Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#854292 Feb 5, 2013
Truth is no SIN wrote:
January 23, 1980
Carter announces the "Carter Doctrine" in his State of the Union address, asserting that threats to the Persian Gulf region will be viewed as "an assault of the vital interests of the United States."
April 18, 1977
In an address to the nation, Carter calls his program of energy conservation the "moral equivalent of war."
"Our decision about energy will test the character of the American people and the ability of the President and the Congress to govern. This difficult effort will be the "moral equivalent of war" -- except that we will be uniting our efforts to build and not destroy."

He was talking about conservation & Moving away from oil.
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#854293 Feb 5, 2013
A War in the Planning for Four Years
HOW STUPID DO THEY THINK WE ARE?

Zbigniew Brzezinski and the CFR [Council on Foreign Relations] Put War Plans In a 1997 Book - It Is "A Blueprint for World Dictatorship," Says a Former German Defense and NATO Official Who Warned of Global Domination in 1984,
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#854294 Feb 5, 2013
"THE GRAND CHESSBOARD - American Primacy And It's Geostrategic Imperatives," Zbigniew Brzezinski, Basic Books, 1997.

These are the very first words in the book: "Ever since the continents started interacting politically, some five hundred years ago, Eurasia has been the center of world power."- p. xiii. Eurasia is all of the territory east of Germany and Poland, stretching all the way through Russia and China to the Pacific Ocean. It includes the Middle East and most of the Indian subcontinent. The key to controlling Eurasia, says Brzezinski, is controlling the Central Asian Republics. And the key to controlling the Central Asian republics is Uzbekistan. Thus, it comes as no surprise that Uzbekistan was forcefully mentioned by President George W. Bush in his address to a joint session of Congress, just days after the attacks of September 11, as the very first place that the U.S. military would be deployed.

As FTW has documented in previous stories, major deployments of U.S. and British forces had taken place before the attacks. And the U.S. Army and the CIA had been active in Uzbekistan for several years. There is now evidence that what the world is witnessing is a cold and calculated war plan - at least four years in the making - and that, from reading Brzezinski's own words about Pearl Harbor, the World Trade Center attacks were just the trigger needed to set the final conquest in motion.

Loysville, PA

#854295 Feb 5, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"Lighter duty police" sounds like washed-up retreads who should be replaced by capable officers.
Ignoring crimes against property just encourages more such crimes.
They are not ignored but rather taken care of more efficiently.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#854296 Feb 5, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama didn't have a clue the operation was happening. He thought he'd be playing golf all goddam day that day. Now, give me a break here. The president is going to invade an allied country and kill bin Laden, and he's going to go golfing?
You really don't have a clue in the world what has to happen to cover all the bases for an op like that. Yet, here you are spewing the most ignorant crap on this site.
You are an idiot.
Easy on the insults pal, understand what you're reading and notice who wrote it. Don't make me conclude what the D stands for.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#854297 Feb 5, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't imagine him getting re elected.
most of Florida agrees.

hence another GOP Governor capitulation to the Tea Party principles so the sane folks will let him continue to live on the government dole whilst he plays etch-a-sketch.

Loysville, PA

#854299 Feb 5, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a big difference between using drones for military operations in places where we are involved in such operations versus using drones for targeted assassinations of specific individuals, particularly American citizens who have not been convicted of any crime.
So, although one can be peased to see some of these individuals dead, the process raises serious questions about the power of one man to order the killing of other Americans. Perhaps future targets will be political opponents?
If Al Qaeda has a base in Yemen where they are recruiting suicide bombers & sending then to attack US assets then I say blow them away with a drone.

No different that shooting a gunman in a clock tower.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#854300 Feb 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Urban is another word for blacks and hispanics. Interesting.
might as well be, but that wasn't the intent of the article.

but it was mine. the space between the lines is very large.
DBs Mama

Orlando, FL

#854301 Feb 5, 2013
Oh, there you are, son, your stepfather and me been looking everywhere for you. Now I know you have these episodes from time to time but I just wanted to find you and let you know that I spoke with the Sheriff and he says you can come back home if you agree to put the ankle monitor back on. Please just do it, son, and don't make a big fuss, my old heart couldn't stand no more trouble, and Earl'd kill you, you know that.

I carried you for 8 months, borned you, and raised you as best I could, son, and I mean to see it through to the end no matter how painful. But do you suppose you could spare a thought for me and Earl once in a while? And your step-sister, Emmy, asked about you too, she says she recognized your picture on America's Most Wanted, ha ha, I told her it couldn't've been you cause nobody but me ever wanted you.

DB, honey, you had it all. Don't you remember? You was the smartest child in Sunday School. Whenever Pastor Henry - it's Henrietta now, son, I thought you'd best hear it from me - whenever Pastor Henry used to shout out, "Do y'all believe?" You were the first one to shout back the right answer over and over! I was so proud. It did get a little repetitive sometimes but time has a way of smoothing over that sort of stuff.

I knew that woman was trouble, DB, now don't shush me, I got a right to speak my mind, son. That woman was trash and she still is and she done you dirt, DB, plain and simple. You were right to go off like you did, clear your head, take a little time to get things straight again. But folks're asking questions, hon, and, since you're not here to answer them, and since you only ever got the one answer for just about everything, they're starting to guess their own answers might be the right ones. You're embarrassing me, honey. I bought the Karlson's a new sheep and a goat, but that don't stop them talking about it every darned day.

Come back soon, son, we love you and miss you. I hope this letter finds you well, and God Bless.

Love,

Mama and Earl
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#854302 Feb 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Hyperbole. It only bothers you because it is a Democratic President; especially President Obama.
As mentioned many times; let the CIA and military do their job; we don't need to know everything. If we had drones in 1960, Castro wouldn't around now.
Why not take out Castro with a drone now?
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#854303 Feb 5, 2013
There's a quote often attributed to Allen Dulles after it was noted that the final 1964 report of the Warren Commission on the assassination of JFK contained dramatic inconsistencies. Those inconsistencies, in effect, disproved the Commission's own final conclusion that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone on November 22, 1963. Dulles, a career spy, Wall Street lawyer, the CIA director whom JFK had fired after the 1961 Bay of Pigs fiasco - and the Warren Commission member who took charge of the investigation and final report - is reported to have said, "The American people don't read."

Some Americans do read. So do Europeans and Asians and Africans and Latin Americans.

Loysville, PA

#854304 Feb 5, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because dumbass Dave says so?
He lost a court ruling saying he could no longer use racial profiling.

Joe, the racist POS. No wonder you right whiners love him.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#854305 Feb 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Hyperbole. It only bothers you because it is a Democratic President; especially President Obama.
As mentioned many times; let the CIA and military do their job; we don't need to know everything. If we had drones in 1960, Castro wouldn't around now.
OK. So, enhanced interrogation is OK as long as we don't know about it.
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#854306 Feb 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
"Our decision about energy will test the character of the American people and the ability of the President and the Congress to govern. This difficult effort will be the "moral equivalent of war" -- except that we will be uniting our efforts to build and not destroy."
He was talking about conservation & Moving away from oil.
So he spoke out of the two sides of his mouth forked tongue
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#854307 Feb 5, 2013
The Armed Services Committee’s Bizarre Priorities

Gene Healy observes that the Armed Services Committee ignored its oversight responsibilities last week:

Eight hours of questioning by the Senate Armed Services Committee allowed plenty of bloviating, grandstanding and browbeating — but, apparently, not enough time for serious deliberation over key policy questions facing any new Pentagon chief.

On Thursday, Buzzfeed.com tallied up the issues the committee prioritized. In a hearing transcript running to nearly 60,000 words, the word “drone” doesn’t show up even once.

Regardless of what one thinks about Hagel’s nomination, this is what should bother everyone about the spectacle that unfolded last Thursday. Committee members had the opportunity to scrutinize the administration’s conduct of an ongoing foreign war, its use of drones, and its handling of relationships with allies and clients. All of this received cursory treatment when it was brought up at all. Israel received far more attention from members of both parties than the country where U.S. soldiers are still fighting. As Brandon Friedman put it:

It’s difficult to interpret this message any other way: the Senate Armed Services Committee—particularly its Republican membership—is more concerned with the apparent American defense secretary’s relationship with Israel than with the future of Afghanistan, Pakistan, and the fate of U.S. troops engaged in both locations.

No matter what your views on Israel or the U.S.-Israel relationship are, that reflects a bizarre and dangerous set of priorities.

A semi-competent opposition would have used the occasion for oversight instead of wasting time parsing old reports and Al Jazeera interviews to try to catch Hagel in an ideological error. A sane confirmation process would have required that almost all of the committee’s time be spent finding out how well the nominee understood issues relevant to the department he would be managing. Instead, the vast majority of the committee’s time was wasted on ideological litmus tests that served no useful purpose, and the interests of the American public, our military, and the country were all short-changed in the process.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...

Loysville, PA

#854308 Feb 5, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you did, you backed off on Afghanastan.
The Democrats had people on committees that had access to the same information Bush had.
You Anti-American Democrats just politicized the wars, plain & simple, scumbag.
You seem extra angry & upset today. Didn't get your welfare check yet?
The CIA is under white House control, dipstick.

George Bush lied to go to war.

I see you;'re still giving people the finger when they aren't looking. How pathetic.

Loysville, PA

#854309 Feb 5, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You don't.
So you are denying that there are any oil industry subsidies?
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#854310 Feb 5, 2013
World events since the attacks of September 11, 2001 have not only been predicted, but also planned, orchestrated and - as their architects would like to believe - controlled. The current Central Asian war is not a response to terrorism, nor is it a reaction to Islamic fundamentalism. It is in fact, in the words of one of the most powerful men on the planet, the beginning of a final conflict before total world domination by the United States leads to the dissolution of all national governments. This, says Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) member and former Carter National Security Advisor, Zbigniew Brzezinski, will lead to nation states being incorporated into a new world order, controlled solely by economic interests as dictated by banks, corporations and ruling elites concerned with the maintenance (by manipulation and war) of their power. As a means of intimidation for the unenlightened reader who happens upon this frightening plan - the plan of the CFR - Brzezinski offers the alternative of a world in chaos unless the U.S. controls the planet by whatever means are necessary and likely to succeed.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#854311 Feb 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
He lost a court ruling saying he could no longer use racial profiling.
Joe, the racist POS. No wonder you right whiners love him.
Just because dumbass Dave says so?
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#854312 Feb 5, 2013
DEMOCRATS ARE ADVISED BY A man who operates with precision and mastery in the dialogue of public policy decision making is Zbigniew Brzezinski; former National Security Advisor to President Carter (a Democrat), co-founder of the Tri-lateral Commission and registered Republican. In his now infamous book titled The Grand Chessboard, published in 1997, Brzezinski laid out the geo-strategic importance of the Middle East and Central Asia as being the regions where the next major global conflict(s) would take place. In this book Brzezinski says the “imperial mobilization” necessary to commandeer the world’s remaining hydrocarbon reserves would be hard to embark upon without a catastrophic and catalyzing event on par with Pearl Harbor.
A group of men who call themselves the “neo-cons” took up Brzezinski’s chessboard and created The Project for a New American Century (PNAC). In 2000 these men took the Whitehouse. The neo-cons also recognized that a “catastrophic and catalyzing event, like a new Pearl Harbor,” would benefit their dreams of imperial mobilization. Well, the new Pearl Harbor they all publicly prayed for came and went, and just as they had predicted, it helped to speed up the process of American imperial mobilization.
But now Brzezinski is singing a much different tune. When Israel embarked on its failed war in Southern Lebanon, Brzezinski publicly stated the following on numerous occasions:
These neocon prescriptions, of which Israel has its equivalents, are fatal for America and ultimately for Israel. They will totally turn the overwhelming majority of the Middle East’s population against the United States. The lessons of Iraq speak for themselves. Eventually, if neo-con policies continue to be pursued, the United States will be expelled from the region and that will be the beginning of the end for Israel as well.
Brzezinski publicly voiced this strong opinion on July 20, 2006 – about one week after Israel invaded Lebanon – at The New American Foundation American Strategy Program, where Daniel Yergin sits on the Board of Directors.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 22 min Dale 182,176
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 29 min Mandela 71,270
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Religionthebiglie 51,304
Fight at Navy Pier 1 hr joey 2
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr positronium 49,362
Adult Nursing Relationships (May '11) 3 hr Tim 146
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr Breezy _Soul 4,797
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:03 am PST

NBC Sports 6:03AM
Jim Caldwell: No concerns about starting a rookie center
Bleacher Report 8:46 AM
What Are Experts Saying About Vikings?
NBC Sports11:28 AM
Bears extend Roberto Garza through 2015
NBC Sports 7:32 AM
Full-blown Bears house-cleaning could be coming
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
Could Cutler, Shanahan Reunion Work for Jets?