Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1225064 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#854033 Feb 5, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
I would never say president nobama was not involved in getting rid of bin Laden, that's a good thing. He watched and fortunately did not put the kabosh on the mission. But I do have a question. The death of bin Laden saw a reduction in atrocities committed by the taliban and al qaeda? They are no longer murdering women and children at will? Face it "real dumb" the US should not be wasting lives and monies in countries like Iraq and Afghanistan that are not going to change any time soon. We should not try to be nation builders with the force of arms.
Peace
KMA
One of Bin Laden's contributions to Al Qaeda was the ability to raise money.

Judged:

19

18

18

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#854034 Feb 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So we are in Afghanistan fighting Al qaeda & you think Bush invaded Iraq, who had no Al Qaeda, in order to attract Al Qaeda so as to kill them there.
What, Al Qaeda would go to Iraq & not Afghanistan? Maybe we can kill them better in Iraq?
You are dumber than sh*t.
The raid to get Bin Laden was risky due to relations with Pakistan. We had to be sure he was there.
I laugh at you f*cking bozo right whiners who think we should have allowed Bin Laden to live because you are too afraid to kill him.
But if Bush would have not called him irrelevant & actually killed Bin Laden - you'd be dancing in the streets.
Pot or kettle-just names. Same thing.

AQIM volunteers were also very active in Iraq during the 2003-2011 war with the United States, often performing suicide bombings.

(here dmbfk-read for yourself)

Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) is a Salafi-jihadist militant group and U.S.-designated Foreign Terrorist Organization operating in North Africa's Sahara and Sahel. The group can trace its provenance back to Algeria's civil war, and has since become an al-Qaeda affiliate with broader regional and international ambitions. While many experts suggest AQIM is the primary transnational terror threat in North Africa, the risk it poses to Europe and the United States remains unclear.
Share

AQIM's activities have garnered heightened scrutiny in recent months, particularly after the group, along with other jihadist factions, expanded its foothold in Mali's vast ungoverned north.

WTH we doing in Mali? Duh media sayz.....spweading democracy?

Judged:

18

18

18

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#854035 Feb 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
One of Bin Laden's contributions to Al Qaeda was the ability to raise money.
duh a vey gets a clue!

Judged:

18

18

18

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#854036 Feb 5, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Libya didn't attack us.
And guess what Duh A Vey, bin_laden's mentor and hero Zawahari (the guy that helped the Muslim Brohood in offing Anwar Sadat).. he's still around, the depths of the depravity there, just about too inhumane to fathom...almost makes bin_laden look like a warm and fuzzy sheep.
How f'ckn lemming herd pack tail following, propaganda swallowing stupid can you get?
So, as long as Zawahari is alive, we should not kill any other Al Qaeda leaders.

Killing other Al Qaeda leadership is pointless.

Libya is getting new leadership & government.

You think we should ignore it. Allow it to be influenced by others.

The mere idea that you backed George W Bush in his invasion of Iraq & have this tissy fit about Libya is beyond ridiculous.

Judged:

19

18

18

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#854037 Feb 5, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
A prime example of a nasty liberal Democrat, frustrated with his lot in life, spending his remaining useless days on a website to vent his frustration & anger:
<quoted text>
Hey dummy -
What do you think you are acomplishing by using the F word? Is that supposed to make you more credible than what you are, which is Zero?
Or - is it that you are a militant fascist Democrat and have no tollerance for other people's opinions?
RealDave is the type of deranged liberal that should never own a gun. RealDave doesn't know where he is going, but he's on his way...

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#854038 Feb 5, 2013
mdbuidler wrote:
<quoted text>
If you already knew the answer, fuckface, what'd you ask him for?
Nobody knows the answer, dufus. I just pointed out that "taxes" isn't a source of money. It's merely a method of collecting money from a source of money.

You pretend to know the plan for government. So, how about you answer this question.

Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?

Or, you can just come out and say it, the Democrats don't even have a plan for government.

Judged:

16

16

16

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#854039 Feb 5, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Pot or kettle-just names. Same thing.
AQIM volunteers were also very active in Iraq during the 2003-2011 war with the United States, often performing suicide bombings.
(here dmbfk-read for yourself)
Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM) is a Salafi-jihadist militant group and U.S.-designated Foreign Terrorist Organization operating in North Africa's Sahara and Sahel. The group can trace its provenance back to Algeria's civil war, and has since become an al-Qaeda affiliate with broader regional and international ambitions. While many experts suggest AQIM is the primary transnational terror threat in North Africa, the risk it poses to Europe and the United States remains unclear.
Share
AQIM's activities have garnered heightened scrutiny in recent months, particularly after the group, along with other jihadist factions, expanded its foothold in Mali's vast ungoverned north.
WTH we doing in Mali? Duh media sayz.....spweading democracy?
We are not in Mali.

We are aiding those fighting these terrorists.

Why do you think it was justified to invade Afghanstan to fight terrorists but not help others do the same thing.

Judged:

18

17

17

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#854040 Feb 5, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
A prime example of a nasty liberal Democrat, frustrated with his lot in life, spending his remaining useless days on a website to vent his frustration & anger:
<quoted text>
Hey dummy -
What do you think you are acomplishing by using the F word? Is that supposed to make you more credible than what you are, which is Zero?
Or - is it that you are a militant fascist Democrat and have no tollerance for other people's opinions?
What are you accomplishing by posting untruths & lies?

Judged:

18

17

17

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#854041 Feb 5, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
A prime example of a nasty liberal Democrat, frustrated with his lot in life, spending his remaining useless days on a website to vent his frustration & anger:
<quoted text>
Hey dummy -
What do you think you are acomplishing by using the F word? Is that supposed to make you more credible than what you are, which is Zero?
Or - is it that you are a militant fascist Democrat and have no tollerance for other people's opinions?
Tough day for you yesterday waxturd. Not one of your right wing buddies would give you any love. Doesn't that tell you something when not one person thinks you're honest, intelligent or even sane? You're the definition of loser.

Judged:

18

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#854042 Feb 5, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>A lot of black folks living inner city ghetto.. How that happen?
hey! if it wasn't for those folks Reagan wouldn't have hated guns!

it's no wonder you nutjobs freak out every time someone mentions the Black Panthers.

Judged:

18

18

18

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
forks_make_us_fa t

Oklahoma City, OK

#854043 Feb 5, 2013
Who we kidding, Texas and California compared....

All the goodies are covered...Texas wins!

http://www.willisms.com/archives/2013/01/texa...

Judged:

18

18

18

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#854044 Feb 5, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody knows the answer, dufus. I just pointed out that "taxes" isn't a source of money. It's merely a method of collecting money from a source of money.
You pretend to know the plan for government. So, how about you answer this question.
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
Or, you can just come out and say it, the Democrats don't even have a plan for government.
Let's try this again.
<Quote DBWriter> "Clinton had to be dragged kicking and screaming to all the Republican legislation that made the government fiscally sound."
The logical inference and constitutional reality of your quote is that congress determines what money is spent on, not the president.

A more logical question is, Where's Obama going to get the money that congress spent?

Judged:

18

14

14

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#854045 Feb 5, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
hey! if it wasn't for those folks Reagan wouldn't have hated guns!
it's no wonder you nutjobs freak out every time someone mentions the Black Panthers.
A lot of black folks living inner city ghetto and projects.. How and why did that happen?

Mistakes, whinning and bullshit are proof that you are trying...
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#854046 Feb 5, 2013
More bunk from the thread mental case...
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Tough day for you yesterday waxturd. Not one of your right wing buddies would give you any love. Doesn't that tell you something when not one person thinks you're honest, intelligent or even sane? You're the definition of loser.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#854047 Feb 5, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
We are not in Mali.
We are aiding those fighting these terrorists.
Why do you think it was justified to invade Afghanstan to fight terrorists but not help others do the same thing.
The US funded Bin Laden and others of like kind during the Russian occupation of Afghanistan. The US provided Saddam with money, satellite intel and of course various sorts of, cough, weaponry during the Iraq-Iran war, yet the fruitcake from KenTICky worries about Mali.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#854048 Feb 5, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The US funded Bin Laden and others of like kind during the Russian occupation of Afghanistan. The US provided Saddam with money, satellite intel and of course various sorts of, cough, weaponry during the Iraq-Iran war, yet the fruitcake from KenTICky worries about Mali.
Looking for friends with the same deranged mental disorder as you...priceless!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#854049 Feb 5, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>A lot of black folks living inner city ghetto and projects.. How and why did that happen?
Mistakes, whinning and bullshit are proof that you are trying...
BS?

“no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons.”

Reagan. much like the today's nutjobs: scared of the black man.
Forks_make_Us_fa t

Oklahoma City, OK

#854050 Feb 5, 2013
47%ers, California, and teat suckling...

"Did you know that California, with just 12% of America's population, has 34% of American welfare recipients?"

Job numbers...

"For industries paying over 150% of the average American wage, Texas could claim 216,000 extra jobs; the rest of the country added 495,000. In other words, the Lone Star State, with 8% of the U.S. population, created nearly a third of the country's highest-paying positions. Texas also added 49,000 positions paying 125% to 150% of the U.S. average; the rest of the country lost 74,000 jobs in that category."

STEM anyone...

"Since 2002, Houston has grown high tech STEM (science-technology-engineerin g-math) jobs five times faster than Silicon Valley. Austin four times faster, and, big-picture, Texas ranks at the top in terms of small business employment growth. And over the past couple of years, Texas accounts for nearly a fifth of the nation's total population growth."

http://www.willisms.com/archives/2013/01/texa...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#854052 Feb 5, 2013
The fear inspired by black people with guns also led the United States Congress to consider new gun restrictions, after the summer of 1967 brought what the historian Harvard Sitkoff called the “most intense and destructive wave of racial violence the nation had ever witnessed.” Devastating riots engulfed Detroit and Newark. Police and National Guardsmen who tried to help restore order were greeted with sniper fire.

A 1968 federal report blamed the unrest at least partly on the easy availability of guns. Because rioters used guns to keep law enforcement at bay, the report’s authors asserted that a recent spike in firearms sales and permit applications was “directly related to the actuality and prospect of civil disorders.” They drew “the firm conclusion that effective firearms controls are an essential contribution to domestic peace and tranquility.”

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2... #

somehow different when crazy white folks are trying to 'deal' with a black president.

talk about some irony.

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#854053 Feb 5, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
More bunk from the thread mental case...
<quoted text>
Interesting that 17 of your imaginary friends just laid peanuts on me for exposing you but not ONE of them will say a word in your defense. You are pathetic waxturd.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 38 min FastandFurious 188,021
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr litesong 53,078
Dear Abby 5-6-15 7 hr Julie 6
Ask Amy 5-6-15 13 hr Mister Tonka 4
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 13 hr helpful explainer 99,415
News Chicago signs compare homeless to rodents 14 hr YesRodentsAll 3
Bill Clinton's Wife. 14 hr BlindHelenKeller 9
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]