Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
786,601 - 786,620 of 1,101,542 Comments Last updated 9 min ago
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#854163 Feb 5, 2013
Income PLUS
a) all tax exempt interest accrued or received in the taxable year;
b) the non-taxable portion of Social Security benefits provided under Title II of the Social Security Act which includes old-age benefits, disability benefits, spousal benefits, child benefits, survivor benefits and parental benefits;
c) tier 1 Railroad Retirement benefits that are not includible in gross income; and
d) the exclusion from gross income for citizens or residents living abroad.
The adoption of MAGI, created by the ACA, is defined in a new section of the IRS code.
Politicians, health care policy wonks and vested interests will brush aside the ACA’s adverse effects. You’ll hear that some have fallen through the cracks of health care reform but the problems can be easily tweaked. You will also witness the usual dog-and-pony show on Capitol Hill in which the two parties play the blame game. The bought-and-paid-for mainstream media will regurgitate whatever Washington feeds it, and TV talking heads will chime in, inviting their “experts” to analyze the situation while real people in the real world struggle to get by under this law or fall by the wayside.

Good luck everyone and watch out for the folding chairs.
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#854164 Feb 5, 2013
Spending Cuts: White House Zeros in on Medicare
Both President Obama and a top economic adviser have confirmed that Medicare, the federal program that underwrites the cost of health care for more than 50 million elderly and disabled people in the United States, is a prime target in the budget-cutting negotiations now going on behind the scenes in Washington.

While talks continue on social program cuts that will affect tens of millions and ultimately the majority of the American people, public attention is being diverted to a serious of secondary issues, such as prospective gun legislation. There was, for example, enormous media attention given to a photograph of Obama shooting skeet with a shotgun at Camp David, including a protracted debate over when the photograph was taken and whether the president could be said to be a hunter.

The real business of the Democrats and Republicans, however, is laid out in the Saturday radio addresses by Obama and a spokeswoman for the congressional Republicans, both of them calling for substantial cuts in domestic social spending.

Obama’s address repeated his empty claims of an economic recovery. He failed to note the radical divergence between the boom in business profits, stock prices and corporate CEO pay and the disastrous state of the job market, with workers’ wages and benefits continuing to decline.

Obama then turned to the question of the deficit, with his usual mixture of doubletalk and demagogy, declaring,“We all agree that it’s critical to cut unnecessary spending. But we can’t just cut our way to prosperity.”

In a passage from the brief address that was not quoted in media accounts, Obama continued,“Already, Republicans and Democrats have worked together to reduce our deficits by $2.5 trillion. That’s a good start. But to get the rest of the way, we need a balanced set of reforms. For example, we need to lower the cost of health care in programs like Medicare that are the biggest drivers of our deficit, without just passing the burden off to seniors.”

The last phrase is typical of Obama speechmaking, and of all the declarations by big business politicians in Washington. First, you signal to your corporate masters what you plan to do, i.e., make drastic cuts in Medicare. Then you reassure the victims of this policy that they aren’t really the target.

In truth, that is exactly what the White House and congressional Democrats and Republicans are planning. They will impose the burden of the fiscal deficit on the backs of the most vulnerable sections of the working class: the elderly, the disabled, young people and the poor.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#854165 Feb 5, 2013
Taxper wrote:
To stop the use of the government as a weapon, Americans needs to reduce the government to 1 tenth of what it is now. To stop are enemy’s from using the government to swindle and plunder, we need to remove that power. We need to stop the legislation from being use to legalize plunder. We need to stop law from stealing from Americans that which belongs to them, and, given to those who it does not belong to. This act, if perform by any individual would be a crime. This action perform by the mafia is a crime. We need to abolish these laws and the power to make them without delay.
This organizing of legalized plunder, is powered be the delusion of the day when all class will be enriched, at the expense of freedom and each other. It is the organization of tariffs, protection, perquisites, progressive taxes, free public education, right to wages, right to assistance, right to labor etc. Hence, the infinite multitude of plans for legalized plunder. All these plans, taken as a whole with what they have in common, they are Socializes Communism. The enemy and slave master of all free people.
"our"
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#854166 Feb 5, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing idn't it?
Mornin' Homer.
I'm having a problem, maybe you can help ...
Should I vote for the party that says I have no legal rights and that they can imprison and torture me at will or do I vote for the party that says I have no legal rights and that they can execute me at will? I'm kinda leaning towards death over torture and imprisonment.
Need an answer, 2014's just around the corner.
Perhaps the State Department should have revoked Awalikis citizenship before he was killed. That's what this is about.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#854167 Feb 5, 2013
"Not Surprized"]Whoa folks, wait a minute here. I rarely log on to Topix anymore (too tedious), but I DID read a few pages of this forum. I am a Topix old timer, having been a posting veteran since 2007. Let me clear you guys up on something: "WARTURD/WAXMAN" and "FLORIDA" are a bi-racial gay COUPLE that live together in CT. "FLORIDA" is anglo (but pathetically tries really hard to sound urban & tough), while WARTURDS/WAXBALLS (the SOCIOPATHIC-PSYCHO-RACIST) is negro.
They have been notorious trolls on the gay sites for a long time, and it was in the earlier days of Topix (when they had actual profiles w/pics) that they outed themselves. They usually get on Topix at the same time sharing their ignorance at the same time. Given as they look like a cross between eggplants and Ooompa Loompas from Willie Wonka, they were usually laughed out of the forum (or just ignored). I am really finding it hard to believe some are legitimately debating with these intellectual lightweight, ID CHANGING, ID STEALING KNUCKLE DRAGGING, TOPIX TROLL CLOSET CASES.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#854168 Feb 5, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>it took you 20 minutes to write this, and now you've gone and missed the morning coffee truck.
Actually it took me about 3 seconds, you must type with 1 finger or possibly your thumb or a toe.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#854169 Feb 5, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Presumably he was in the White House, or do you have proof to the contrary?
Again, show me proof regarding 'AC-130 and Marine Force Recon units specifically prepositioned'(doubtful you can, I would think stuff like that would be classified), also show me proof as to who gave orders to disregard their default orders, and of course show me a copy of this video.
I will patiently await links to all this information, otherwise I will assume like most of this sh!t you post you made this all up.
"presumably" ??????????
Al Qaeda is attacking us for 7 hours. The real-time video is being watched in the White House.

http://www.captainsjournal.com/2012/11/03/so-...

This is just one of a hundred articles describing the assets available. Get off your ass and actually look for some truth, dupe.

If you actually look into the matter beyond what you're programmed to say in your indoctrinatino sessions, you'll see that one of the former SEALs was actively painting the target. That means that Specter WAS ON STATION! Probably an AC130U. A ground laser designator is not a briefing pointer laser. You do not “paint” a target until the weapons system/designator is synched; which means that the AC130 was on station.

Here is the Commandant and Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps visiting the Force Recon Marine unit specifically prepositioned in Sigonella to respond to an attack on the embassy in Libya in July, 2012.

http://www.marforaf.marines.mil/News/NewsArti...

If you actually were interested in truth, you'd have already read all of this and it would be obvious to you the White House hung the Americans out to dry in Benghazi while they watched Al Qaeda kill them on the real-time video feed.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#854170 Feb 5, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>i vote we skip Zimbabwe.
You'd better get your son locked up quick before he murders you
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#854172 Feb 5, 2013
Truth is no SIN wrote:
The Carving-Up of Africa Has Begun
Dr. Francis Boyle, renowned professor of international law (University of Illinois, Champaign), says the 2011 “Libya attack was designed to allow the U.S. and NATO to project power southward into Africa,” and led directly to western military intervention in Mali.“What we are seeing is a new ‘Berlin Conference’ carve-up of Africa, to loot and plunder its natural resources,” said Boyle, whose new book is titled Destroying Libya and World Order.
Should read the re-carving of Africa shouldn't it?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#854173 Feb 5, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
I'm no longer responding or commenting on DBWriter's posts until I get some answers to my previous post to him.
If you attempt to dodge answering a question by asking a question, I just go back to the original questions you dodged. For instance, the questions you've been dodging for a month now:

Where was Obama during the 7-goddam-hour battle between Al Qaeda and the stripped-down American embassy security detatchment in Benghazi when orders with presidential authority came from the White House to hang the Americans in Benghazi out to dry while the White House watched Al Qaeda kill them on the live video feed?

And;

Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?

When you answer these questions, then we can get to the questions you posed in your predictable attempt to digress and avoid admitting Obama is a clown act.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#854174 Feb 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
A failure would have been to ignore Libya as morons like you suggested.
You would cower under your bed instead of kill the man who attacked us on 9-11. How f*cking pathetic can you get?
In Libya, Obama joined forces with and supplied weapons to Al Qaeda to interfere in the civil war to depose Qaddafi. Then we suffered the attack on the consulate in Benghazi while trying to recover the weapons.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#854175 Feb 5, 2013
Early Tuesday afternoon, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor plans to deliver a major speech kicking off his latest attempt at revitalizing the Republican Party brand.

If this sounds vaguely familiar to you, it's not your imagination. As Politico's Jake Sherman and Jonathan Allen point out, this isn't Cantor's first rodeo when it comes to brand rebuilding—it will be his fourth. In 2009, there was the National Council for a New America, in 2010 there was the "Young Guns", and in 2011 there was "cut-and-grow."

Sadly for Cantor, in 2012 his efforts were rewarded with the reelection of President Barack Obama, a larger Democratic majority in the Senate, and a smaller Republican majority in the House. But now it's 2013 and it's apparently time for the fourth generation of Eric Cantor, GOP Brand Rebuilder™. So, on Tuesday morning, Cantor explained to CBS News what will be different this time:

What this is about is about making sure that we can express why we're doing what we're doing ... what it is more is explaining why we're doing what we're doing.

Aha. So instead of doing something about being wrong, this time Eric Cantor thinks House Republicans need to do a better job of explaining why they are wrong. Great plan, sir. It worked so well the last three times you tried it.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/02/05/1184...

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#854176 Feb 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So we are in Afghanistan fighting Al qaeda & you think Bush invaded Iraq, who had no Al Qaeda, in order to attract Al Qaeda so as to kill them there.
What, Al Qaeda would go to Iraq & not Afghanistan? Maybe we can kill them better in Iraq?
You are dumber than sh*t.
The raid to get Bin Laden was risky due to relations with Pakistan. We had to be sure he was there.
I laugh at you f*cking bozo right whiners who think we should have allowed Bin Laden to live because you are too afraid to kill him.
But if Bush would have not called him irrelevant & actually killed Bin Laden - you'd be dancing in the streets.
Many adults realize Al Qaeda is just one, of many, armed wings of Islam, a sub-group, just like the SS was to the Nazis.

Many adults also realize it took time to track Osama and eventually, it was dumped in Obama's lap, eeek!- he HAD to do something. Beverly gave him permission and after careful vacillation Barry said,"O..(stammer)...(gul p)....K." Powerful stuff. Shortly thereafter, Obama danced in the streets.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#854178 Feb 5, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Early Tuesday afternoon, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor plans to deliver a major speech kicking off his latest attempt at revitalizing the Republican Party brand.
If this sounds vaguely familiar to you, it's not your imagination. As Politico's Jake Sherman and Jonathan Allen point out, this isn't Cantor's first rodeo when it comes to brand rebuilding—it will be his fourth. In 2009, there was the National Council for a New America, in 2010 there was the "Young Guns", and in 2011 there was "cut-and-grow."
Sadly for Cantor, in 2012 his efforts were rewarded with the reelection of President Barack Obama, a larger Democratic majority in the Senate, and a smaller Republican majority in the House. But now it's 2013 and it's apparently time for the fourth generation of Eric Cantor, GOP Brand Rebuilder™. So, on Tuesday morning, Cantor explained to CBS News what will be different this time:
What this is about is about making sure that we can express why we're doing what we're doing ... what it is more is explaining why we're doing what we're doing.
Aha. So instead of doing something about being wrong, this time Eric Cantor thinks House Republicans need to do a better job of explaining why they are wrong. Great plan, sir. It worked so well the last three times you tried it.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/02/05/1184...
You still have not told us why the ghettos and projects are magnets for blacks??
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#854179 Feb 5, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
When rural county sheriffs like Michael Dixon of Osage County fire off emotionally charged missives proclaiming that they will fight federal overreach on gun control laws, that’s generally good retail politics, the kind that gets a honk and a wave from a gun-toting, pickup-driving voter. But there are consequences to painting oneself as the protector of one tortured interpretation of one sentence in the Constitution while treating the rest of the document as though it were written in invisible ink.
Consider Arizona’s crusty old Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, who was harmless enough when putting prisoners in pink underwear, but not so much when he found himself in violation of numerous federal laws for basically ignoring those parts of the Constitution that don’t involve protecting guns or trying to prove whether the president was born in this country.
So when Mr. Dixon and others like him foolishly suggest that they will stand against any and all gun control actions taken by the federal government, they do little more than explain to their constituents how little they know of the Constitution.
http://www.stltoday.com/news/opinion/columns/...
Guess I missed the part where Joe Arpaio was found guilty of anything.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#854180 Feb 5, 2013
Top Donors to Republicans Seek More Say in Senate Races

The biggest donors in the Republican Party are financing a new group to recruit seasoned candidates and protect Senate incumbents from challenges by far-right conservatives and Tea Party enthusiasts who Republican leaders worry could complicate the party’s efforts to win control of the Senate.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/03/us/politics...
TSM

El Paso, TX

#854181 Feb 5, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Homer has some Stupid Grease so you can get unstuck.
Homer, can ya help a brother out?
Death I love to help you, but they haven’t come up with a vaccine to cure Stupidity!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#854182 Feb 5, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Does the Texas job machine have a fatal flaw?
As Gov. Rick Perry ramps up his campaign for the presidency, critics are seizing on the fact that the state has created hundreds of thousands of minimum-wage jobs during his tenure, including many without benefits.
Texas and Mississippi have the highest share of this low-paid workforce: 9.5 percent of all hourly employees were paid the minimum wage or less last year, compared with 6 percent of workers nationwide.
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2011/08/17/121018/...
In The New York Times, five writers debated the Texas job juggernaut, and one headline captured this theme: "Texas or the Third World?"
Governor Rick Perry was in San Diego last week recruiting California high-tech companies to move to or expand in Texas because of the tax advantages.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#854184 Feb 5, 2013
GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>And the Gap continues to widen in Texas. Texas has the highest rate per population working for minimum wage. They also have the highest in the nation of citizens without health insurance.
Texas has 6.1% unemployment, substantially below the national average.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#854186 Feb 5, 2013
Dave Chappelle wrote:
<quoted text>
"Semenary School," huh? I like it. Deliberate? Whatever, I'm stealin' it!
Insight told me you would.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 13 min Pippa 97,967
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 22 min litesong 46,382
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 27 min LRS 177,529
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 40 min KiMare 49,508
Abby 9-2 48 min Pippa 11
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr RACE 4,667
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr RACE 1,263
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••