dem as a derogatory name, but of course you'll lie because it's in your lineage. Your thought process is primitive. Your an evolutionist & anti american. The President was elected thru a democratic process yet because shyt didnt go your way, you pray on his downfall. Stupid, his downfall means the downfall of this country you covet so much! If you haven't figured it out over the past 4yrs the day of the whiteman is over. It's practice what you preach time. You day this is the land of equality, well stop bitching about a blackman calling the shots. Don't keep brining up his mom cuz he himself identifies as a blackman & you would to had he not been the president. I would tell you to do some soul searching, butt you know they say you grafted man have no soul!

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#855264 Feb 6, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn, dufus. Here's a few guided munitions in use in Vietnam before you were born:
AGM-83 Bulldog
AGM-12 Bullpup
AGM-62 Walleye
AGM-78 Standard ARM
AGM-87 Focus
And a little history on drones:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_unman...
I'll just use one quote from the article:
"The first pilotless aircraft were built during and shortly after World War I."
I noticed that I didn't laugh at your ignorance this time. It made me feel sad more than anything else.
But, that feeling is over now....
Missiles??? Guided Missiles?

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#855265 Feb 6, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You're dancing around this question like a penguin with a club foot. All you have to do is identify a source of money to answer this question. Just a simple source of money will answer the question.
You profess to be a staunch constitutionalist and yet you won't answer a simple yes or no question about Article I, sect 8 of the Constitution. I interpret this to give the power to spend money EXCLUSIVELY to congress, not the president.
You do know what "power to spend money" means don't you?
A simple yes or no is all that is required to answer this question.

Or shall we dance?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#855266 Feb 6, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it. Boehner is responsible for the debt starting 2011.
BTW, I am still waiting for that list of legislation the Democrats passed in the first 9 months of 2007 that created the Bush recession.
You remember, right. The Recession that created the massive debts since it took hold.
RealDave….Work Smarter not Harder!! We have government agencies that provide budget data and analysis of legislation being passed! Because of these sources/agencies which I use, their analysis shows that 110/111 congress control by Democrats has created the Largest Debt/Deficits in American History!!
THE DEBIL

Salt Lake City, UT

#855267 Feb 6, 2013
Nj raider 1 wrote:
Your seriously proud of the american language? It makes no difference thee language as long as the message gets across. So your 3/5 message funds meaning in which way? How does reaching back in time equate to times of today? Easy answer, it doesn't. You were using 3/5 dem as a derogatory name, but of course you'll lie because it's in your lineage. Your thought process is primitive. Your an evolutionist & anti american. The President was elected thru a democratic process yet because shyt didnt go your way, you pray on his downfall. Stupid, his downfall means the downfall of this country you covet so much! If you haven't figured it out over the past 4yrs the day of the whiteman is over. It's practice what you preach time. You day this is the land of equality, well stop bitching about a blackman calling the shots. Don't keep brining up his mom cuz he himself identifies as a blackman & you would to had he not been the president. I would tell you to do some soul searching, butt you know they say you grafted man have no soul!
LET'S KILL HIM. DEBIL TOTALLY ON BOARD FO' THIS AN', AFTER ALL, YOU GOT TO START SOMEWHERE. PLUS DEBIL GOT A LOTTA FRIENDS IN THE FIVE BOROUGHS....

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#855268 Feb 6, 2013
flack wrote:
Obamacare turning out to be far worse than expected!!! The American worker and families are about to get screwed without the benefit of Vaseline.
Vaseline was never promised under obamacare.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#855269 Feb 6, 2013
"With health care reform set to forever change businesses' health care obligations to their employees, health care experts say there's legitimate concern that the 30-hour bar set by the law will end up encouraging businesses to cut workers' hours, exacerbating the post-recession growth of part-time, unreliable work. Such cuts are probably more likely to hit workers in the restaurant and retail industries, where low pay and irregular schedules are already common and managers are always looking for ways to further shave labor costs."

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#855270 Feb 6, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
In one case, exxon pays the government a certain amount & part of that is returned.
Wrong

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#855271 Feb 6, 2013
We have several loony left wingers here that fit his profile

"Corkins, 28, pleaded guilty to committing an act of terrorism while armed, interstate transportation of a firearm and ammunition, and assault with intent to kill while armed."

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#855272 Feb 6, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>

In one case, exxon pays the government a certain amount & part of that is returned.
Sorry, misread your post.

That would be a subsidy.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#855273 Feb 6, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
I submit that left wingers have much more faith in government than do right wingers.
Then why is it, with regard to the PATRIOT Act et. al. that I hear right wingers say you don't have anything to worry about as long as you're not doing anything wrong but I don't hear that from the left? Am I just not hearing them? Can you provide examples?
leosanusobama

Pompano Beach, FL

#855274 Feb 6, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>"BIGGOTS"??? Wonder whose bootless little sock this could be...
Must be yours

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#855275 Feb 6, 2013
The topic was drones. DUH

A guided munition is a drone?? Who writes your material??

All you listed were missiles.

Are you really so stupid?? Anyone who asks the same questions incessantly has to be.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I am laughing at your ignorance.

So what does a missile have to do with a drone, nitwit??

The original nitwit said Nixon should have used a drone.

I said there were none in Nixon's era.

That still stands, in spite of your inability to stay on topic.

Try keeping up, midget!!
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn, dufus. Here's a few guided munitions in use in Vietnam before you were born:
AGM-83 Bulldog
AGM-12 Bullpup
AGM-62 Walleye
AGM-78 Standard ARM
AGM-87 Focus

And a little history on drones:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_unman...
I'll just use one quote from the article:
"The first pilotless aircraft were built during and shortly after World War I."
I noticed that I didn't laugh at your ignorance this time. It made me feel sad more than anything else.
But, that feeling is over now....

Location hidden

#855276 Feb 6, 2013
Eman wrote:
We have several loony left wingers here that fit his profile
"Corkins, 28, pleaded guilty to committing an act of terrorism while armed, interstate transportation of a firearm and ammunition, and assault with intent to kill while armed."
According to your side, left wingers don't have guns!!

So it had to be a right wing nitwit, like you!!
So NotSurpriZed

Pompano Beach, FL

#855277 Feb 6, 2013
Not Surprized wrote:
Can you spell Swedish Mutt for me "MR. IVY LEAGUE"?
QUOTE who="Nostrilis Waxman" I'm a mut. Sweedish, Scot, English, Irish, Dutch, French - great grandparents moved to the U.S. <quoted text>
WAXTURDS wrote:
Would you like to borrown my Mercedes. Well, now I have three brand new cars. If I told you what I bought for my personal driver, you wouldn't believe it.
WAXTURDS wrote:
I'll post from the Caribbean to you lib. As you know, I just came home from the U.K.
I have a job. I can retire now but I have a good job lib - and a pertfolio you would not comprehend garbage man. Sorry lib.
I'll try to post to you from the Caribean next week.
Cheers.
http://www.topix.com/forum/source/lebanon-dai ...
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
Ohhh Booooyyyy! Like Wooowwww! Did you graduate from an Ivy League in 3.5 years with a double major with a level of distinction far above others? I doubt it! Did you turn down a White House internship.
QUOTE who="Waxman/Waxturds
I live in a large house with a lot of rooms and computers and also have redundant communication providers.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/berwyn-il/T50 ...
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
I don't think you sent your kids to prep schools and Ivy League schools like I have. I do not have any failures. I am educated.
http://www.topix.com/forum/source/lebanon-dai ...
Nostrilis Waxman Windsor,CT:
Do you own a penthouse in Manhatten lib overlooking CP?
http://www.topix.com/forum/nyc/T50ESIT30OD 77D4FO/p2621 #56397
Can you spell Swedish Mutt for me "MR. IVY LEAGUE"?
How about Manhattan?
Can you spell "Surprised" for me, "Mr. Special Ed."?... Not "Surprized"! ROTFLMAO!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#855278 Feb 6, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Do we have a sugar based economy?
That wasn't the question, are you moving the goal line? It was a direct question with a yes or no answer.

Location hidden

#855279 Feb 6, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
After 3 or 4 lines I quit reading his posts. It's all the same bs he posts daily anyway.
For a guy who don't read my posts, you sure reply to a lot of them.

HAHAHAHA
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#855280 Feb 6, 2013
So NotSurpriZed wrote:
<quoted text> Can you spell "Surprised" for me, "Mr. Special Ed."?... Not "Surprized"! ROTFLMAO!
i

Can u spell got a life? How about lunatic?

Hehe

Location hidden

#855281 Feb 6, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
To point out how crazy you are, first you ask where the money will come from.

Answer: the Treasury Dept.

Then you change the subject and start talking about Congress having to authorize the spending.

Which is exactly what we've told you for a month!!

It's not Obama's Gov't, it's Boehner's Gov't, by your own admission;
"only Congress can authorize the government to receive any money"
So the full answer is;

THe Treasury will provide the money to fund Boehner's Govt.
Thanks for playing. BTW, you're awfully quiet about the subsidies for oil companies that Rmoney was looking to eliminate!!

Even a fool like you has to shut up over your inbred ignorance once in a while, eh??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local Politics Do you approve of Rahm Emanuel as Mayor? (Sep '12) 1 hr Concern Citizen 8
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Enter 194,565
Sex For Money (Sep '12) 2 hr carlos 6
Concerned Chicago Citizen 2 hr Concern Citizen 1
Amy 7-30-15 2 hr boundary painter 3
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr boundary painter 6,258
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 3 hr boundary painter 8,111
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr Go Blue Forever 100,268
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages