Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 39,288)

Showing posts 785,741 - 785,760 of1,072,559
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

"silly"
You had an excellent week on Topix. During the past week you;
- Offered 172 post
- 161 posters disagreed with your offerings
but,
- 34 poster agreed with you.
You did your job in keeping this thread vivable.
Thanks.
Peace

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Worked perfectly.
Liked that, did ya?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Cut anything you choose. Eliminate the entire defense budget and you only reduce the deficit by 50%.
Its not my candidates who need to do the cutting, its the folks you and Nuculer vote for. Mine don't get elected.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Assumes facts not in evidence. In fact, many hospitals are closing, or closing parts of their facilities.
The issue in the future will be quality of personnel, not quantity. The medical profession will be flooded with folks from Bangladesh.
You walked into a trap fkface.

A. Temecula Valley Hospital on target for mid 2013 opening.

B. Kaiser eyes Temecula for medical research center with 250 bed hospital.

Should I continue along or is that gonna be enough for your stupid
azz for one day???

You were much smarter when you lived in Reading pal.

Jus Sayin!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If you like Jewish delis and Cuban restaurants.
I prefer a good steak house.
Sometimes I'd give a testicle for a smoked whitefish salad sandwich. Unheard of in the wilds of Chattanooga.

Meanwhile, Kunitz just scored a hat trick against Washington. You a Penguin guy or a Flyers guy?
The Voice of Rosin

Arvada, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

I see this has all spun hopelessly out of control again. Not that I want to be IN control or anything... love the Dylan, incidentally... anyways, here's the thing: the country, maybe the world, is completely broken. The concept that there are "winners" and "losers" in life is ridiculous given the outcome.

It would be lovely to just put the brakes on and call for a fresh start, wouldn't it? And what's standing in the way of this enticing prospect? You're right, a bunch of assholes. A bunch of assholes who think what they "have" defines who they "are." Not only that but the more shit you have the more power you have over what others can say or do. It's totally remarkable! A guy like me wants nothing from you, nothing at all, but you want me to cede my power to you. Where do you come up with this shit?

Look, here's a story...

The other day I was in a Starbuck's gagging on the ridiculous shit they call coffee and dunking a lemon snoozle bar in the odious black muck when I overheard a group of young people talking at the next table. I tried hard not to listen but my hearing aid was positioned in just the right spot so that I could clearly hear every word.

"My portfolio is literally bursting with cash and Buffy and I are taking the kids to St. Barts for a few weeks. What say you guys fly down with us?" That sounds good, Bob, let me check with my broker and make sure we can afford it. I would've said fine but, you know, the ski house in Aspen is now worth half of what it once was..." "Sure, Bill, just let me know by Thursday and I'll set it. Say, June, how do you feel about this Obamacare thing? Sounds alright to me but I'm just not completely convinced..." "I know what you mean, Bob, I'm a little uncertain too. I would've been a lot happier if they'd just passed Hillary's health care bill and instituted single payer insurance, but, there's still time I guess..." "I know what you mean, dear, me too. But when you remember the insurance and health care industries account for nearly 30% of the American economy it's not hard to see why she ruffled so many feathers. It must've seemed to them like the end of the world was coming."

I chuckled to myself to hear them talking so cavalierly about the end of the world beginning with economic chaos, much like it says in the Gospel of Donald, Ch. 43: 69. I slid my chair back a little so I could hear better and planned what I'd say when I finally turned around and confronted them.

"What about this gun nonsense, June, how do you stand on that?" Well, Bill, they should just confiscate them all and be done with it. It'd take some time and there'd be a lot of grumbling but do we really want people walking around in our schools with guns? I think it's a recipe for disaster myself.." "England's really cracking down now and, finally, gun crimes are begin to disappear. They started their big push in 2005 so the whole thing didn't take too long and there didn't seem to be a revolution about it." "I miss the house in England... oh well, anybody want another latte'?"
The Voice of Rosin

Arvada, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

I turned around to speak to the three remaining young people at the table and immediately noticed they were all studying their laptops while sipping "coffee." On Bill's vacant machine I read... "

"Former Navy SEAL and bestselling author Chris Kyle was shot and killed on Saturday at a gun range in Texas.

Kyle, known as America's Deadliest Sniper, would sometimes take fellow veterans with PTSD out shooting as a way to help them get over the trauma of combat. That's exactly what he did on Saturday. He and a friend, Chad Littlefield, went to the gun range with Eddie Ray Routh, a vet struggling with PTSD. For unknown reasons Routh turned on his companions, shooting and killing both of them.

Routh fled the scene but was later arrested on two counts of capital murder.

Since retiring from the military, Kyle "devoted his life...to helping fellow soldiers overcome post-traumatic stress," the NYTimes reports. "Chris died doing what he filled his heart with passion - serving soldiers struggling with the fight to overcome PTSD," said his friend Travis Cox said in a statement.

Kyle is famous for his bestselling book American Sniper and is known as "America's deadliest sniper" for killing over 150 Iraqi insurgents. "

Life imitates art, apparently. More often in texas than anyplace else I remember thinking.

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
More evidence that y'all aren't already libertarians 'cause you think the Bill of Rights only has one amendment and just think its strange that they called it the "2nd".
Now try selling the same poster on a strictly defensive military as provided by the Constitution. That's usually where y'all break down and go the big government route.
Just ask Carol.
The military is a tool, it's implementation is directed by Congress and, to a degree, the President. The government is key to what the military does - unless there's a military coup.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"We oppose all laws at any level of government requiring registration of, or restricting, the ownership, manufacture, or transfer or sale of firearms or ammunition."
Seems pretty clear on this subject.
It is clear but you're wasting your time trying to sell me on a Party I'm already a dues paying member of. You've never seen me advocate gun registration as a solution for gun violence. Your assignment was to sell mdbuilder on the idea of a purely defensive military.
The Voice of Rosin

Arvada, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

I awoke some hours later at the police station in a cell. By piecing fragments of memory together I realized what must have happened. When "Bill" got up from the table and I turned around and noticed the story on the laptop screen, "June" had seen me staring at the machine and assumed I intended to steal it, so she tazed me with a nice upwards shot under the table. Good God my balls hurt, thank God for the colostomy bag.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

History 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't watch it to the very end then. No mistaking they were cheering.
I watched the entire video and maintain that even if they are "cheering" (which I still don't think you can conclusively state) there's no telling what they're cheering about within the context of the video. Somebody just told you what they were "cheering" about and that became your reality. This is your standard response to manipulation.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Hyde clearly does not understand the difference between the deficit and the debt.
There is no reason why the deficit cannot be eliminated immediately.
I agree, no reason beyond the political price that would be paid doing it. That's why it won't get done with our two party system. Heck, your side refuses to even acknowledge four years of surpluses under Clinton.

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
Translation:
Tenzing is easy on Nobraina, not pointing out his idiocy and mocking him.
I take on Nobraina and abuse him mercilessly. His ignorance makes it easy.
He's too afraid of me to dare enter a discussion.
He tried a few times, but I dumped on him so badly he runs off when I show up.
He's a coal man!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
<quoted text>
"The cheaper the crook, the gaudier the patter."
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes I'd give a testicle for a smoked whitefish salad sandwich. Unheard of in the wilds of Chattanooga.
Meanwhile, Kunitz just scored a hat trick against Washington. You a Penguin guy or a Flyers guy?
Hah, www.lakesuperiorfish.com is ready when you are.

We buy wild salmon from Ed's Smokehouse in Homer Alaska and it shows right up at my door in Florida.

Ain't life grand???

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You walked into a trap fkface.
A. Temecula Valley Hospital on target for mid 2013 opening.
B. Kaiser eyes Temecula for medical research center with 250 bed hospital.
Should I continue along or is that gonna be enough for your stupid
azz for one day???
You were much smarter when you lived in Reading pal.
Jus Sayin!
Further proof that CA is merely a proxy location for Nobraina, who got tired of being picked on as a PA hick!!

So now he pretends to be a CA hick, but doesn't even know what's gooing on in his imaginary community!!

Nice job, keeping it Real!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
The military is a tool, it's implementation is directed by Congress and, to a degree, the President. The government is key to what the military does - unless there's a military coup.
Incorrect, funding comes from Congress, Command and Control rests with the President. That's how if a Gary Johnson had won the presidency, on his first day in office he could order all US troops and equipment home and nobody could do a thing to stop him.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Hyde clearly does not understand the difference between the deficit and the debt.
A very stupid statement on your part. One of the most stupid yo've made.

Funny I've never heard it voiced by anyone else. Least of all by anyone with a modicu of intelligence who knows the costs to the nation's economy and iits' people.

But then, it's hard to find folks quite as stupid as you, Nobraina.

No wonder you're such a loser!!

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Other than plunging us into a depression. I love it when you talk stupid. I need a good laugh every now & then.
The Voice of Rosin

Arvada, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
I beg your pardon. The military is not 'a tool," it is a vast collection of tools all tooling around looking for shit to blow up and to get paid for it. I'm not sure what year the "War Department" became the "Defense Department" but clearly the original title was extraordinarily more descriptive of what those tools over in Defense do all day. I'll tell you who's a tool, John McCain. He sounded like DB the other day and DB is from Louisiana for christ's sake. "Just yes or no, that's the answer I want!" "Well, Senator, it's not a yes or no issue because, THE WHOLE FUCKING INVASION WAS A COLOSSAL MISTAKE BASED ON SHABBY INTELLIGENCE AND THE MANIACAL RANTINGS OF A COKE-HEAD EVANGELICAL SO THE SUCCESS OR FAILURE OF THE FUCKING SURGE IS KIND OF IMMATERIAL!" I mean, shit, you picked Sarah Palin as your running mate and you're a United States Senator.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Judged:

The most bang for the buck right now with gun control to save life would be to round up all the Obama Gangsta Democrat gang members in Chicago and lock them up. Next, we should have doctors evaluate all the mentally ill Democrats that keep going berserk and killing people with scary looking rifles. Then we should remove diplomats from being under the control of Obama so we can save our ambassadors.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 785,741 - 785,760 of1,072,559
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

65 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Rogue Scholar 05 173,680
Abby 7-11 20 min edogxxx 19
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 30 min Patriot AKA Bozo 45,517
Abby July 12 32 min Cass 2
Chicago's bloody Fourth: 82 shot, 14 dead 34 min mike 8
Amy July 12 42 min Cass 2
Amy 7-11 55 min Cass 14
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at July 12 at 4:25AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000