Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#853169 Feb 3, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed that earlier, DJIA up 110% off its 2009 low. Pretty good if you ask me but then again, I'm aware of the non-partisan nature of markets. My ideology doesn't require that I ignore reality.
Your "sources"
Ha!
How about "sauces?" Pretty sure that's bronach, the troll that's been 26 years old since he started posting on topix 8 years ago. Whatever__the fk is appearing on a dozen topix threads and probably several other anons.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#853170 Feb 3, 2013
discardian wrote:
<quoted text>
Hah! "The majority of voters" huh? I remind you that the Constitution itself is about protecting the rights of the minority. where would Guam be without Constitutional protections.
Probably still out in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

“"commie obammy"”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#853171 Feb 3, 2013
If you want to hand your stuff over to the government, Tenzing, then you go ahead. I'm keeping all my stuff and I've got guns to make sure it stays put.
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#853175 Feb 3, 2013
The End Game

How the 'Elite' Will Sell Global Collapse To The Masses

Thursday, January 31, 2013

The globalists have stretched the whole of the world thin. They have removed almost every pillar of support from the edifice around us, and like a giant game of Jenga, are waiting for the final piece to be removed, causing the teetering structure to crumble. Once this calamity occurs, they will call it a random act of fate, or a mathematical inevitability of an overly complex system. They will say that they are not to blame. That we were in the midst of “recovery”. That they could not have seen it coming.

Their solution will be predictable. They will state that in order to avoid such future destruction, the global framework must be “simplified”, and what better way to simplify the world than to end national sovereignty, dissolve all borders, and centralize nation states under a single economic and political ideal...

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/01/how-elite...

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/01/better-th...

http://bible.cc/revelation/13-16.htm vs 16-18

http://bible.cc/john/14-29.htm

“"commie obammy"”

Location hidden

#853176 Feb 3, 2013
discordian wrote:
<quoted text> r u really that stupid? It's from the NYT's, pretty early to be drinking, isn't it?
Interesting and telling that as usual you attack the source rather than the facts. Is that how your liberal debate teacher taught you to do it?
No, actually it's a great time to be drinking. An entire evening is about to be ruined by the ridiculous spectacle of smaller white men being crushed by bigger black ones. I mean it's as if we're celebrating the very thing we spend all day complaining about.

Location hidden

#853178 Feb 3, 2013
discordian wrote:
<quoted text> r u really that stupid? It's from the NYT's, pretty early to be drinking, isn't it?
Interesting and telling that as usual you attack the source rather than the facts. Is that how your liberal debate teacher taught you to do it?
One of us must have been drinking but I don't think it was me. At least I didn't paste a quote from a Heritage blog then deny it:

Regulatory policy made a cameo appearance in last night’s presidential debate when Governor Mitt Romney took aim at the Obama Administration’s penchant for making rules.

“Regulations have quadrupled,” Romney said.“The rate of regulations quadrupled under this President.”

The assertion led to a mini-controversy this morning over the Obama regulatory record. Left-leaning blogger Andrew Sullivan, Salon.com , and the Huffington Post all jumped in to argue that there has been no such increase in regulation. Obama, in fact, has imposed fewer new regulations than did Bush, they claim.
http://blog.heritage.org/2012/10/17/debate-an...

“"commie obammy"”

Location hidden

#853179 Feb 3, 2013
Sarge wrote:
is it true they are gonna put armed guards at gun ranges now>??
Yes, and at churches too. The trick is to get them while they're praying for more money.

Location hidden

#853181 Feb 3, 2013
discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
No Heritage Foundation here, chumly, you must really be loaded this morning:
Obama Wrote 5% Fewer Rules Than Bush While Costing Business ...
www.bloomberg.com/.../obama-wrote-5-fewer-rul... ...
Oct 25, 2011 – President Barack Obama's “tsunami” of new government regulations looks ... The Obama administration has issued 16 rules to implement the ...
Obama administration cranking out regulations following reelection ...
www.greeleygazette.com/press/...
Nov 12, 2012 – Obama administration cranking out regulations following reelection ... I've ordered a government-wide review, and if there are rules on the ...
Come boy blunder, show us you have an actual spine in that mass of gelatinous goo you call your body.
No Heritage Foundation but the same tactic. There's a difference between regulatory law and statutory law. Your "sources" combine both and attribute them to Obama. If they treated the Bush administration similarly the grotesque growth brought by Medicare "reform", NCLB, and the TSA would dwarf anything Obama's done.

I don't expect you to understand it but its not my responsibility to educate you, that should have been done by your parents and whatever excuse of a school you may have attended.

“"commie obammy"”

Location hidden

#853182 Feb 3, 2013
Ohhhh....

You take the high road and I'll take the low road..

Location hidden

#853183 Feb 3, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text> How about "sauces?" Pretty sure that's bronach, the troll that's been 26 years old since he started posting on topix 8 years ago. Whatever__the fk is appearing on a dozen topix threads and probably several other anons.
Sounds familiar, explains a lot. I can't tell that particular quarter of nitwits apart, they all function at the same very low level.

How do you tell a Bronach from a DimNeutron from an Eman?

Location hidden

#853184 Feb 3, 2013
discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
welfare queens are what got Obimbles elected twice, so you must be on the side of welfare queens, not me. Dumbass, try to accuse a staunch republican of wanting the government to bail us out, how long you been pushing that stupid lie that no one believes?
You're the one whining that Obama hasn't created a job for you yet.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#853185 Feb 3, 2013
It’s easy to understand Liberals/Democrats’ philosophy “What’s Good for American is Bad for Liberals” if you need evidence just look how the Liberal Media is trying to Spin this Bad Economic News as Positive!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#853186 Feb 3, 2013
discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure that young black guy I saw who was jobless and homeless would be really impressed with the DJ average being up, if he even knows what it is. Idiotic libs brag about the rich and the DJA while millions can't find work and they're too stupid to see the contradiction.
Wow, you make DBWronger look smart.

Didn't think it was possible.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“"commie obammy"”

Location hidden

#853187 Feb 3, 2013
I recently saw a young white guy who was on his way to Oklahoma. He was carrying a suitcase and a ragged backpack and he was homeless too. I'm pretty sure he was dickless, but I couldn't be sure. Where was Obamalie for this young man, huh? Same place he was for the seven hours that the United States Ambassador to Benghazi was being paraded naked around the streets of the Libyan capital with a cowbell tied to his nuts.

Location hidden

#853188 Feb 3, 2013
discardian wrote:
<quoted text>
No, actually it's a great time to be drinking. An entire evening is about to be ruined by the ridiculous spectacle of smaller white men being crushed by bigger black ones. I mean it's as if we're celebrating the very thing we spend all day complaining about.
I'm off to go watch. I'll be sure to notice if they put all the smaller white guys on one team and the bigger black guys on the other.

Sheesh!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#853189 Feb 3, 2013
Sarge wrote:
is it true they are gonna put armed guards at gun ranges now>??
Pretty good observation.
The latest story is that the "sniper" took a troubled young returning vet with PTSD under wing and thought that taking him to range would be a good idea.
If that's so, I would wonder how the "sniper" lived to see four Iraq tours.
Or maybe they were all tipping a few brewskis?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#853190 Feb 3, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect, funding comes from Congress, Command and Control rests with the President. That's how if a Gary Johnson had won the presidency, on his first day in office he could order all US troops and equipment home and nobody could do a thing to stop him.
The framers wrote in the Constitution that Congress has the power to declare war, to raise and support armies, and to repel invasions, but they also named the president as commander in chief, giving him the power to order the armed forces to defend the country.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“"commie obammy"”

Location hidden

#853191 Feb 3, 2013
TSM wrote:
It’s easy to understand Liberals/Democrats’ philosophy “What’s Good for American is Bad for Liberals” if you need evidence just look how the Liberal Media is trying to Spin this Bad Economic News as Positive!!
Oh now, there you go again. I think what the man was saying was, the Dow Jones is representative of business as a whole, that's why it's on the front page of every newspaper in the country. Now, admittedly, it doesn't seem like the man on the street is benefiting - which is, I think, what your saying - and that's true, but here's where your analysis falls apart. The reason for this is not what you imagine it is. The reason for this is that the interests of "business" are the opposite from the interests of "the people." It's as plain as the nose on your face... well, that's a bad example...

It's the dirty little secret of economics. Economic well-being for a small group of greedy individuals signifies economic doom for the much larger volume of individuals "below" them in the pecking order.

It's like Judaism in a way. When the very fabric of your being inextricably tied to the acquisition of money you tend to overlook the condition of others who are not so single-minded. By conflating money and happiness you change the fundamental meaning of the Purfuit of it.

Now you can't have it both ways, puppy, either the successes of individual investors is good and the "success" of "the people" is bad, or, the success of the people is elevated to at least equal value as the success of "business." As recent history demonstrates, the success of business operates in inverse degree to the success of the people. Particularly when the people can be convinced to vote and act against their own best interests. It's academic.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#853192 Feb 3, 2013
The Voice of Rosin wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, you're just a font of idiotic aphorisms, aren't you, son? A stitch in time saves whine.
You never open your mouth without subtracting from the sum of human knowledge.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Peter Gunn

Chicago, IL

#853193 Feb 3, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
You never open your mouth without subtracting from the sum of human knowledge.
I have no evidence that you would recognize 'knowledge' if it were to hit you in the face, and I'm willing to try?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Guru 182,019
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr J RULES 71,188
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr cheluzal 98,870
Chicago Pizza Blows 4 hr joey 2
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr KiMare 51,279
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 5 hr IUEC 7,564
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr OzRitz 49,304
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 6:00AM
What Can Bears Do to Get Back into Playoff Hunt?
NBC Sports11:49 AM
Reggie Wayne needs offseason triceps surgery
NBC Sports 1:29 PM
Colts say they will be all business despite nothing to gain - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:40 PM
Cutler realizes Bears could be in for changes - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 8:22 PM
Bears re-sign Austen Lane to replace Willie Young