Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
786,861 - 786,880 of 1,098,960 Comments Last updated 14 min ago
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Changes in “Racial” Criteria
Before 1960, when census takers assigned people to the approved “races,” the rules for classifying people were not always clear. Nevertheless, it appears that census takers probably followed “racial” classification rules in effect in their society at the time, as reflected in court cases. They seem to have employed four different methods of assigning “racial” membership: appearance, blood fraction, association, and the one-drop rule.

Until about 1820, most people in authority were guided by a person’s physical appearance. If you looked White to the census-taker, then you were White (for example, Sally Hemings’s son Eston). But if you looked Black then you were Black (like Eston’s brother James). From 1830 until about 1890, blood fraction or association decided the issue. If most of your ancestors were White and you were accepted as White in society, then the census-taker classified you as White. Finally, from around the turn of the twentieth century to today, the one-drop rule of invisible Blackness emerged and gradually replaced all other methods. If you had any known African ancestry, no matter how slight, then you were involuntarily classified as Black.(16)

Since 1960, as mentioned earlier, Americans have interpreted the census “race” question as asking about voluntary ethnic self-identity. The wording of the 2000 census instructions probably encouraged this interpretation. It ordered,“indicate what this person considers himself/herself to be”[emphasis mine].(17)

Forbidden by Congress from removing the “other” choice entirely, the Census Bureau sought a different way of forcing Americans to take the “race” question seriously. As mentioned, to meet their mission, they needed to discourage the millions who in 2000 checked off “other” and wrote in something frivolous, like “human.” The solution was to remove the “considers” instruction in 2010. The census no longer allows one to select the “race” that a “person considers himself/herself to be.” Instead, it now demands to know what “is the person’s race.” This, however, led to a dilemma. On the one hand,“race” is no longer a matter of choice but on the other hand, the instructions no longer say just what criteria are to be used.(18)
History 101

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Long as your ass is clean. Tha's where I draw the line.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar.
Plame's job was to oversee the council whose job it was to get verification of the intel
My God you are really getting dumber every f*cking GD day. No wonder you post the same stupid question over & over as slobber drips from your chin.
Your buddy used intel that was not confirmed.
And really, the GD CRA excuse again. My God, you really are more Texan than normal today.( For those not aware, Dumbwaiter said Texans have so may minimum wage jobs because Texans are ignorant uneducated dumbasses)
Director of Operations for the CIA’s Joint Task Force on Iraq

I wonder what the responsibilities for that job are....
Let's ask Valerie Plame. It was her last job before Robert Novak outed her.

Valerie Plame is responsible for any and all intelligence given to Bush on the status of WMD programs in Iraq prior to fighting the war the Arabs started there.

Director of Operations for the CIA’s Joint Task Force on Iraq.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

History 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
But it probably doesn't. The whole jesus, reincarnation thing is CLEARLY just a pile of wishful crap. It's like that pretty girl at the prom who asked you to take her virginity but your mom told you to be home by ten and when you went back the next day and asked the same girl if she had time now she pretended like she didn't know who you were. It woulda made some sense if you'd pulled it off after a hundred years or so, but carpe deo I always say.
Did I say anything about Jesus or religion clown?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagree
Spam
How about something other than the indoctrinated party line mantra bullshit lies? You may have to think for yourself to come up with something... like it would be the stupidest thing in the world to leave Saddam Hussein in our rear with a rebuilt war machine while we concentrated all of our forces to do the exact same thing in the exact same place against the exact same enemy as the Soviets.
Let's ask all the Iraqis with blue die on their fingers to show the Islamist terrorists throughout Iraq that Iraq is a democracy.
Obviously, it was a success.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.
And, just as obviously, Obama is sabotaging Iraq.
The Treasury Dept.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
"911 what is your emergency"
"Some guy broke in my home & stole my TV"
" Is he still there?"
"No he left"
"We'll send someone over to file a report in the morning"
Is he still there?

I DON'T F**K*NG KNOW. I'M HIDING IN THE CLOSET HOPING HE DOESN'T COME LOOKING IN HERE. GET YOUR LAZY ASSES OVER HERE AND DO YOUR GODDAM JOB AND YOU MAKE SURE HE'S NOT STILL HERE. THAT'S WHAT I PAY YOU TO DO.
History 101

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagree
Spam
How about something other than the indoctrinated party line mantra bullshit lies? You may have to think for yourself to come up with something... like it would be the stupidest thing in the world to leave Saddam Hussein in our rear with a rebuilt war machine while we concentrated all of our forces to do the exact same thing in the exact same place against the exact same enemy as the Soviets.
Let's ask all the Iraqis with blue die on their fingers to show the Islamist terrorists throughout Iraq that Iraq is a democracy.
Obviously, it was a success.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.
And, just as obviously, Obama is sabotaging Iraq.
Let the record show that the texas coward known as DB refused to answer the question. Probably a marine.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

History 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably the same way you know the Marine Corp isn't just a group of 14 year olds in a tree house playing with a gun and a Playboy they found in their father's closet. Say. that guy in Texas who just shot the SEAL was a Marine, waren't he? Whatta guy! Whatta service!
What would you know about it, coxucker.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Director of Operations for the CIA’s Joint Task Force on Iraq
I wonder what the responsibilities for that job are....
Let's ask Valerie Plame. It was her last job before Robert Novak outed her.
Valerie Plame is responsible for any and all intelligence given to Bush on the status of WMD programs in Iraq prior to fighting the war the Arabs started there.
Director of Operations for the CIA’s Joint Task Force on Iraq.
The US Treasury.
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> After all that writing I'm quite sure you realize where you went wrong. This is not the 1800s & black people are not slaves. Surely not when there's a black president! Have you researched General Monk Monk? It's a good read, you might learn something!
BALCK PR$ESIDENT lolololol racists what about his white mother black tell that to the dead kids in chitown and look at the newtown kids who has a president that cares LOLOLOL black president take what ever you are given LOLOLOLO you aint like obama LOLOLOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Is he still there?
I DON'T F**K*NG KNOW. I'M HIDING IN THE CLOSET HOPING HE DOESN'T COME LOOKING IN HERE. GET YOUR LAZY ASSES OVER HERE AND DO YOUR GODDAM JOB AND YOU MAKE SURE HE'S NOT STILL HERE. THAT'S WHAT I PAY YOU TO DO.
The Department of the Treasury.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
My federal income taxes help pay for oil industry subsidies. You are still a pretend oilfield engineer, right?
So why do you need to suckle from the government teat? Can't you make it on your own?
You continue to repeat the propaganda lie that the oil companies get subsidies. But, you can't tell us what those subsidies are, for some reason.
Tell us about those subsidies to the oil companies, dufus.
... inquiring minds want to know.
History 101

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Did I say anything about Jesus or religion clown?
I'm pretty sure you should'a put a comma in there, fluck.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Please identify a specific subsidy that is unique to the oil industry.
"But an examination of the American tax code indicates that oil production is among the most heavily subsidized businesses, with tax breaks available at virtually every stage of the exploration and extraction process."

"According to the most recent study by the Congressional Budget Office, released in 2005, capital investments like oil field leases and drilling equipment are taxed at an effective rate of 9 percent, significantly lower than the overall rate of 25 percent for businesses in general and lower than virtually any other industry."

Read more

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/04/business/04...
History 101

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
The Treasury Dept.
Good answer!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Tax breaks on a grand scale amount to subsidies, we could go on for weeks about energy/oil company tax beaks and barely scratch the surface.
That oil companies aren't subsidized by government at all levels is a right wing myth.
Tax breaks are allowing people/companies to keep more of the money they earn. Not a subsidy. Only libtards would call allowing someone to keep the money they earn a subsidy.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Is he still there?
Well, gee Whiz.

Then they would send someone.

You really are this stupid. Here I thought it was an act.

One more time.

If the caller says the suspects are gone, they don't drop everything & rush over.

If the caller says they are or might be, then they would.

My God, how the F*ck did you not get that.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Tax breaks on a grand scale amount to subsidies, we could go on for weeks about energy/oil company tax beaks and barely scratch the surface.
That oil companies aren't subsidized by government at all levels is a right wing myth.
For instance, Exxon pays 12.3 billion dollars in taxes to the federal government of the United States. Exxon earns only 9.6 billion dollars from investment in the United States.

... that's some tax break, isn't it?

That oil companies are subsidized by the government is a leftwing propaganda lie.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
The Treasury Dept.
Ok. For the "special needs" people in the class, for the umpteenth time....

The Treasury Department isn't a source of money. The Treasury Department is a repository for money collected from a source of money.
Besides, there isn't any money in the Treasury Department because the Treasury Department is already 16.5 trillion dollars in debt.

If you're too ignorant to answer the question of where the money will come from to pay for Obama's government, just read a little when someone who actually knows what a source of money is might answer.

Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
History 101

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Say, any you guys ever bring a beautiful woman home, undress her, stick you head between her legs an' discover she got a dirty ass? Now wha's up with that shit? She think cause she beautiful she don't got to wash her ass befo' she go out on a date? What you do then? I drag they ass down the hall and scrub that thing til it shine, an' that white girl screamin' an' yellin' the whole time and I'll jus' shove the whole bar of soap up there, goddamit! But, after I dress 'em up a l'il, they start purrin' an' cooin' an' it generally like nuthin' ever happen... anyways, tha's how I do it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE