Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
786,781 - 786,800 of 1,082,972 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
DBs Mama

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

History 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty insightful...and true.
(Although I wouldn't say all deranged people are necessarily democrats...but probably raised by progressive politically correct liberals...since the poison of political correctness is enough to make even the sanest among us a little crazy.)
Well, looky who's here! Speak of the Devil you cheap harlot! I told you what would happen if I catched you round my boy and now look who's landed right in my lap! It wasn't enough that you shot Billy and stole the love of my life away from me but then you went and corrupted DB with your wickedness! He was just a boy.. barely 35. And here you come with your skimpy little dress and perfume and you took my only son from me. I told you what would happen if I caught you near him again, Jezebel! Big-city college girl with her Yankee ways and curly hair, I told DB you was trash but he was a boy and didn't know no better. But you did didn't you, harlot. I swear you bring out the meanness in me, you lyin' piece of Yankee white trash, I told you what'd happen, and now it will! Mark my words!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
If you attempt to dodge answering a question by asking a question, I just go back to the original questions you dodged. For instance, the questions you've been dodging for a month now:
Where was Obama during the 7-goddam-hour battle between Al Qaeda and the stripped-down American embassy security detatchment in Benghazi when orders with presidential authority came from the White House to hang the Americans in Benghazi out to dry while the White House watched Al Qaeda kill them on the live video feed?
And;
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
When you answer these questions, then we can get to the questions you posed in your predictable attempt to digress and avoid admitting Obama is a clown act.
The Treasury Dept.
history 101

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Please identify a specific subsidy that is unique to the oil industry.
Texas
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"Lighter duty police" sounds like washed-up retreads who should be replaced by capable officers.
Ignoring crimes against property just encourages more such crimes.
that's how NYC was lost by the libs. Guliani brought it back by implementing the Broken Window approach to fighting crime:

'The idea of it is that you had to pay attention to small things, otherwise they would get out of control and become much worse. And that, in fact, in a lot of our approach to crime, quality of life, social programs, we were allowing small things to get worse rather than dealing with them at the earliest possible stage. That approach had been tried in other cities, but all small cities, and there was a big debate about whether it could work in a city as large as New York. One of the ways that New York used to resist any kind of change was to say, "It can't work here," because they wanted to keep the status quo. There is such a desire for people to do that, to keep the status quo. And I thought, "Well, there's no reason why it can't work in New York City. We have bigger resources. We may have bigger problems, we have bigger resources, the same theory should work." So we started paying attention to the things that were being ignored. Aggressive panhandling, the squeegee operators that would come up to your car and wash the window of your car whether you wanted it or not -- and sometimes smashed people's cars or tires or windows -- the street-level drug-dealing; the prostitution; the graffiti, all these things that were deteriorating the city. So we said, "We're going to pay attention to that," and it worked. It worked because we not only got a big reduction in that, and an improvement in the quality of life, but massive reductions in homicide, and New York City turned from the crime capital of America to the safest large city in the country for five, six years in a row.'

compare that to cities run by libs, like Detroit, Chicago and Newark.
Truth is no SIN

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Question: And neither do you regret having supported the Islamic fundamentalists, having given arms and advice to future terrorists?

Brzezinski: What is most important to the history of the world? The Taliban or the collapse of the Soviet empire? Some stirred-up Moslems or the liberation of Central Europe and the end of the cold war?**

Question: Some stirred-up Moslems? But it has been said and repeated: Islamic fundamentalism represents a world menace today.

Brzezinski: Nonsense! It is said that the West had a global policy in regard to Islam. That is stupid. There isn't a global Islam. Look at Islam in a rational manner and without demagoguery or emotion. It is the leading religion of the world with 1.5 billion followers. But what is there in common among Saudi Arabian fundamentalism, moderate Morocco, Pakistan militarism, Egyptian pro-Western or Central Asian secularism? Nothing more than what unites the Christian countries.*

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Early Tuesday afternoon, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor plans to deliver a major speech kicking off his latest attempt at revitalizing the Republican Party brand.
If this sounds vaguely familiar to you, it's not your imagination. As Politico's Jake Sherman and Jonathan Allen point out, this isn't Cantor's first rodeo when it comes to brand rebuilding—it will be his fourth. In 2009, there was the National Council for a New America, in 2010 there was the "Young Guns", and in 2011 there was "cut-and-grow."
Sadly for Cantor, in 2012 his efforts were rewarded with the reelection of President Barack Obama, a larger Democratic majority in the Senate, and a smaller Republican majority in the House. But now it's 2013 and it's apparently time for the fourth generation of Eric Cantor, GOP Brand Rebuilder™. So, on Tuesday morning, Cantor explained to CBS News what will be different this time:
What this is about is about making sure that we can express why we're doing what we're doing ... what it is more is explaining why we're doing what we're doing.
Aha. So instead of doing something about being wrong, this time Eric Cantor thinks House Republicans need to do a better job of explaining why they are wrong. Great plan, sir. It worked so well the last three times you tried it.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/02/05/1184...
Hey, maybe in the course of explaining why they're doing something they'll come to the realization that its a stupid thing to do and they can stop themselves from doing it?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I think what this is about is now "an informed, high-level official of the U.S. Government" has the authority to order the execution of US citizens. They don't have to bring charges or have any evidence, evidently they just need their good judgement.
These individuals should be tried, in absentia if necessary, and sentenced to death by a court before being executed.
History 101

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

History 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
She is not an Israeli. Like I said, they will more than likely beat us to it.
But say, Homer, wouldn't you be willing to make the ultimate sacrifice to save the world from a threat like Iran?
Then again, I would have been willing to die to save just one child from Saddam's torture rooms.
Maybe we're just different in that way - believing in a higher and nobler cause.
Is there anything you would be willing to die for? Just curious.
Well, speaking solely for ourselves, I'd die to see you die. This is pretty deep stuff so take your time with it.
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Jane types with her asss.
yes and at a massize size 4, i cover 2/3 of the keyboard. but, sorry....didn't mention anything about "size" and reinforce your inadequecies.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

History 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
Saddam would be Obama's problem now.
Good thing he's one less enemy for him to worry about, huh?
You'd think the Democrats would be thrilled that he's gone since they wanted to get rid of him too.
So what do you think the UN meant when they issued a warning to Saddam of "serious consequences" if he tried to bamboozle them one more time?
I always wondered about that myself.
Saddam would still be Ahmedinijad's problem and neither would be our problem.
Truth is no SIN

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

SFRC Testimony -- Zbigniew Brzezinski
February 1, 2007

Mr. Chairman:

Your hearings come at a critical juncture in the U.S. war of choice in Iraq, and I commend you and Senator Lugar for scheduling them.

It is time for the White House to come to terms with two central realities:

1. The war in Iraq is a historic, strategic, and moral calamity. Undertaken under false assumptions, it is undermining America’s global legitimacy. Its collateral civilian casualties as well as some abuses are tarnishing America’s moral credentials. Driven by Manichean impulses and imperial hubris, it is intensifying regional instability.

2. Only a political strategy that is historically relevant rather than reminiscent of colonial tutelage can provide the needed framework for a tolerable resolution of both the war in Iraq and the intensifying regional tensions.

If the United States continues to be bogged down in a protracted bloody involvement in Iraq, the final destination on this downhill track is likely to be a head-on conflict with Iran and with much of the world of Islam at large. A plausible scenario for a military collision with Iran involves Iraqi failure to meet the benchmarks; followed by accusations of Iranian responsibility for the failure; then by some provocation in Iraq or a terrorist act in the U.S. blamed on Iran; culminating in a “defensive” U.S. military action against Iran that plunges a lonely America into a spreading and deepening quagmire eventually ranging across Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, and Pakistan.

A mythical historical narrative to justify the case for such a protracted and potentially expanding war is already being articulated. Initially justified by false claims about WMD’s in Iraq, the war is now being redefined as the “decisive ideological struggle” of our time, reminiscent of the earlier collisions with Nazism and Stalinism. In that context, Islamist extremism and al Qaeda are presented as the equivalents of the threat posed by Nazi Germany and then Soviet Russia, and 9/11 as the equivalent of the Pearl Harbor attack which precipitated America’s involvement in World War II.
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not take out Castro with a drone now?
Looney Lily is keen on drone attacks, because drive-bys are a popular sport amongst her in-laws the way other families golf or fish.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I think what this is about is now "an informed, high-level official of the U.S. Government" has the authority to order the execution of US citizens. They don't have to bring charges or have any evidence, evidently they just need their good judgement.
So, what are the criteria for who deserves to get a drone up their ass?

Sounds kinda like double secret probation.
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You said they no longer respond immediately.
That is only the case if the suspects were gone. In the event of a robbery or break in where the suspects are still there, they do respond immediately.
Got it?
RealDave I didn’t say it, I just posted what they said, but here I’ll post it again!!

CHICAGOLAND: Police… To No Longer Respond Immediately To Burglaries, Car Thefts!! Dave I think Chicago Is promoting Gun ownership!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Obama Feeling Sequester Squeeze

By Scott Galupo

Last week I predicted that the fourth-quarter GDP scare would spook the White House into cutting some kind of deal to turn off the sequester, with its across-the-board spending cuts.

Sure enough, today brings news that President Obama will ask Congress for another short-term delay. The AP reports:“Obama will ask for a targeted way to reduce the deficit in the short term, perhaps several months. White House officials say Congress needs more time to work out a 10-year plan worth more than $1 trillion in deficit reduction.”

Because they’ve signaled a willingness to go ahead with the sequester, even as Majority Leader Eric Cantor commences the project of soft-focusing the party’s agenda by talking about issues besides the federal budget, Republicans have found themselves with under-the-radar bargaining leverage. If they’re smart, they will husband this leverage wisely and press for modest measures to rein in spending over the long haul. That they’re no longer threatening to blow up the economy in the short term is a positive sign.

Let’s see how if House GOP leaders can persuade the exuberant freshmen and sophomore members of their caucus not to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/obama-...
Truth is no SIN

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

The White House Could Provoke Attacks in the United States
Reporterre
Thursday 08 February 2007

In testimony before the American Senate, Carter's former National Security Advisor considered the hypothesis that the White House could provoke attacks on its own soil to justify an intervention in Iran plausible.
Zbigniew Brzezinski is one of the people most widely respected in geopolitical matters in the United States. Advisor to Jimmy Carter when the latter was President of the United States between 1977 and 1981, he was considered a "hawk among the doves." Since then, he has stayed very attentive to international questions, within the Center for Strategic and International Studies. Notably, he published a widely regarded essay, Le Grand Echiquier [The Grand Chessboard: American Primacy and Its Geostrategic Imperatives](Hachette, 1997).
Hostile to the war in Iraq, he spoke February 1st before an American Senate committee on the international situation and more specifically on the power struggle with Iran. One passage in his testimony has caught the attention of several observers: the one in which he considers that the White House could provoke a terrorist act in the United States itself to win public opinion over to the idea of an intervention against Iran. Here is the passage:
"A plausible scenario for a military collision with Iran involves Iraqi failure to meet the benchmarks; followed by accusations of Iranian responsibility for the failure; then by some provocation in Iraq or a terrorist act in the U.S. blamed on Iran; culminating in a "defensive" U.S. military action against Iran that plunges a lonely America into a spreading and deepening quagmire eventually ranging across Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, and Pakistan."
The allusion to a terrorist act in the United States, responsibility for which "would be attributed to the Iranians" is remarkable: an American official at the highest level concedes the idea that the Bush Administration could not only use terrorism to serve its own ends, but even provoke attacks on its own soil in order to justify its aggressive intrigues.
Brzezinski's statements are all the more remarkable in that he himself in his book, The Grand Chessboard, deemed that control of central Asia and its oil resources were necessary for the maintenance of American domination.
But he emphasized that it was difficult to obtain a consensus from the American public to support United States' interventions beyond its borders "in the absence of a sudden threat or a feeling by the population that its well-being was at stake." On that occasion, he recalled the example of Pearl Harbor which tipped American opinion in favor of an intervention in the Second World War.
Consequently, it is not "conspiracy theorists" only who are blowing the whistle on such a corruption of American democracy, even if one must not extrapolate too much from the statements of Jimmy Carter's former advisor. But for several years, many people have, in fact, wondered about the exact unfolding of the events of September 11, 2001 and wonder whether the American administration has not done everything to prevent them [from knowing.] Zbigniew Brzezinski's position provides legitimacy to these questions and undoubtedly constitutes a message addressed to George Bush and his entourage.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
We didn't start the fires Homer.
Those fires been burning a long, long time. Decades and milleniums.
So why'd we go stand in the middle of it?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Obama Feeling Sequester Squeeze
By Scott Galupo
Last week I predicted that the fourth-quarter GDP scare would spook the White House into cutting some kind of deal to turn off the sequester, with its across-the-board spending cuts.
Sure enough, today brings news that President Obama will ask Congress for another short-term delay. The AP reports:“Obama will ask for a targeted way to reduce the deficit in the short term, perhaps several months. White House officials say Congress needs more time to work out a 10-year plan worth more than $1 trillion in deficit reduction.”
Because they’ve signaled a willingness to go ahead with the sequester, even as Majority Leader Eric Cantor commences the project of soft-focusing the party’s agenda by talking about issues besides the federal budget, Republicans have found themselves with under-the-radar bargaining leverage. If they’re smart, they will husband this leverage wisely and press for modest measures to rein in spending over the long haul. That they’re no longer threatening to blow up the economy in the short term is a positive sign.
Let’s see how if House GOP leaders can persuade the exuberant freshmen and sophomore members of their caucus not to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/obama-...
Remember, rumors you hear about obama are as true as the ones we hear about you...

A camel can work for a week without drinking. A liberal can cut and paste for a whole week without working.
Shakalaka

Morrow, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

How freakin FUNNY is this.

One of America's top SNIPERS..goes off to kill the world. Then comes home and is Snipped by his own brother. LOL

AT A SHOOTING RANGE! And these are the SAFE Mofo's they be talking about? Sooo how do they s'plain that away?

"Oh, the famous sniper was "counseling" his fellow murdering solider who was suffering from PTS." Okay.

So taking a crazy person on a shooting range is now Therapy??? God help America! Please God! These folks are stalk raving MAD!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>exactly. right after Obama's first inauguration, there were cries from the left to arrest CIA and Cheney for waterboarding.
'Nov 12, 2012
Hypocrite Obama and other Dems like John Kerry on drone strikes.
Obama , Kerry, Biden and other dems love to state over and over how Al-Quadea is on the run or dead and GM is alive.
The fact is these drone strikes that they say has al-quaeda on the run will in my opinion unfortunately create more hatred and terror minded people against the good US citizens in the years to come.
Where is the outcry from dem leaders like John Kerry and Harry Reid who previously accused American Troops of terrorizing innocent Iraqi women and children by doing house to house raids?( http://www.youtube.com/watch... )
Look at the hypocrisy of Obama who along with his in the pocket liberal media friends, had such an outcry against waterboarding. Some even called for war crimes against Bush and Cheney for waterboarding. Cant the same be said for Obama and the drone strikes? Let me ask all of you fine educated progressive folks here. What is more brutal, raiding houses and checking for weapons and frightening women and children in the middle of the night or these drone strikes that blow off the limbs and extinguish the lives many innocent women and children?
What is more brutal and uncivilized? Waterboarding someone or a drone strike that wipes out homes , entires families, babies, elderly along with sometimes the intended target if they guess right?
I find it very interesting that the media made waterboarding such a big issue when Obama first ran for president yet no word or question to Obama in the recent debates or interviews about the morality and questionable legality of drone strikes. I did not hear John Kerry raise his deep voice and call on the admin to stop blowing up these innocent women and children the way he did about house to house raids or waterboarding under Bush. Why not?
So while Obama and his gang continue to boast Al-Quaeda is on the run and GM is alive, I think the families of all of those butchered in Benghazi recently would beg to differ. I hope and pray we are not creating future terrorists against us by these drone tactics.'
http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg...
Torture such as waterboarding is not effective in obtaining information. Drones takes out the terrorist.
So, now, you're a bleeding heart for the Muslim women and children?
Why aren't you calling those children future terrorists? And those women; breeders?
You say American kids should be handcuffed in police stations at age 7; you say his future is Attica.
Get stuffed Jane, you're an effing hypocrit.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info