Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1275358 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#853071 Feb 3, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe, if...the past three presidents (including Obama) had re-appropriated the annual Social Security surplus for Medicare expenses instead of Defense we would be experiencing the higher "happiness index" that is the United Nations goal for the citizens of the world. Maybe. There would certainly be a lot less dead Americans, young AND old.
Your Obama belongs to a death cult.
He's my President despite not voting for him.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#853072 Feb 3, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Medicare is not a handout. People who qualify for it have already paid for it. I believe the original comments were about crappy Medicare coverage.
Medicare is a tax to provide care for current beneficiaries, and guarantees nothing in the way of future treatment for the taxpayer.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#853073 Feb 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Cut anything you choose. Eliminate the entire defense budget and you only reduce the deficit by 50%.
You stupidly submit it must be done in 1 year??

Took us decades of Republiclown stupidity to get us this far into debt, and you think it can be fixed in 1 year??

You're a bigger ahole than we thought!~!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#853074 Feb 3, 2013
We get that you hate Florida.

But you live in a far worse place, PA!!

(you think we believe your sockpuppet??)
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If you like Jewish delis and Cuban restaurants.
I prefer a good steak house.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#853075 Feb 3, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
More evidence that y'all aren't already libertarians 'cause you think the Bill of Rights only has one amendment and just think its strange that they called it the "2nd".
Now try selling the same poster on a strictly defensive military as provided by the Constitution. That's usually where y'all break down and go the big government route.
Just ask Carol.
"We oppose all laws at any level of government requiring registration of, or restricting, the ownership, manufacture, or transfer or sale of firearms or ammunition."

Seems pretty clear on this subject.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#853076 Feb 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The photos look more like dragging a corpse than carrying a live person.
The event occurred months ago, there are no surprises left to be discovered by the likes of you or your gal pal Carol. The official cause of death was asphyxiation (smoke inhalation). His body was collected at the hospital by CIA employees and evacuated on the same aircraft as the other deceased, the wounded and plus or minus 30 others.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#853077 Feb 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Government employees do not provide anything of value.
Isn't the Army filled with Gov't employees??

And the Air Force??

And th eNavy??

And the Coast Guard??

Or the CIA??

Or the FBI??

Or the CDC??

Or the INS??

Or the Federal Court System??

Why do you continually say truly stupid things??

Do you enjoy being laughed at?? As you have for your entire, miserable life.

Is it that important for you to show what an idiot you are with each and every post??

Apparently so.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#853079 Feb 3, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You stupidly submit it must be done in 1 year??
Took us decades of Republiclown stupidity to get us this far into debt, and you think it can be fixed in 1 year??
You're a bigger ahole than we thought!~!
Mr. Hyde clearly does not understand the difference between the deficit and the debt.

There is no reason why the deficit cannot be eliminated immediately.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#853080 Feb 3, 2013
"silly"
You had an excellent week on Topix. During the past week you;
- Offered 172 post
- 161 posters disagreed with your offerings
but,
- 34 poster agreed with you.
You did your job in keeping this thread vivable.
Thanks.
Peace

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#853081 Feb 3, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Worked perfectly.
Liked that, did ya?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#853082 Feb 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Cut anything you choose. Eliminate the entire defense budget and you only reduce the deficit by 50%.
Its not my candidates who need to do the cutting, its the folks you and Nuculer vote for. Mine don't get elected.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#853083 Feb 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Assumes facts not in evidence. In fact, many hospitals are closing, or closing parts of their facilities.
The issue in the future will be quality of personnel, not quantity. The medical profession will be flooded with folks from Bangladesh.
You walked into a trap fkface.

A. Temecula Valley Hospital on target for mid 2013 opening.

B. Kaiser eyes Temecula for medical research center with 250 bed hospital.

Should I continue along or is that gonna be enough for your stupid
azz for one day???

You were much smarter when you lived in Reading pal.

Jus Sayin!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#853084 Feb 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If you like Jewish delis and Cuban restaurants.
I prefer a good steak house.
Sometimes I'd give a testicle for a smoked whitefish salad sandwich. Unheard of in the wilds of Chattanooga.

Meanwhile, Kunitz just scored a hat trick against Washington. You a Penguin guy or a Flyers guy?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
The Voice of Rosin

Seattle, WA

#853085 Feb 3, 2013
I see this has all spun hopelessly out of control again. Not that I want to be IN control or anything... love the Dylan, incidentally... anyways, here's the thing: the country, maybe the world, is completely broken. The concept that there are "winners" and "losers" in life is ridiculous given the outcome.

It would be lovely to just put the brakes on and call for a fresh start, wouldn't it? And what's standing in the way of this enticing prospect? You're right, a bunch of assholes. A bunch of assholes who think what they "have" defines who they "are." Not only that but the more shit you have the more power you have over what others can say or do. It's totally remarkable! A guy like me wants nothing from you, nothing at all, but you want me to cede my power to you. Where do you come up with this shit?

Look, here's a story...

The other day I was in a Starbuck's gagging on the ridiculous shit they call coffee and dunking a lemon snoozle bar in the odious black muck when I overheard a group of young people talking at the next table. I tried hard not to listen but my hearing aid was positioned in just the right spot so that I could clearly hear every word.

"My portfolio is literally bursting with cash and Buffy and I are taking the kids to St. Barts for a few weeks. What say you guys fly down with us?" That sounds good, Bob, let me check with my broker and make sure we can afford it. I would've said fine but, you know, the ski house in Aspen is now worth half of what it once was..." "Sure, Bill, just let me know by Thursday and I'll set it. Say, June, how do you feel about this Obamacare thing? Sounds alright to me but I'm just not completely convinced..." "I know what you mean, Bob, I'm a little uncertain too. I would've been a lot happier if they'd just passed Hillary's health care bill and instituted single payer insurance, but, there's still time I guess..." "I know what you mean, dear, me too. But when you remember the insurance and health care industries account for nearly 30% of the American economy it's not hard to see why she ruffled so many feathers. It must've seemed to them like the end of the world was coming."

I chuckled to myself to hear them talking so cavalierly about the end of the world beginning with economic chaos, much like it says in the Gospel of Donald, Ch. 43: 69. I slid my chair back a little so I could hear better and planned what I'd say when I finally turned around and confronted them.

"What about this gun nonsense, June, how do you stand on that?" Well, Bill, they should just confiscate them all and be done with it. It'd take some time and there'd be a lot of grumbling but do we really want people walking around in our schools with guns? I think it's a recipe for disaster myself.." "England's really cracking down now and, finally, gun crimes are begin to disappear. They started their big push in 2005 so the whole thing didn't take too long and there didn't seem to be a revolution about it." "I miss the house in England... oh well, anybody want another latte'?"
The Voice of Rosin

Seattle, WA

#853087 Feb 3, 2013
I turned around to speak to the three remaining young people at the table and immediately noticed they were all studying their laptops while sipping "coffee." On Bill's vacant machine I read... "

"Former Navy SEAL and bestselling author Chris Kyle was shot and killed on Saturday at a gun range in Texas.

Kyle, known as America's Deadliest Sniper, would sometimes take fellow veterans with PTSD out shooting as a way to help them get over the trauma of combat. That's exactly what he did on Saturday. He and a friend, Chad Littlefield, went to the gun range with Eddie Ray Routh, a vet struggling with PTSD. For unknown reasons Routh turned on his companions, shooting and killing both of them.

Routh fled the scene but was later arrested on two counts of capital murder.

Since retiring from the military, Kyle "devoted his life...to helping fellow soldiers overcome post-traumatic stress," the NYTimes reports. "Chris died doing what he filled his heart with passion - serving soldiers struggling with the fight to overcome PTSD," said his friend Travis Cox said in a statement.

Kyle is famous for his bestselling book American Sniper and is known as "America's deadliest sniper" for killing over 150 Iraqi insurgents. "

Life imitates art, apparently. More often in texas than anyplace else I remember thinking.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#853089 Feb 3, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
More evidence that y'all aren't already libertarians 'cause you think the Bill of Rights only has one amendment and just think its strange that they called it the "2nd".
Now try selling the same poster on a strictly defensive military as provided by the Constitution. That's usually where y'all break down and go the big government route.
Just ask Carol.
The military is a tool, it's implementation is directed by Congress and, to a degree, the President. The government is key to what the military does - unless there's a military coup.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#853090 Feb 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"We oppose all laws at any level of government requiring registration of, or restricting, the ownership, manufacture, or transfer or sale of firearms or ammunition."
Seems pretty clear on this subject.
It is clear but you're wasting your time trying to sell me on a Party I'm already a dues paying member of. You've never seen me advocate gun registration as a solution for gun violence. Your assignment was to sell mdbuilder on the idea of a purely defensive military.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
The Voice of Rosin

Seattle, WA

#853091 Feb 3, 2013
I awoke some hours later at the police station in a cell. By piecing fragments of memory together I realized what must have happened. When "Bill" got up from the table and I turned around and noticed the story on the laptop screen, "June" had seen me staring at the machine and assumed I intended to steal it, so she tazed me with a nice upwards shot under the table. Good God my balls hurt, thank God for the colostomy bag.

Location hidden

#853092 Feb 3, 2013
History 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't watch it to the very end then. No mistaking they were cheering.
I watched the entire video and maintain that even if they are "cheering" (which I still don't think you can conclusively state) there's no telling what they're cheering about within the context of the video. Somebody just told you what they were "cheering" about and that became your reality. This is your standard response to manipulation.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#853093 Feb 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Hyde clearly does not understand the difference between the deficit and the debt.
There is no reason why the deficit cannot be eliminated immediately.
I agree, no reason beyond the political price that would be paid doing it. That's why it won't get done with our two party system. Heck, your side refuses to even acknowledge four years of surpluses under Clinton.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Dr Guru 196,960
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr Whiny1 6,408
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr pingpong 54,502
ask amy 8-29-15 5 hr Julie 4
abby 8-28-15 6 hr Mister Tonka 4
Steve Wilkos : talk show host ? or simple mi... (Feb '08) 7 hr Tvlover 406
last post wins! (Dec '10) 10 hr Red_Forman 1,347
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages