Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#853044 Feb 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
1.6 Self-Defense
The only legitimate use of force is in defense of individual rights — life, liberty, and justly acquired property — against aggression. This right inheres in the individual, who may agree to be aided by any other individual or group. We affirm the individual right recognized by the Second Amendment to keep and bear arms, and oppose the prosecution of individuals for exercising their rights of self-defense. We oppose all laws at any level of government requiring registration of, or restricting, the ownership, manufacture, or transfer or sale of firearms or ammunition.
More evidence that y'all aren't already libertarians 'cause you think the Bill of Rights only has one amendment and just think its strange that they called it the "2nd".

Now try selling the same poster on a strictly defensive military as provided by the Constitution. That's usually where y'all break down and go the big government route.

Just ask Carol.

Location hidden

#853045 Feb 3, 2013
History 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
She excused the coverup throughout the entire article.
"Republicans have since pounced on Rice’s comments, saying that she had misled the public. Their outrage sparked calls for an investigation into whether politics played a role.
"A senior intelligence official told NBC News that members of the intelligence community changed the reference from al-Qaida to 'extremists'”.
There was no outrage on the part of NBC or Ms. Mitchell as to why there was a coverup.
Only if it had been a Republican in the White House.
It was a news report, not an op-ed. That's one of the Fox-bot's problems, if the reportage doesn't also tell them what to think then it just isn't good coverage.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#853046 Feb 3, 2013
Why are you attacking fellow Republiclowns??

Does your ignorance have no boundaries??

Or does it have to to with your Obama Derangement Syndrome??

I thought so.
History 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a disaster but, even worse, an embarrassment.

Location hidden

#853047 Feb 3, 2013
Funny to hear a nitwit who steals others' screennames call someone who does the same a 'scumbag'.

Now we know what Nobraina thinks of himself.

And he's right!!
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know or care if that is Carol, but in fairness to her, the vicious attacks against her by the Chicago scumbag were completely uncalled for.
NWaxman

United States

#853048 Feb 3, 2013
Well, just finished installing a redundant (post honeypot) alarm system under my bed to catch all my sockpuppets. Next step is to put a cheap camera/alarm on my hat to catch the sockpuppet who keeps stealing my name. Already did the cafeteria.
That dumb slimey sockpuppet has no clue I'm getting him next time. He's getting fingerprinted for sure next time. Can't wait until the next election when I can get myself arrested.
That will be fun. Justice.

Be right back, time for my lunch and a change of (whew)depends!! ;o

Location hidden

#853049 Feb 3, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Medicare is not a handout. People who qualify for it have already paid for it. I believe the original comments were about crappy Medicare coverage.
Then somebody else went off topic 'cause the post I replied to used a "90 year old" in its example. In any case, what you're saying is misleading at best. With skyrocketing health care costs its likely that you or any other Medicare recipient will outspend what they paid into the system. That's why Medicare's unfunded liability is considerably higher that Social Security's.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#853050 Feb 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Ratings are down slightly because many Conservatives are tired of seeing Obama, or even hearing about him.
The inaugural show was TV to be purposely avoided. State-of-Union show will be the same.
Slightly??

Your Obama Derangement Syndrome is affecting your ability to read??

"Fox News Ratings Hit 12-Year Demo Lows In January Cable News Figures"

""But, as rival MSNBC was quick to point out, and BuzzFeed was quick to trumpet, Fox News had its worst prime time ratings in the coveted 25-54 demographic since August 2001, and its lowest total day ratings since June 2008.

To a seasoned watcher of cable news ratings, there were other surprises. Rachel Maddow, for instance, came in 10th, beating "Studio B" and the 11 p.m. repeat of "The O'Reilly Factor." In January 2012, she came in 14th. It may not seem like much, but the top of the cable news field has been extremely stable -- and if Maddow were to continue creeping up the list, it would mean a real sea change. Overall, MSNBC -- perhaps powered by liberal euphoria over President Barack Obama's inauguration -- was the only cable news channel to grow its ratings from 2012.

This continues a pattern that emerged in 2012: Fox News viewers tuned out en masse from Democratic-themed events, causing the network's ratings to plunge during the Democratic National Convention, the hours immediately following Obama's re-election, and the president's inauguration. MSNBC, meanwhile, benefited from the solidification of its Democratic-friendly lineup, and drew a lion's share of eager liberal viewers.

Over on CNN, "The Situation Room" led the pack, followed by "Piers Morgan Tonight" and Anderson Cooper's show.""

The key is that young people have abandoned FAUX by droves since the election.

FAUX is left with the old and feeble, folks like you and Lorac!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#853052 Feb 3, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Who told you they were "cheering"???
I hear a lot of shouting and see concerned faces. If they were "cheering" wouldn't you expect more smiles?
Somebody told you they were cheering so that's what you see because you're a good little soldier in the fight for what's right (no matter how wrong it is).
Those in the video were looters who moved in quickly after the assailants left. They unexpectedly came across the ambassador and alerted the Libyan security people who had moved back in.

What you're seeing in that video is a couple of Libyan security men bringing the body through a group of young looters. What you're not seeing is a vehicle just out of frame and of course weapons.

WSJonline and others have produced fairly accurate depictions of how the entire event unfolded.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
So NotwaxNotSurNuts

Pompano Beach, FL

#853053 Feb 3, 2013
Not Surprized wrote:
Well, just finished installing a redundant (post honeypot) alarm system under my bed to catch all my sockpuppets. Next step is to put a cheap camera/alarm on my hat to catch the sockpuppet who keeps stealing my name. Already did the cafeteria.
That dumb slimey sockpuppet has no clue I'm getting him next time. He's getting fingerprinted for sure next time. Can't wait until the next election when I can get myself arrested.
That will be fun. Justice.
Be right back, time for my lunch and a change of (whew)depends!! ;o
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#853054 Feb 3, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Then somebody else went off topic 'cause the post I replied to used a "90 year old" in its example. In any case, what you're saying is misleading at best. With skyrocketing health care costs its likely that you or any other Medicare recipient will outspend what they paid into the system. That's why Medicare's unfunded liability is considerably higher that Social Security's.
I'm hoping I don't live long enough to end up under the slimey, tattered Medicare umbrella.

See how that works? I've been successfully brainwashed to prefer dying than getting old in America.

:p

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#853055 Feb 3, 2013
Chris Wallace made Wayne Laputrid look like the idiot he truly is on FAUX this morning.

Chirs is finally becoming a reporter in his father's image.

About time.

But he did a good job of making the NRA look stupid.

The NRA thinks we live in a Madd Maxx world and everyone in Amreica is under assalut 24/7.

It reflects the paranoia of the Teabagger crowd.

America will reject them , just like they did Rmoney!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#853056 Feb 3, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Link it up ashole.
Woods and a couple of his CIA cohorts went to the consulate in hopes of rescuing the ambassador, Smith and the other SD employees who were in a different building. The located and retrieved Smith's body but not the ambassador's and later learned that the ambassador was taken to a nearby hospital by Libyans and where efforts were made to resuscitate.
There are photos of the ambassador being carried to and loaded into a vehicle.
You've become a lying pos__on the one hand defending right wing media and then plastering they're outright fabrications on this thread. You are no better that DB or any of the other trolls.
The photos look more like dragging a corpse than carrying a live person.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#853057 Feb 3, 2013
Chris Kyle, Author Of 'American Sniper,' Shot And Killed At Gun Range

"Chris Kyle, an ex-Navy SEAL who wrote the best-selling book American Sniper about his service in Iraq, was shot and killed at a gun range in Texas, multiple outlets reported Saturday night. A second man was also killed.

According to local TV station KHOU, officials said that Kyle was shot at point-blank range "while helping another soldier who was recovering from post traumatic stress syndrome" at a range near the town of Glen Rose.

The Dallas Morning News reports that Lancaster, Texas police arrested a suspect, 25-year-old Eddie Ray Routh, after a brief chase.

Kyle had become well-known for his exploits in Iraq, where he deployed four times, set the record for sniper kills at 150, received numerous commendations, and, according to the Stephenville Empire Tribune, was given the nickname "The Devil of Ramadi" by insurgents."

Always good when gun nuts shoot other gun nuts.

All his skills as a sniper couldn't save him from a shooting range in TX, home of the craziest of the crazies!!

Live by the gun, die by the gun.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#853058 Feb 3, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe, if...the past three presidents (including Obama) had re-appropriated the annual Social Security surplus for Medicare expenses instead of Defense we would be experiencing the higher "happiness index" that is the United Nations goal for the citizens of the world. Maybe. There would certainly be a lot less dead Americans, young AND old.

Your Obama belongs to a death cult.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#853059 Feb 3, 2013
Mike Johanns To Support Chuck Hagel For Defense Secretary: Report

""Sen. Mike Johanns (R-Neb.) will support his former colleague Chuck Hagel's nomination for U.S. defense secretary, the Lincoln Journal Star reported Saturday.

Hagel, a former Republican senator from Nebraska, faced about eight hours of tough questioning on Thursday during his confirmation hearing in front of the Senate Armed Services Committee. The White House defended Hagel's performance on Friday, maintaining that the former senator will garner enough votes for confirmation.

As the Omaha World-Herald reported last month, many eyes have turned to the GOP senators from Hagel's home state, Johanns and Deb Fischer.

“Chuck Hagel’s military career is nothing short of admirable and while he has been a long-time friend, we do have very different opinions on many very important issues," Johanns said in a statement after Obama announced his nomination of Hagel. "Now that he has been nominated, he has an obligation to elaborate on his past statements and fully explain his positions during what I expect to be a thorough and fair confirmation hearing."

Earlier this week, Johanns signaled that he was leaning towards supporting Hagel.

"It sure seems to me that this has gone well," Johanns told the Journal Star after meeting privately with Hagel ahead of the confirmation hearing. At the time, Johanns said he would reserve his final decision until after the hearing.

Johanns is the second Republican to back Hagel. The first was Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.), who endorsed Hagel on Tuesday.

A committee vote on Hagel may come as early as next Thursday. Democrats hold a 14-12 edge on the Senate Armed Services Committee.""

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#853060 Feb 3, 2013
The Voice of Rosin wrote:
<quoted text>
Or, Americans could grapple with what appears to be a pathological attachment to pointless violence committed by men? Just playing Devil's advocate here.
Don't watch if you don't like it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#853061 Feb 3, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama allowed the right whiners to self destruct on the Rice thing. Obama had never offered her the job.
"real dumb"
Why this post? You echo the post you responded to, the president never offered the job to Rice. That's what the posters said.
I have to ask you one more time, do you ever think before you post?
Peace
KMA

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#853062 Feb 3, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I assume you're also against cuts in education for the same reason.
The problem with education is that public schools do not hire the best-qualified personnel. In fact, public education avoids hiring graduates with subject matter majors in favor of education majors, generally the lower end of the student crop.

Teacher salaries are more than adequate to attract highly-qualified personnel, but schools choose to use other criteria in hiring.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#853063 Feb 3, 2013
Paul Krugman: GOP's Immigration Reform 'Problem Is Their Base Is Old White People'

""As the debates on immigration reform and gun control heat up, the Republican Party and the National Rifle Association have problems ahead, Paul Krugman predicted on Sunday. Those problems, he suggested, have to do with how the two groups fundamentally work.

Appearing Sunday on ABC's "This Week," the Nobel Prize-winning economist and New York Times columnist first weighed in on the bipartisan plan for comprehensive immigration reform unveiled by eight senators last week. It's the GOP that should be getting nervous, he said.

"The Republican Party has a problem," Krugman told host George Stephanopoulos. "The leadership understands that ... they're doomed if they are only the party of old white people, to put it bluntly. The problem is their base is old white people."

Krugman added that the senators' proposal to create a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants has "got to be good for everybody" and that "there's no possible reason not to do this."

Turning to gun control, Krugman said that the NRA's "bizarre" approach, in which it has dug in its heels, rather than make concessions, may actually be working against it.

"I think that the terms of the debate have shifted," Krugman said. "Now the craziness of the extreme pro-gun lobby has been revealed, and that has got to move the debate and got to move the legislation at least to some degree.

"The NRA is now revealed as an insane organization, and that matters quite a lot," he added.""

----------

Proof that the base is old white folks like Lorac is the fact that no one on this thread from the R side has said a word about supporting immigration reform.

In fact, the nitwits on this thread are older and whiter than almost any group in America, and still cling to their anti immigration hatred, even as their Party is trying desperately to move into the 21st Century.

These folks wish to return to the 18th century.

That's why they lose and keep getting angrier!!

Their Obama Derangement Syndrome is killing their Party.

I'm lovin' it!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#853064 Feb 3, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That probably explains why medical schools, research parks, hospitals and medical centers are being built at such a rapid pace eh?
Assumes facts not in evidence. In fact, many hospitals are closing, or closing parts of their facilities.

The issue in the future will be quality of personnel, not quantity. The medical profession will be flooded with folks from Bangladesh.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy 12-22 4 min Jnr Palmer Nat 6
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min positronium 49,241
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min Guru 181,887
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr PEllen 98,855
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr scirocco 68,891
Abby 12-22 1 hr RACE 2
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Eric 71,120
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:00 pm PST

Bleacher Report 6:00PM
Colts Have Puncher's Chance in Playoffs Despite Flaws
Bleacher Report 7:50 PM
Colts Collapse Around Andrew Luck in Another Prime-Time Blowout
Bleacher Report11:31 PM
Can Bears Turn Back to Cutler After Loss?
NBC Sports 1:03 AM
Romo, Cowboys are in after 42-7 rout of Colts - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 4:46 AM
Can Hamilton Fix Colts Offense for Playoff Run?