Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
786,361 - 786,380 of 1,078,903 Comments Last updated 10 min ago
Truth is no SIN

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Malcolm X’s Grandson Malcolm Shabazz Arrested By FBI Traveling To Tehran
Via Digital Journal

The FBI has apparently arrested the grandson of controversial civil rights leader, and former representative of the Nation of Islam, Malcolm X according to reports from Press TV.

Malcolm Lateef Shabazz is 29-years-old and was born in Paris to Malcolm X’s second daughter Qubilah. According to MEHR News Malcolm Shabazz was arrested while traveling to Tehran for the Hollywoodism International Conference. No reason was given for the arrest, and Shabazz’s current location is unknown.

The arrest coincides with Lifetimes airing of “Betty & Coretta” a dramatization of the relationship between Betty Shabazz, Malcolm’s grandmother, and Coretta Scott King the widow of the legendary civil rights activist Martin Luther King Jr. The film stars Mary J. Blige and Angela Bassett.

February 21st also marks the 48th anniversary of the 1965 assassination of Malcolm X in New York City. Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated only three years later, both men were only 39-years-old when they were murdered.

In 1997 12-year-old Malcolm Lateef Shabazz plead guilty to charges of manslaughter and arson in connection to the death of his grandmother Betty Shabazz, with whom he had been living with following several disputes with his mother.

No reason for arrest? Sounds like the FBI might be up to some shady shenanigans. We’ll have more as details emerge. Hold ya head brotha Shabazz

Read more at http://bossip.com/721598/arrests-malcolm-xs-g...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit. You obviously missed the followup.
No I didn't miss the followup dummy, I simply dismissed it just as I dismiss all your other bullshyte. Frankly you weren't all that hot on your Eastern PA knowledge either and had no fkn clue about your Texas proxy which disappeared when you switched to CA.

Let's review K? You were blowing smoke about doctors refusing to see MediCare patients and how hospitals would be closing due to the ACA and I called your dumbazz out.

Then per usual you tried to cover your lies with more lies.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Better watch out people they got their eyes on your retirement accounts!!!$19.5 trillion dollars in private retirement accounts and the federal government is salivating to get their hands on it.All in the guise of protecting the people from greedy market people of course. That $19.5 trillion will let them borrow a whole lot of new money. Beware!!! That's why I don't have any.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

A serious question. Hoping for a serious answer.

I f a drug mule can hump a 80lb bale of pot across the southwest border whats to stop them from bring a STA missiles or a suitcase nuke. Or several mules bringing in who knows what.
Truth is no SIN

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

OBAMA THE SLAVE LABOR PRESIDENT Prisoners earning 23 cents an hour in U.S. federal prisons are manufacturing high-tech electronic components for Patriot Advanced Capability 3 missiles, launchers for TOW (Tube-launched, Optically tracked, Wire-guided) anti-tank missiles, and other guided missile systems. A March article by journalist and financial researcher Justin Rohrlich of World in Review is worth a closer look at the full implications of this ominous development.( minyanville.com )

The expanding use of prison industries, which pay slave wages, as a way to increase profits for giant military corporations, is a frontal attack on the rights of all workers.

Prison labor — with no union protection, overtime pay, vacation days, pensions, benefits, health and safety protection, or Social Security withholding — also makes complex components for McDonnell Douglas/Boeing’s F-15 fighter aircraft, the General Dynamics/Lockheed Martin F-16, and Bell/Textron’s Cobra helicopter. Prison labor produces night-vision goggles, body armor, camouflage uniforms, radio and communication devices, and lighting systems and components for 30-mm to 300-mm battleship anti-aircraft guns, along with land mine sweepers and electro-optical equipment for the BAE Systems Bradley Fighting Vehicle’s laser rangefinder. Prisoners recycle toxic electronic equipment and overhaul military vehicles.

Labor in federal prisons is contracted out by UNICOR, previously known as Federal Prison Industries, a quasi-public, for-profit corporation run by the Bureau of Prisons. In 14 prison factories, more than 3,000 prisoners manufacture electronic equipment for land, sea and airborne communication. UNICOR is now the U.S. government’s 39th largest contractor, with 110 factories at 79 federal penitentiaries.

The majority of UNICOR’s products and services are on contract to orders from the Department of Defense. Giant multinational corporations purchase parts assembled at some of the lowest labor rates in the world, then resell the finished weapons components at the highest rates of profit. For example, Lockheed Martin and Raytheon Corporation subcontract components, then assemble and sell advanced weapons systems to the Pentagon.

Increased profits, unhealthy workplaces
Truth is no SIN

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

The prison work is often dangerous, toxic and unprotected. At FCC Victorville, a federal prison located at an old U.S. airbase, prisoners clean, overhaul and reassemble tanks and military vehicles returned from combat and coated in toxic spent ammunition, depleted uranium dust and chemicals.

A federal lawsuit by prisoners, food service workers and family members at FCI Marianna, a minimum security women’s prison in Florida, cited that toxic dust containing lead, cadmium, mercury and arsenic poisoned those who worked at UNICOR’s computer and electronic recycling factory.

Prisoners there worked covered in dust, without safety equipment, protective gear, air filtration or masks. The suit explained that the toxic dust caused severe damage to nervous and reproductive systems, lung damage, bone disease, kidney failure, blood clots, cancers, anxiety, headaches, fatigue, memory lapses, skin lesions, and circulatory and respiratory problems. This is one of eight federal prison recycling facilities — employing 1,200 prisoners — run by UNICOR.

After years of complaints the Justice Department’s Office of the Inspector General and the Federal Occupational Health Service concurred in October 2008 that UNICOR has jeopardized the lives and safety of untold numbers of prisoners and staff.(Prison Legal News, Feb. 17, 2009)

Racism & U.S. prisons

The U.S. imprisons more people per capita than any country in the world. With less than 5 percent of the world population, the U.S. imprisons more than 25 percent of all people imprisoned in the world.

There are more than 2.3 million prisoners in federal, state and local prisons in the U.S. Twice as many people are under probation and parole. Many tens of thousands of other prisoners include undocumented immigrants facing deportation, prisoners awaiting sentencing and youthful offenders in categories considered reform or detention.

The racism that pervades every aspect of life in capitalist society — from jobs, income and housing to education and opportunity — is most brutally reflected by who is caught up in the U.S. prison system.

More than 60 percent of U.S. prisoners are people of color. Seventy percent of those being sentenced under the three strikes law in California — which requires mandatory sentences of 25 years to life after three felony convictions — are people of color. Nationally, 39 percent of African-American men in their 20s are in prison, on probation or on parole. The U.S. imprisons more people than South Africa did under apartheid.(Linn Washington,“Incarceration Nation”)

The U.S. prison population is not only the largest in the world — it is relentlessly growing. The U.S. prison population is more than five times what it was 30 years ago.

In 1980, when Ronald Reagan became president, there were 400,000 prisoners in the U.S. Today the number exceeds 2.3 million. In California the prison population soared from 23,264 in 1980 to 170,000 in 2010. The Pennsylvania prison population climbed from 8,243 to 51,487 in those same years. There are now more African-American men in prison, on probation or on parole than were enslaved in 1850, before the Civil War began, according to Law Professor Michelle Alexander in the book “The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness.”

obama the darling of the GLOBALISTS he is no friend to BLACK PEOPLE

“"festivus lentel"”

Since: Feb 13

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Well, I guess there's no harm in telling you carol, but, no, I don't have a BA. I didn''t even graduate from high school. The reason for that at the time was because my high school chose me for an experimental program over at the local community college (personally I think they just wanted to get rid of me.) Anyways, midway though my junior year of high school I started over at the college and a month later I was a full time student and the freshman class president. I'm like you, carol, I hate talking about this stuff but, you did inquire and I guess since I've got your CV you should have mine.

I had a busy schedule as a speaker for staged debates hosted by the League of Women Voters. I guess they picked me because I was the only high school freshman to be elected as head of the Debate team and, with the help of my teammates of course, won the Massachusetts State Debating Championship held at U Mass every year. I had the distinction of achieving the only perfect score in the contest's history but I'm not sure if that record still stands?

When I emerged from community college a year and a half later I had an associate's degree in theatre of all things. The Theater Dept at U Mass would come to my little school to study my lights and sets and the director of my school's program arranged for me to attend Carnegie Mellon's Theater school in the fall. I visited the school and was unimpressed. Plus I had my own design business in Massachusetts at that time and a stunningly beautiful girlfriend, Amy, whom I adored, so I declined the offer.

In the meantime my high school biology teacher - an Harvard alumnus - informed me that he was allowed to recommend one student for a full scholarship every year and he was offering it to me. The reason he was doing so was because he knew I taught animal biology at the Berkshire Museum after school and on Saturdays to other children and had become somewhat of an adolescent celebrity as a result. But I turned him down gracefully as well.

I applied and was accepted at The Cooper Union - a full scholarship only school at that time - as an Art major. What I really liked to do was to paint naked women, alternately, to slather us both with paint. I did one year there and was hired by the Honorable Desmond Guinness to design and remodel a house he'd purchased in Ireland. This house: http://www.castletownhouse.ie/

I was a little out of my depth to be honest, I was after all, 18 years old, but I forged ahead anyway and managed to not entirely embarrass myself, though it was a close thing. My portion of that project took over a year.

During that year I married for some reason and joined two fox hunts : the Kildares and the Naas Harriers. High times all round, eh what? But, in your fashion dear you nailed it, I wasn't in school where I should have been by rights. But then I got this job, it's for sale still I think, but too much for me despite the economy over there. http://medievalnews.blogspot.com/2010/03/cast...
I spent a year designing and building the Health Club facilities and about six months on the Pub in the basement. This was handy for me since my wife and I lived across the street.

I spent another two years there, I won't bore you with the details, but after four years of working in Europe for various Lords, Ladies, Bishops, Generals, and Barons, I considered myself pretty well spoken and quite highly skilled, carol. I may have overestimated my skills somewhat, who knows? In any event by the time you "graduated" from whatever mid-western school that was you mentioned - with honors I'm told... oh, dear, I do run on...
Truth is no SIN

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

THIS IS THE SYSTEM DEMOCRATS SET UP FOR BLACK PEOPLE MIDDLE FINGER LILY LIBS AND 3/5 DEMOCRATS There are now more African-American men in prison, on probation or on parole than were enslaved in 1850, before the Civil War began, according to Law Professor Michelle Alexander in the book “The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness.”

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I had said that. But, I'm not someone you intended to reference.
Obama was so in touch with the operation to invade an allied country and kill bin Laden, he thought he'd be playing golf all goddam day that day. That's how much he was in touch with everything.
About 40 minutes before the SEAL team landed, it was leaked to Vallerie Jarrett that the operation was happening. She immediately issued an abort order with presidential authority (which Panetta ignored) and summoned Obama from the golf course. Obama didn't go to the operations center. He went straight to Vallerie Jarrett's office, which is immediately adjacent to the Oval Office.
That is the "longest 40 minutes" Obama references when he mentioned it. He didn't even have a clue the mission was going to happen.
You can bet that really pissed Vallerie Jarrett off. You can bet she would make sure there would not be another issue like that.
After that, Vallerie Jarrett had to make amends to the terrorists....
On the very next "secret" mission of SEAL Team Six, the helicopter was descending to the "secret" disembarkation point right into the sights of a lone Taliban waiting for them with a rocket launcher.
Still lying.

Obama approved the plan & was in the "room" when it went down.

No one sot down any helicopters during the rad.

Look.

I now you freakin right whiners are embarrassed that your hero George W Bush didn't get Bin Laden. After all, Bush had declared him irrelevant & abandoned the search to make up a war about oil.

So now you have to make up stuff. Pathetic
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Valerie Plame was outed by Robert Novak.
If the Democrats want a head for that, it's obvious Robert Novak outed Valerie Plame.
Valerie Plame was "outed" by Richard Armitage, who assumed that her employment at CIA was common knowledge.

Robert Novak was just a reporter doing his job.
Truth is no SIN

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Runaway Slave’ Documentarian: Liberals Using Same Tactics as Former Slaveowners on Black Conservatives
Reverend C.L. Bryant and Deneen Borelli, the documentarians behind the controversial new documentary about black conservatism,“Runaway Slave,” to his show tonight. The discussion hinged mostly on the controversy surrounding the documentary, and the hypocrisy on the part of liberal organizations like the NAACP, who refused to defend black conservatives like Bryant and Borelli,I am the great-grandson of former slaves. Now, they were trapped in a system. Many of them had the courage to run away from that and gain freedom,” said Bryant.“They would come back to the plantation and tell those who were still enslaved,‘you can be free.’ But what would happen then is the same thing that’s happening now with Al Sharpton, as Deneen mentioned, and Jesse Jackson, once they realized that you’re there telling them something different from what the system is dictating, then they have to make a public example of you. And that’s what they try to do with Deneen and I by publicly calling us out and calling us names.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
So, exactly what "race" do you think Ahmadinejad belongs to?
you're asking me? i'm not in the Tea Party.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>No I didn't miss the followup dummy, I simply dismissed it just as I dismiss all your other bullshyte. Frankly you weren't all that hot on your Eastern PA knowledge either and had no fkn clue about your Texas proxy which disappeared when you switched to CA.
Let's review K? You were blowing smoke about doctors refusing to see MediCare patients and how hospitals would be closing due to the ACA and I called your dumbazz out.
Then per usual you tried to cover your lies with more lies.
Temecula, a city of about 100,000, does not have a hospital. The first hospital in the city is scheduled to open this summer. The second proposed facility is just talk at this moment. This makes Temecula somewhat of an exception.

Doctors continue to see existing patients who go on Medicare, but many refuse to accept new Medicare patients, or else limit the number of new Medicare patients.

Of course, things may be different in Florida, a dumping ground for old people.
Pooballs

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

I heard Al Sharpton was running for president in 2016. That going to be hilarious. I had a dream of biscuits and gravies.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

The Problem Isn’t Just McCain’s Racist Tweet, but Conservatives Defending Racism

The John McCain dustup this morning over his tweet comparing Iranian leader Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to a monkey has revealed the thinking behind conservative values. A Michigan Republican congressman accused McCain of being a racist, and then a conservative stepped into the fray to explain that it’s okay to be a racist/hater when making jokes about someone who is an “anti-semite”, which is the same argument six year olds use to excuse their bad behavior.

John McCain tweeted,“So Ahmadinejad wants to be first Iranian in space – wasn’t he just there last week?” In this tweet, he linked to a story about Iran launching a monkey into space. After some backlash, McCain pulled out his “I was just joking, lighten up” card, which is crumbling from over-use but this is John McCain.

Rep. Justin Amash (R-MI) tweeted,“Maybe you should wisen (sic) up & not make racist jokes.“@SenJohnMcCain: Re: Iran space tweet – lighten up folks, can’t everyone take a joke?”

It’s true that John McCain can’t get out of the locker room long enough to realize how inappropriate he can be. McCain is known for making tasteless “jokes” while taking great umbrage at things he imagines others did or said.

George W. Bush supporter John Podhoretz, also a columnist for the New York Post and a speechwriter for former President Ronald Reagan as well as former President George H.W. Bush, stepped into the fray in order to defend McCain by explaining that it’s okay to be a racist against an anti-semite,“How dare McCain say something demeaning & disparaging abt the foremost anti-Semite on the planet.” He added,“So…it’s defend-the-Jew-hater-from-the- war-hero day.”

Podhoretz isn’t the most rational guy in the world, but then what do you expect from someone who called W “the first great leader of the 21st century”. He has defined anti-semitism as Pat Buchannan calling Israel’s military action “Un-Christian”(talk about a war between reactionaries).“You want to know what anti-Semitism is? When Pat Buchanan calls Israel’s military action ‘un-Christian’, that’s anti-Semitism.” So those are his standards for what he sees as “his side”.

What is really telling is how Podhoretz justified McCain’s “joke”. It’s hard to stand tall against anti-semitism while concurrently justifying racism. Some people don’t seem to get this, but racism is the same mechanism as anti-semitism and it’s used for the same purposes. In other words, children, if you don’t want it done to you, don’t do it to others. Calling someone a “Jew-hater” does not excuse you from upholding your own value system, provided you have one.

And there it is. Republicans don’t seem to have a set of values, but rather cherry picked causes of resentment. According to them, it’s not okay to use some people’s heritage against them, but Republicans have made a party out of using other people’s heritage against them. That means that they don’t have a value or a certain level of behavior to which they don’t permit their leaders to stoop publicly. A value is something you apply to yourself as well as others, even when it’s not easy.

Imagine if a Democrat tweeted what McCain tweeted, but insert a different target. Insert a Republican cause. The wounded cries of self-pity would be echoing off the Hill for years to come. Instead, we have conservatives petulantly justifying McCain’s tweet because the other guy started it. It’s okay to be a racist if the other guy hates someone you don’t hate.

http://www.politicususa.com/conservative-defe...

The interesting nugget born of this scuffle is the thinking behind conservatives’ reactionary, immature and ever moving principles. Podhoretz just defended racism because he hates the other guy for hating more. And these are the people who criticize Obama’s foreign policy. Talk about leading from behind.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Still lying.
Obama approved the plan & was in the "room" when it went down.
No one sot down any helicopters during the rad.
Look.
I now you freakin right whiners are embarrassed that your hero George W Bush didn't get Bin Laden. After all, Bush had declared him irrelevant & abandoned the search to make up a war about oil.
So now you have to make up stuff. Pathetic
yeah... right. And, on the day he got the word that the mission was a go, he decided to play golf all goddam day that day.
You can't be serious. Let's ignore all the facts about the decisions that have to be made if something happens and the president has to line up all his allies, requiring constant communication and embassy interface and status updates for days right up to recovering the SEAL team. Let's just talk about all the contingencies that have to be decided, like technical problems that an abort will be considered, which requires a real-time presidential decision, or new intelligence comes in that changes the diplomatic situation, which requires a real-tiem presidential decision, or a hundred other hypothetical cases that would cause the president to re-evaluate the risk and/or practicality of the mission.
Yeah. Like a president who even knows the mission is going to happen will plan on playing golf all goddam day that day.
Get real.

By the way, you never told us which photo of Obama photoshopped in the command center you liked best.
Did you like the first photo the White House released with Obama to the right of the display coordinator and seemingly studying the display seriously, like everyone else in the room?
Or, did you like the second photo the White House released with Obama to the right of the display coordinator and grinning at the camera like a high school prankster?
Or, did you like the third photo the White House released with Obama to the left of the display coordinator, and Joe Biden magically appears in the photo?

Don't you like the way they moved Obama around in the photo, and every other person in the photos has the exact same position and expression?

Get real, dufus.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

John McCain Called ‘Racist’ After Cracking Ahmadinejad ‘Monkey’ Joke:‘This Is What Passes for a Serious GOP U.S. Senator These Days’

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/04/jo...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Pooballs wrote:
I heard Al Sharpton was running for president in 2016. That going to be hilarious. I had a dream of biscuits and gravies.
If there are no other black candidates, Sharpton will get 95% of the black vote in the Democrat primaries, which might be enough.
NWaxman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>Taxes. i hope this helps you understand this time.
That would require doubling (at least) of everybody's taxes.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

69 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 15 min truth 48,865
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min LRS 174,503
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 20 min HasbhaRAT Trolls Biffers 67,892
Amy 7-23 42 min Julie 9
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 47 min SpaceBlues 45,767
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 458
Amy 7-22 2 hr Julie 14
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr Rose of Tralee 97,515
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 4:15PM CDT

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs