Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
785,081 - 785,100 of 1,095,161 Comments Last updated 9 min ago
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

With black militancy on the rise, ghetto residents directed acts of anger at the police. Black residents growing tired of police brutality continued to riot. Some young people joined groups such as the Black Panthers, whose popularity was based in part on their reputation for confronting police officers. Riots among blacks occurred in 1966 and 1967 in cities such as Atlanta, San Francisco, Oakland, Baltimore, Seattle, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus, Newark, Chicago, New York City (specifically in Brooklyn, Harlem and the Bronx), and worst of all in Detroit.
THE DAYS BEFORE GARBAGE MAN AL SHARPTON
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, on that note, I have been seeing these commercials for PBA, for people who alternately cry out loud or laugh out loud, sponsored by a drug company. Are drug companies now just making up sh!t so they can sell the cure?
Gasp...surely not Homer..not the "angelic, not for pwofit (gag) robbinghoodieTic" big pharma.

Tsk...just pondersome..How DID out grandparents generations ever survive into their 80's with out them.

(often very well!!)

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I only post to one California mutt__well authentic one. Galt don't know where the fk he lives. 20/20 memories don't fail pal__what fails are the memories of full time topix posters who lose track of what name/proxy their using.
Well yours did. It was an ex"honey" and bringing home $200 a night was not unusual l. It was by no means the minimum she brought home and I never said it was.

Not sure what you proxy rant is supposed to mean.
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

LILY LIBS RUNS AWAY FROM BLACK FRIENDS LOLOLOLHAHAHAh In Detroit, a comfortable black middle class had begun to develop among families of blacks who worked at good-paying jobs in the automotive industry.[citation needed] Blacks who had not moved upward were living in much worse conditions, subject to the same problems as blacks in Watts and Harlem. When white police officers shut down an illegal bar on a liquor raid and arrested a large group of patrons during the hot summer, furious residents rioted.

One significant effect of the Detroit riot was the acceleration of "white flight", an ethnic succession by which ethnic white residents, who had become better established economically, moved out of inner-city neighborhoods to newer housing in the suburbs, which were first settled by European Americans, or whites. Poorer migrants and immigrants had the older housing in the city. Demonstrating the economic basis of the suburban migration, Detroit lost some of its black middle class as well, as did cities such as Washington, DC and Chicago during the next decades.

As a result of suburbanization, the riots, and migration of jobs to the suburbs, formerly prosperous industrial cities, such as Detroit, Newark, and Baltimore, now have less than 40% white population. Newark is close enough to New York to attract new immigrants from Asia and the Middle East as well. Changes in industry caused continued job losses, depopulation of middle classes, and concentrated poverty in such cities in the late 20th century.

President Johnson created the National Advisory Commission on Civil Disorders in 1967. The commission's final report called for major reforms in employment and public assistance for black communities. It warned that the United States was moving toward separate white and black societies.

THE BAILOUT REALLY HELPED DETROIT LOLOLOL BLACK MIDDLE CLASS IS BACK THANKS BARAK lololol
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

The Liberals next Icon!!

Menendez (Sex Scandal) if found guilty could receive up to 30 years I think that’s harsh!! My approach would be to offer the Senator two options, One; the Senator Resign, relinquish his government pension and all other benefits attach to his time served as a Senator or Two, serve the 30 years!!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Until 2017 when you assume the office of the president.
Do NOT expect heels...I don't like bunyuns damnit.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Good job escaping from the mental hospital.
Don't touch the blanket either lol.
:-)
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Gasp...surely not Homer..not the "angelic, not for pwofit (gag) robbinghoodieTic" big pharma.
Tsk...just pondersome..How DID out grandparents generations ever survive into their 80's with out them.
(often very well!!)
If I decifered this correctly I think you and I are in agreement on this one.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
WAXTURDS, for sure!
Hi Honey! I'm home!

I went out with the guys for a few drinks, so you know what I'm expecting, right?
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Black power, 1966Main article: Black Power
At the same time King was finding himself at odds with factions of the Democratic Party, he was facing challenges from within the Civil Rights Movement to the two key tenets upon which the movement had been based: integration and non-violence. Stokely Carmichael, who became the leader of SNCC in 1966, was one of the earliest and most articulate spokespersons for what became known as the "Black Power" movement after he used that slogan, coined by activist and organizer Willie Ricks, in Greenwood, Mississippi on June 17, 1966.

In 1966 SNCC leader Stokely Carmichael began urging African American communities to confront the Ku Klux Klan armed and ready for battle. He felt it was the only way to ever rid the communities of the terror caused by the Klan.[citation needed]

Several people engaging in the Black Power movement started to gain more of a sense in black pride and identity as well. In gaining more of a sense of a cultural identity, several blacks demanded that whites no longer refer to them as "Negroes" but as "Afro-Americans." Up until the mid-1960s, blacks had dressed similarly to whites and straightened their hair. As a part of gaining a unique identity, blacks started to wear loosely fit dashikis and had started to grow their hair out as a natural afro. The afro, sometimes nicknamed the "'fro," remained a popular black hairstyle until the late 1970s.

Black Power was made most public, however, by the Black Panther Party, which was founded by Huey Newton and Bobby Seale in Oakland, California, in 1966. This group followed the ideology of Malcolm X, a former member of the Nation of Islam, using a "by-any-means necessary" approach to stopping inequality. They sought to rid African American neighborhoods of police brutality and created a ten-point plan amongst other things.

Their dress code consisted of black leather jackets, berets, slacks, and light blue shirts. They wore an afro hairstyle. They are best remembered for setting up free breakfast programs, referring to police officers as "pigs", displaying shotguns and a raised fist, and often using the statement of "Power to the people".

Black Power was taken to another level inside prison walls. In 1966, George Jackson formed the Black Guerrilla Family in the California San Quentin State Prison. The goal of this group was to overthrow the white-run government in America and the prison system. In 1970, this group displayed their dedication after a white prison guard was found not guilty of shooting and killing three black prisoners from the prison tower. They retaliated by killing a white prison guard.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
With free devil dogs? Is that where all the devil dogs went?(even though Homer insisted devil dogs were NOT part of Hostess----Homer...another funny moment of wormduhmness...where they never admit they could be wrr...wrrrrr...wrrron....guh)
Duhmmy worms.
I think it's byodd
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

SAY IT LOUD BLACK AND PROUD Released in August 1968, the number one Rhythm & Blues single for the Billboard Year-End list was James Brown's "Say It Loud – I'm Black and I'm Proud".[80] In October 1968, Tommie Smith and John Carlos, while being awarded the gold and bronze medals, respectively, at the 1968 Summer Olympics, donned human rights badges and each raised a black-gloved Black Power salute during their podium ceremony.

Incidentally, it was the suggestion of white silver medalist, Peter Norman of Australia, for Smith and Carlos to each wear one black glove. Smith and Carlos were immediately ejected from the games by the United States Olympic Committee, and later the International Olympic Committee issued a permanent lifetime ban for the two. However, the Black Power movement had been given a stage on live, international television.

King was not comfortable with the "Black Power" slogan, which sounded too much like black nationalism to him. SNCC activists, in the meantime, began embracing the "right to self-defense" in response to attacks from white authorities, and booed King for continuing to advocate non-violence. When King was murdered in 1968, Stokely Carmichael stated that whites murdered the one person who would prevent rampant rioting and that blacks would burn every major city to the ground.

In every major city from Boston to San Francisco, racial riots broke out in the black community following King's death and as a result, "White Flight" occurred from several cities leaving Blacks in a dilapidated and nearly unrepairable city
Need Advice

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

The IRS is again telling me if I don't pay my back taxes before my death, my doctor has given me 6 months due to cancer, they will seize my body at death and will not allow my family to bury me until my back taxes are paid. Does anybody know if I go to Mexico to die, can my body be brought back into the United States without the IRS finding out?
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

WHY IS THE GAY AGENDA AND UNDOCUMENTED ALIENS MY AGENDA There was an international context for the actions of the U.S. Federal government during these years. It had stature to maintain in Europe and a need to appeal to the people in the Third World.[86] In Cold War Civil Rights: Race and the Image of American Democracy, the historian Mary L. Dudziak argued that Communists critical of the United States criticized the nation for its hypocrisy in portraying itself as the "leader of the free world," when so many of its citizens were subjected to severe racial discrimination and violence. She argued that this was a major factor in the government moving to support civil rights legislation
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Well yours did. It was an ex"honey" and bringing home $200 a night was not unusual l. It was by no means the minimum she brought home and I never said it was.
Not sure what you proxy rant is supposed to mean.
I think we are all in agreement then. Should be about time for a cold one.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> HAHAHAHAHA!!!!.
Don't tell me, you are going to say oil is not subsidized.
So SurpriZeturd

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
Spell it WAXRURDS.
You're spelling your latest fantasy boyfriend why? ROTFLMAO!
Jimmy

Newington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Presi-DENT oBOZO tod us Al Qaeda was on he run.

Bomber kills guard in terror attack on US Embassy in Turkey

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/01/at...

WTF?

Lying Muslim Hussien Obama.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

History101 wrote:
<quoted text>
If only we were all as brilliant with as much expertise in the fields of science and history as you are.
Apparently, you missed at least one class in history where the rest of us learned that if we don't learn from the mistakes of the past, we're bound to repeat them. It was a History 101 class.
dumb carol talks of learning...now, that, my children is called irony...in health class they will tell you that those suffering from diabetes induced dementia don't get it. http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-january...
So SurpriZeturd

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Honey! I'm home!
I went out with the guys for a few drinks, so you know what I'm expecting, right?
ROTFLMAO !!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

74 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy 8-20 7 min RACE 11
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Rogue Scholar 05 176,665
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 min RACE 97,741
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 17 min Jonah1 49,237
Amy 8-19 30 min RACE 10
Abby 8-20 37 min Mister Tonka 5
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr CitiZen9 3,897
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info