Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“"festivus lentel"”

Since: Feb 13

Eastern Oregon

#853219 Feb 3, 2013
carolann wrote:
Something really, really bad is going to happen, I can just FEEL it. It's like a big black cloud with no silver lining this time. I mean I'm really losing my optimism about my fellow Americans!
Hang in there another four years or so until Israel invades the United States. You like matzoh?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“"festivus lentel"”

Eastern Oregon

#853220 Feb 3, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
..voices?
Yes, it sounded like Beyonce' and Vince Gill?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“"festivus lentel"”

Eastern Oregon

#853221 Feb 3, 2013
Name one Senator who was unduly influenced by the Jewish lobby? Ok, all of them.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“"festivus lentel"”

Eastern Oregon

#853222 Feb 3, 2013
How can you tell the Jew at a Polish wedding? He's the guy who's smoking out in the parking lot.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“"festivus lentel"”

Eastern Oregon

#853223 Feb 3, 2013
What's the difference between John McCain and a penis? When you say a penis is angry, you mean it's all swelled up so you can see the veins in its neck. When you say John McCain is angry you just mean he's a guy with tumor in his face and a squeaky voice.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#853224 Feb 3, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Would a background check on Adam Lanza's mother changed the outcome of Sandy Hook? How 'bout if all of her weapons were registered? This "we have to do something even if its wrong" approach is what leads us to do things like invade Afghanistan.
But, what about the children?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Topic Reminder Service

Bristol, CT

#853226 Feb 3, 2013
Topic Reminder Service (TRS) is a publicly-funded non-political organization founded to update Forum Users with accurate factual reminders. This particular Topic could be - indeed has been - deemed out-of-date or "dead" since November 4th, 2008. However, persuant of common OPINION, it has remained one of the more-popular Topix to this day. At this point in time, over four years after the topic's origin and considering none of the facts will change for another four years (making for an estimated eight-year lifecycle), TRS is presenting the following reminders of FACT-

Barack Hussein Obama II is the 44th and current President of the United States. He is the first African American to hold the office. Obama is a graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, where he was president of the Harvard Law Review.

Born in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on August 4, 1961, he served three terms representing the 13th District in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2004, running unsuccessfully for the United States House of Representatives in 2000.

He began his first presidential campaign in 2007, defeating Republican nominee John McCain in the general election, and was inaugurated as president on January 20, 2009. Nine months later, Obama was named the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize laureate.

Obama was re-elected president in November 2012, defeating Republican nominee Mitt Romney. He is the first two-term Democrat POTUS since Franklin D. Roosevelt to win two presidential elections with a majority of the popular vote. During his second inaugural address on January 21, 2013, Obama called for full equality for gays: "Our journey is not complete until our gay brothers and sisters are treated like anyone else under the law- for if we are truly created equal, then surely the love we commit to one another must be equal as well."

On February 17, 2009, Obama signed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, a $787,000,000,000 economic stimulus package aimed at helping the economy recover from the deepening worldwide recession, thereby continuing an economic aid policy first instituted under the preceding (Republican) President George W. Bush.

Domestic policy items include the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act AKA Obama Care, signed into law on March 23, 2010. Barack Obama appointed two women to serve on the Supreme Court in the first two years of his Presidency. Sonia Sotomayor, nominated by Obama on May 26, 2009, was confirmed on August 6, 2009, becoming the first Hispanic Supreme Court Justice. Elena Kagan, nominated by Obama on May 10, 2010, was confirmed on August 5, 2010, bringing the number of women sitting simultaneously on the Court to three, for the first time in American history.

On January 16, 2013 President Obama outlined a series of sweeping gun control proposals, urging Congress to reintroduce an expired ban on "military-style" assault weapons, impose limits on ammunition magazines to 10 rounds, introduce background checks on all gun sales, pass a ban on possession and sale of armor-piercing bullets, as well as additional measures.

Notable foreign policy items include the draw-down of troops in Afghanistan and the end of military operations in Iraq as of August 31, 2010. On March 16, 2011, he authorized the U.S. Military to engage in air strikes against Libya's governmental air defense capabilities in order to protect civilians and enforce a no-fly zone. On May 1, 2011, Obama authorized a "surgical raid" by United States Navy SEALs in Abbottabad, Pakistan, resulting in the death of international terrorist and al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden and the seizure of papers, computer drives and disks from bin Laden's compound.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#853227 Feb 3, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my gosh, another conspiracy! Let me get this straight, schools don't hire the best teachers because they have some hidden agenda, and what might that be?
Teacher certification laws that favor the continuation of state-supported teacher colleges, many of which are second or third-rate diploma mills.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“"festivus lentel"”

Eastern Oregon

#853228 Feb 3, 2013
How can you tell when carol is coming? All the pigs flying by.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#853229 Feb 3, 2013
discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the earthquakes, fires and mud slides? And 5 million illegals and gangbangers?
Just as elsewhere, many of those problems are localized.

Chicago leads the planet in murders, but the rest of Illinois is fairly safe.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#853230 Feb 3, 2013
discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
No bus boys, maids, fast food clerks, ditch diggers? I've been to Temecula.
There is a difference between Hispanics and illegal aliens.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

#853232 Feb 3, 2013
mdbuidler wrote:
When did you & your family learn to fly?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“"festivus lentel"”

Eastern Oregon

#853233 Feb 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Teacher certification laws that favor the continuation of state-supported teacher colleges, many of which are second or third-rate diploma mills.
And we know this how, John? After all you were able to sell tires for a living and the only skill you have is blowing little boys.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“"festivus lentel"”

Eastern Oregon

#853235 Feb 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a difference between Hispanics and illegal aliens.
Not in the Gulch, John.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#853236 Feb 3, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah right, if I were you I would have just let it ride__instead you make it worse.
Madden picks changed it's mind and currently favors the Niner's. Hah, no wonder they are always right.
I'm sticking with the Ravens by 3 in reg time.
Temecula can be found on google aszhole, that area has medical facilities to spare with more on the way__because MediCare patients can pay.
Don't you ever tire of getting it wrong???
Name a hospital in Temecula, you Google flunky.

Put up or shut up.

And Temecula is not particularly a retirement community.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“"festivus lentel"”

Eastern Oregon

#853237 Feb 3, 2013
History 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever you want to call it, they were clearly happy the guy was dead.
It was cheering.
Boy, you are a glutton for punishment aren't you girl? No wonder you chose whoring as a career.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#853238 Feb 3, 2013
carolann wrote:
I just want to say that "temecula" sounds like some kind of vaginal speculum, maybe one with teeth?
Please don't come here. Significant Hispanic and Asian population, but not many blacks. You might be uncomfortable.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#853240 Feb 3, 2013
mdbuidler wrote:
"mdbuilder"
You are a lyingsonofabitch. You are pig, and you aim't flying. You are also a sicksonofabitch.
Peace
KMA

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“"festivus lentel"”

Eastern Oregon

#853241 Feb 3, 2013
So carol gets back to the apartment with her trick in hand so to speak. She takes the wad of chewing gum out of her mouth and says to him, "So. You're a jew, huh?" she takes a few more strokes and asks, "Why do you people wear them little beanies?" The jew closes his eyes and says, "If I tell you it'll cost you $300." Carol keeps strokin' away and says, "I always hoid you people was good with money."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“"festivus lentel"”

Eastern Oregon

#853243 Feb 3, 2013
History 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
They pretty much want those who have a B.S. in education, literally.
I always said my education degree was B.S. anyway.
I coulda told you that, honey.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Jacques Ottawa 181,702
CHICAGO BEARS ARE SHYT. Boycott them 2 hr Sublime1 19
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr D_e_ath__to__tyrants 70,986
Deat Abby 12-16 3 hr Mister Tonka 51
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr TRD 68,875
sexting on whatsapp 5 hr cute_bwoy 1
14-Year-Old Boy Shot In Head On Far South Side 5 hr Taint Shield 4
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance