Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#854488 Feb 5, 2013
According to their own writings, Anna Kingsley and other biracial slaveowners advocated a color-blind society, not just because social and political equality were desirable in themselves. They fought for color-blind civil rights in order to safeguard slavery—in their eyes, a noble institution that could never, must never be allowed to die.

Do not misunderstand. We are not offering a new myth, reversing the myth taught in U.S. grade schools. Equating slave owning with racial tolerance would be equally puerile. We merely point out that whether one supported the “race” notion had nothing to do with whether one supported slavery. Many abolitionists (e.g.: William Garrison) zealously supported the “race” notion. Many others (e.g.: Frederick Douglass) opposed it. Many slaveowners (e.g.: Anna Kingsley) fought for a race-free society. Many others (e.g.: Alexander Stephens) believed in the “race” notion to their marrow, as do most Americans of every shade today.

The “race” notion (like religion or like patriotism) was used both to defend and to attack slavery. Bigoted slaveowners defended slavery with racist arguments, just as religious slaveowners defended it with the Old Testament, and patriotic ones quoted the Constitution. Bigoted abolitionists opposed slavery with racist arguments, just as religious abolitionists quoted the New Testament, and patriotic ones the Declaration of Independence.

SO OBAMA HAVING AFRICAN BLOOD MEANS NOTHING

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#854489 Feb 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it.
If an oil company makes a billion dollars in profit, handing then $200,000 is a subsidy.
If an oil company makes a billion dollars in profit, handing them a $200,000 tax break is not.
Right whiner thinking at its best
You still haven't given us the so-called "subsidy" the oil companies get.
You Democrats have been hammering that lie for so long, I'd think your defense of it would come right off the top of your pointy heads.
Tell us about those mythical subsidies to oil companies.
Exxon pays 12.3 billioni dollars in taxes to the federal government. They earn only 9.6 billion dollars from investment in the United States.
Where's that subsidy?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#854490 Feb 5, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you enlighten us on why the Republican congress cut funding for the security of US embassies abroad and perhaps how Obama or his defence dept was going to change anything on the outcome when nearest support was 2 hrs away. Do you think they might have taken a time out to wait for the cavalry to arrive ? This crap is typical tea bagger white noise, it has no factual background just a bunch of fox news wannabe's.
Sure. The embassy in Helsinki doesn't need a platoon of Marines.
Obviously, they needed a platoon of Marines in Benghazi.
Total funding was cut. I noticed I don't hear you say someting like, "every embassy staff was cut to the bone and the embassy in Libya, being the most volitale location in the world, had the largest contingent of Marines of all the embassies."

... well?????

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#854491 Feb 5, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
They are math and finance challenged. Be kind.
Exxon paid 12.3 billion dollars in taxes to the federal government.
Exxon earned 9.6 billion dollars from investment in the United States.

Where is that subsidy for oil companies?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#854492 Feb 5, 2013
History 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lessee... um... 199 plus 163.... equals... 362? Somebody missin' in there ain't they? Wait, I get it, you usin' that new southern math ain't you, boy?
At least you can Add those were just the total votes to cut embassy security they did not include the votes against cuts to embassy security!!

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#854493 Feb 5, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>U.S. Department of The Treasury.
The Department of the Treasury operates and maintains systems that are critical to the nation's financial infrastructure, such as the production of coin and currency, the disbursement of payments to the American public, revenue collection, and the borrowing of funds necessary to run the federal government.
http://www.treasury.gov/about/role-of-treasur...
So now we all know where the president will get the money to run the government.
... for the really, really slow people in the class.

Your answer is analogous to money growing on trees.

The Department of Treasury isn't a source fo money. The Department of Treasury is a repository for money collected from a source of money.
The Department of Treasury can't invent money, or conjure money out of thin air, and doesn't have a grove or trees out back where money grows on them.
Besides, the Department of Treasury is 16.5 trillion dollars in debt. It doesn't have any money.

So, where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?

You have to identify a REAL source of money to answer the question. The Department of Treasury is not a source of money. The Department of Treasury is a REPOSITORY for money collected from a source of money.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#854494 Feb 5, 2013
Truth is no SIN wrote:
According to their own writings, Anna Kingsley and other biracial slaveowners advocated a color-blind society, not just because social and political equality were desirable in themselves. They fought for color-blind civil rights in order to safeguard slavery—in their eyes, a noble institution that could never, must never be allowed to die.
Do not misunderstand. We are not offering a new myth, reversing the myth taught in U.S. grade schools. Equating slave owning with racial tolerance would be equally puerile. We merely point out that whether one supported the “race” notion had nothing to do with whether one supported slavery. Many abolitionists (e.g.: William Garrison) zealously supported the “race” notion. Many others (e.g.: Frederick Douglass) opposed it. Many slaveowners (e.g.: Anna Kingsley) fought for a race-free society. Many others (e.g.: Alexander Stephens) believed in the “race” notion to their marrow, as do most Americans of every shade today.
The “race” notion (like religion or like patriotism) was used both to defend and to attack slavery. Bigoted slaveowners defended slavery with racist arguments, just as religious slaveowners defended it with the Old Testament, and patriotic ones quoted the Constitution. Bigoted abolitionists opposed slavery with racist arguments, just as religious abolitionists quoted the New Testament, and patriotic ones the Declaration of Independence.
To you and me...
It means one hell of a lot to the 100 percent of black people who voted for him.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#854495 Feb 5, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
If you work in a bakery and earn $50k/year and are taxed at a rate of 28% but your neighbor who also earns $50/year but, as an employee in the subsidized shoe manufacturing industry, is taxed at a rate of 15% is he being subsidized?
The direct question is, what subsidies are you talking about?

Tell us about those subsidies.
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#854496 Feb 5, 2013
Truth is no SIN wrote:
Right, so when are we going to send the communist minded SOB and his anti-Amenrcan trash supporters their get the hell out of our country notice?

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#854497 Feb 5, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The Department of Treasury isn't a source fo money. The Department of Treasury is a repository for money collected from a source of money.
The Department of Treasury can't invent money, or conjure money out of thin air, and doesn't have a grove or trees out back where money grows on them.
Besides, the Department of Treasury is 16.5 trillion dollars in debt. It doesn't have any money.
You have to identify a REAL source of money to answer the question. The Department of Treasury is not a source of money. The Department of Treasury is a REPOSITORY for money collected from a source of money.
For a constitutionalist you don't seem to know very much about how it works. Article I, section 8 gives CONGRESS the power to tax and spend money, not the president. You have dodged this question for days and we can't make any progress until we at least agree on what the constitution says.
Can the President spend ONE DOLLAR without approval from the congress?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#854499 Feb 5, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
For a constitutionalist you don't seem to know very much about how it works. Article I, section 8 gives CONGRESS the power to tax and spend money, not the president. You have dodged this question for days and we can't make any progress until we at least agree on what the constitution says.
Can the President spend ONE DOLLAR without approval from the congress?
And you still haven't told us where the money will come from to pay for Obama's government. All you have to do is cite a simple source(s) of money. A source of money is a place that generates money, like someone working for a living being paid a portion of the money they generate. Or, the company that person works for, generating money through the economy. Or, the sale of federal lands to some country like, oh, for instance, China.

Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's govenment?

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#854500 Feb 5, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep asking where Obama gets his money.

The answer is the GD Treasury Department.

You have an answer in mind that you want & just are too stupid to ask the right question.

Loysville, PA

#854501 Feb 5, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You still haven't given us the so-called "subsidy" the oil companies get.
You Democrats have been hammering that lie for so long, I'd think your defense of it would come right off the top of your pointy heads.
Tell us about those mythical subsidies to oil companies.
Exxon pays 12.3 billioni dollars in taxes to the federal government. They earn only 9.6 billion dollars from investment in the United States.
Where's that subsidy?
So, Congress voted on ending these subsidies that you claim don't exist.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#854502 Feb 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You have an answer in mind that you want & just are too stupid to ask the right question.
A) It's not Obama's money. It's my money.
B) The Treasury Department isn't a source of moneey. It is only a repository for money. And, it doesn't have any money. It is 16.5 trillion dollars in debt.

I've read about taxing/seizing existing assets, something right out of Karl Marx's "Das Kapital". And, I've read about the Democrats setting up an unconstitutional government, aside from the Constitutional government that is required to be funded through Congress, to be funded by trillion dollar coins given to the Fed (assuming the Fed isn't broke, too... it's time we audit the Fed and find out if we really have any backing for our currency or not) and the Fed gives to this unconstitutional alternate government what it says is real money, which is right out of Machievelli's "The Prince". And I've read about plans to sell federal land (that is actually part of states) to China in exchange for payment on the debt.(Obama is about as ignorant as a person can get, but even he should know the federal government can't give part of a state to some foreign government.)

I cannot think of a source of enough money to pay for Obama's government. If I could think of a source for that much money, I'd suggest it as a way to avoid collapsing the government.
So, I'm asking the Democrats who are in control where they will get the money from to pay for Obama's government and prevent the collapse of the government.

What is their plan? They do have a plan, don't they? Please don't tell me they don't even have a plan.

Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#854503 Feb 5, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
And you still haven't told us where the money will come from to pay for Obama's government. All you have to do is cite a simple source(s) of money. A source of money is a place that generates money, like someone working for a living being paid a portion of the money they generate. Or, the company that person works for, generating money through the economy. Or, the sale of federal lands to some country like, oh, for instance, China.
Economics 101:
Before a debt is satisfied it must be determined WHO spent the money. Why would I be responsible for money that some idiot spent. In this case, using your loony illogic, you are trying to make the case that Obama is responsible for paying a debt that your Republican party accrued.
Make the ceiling in your bunker higher, it appears you keep hitting your head on it.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#854504 Feb 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, Congress voted on ending these subsidies that you claim don't exist.
What subsidies?
Tell us about these subsidies to oil companies.
Carols Big Vagina

Orlando, FL

#854505 Feb 5, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I suppose it's only right that I take this one since he is the biggest dick I've ever seen. Honey child, no one's talkin' to you anymore cause you so single-minded about the game you're playin'. OH! I know! I'll stand up now and you can rush over to what used to be "my" chair an' sit you ass down like a triumphant midget. But that's not going to make you any taller, honey? You're still gonna be a midget. I think we'd all better just stand back while you whisk the tablecloth off the table leaving the flowers and place settings intact. This will entail you answering your own question again, but that's old hat to an intellect as prodigious as yours! G'head, do it... do it now. Anybody wanna see DB's big trick now? Hmmmmmm? We're all ears, hun...

Loysville, PA

#854507 Feb 5, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Tax breaks are allowing people/companies to keep more of the money they earn. Not a subsidy. Only libtards would call allowing someone to keep the money they earn a subsidy.
Poor Flacktard.

Can't decide to get a 10% discount or a 10% instant rebate on his $200 purchase.

I mean, these two things are sooooooooooooooooooo different.

One way, he ends up with an extra $20 in his wallet and in the other way he ends up with an extra $20 in his wallet.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#854508 Feb 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot.
The Treasury Department isn't a source of money. It is a repository for money collected from a source of money. Saying "the Treasury Department" is like saying "from trees that grow money".

Unless, it is their plan to establish an unconstitutional government aside from the government defined in the Constitution, and mint trillion dollar coins to give to the Federal Reserve, who will give them what they claim is real money, and conduct government business unconstitutionally outside the authority of the government described in the Constitution.

Is that the plan?

I do think the people who came up with this idea are very uneducated. This is right out of Machievelli's "The Prince", and they don't even realize it.
How can you expect a group of people as ignorant as this to ever be able to maintain something as complex as the US government?

Is that the plan?
Then just say so.
Say, "Our plan is to establish an unconstitutional government and eliminate the constitutional government."

Loysville, PA

#854509 Feb 5, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
What subsidies?
Tell us about these subsidies to oil companies.
From the NY Times:

“The office of the House speaker, John A. Boehner, sent an e-mail to reporters citing an analysis by the Congressional Research Service last March that found that ending the subsidies could make oil and natural gas more expensive,”

Ending the what???????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr litesong 49,333
delhi female 1 hr yatharth 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Guru 182,106
Fight at Navy Pier 2 hr joey 1
abby 12-26 2 hr Mister Tonka 4
amy 12-26 2 hr Mister Tonka 4
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr KiMerde 51,292
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:00AM