Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 39,304)

Showing posts 786,061 - 786,080 of1,071,552
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Nov 09

Alamo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
And, where was Obama during the 7-hour battle between Al Qaeda and the stripped-down American embassy security detatchment in Benghazi while the real-time video was being watched in the White House?
Why did Obama lie for two weeks trying to cover up the Al Qaeda terrorist attack on the US?
What's the indoctrinated party line mantra on this....
Obama was staying out of the way of trained professionals, what a good leader does.
p.s.
Shouldn't you be building a bunker for the upcoming civil war instead of posting here?
NWaxman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

So NotSurpriZed wrote:
<quoted text> Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
poor little neglected one. no one cares but you little man. now give Jimmy or neanderthal a chance like a good little sockpuppet.
forks_make_us_fa t

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You voted for Mitt Romney, unemployed for how long?
I don't kiss and tell...

I retired at 42....

Oil money!
forks_make_us_fa t

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit your GD f*cking whining about cvil war & have some guts & do it.
My God, I'm tired of hearing this sane old crap from your moronic Tea Bagging assh*les.
DO IT or STFU
I bet you would be first in line to man the water cannon?
Truth is no SIN

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

from UNCLE TOM'S CABIN or Life among the Lowly, by Harriet Beecher Stowe, 1852
The master of this particularly hated pair, known only as Simon Legree, was described by Harriet Beecher Stowe in her 1852 classic, Uncle Tom's Cabin. Quimbo and Sa*bo took their derogatory names from the warped Mr. Legree. The two were said to evolve into a mirror image of the cruelty embodied by Mr. Legree, who is described by former slaves as the worst owner of humans the South ever saw. There was, however, a sharp turn in history when Legree received, as payment of an old debt, a slave named Tom from a neighbor. It was Mr. Legree's first encounter with black dignity. This encounter would also lay the foundation for a not-so-subtle division among blacks, which exists, even to this day. The book, Uncle Tom's Cabin as well as other notable works describing the history of slavery, refers to Tom as a rugged individualist who resisted, with dignity, the dictates of an insane system of humans owning humans. Like the character of Kunta Kente in Roots no amount of oppression or cruelty could break his spirit. Word spread from state to state after he challenged his new master to stop the cruelty exacted on field hands by the overseers. During an incident when the parents of a young female slave ran to Tom's cabin for his help to prevent Quimbo from raping their daughter, Tom confronted Legree as being the source of the evil that reigned terror on the entire plantation. He offered his own back to the whip in exchange for the freedom of the young woman. The lack of fear for his own life and his willingness to stand up to Legree earned Tom the respected title of Uncle, a title reserved in those days for the most honorable male in any given plantation. Black slaves adopted Tom as their own uncle and intercessor between master and slave.
As usual the LIB DEMOCRAT LIES TO BLACKS AND MIS EDUCATES THEM RACE TO THE TOP IS A FRAUD FROM OBAMA
Truth is no SIN

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

This was the real Uncle Tom.

In addition to performing his assigned chores with the utmost precision, he became champion of the mistreated, and eventually the political opposition to the leaders . Legree, as well as other owners of Tom, found that to mistreat Tom brought about a work slowdown. Soon, Tom lived in his own cabin, which became the place of counsel and sanctuary for slaves with grievances. His willingness to confront black and white injustice earned him a limited freedom long before the Civil War. He did encounter opposition however, but it was not from white slave owners. His biggest enemies were those black overseers appointed as leaders over the people. They were being increasingly challenged by slaves who found the bold courage of Uncle Tom very attractive. The historical fact is that a quiet but growing movement could be found in plantation after plantation of slaves who wrapped themselves around the concept of individual rights and dignity. By the mid 1820's these rugged souls, who grew in their boldness to stand up to their overseers, became known as Uncle Toms. Black leaders who discovered they had an Uncle Tom among those they supervised were struck with panic at the impending challenge to authority. A line in the sand was drawn which some believe aided the spark we all know as the Civil War. The spark of contention, lit so long ago, continues to burn in the black community even today....
So NotSurpriZed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Im so cunfoosed. Whots hapening? OMG!!!!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit your GD f*cking whining about cvil war & have some guts & do it.
My God, I'm tired of hearing this sane old crap from your moronic Tea Bagging assh*les.
DO IT or STFU
If you read the post, you will find:

Given the actions of the Democrats, I don't see how a civil war to restore the Constitution can be averted. The Democrats are too full of themselves and their ability to indoctrinate the population with lies to not do it, and they are too ignorant to avoid doing it.

And:

It's a certainty the winners will hang the losers. If it's your neck the noose is being put around, don't whine. You asked for it. Take it like a man.

And:

We know you'll be coming to see us. You know you'll be coming to see us.

... see you then.
Truth is no SIN

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

The MODERN DAY DEMOCRAT showed their past history during this election past ANY BLACK AMERICAN WHO SAID THEY were not supporting the JIM CROW DEMOCRATS were treated as they would have been treated by the dixiecrats, they were harrassed called names,threathened with violence by BLACKS and their LILLY LIB JIM CROW DEMOCRAT MASTERS,

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama was staying out of the way of trained professionals, what a good leader does.
p.s.
Shouldn't you be building a bunker for the upcoming civil war instead of posting here?
You really are eat up with the dumbass, aren't you?

It required presidential authority to override the default orders of the AC-130 and Force Recon Marine units specifically positioned to respond to an attack specifically on the embassy in Libya.
If Obama was "staying out of the way", who in the White House wasn't staying out of the way and gave those orders with the authority of the president to hang the Americans out to dry in Benghazi and watched Al Qaeda kill them on the real-time video feed?

As I understand it, only the president has presidential authority.

So, who's actually president?

... I'm bored with playing along with your dodge. Just answer the goddam question:

Where was Obama during the 7-hour battle between Al Qaeda and the stripped-down American embassy security detatchment in Benghazi while the real-time video was being watched in the White House?

Just give us a location.
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
All easy questions for Obama vs:
'But I did find a 60 Minutes interview with George W. Bush. Here are the questions Scott Pelley asked him:
• "The war on terror, in a sense, began in this room, began in this cabin where your Cabinet meeting was held. Back then the whole country was with you. And now you seem to have lost them. Why do you think so?"
• "Most Americans at this point in time don't believe in this war in Iraq. They want you to get us out of there."
• "But wasn't it your administration that created the instability in Iraq?"
• "It's much more unstable now, Mr. President."
• "You mention mistakes having been made in your speech. What mistakes are you talking about?"
• "Fair to say there are not enough American troops on the ground to provide security for Iraq?"
• "Do you think you owe the Iraqi people an apology for not doing a better job?"
• "You are gambling a lot, Mr. President, on the Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki. Why do you think that's a gamble worth making?"
• "I was on the battlefield in Najaf when al-Sadr's people killed your United States Marines."
• "Do you believe that the House has the constitutional authority to prevent you from the troop build-up? Can they stop you?"
• "Do you believe as commander-in-chief you have the authority to put the troops in there no matter what the Congress wants to do?"
• "You know better than I do that many Americans feel that your administration has not been straight with the country, has not been honest. To those people you say what? Like the weapons of mass destruction? No credible connection between 9/11 and Iraq."
• "The Office of Management and Budget said this war would cost somewhere between $50 billion and $60 billion and now we're over 400."
• "When was it that you first found out or it dawned on you that, indeed, there were no weapons of mass destruction? And I wonder, did you think,'What have I done?'"
• "What should the American people look for in this war plan? When will they know whether it's working or not?"
• "What would you say right now in this interview to the Iranian president about the meddling in Iraq?"
• "I wonder if you feel like you've been ill-served by your Cabinet members, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, perhaps even Vice-President Dick Cheney. Wrong on WMD. Wrong on the connection between 9/11 and Iraq. And now you're in a fix. And I wonder if you look back and wonder who let you down."
• "The vice president suggested there was a connection, not necessarily 9/11, but certainly to al-Qaeda."
• "Final question. How can you escalate the war when so many people in this country seem to be against it?"
A stunning contrast, isn't it? I won't speculate about personal ideological bias. It's possible that Pelley is just a much better journalist than Kroft. I will say that there is a glaring double standard in the coverage that 60 Minutes has afforded the two presidents…
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...
Jane it’s pretty simple to understand, any interview Obama does with the Liberal Media has been pre-approved by the WH 60 minutes was No difference!! That’s why I thought Kroft comments was so revealing!! Kroft on Obama:'I Think He Knows That We're Not Going to Play Gotcha with Him!' It’s pretty hard to Play Gotcha when you know the script!!

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You know damn well where e was at 11 PM.
The battle was 7 goddam hours long, and "11 PM" just doesn't cover that time period. Where was the empty chair?

So, the question remains unanswered:

Where was Obama during the 7-hour battle between Al Qaeda and the stripped-down American embassy security detatchment in Benghazi while the real-time video was being watched in the White House?
NWaxman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are eat up with the dumbass, aren't you?
It required presidential authority to override the default orders of the AC-130 and Force Recon Marine units specifically positioned to respond to an attack specifically on the embassy in Libya.
If Obama was "staying out of the way", who in the White House wasn't staying out of the way and gave those orders with the authority of the president to hang the Americans out to dry in Benghazi and watched Al Qaeda kill them on the real-time video feed?
As I understand it, only the president has presidential authority.
So, who's actually president?
... I'm bored with playing along with your dodge. Just answer the goddam question:
Just give us a location.
Where were you when the cow jumped over the moon? Out riding your unicorn?

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
Chicago police department has decided they will not respond to B&E's if they determine that the suspects have left. There's your 'serve and protect' for you.
It's also a 'arm yourself and shoot to kill'.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You wanted to know where Obama got his money. He gets it from the Treasury Dept.
You really have a problem reading and comprehending the written English language. Read carefully:

The Treasury Department isn't a source of money. It is a repository of money. Incidentally, the Treasury Department is already 16.5 trillion dollars in debt. It doesn't have any money to give.
So, the question remains:

Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?

A source of money is required to answer the question.
To date, nobody on Earth has been able to answer this question.

Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
So NotSurpriZed

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a poor little neglected one. no one cares. now give me a chance; I'm like a good little obammy worshipper.
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
SupriZedObamaFoo l

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Not Surprized wrote:
Im so cunfoosed. Whots hapening? OMG!!!!
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

History 101 wrote:
It's getting late...but just have to say there are mixed reports of the video of Ambassador's body being helped or taunted.
If my initial response was wrong based on misinformation reported and that these men were, in fact, helping to get him to the hospital, I will be the first to admit it.
But because we have been left in the dark by this administration about all of the facts surrounding this incident, the mixed messages will continue.
Apparently, Obama is saying this video shows these men are helping the Ambassador to a car and to the hospital.
But he also insisted the terrorist attack was because of a video two weeks later.
This is the problem we have with this president. He can't be trusted to tell us the truth.
Yeah, you're in the dark alright, but it's got nothing to do with the President.
Truth is no SIN

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Americans really ARE selfish: Study finds individuals are only motivated by self-serving acts
Study says appeals to Americans' individuality more likely to motivate

White U.S. students made less effort when told to use teamwork
However Asian Americans were moved by appeals to interdependence

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/articl...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Nuculur SurpriZe

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
Where was I when the cow jumped over the moon? Out riding my unicorn?
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 786,061 - 786,080 of1,071,552
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

76 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 min PEllen 97,429
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 24 min Frijoles 68,121
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 29 min Washington DC 45,439
Abby 7-10 39 min Cass 10
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 43 min Cali Girl 2014 48,682
Amy 7-10 1 hr Julie 8
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques from Ottawa 173,549
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info