Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#852745 Feb 2, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
So??
There are always corrections.
Point is, you talk down the economy, clearly indicating you're not participating in it.
Either that, or you don't believe what you preach.
You're on the sidelines while the Markets are cooking!!
DOW gained 7.26% in 2012. You missed it because you believed the economy would crash.
What did your CD's make?? Your money market??
Don't deny it, you only look more stupid.
DOW was up over 6% in Jan 2013 alone.
So a 10% correction in the context of a secular bull market is just a normal event.
There hasn't been a 10% correction since Summer 2011, so one is overdue. DUH
That one left the DOW at 11,383.
It's gone up nearly 3,00 points since Aug. 2011.
Your pessimism has kept you on the outside looking in on a great rally in equities.
that's why you're a loser. Your 'chicken little' routine has been proven wrong for years now.
Yet you persist with your ignorance.
I have told you before I don't have CDs (other than the ones with music on them) or a money market or a 401(k). I buy stocks. I don't sell them ever. I only buy certain ones for dividends..
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#852746 Feb 2, 2013
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt has never recovered his one visit to Manhattan where everyone pointed and stared at his overalls and cowboy boots
He is a rabid antisemite who claims allegiance to "Izrul".!!
She's just so hot for Galt today; shall her faux husband be notified?
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#852747 Feb 2, 2013
<quoted text>
How much do you pay Juan?
lily considers switching pimps.
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#852748 Feb 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Quotes? Those were my own opinions, ya dope. What good has Romney done? Introduce Vogue cigarettes to youn g Russians? Throw in a little two cent bracelet from China?
Steal people's pensions? Fire people? Falsely inflating companies values and bankrupting them ? He's a thief and a liar
Obama always has been; you two have so much in common.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#852749 Feb 2, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Mexicans in California work hard and are not nearly as offensive as the New York trash that populates Florida ghettos like Boca.
I dont know about that I would say its worse.

Mexican mafia: new crime syndicate in California

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/kouri/050...

California Iraqi-Mexican crime ring busted, police say

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/19/us-...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#852751 Feb 2, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I have told you before I don't have CDs (other than the ones with music on them) or a money market or a 401(k). I buy stocks. I don't sell them ever. I only buy certain ones for dividends..
You've never explained why someone as bearish as you would own stocks.

You claim Obama's destroying the economy, yet you own stocks.

Makes no sense. But it's obvious you don't believe the right wing propaganda, or you wouldn't own stocks.

Many who think like you are out of stocks.

If you truly believed what you predict, you'd sell now and buy back in at much lower prices, as you believe the market is overvalued..

By holding your dividend stocks, you've voting for Obama!!

You really don't understand any of this, do you??
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#852752 Feb 2, 2013
Obama Team Mocks ‘Skeeters’ After Release Of White House Photo

Following the release of a photo showing President Barack Obama shooting clay targets — a response to those who have raised doubt at Obama's recent claim that he goes skeet shooting "all the time" — two members of the White House's inner circle on Saturday responded to the skeptics on Twitter.

David Plouffe, Obama's 2008 campaign manager and an outgoing White House adviser, took a swipe at the "skeet birthers." "Make our day," wrote Plouffe:

Attn skeet birthers. Make our day - let the photoshop conspiracies begin!

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/o...

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/w...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#852753 Feb 2, 2013
Skeeter? A CNN Journalist Did a Segment Insinuating Obama’s Lying About His Shooting

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/01/29/sk...

there are so many layers of irony there that i don't even know where to start.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#852754 Feb 2, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
If the only good black kid was a dead black kid why would they care who pulled the trigger?
Well, the fact that Zimmerman is a Peruvajew does give them some problems, but his pappy was a republican magistrate and he didn't get the job in law enforcement he tried for by registering democratic rather levels the playing field...oh, hell, they really don't care who shot the black kid as long as someone gets away with it.
rider

Gwinn, MI

#852755 Feb 2, 2013
INSTITUTE FOR HISTORICAL REVIEW .You are hereHome » 9. The Journal of Historical Review Index: Volume 9 (1989)
Propaganda and Disinformation:
How the CIA Manufactures History

By Victor Marchetti

In the eyes of posterity it will inevitably seem that, in safeguarding our freedom, we destroyed it. The vast clandestine apparatus we built up to prove our enemies' resources and intentions only served in the end to confuse our own purposes; that practice of deceiving others for the good of the state led infallibly to our deceiving ourselves; and that vast army of clandestine personnel built up to execute these purposes were soon caught up in the web of their own sick fantasies, with disastrous consequences for them and us.

-- Malcom Muggeridge, May 1966

That, in a nutshell, sums up what the CIA has accomplished over the years through its various clandestine propaganda and disinformation programs. It has unwittingly and, often, deliberately decieved itself -- and the American taxpayer. The CIA is a master at distorting history -- even creating its own version of history to suit its institutional and operational purposes. It can do this largely because of two great advantages it possesses. One is the excessively secret environment in which it operates, and the other is that it is essentially a private instrument of the presidency.

http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v09/v09p305_Marchetti ....
rider

Gwinn, MI

#852756 Feb 2, 2013

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#852757 Feb 2, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you????? "China has emerged in the past two years as the world’s leading builder of more efficient, less polluting coal power plants, mastering the technology and driving down the cost."
I had said China was building generation plants that were more efficient than many of our plants.
Read all the way to the end.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#852758 Feb 2, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You've never explained why someone as bearish as you would own stocks.
You claim Obama's destroying the economy, yet you own stocks.
Makes no sense. But it's obvious you don't believe the right wing propaganda, or you wouldn't own stocks.
Many who think like you are out of stocks.
If you truly believed what you predict, you'd sell now and buy back in at much lower prices, as you believe the market is overvalued..
By holding your dividend stocks, you've voting for Obama!!
You really don't understand any of this, do you??
Obviously for the dividends

When's dawn?

#852760 Feb 2, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Skeeter? A CNN Journalist Did a Segment Insinuating Obama’s Lying About His Shooting
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/01/29/sk...
there are so many layers of irony there that i don't even know where to start.
Connect the dots? tv.msnbc.com/.../ed-show-poll-will-republican... ...
History 101

Orlando, FL

#852762 Feb 2, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
OUR past, Dave. Are you Yeah?
Chronologically, our past doesn't matter. What does matter is when arrogance is coupled with presumption. Liberals have an overriding obsession with being 'right', especially when it produces control.
That's true, but we forget our past at our peril. Mark my words, by the time this administration is finished we will no longer recognize our country.
History 101

Orlando, FL

#852763 Feb 2, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Well, the fact that Zimmerman is a Peruvajew does give them some problems, but his pappy was a republican magistrate and he didn't get the job in law enforcement he tried for by registering democratic rather levels the playing field...oh, hell, they really don't care who shot the black kid as long as someone gets away with it.
Come on, Leo. "Peruvajew?" that's so tasteless it's almost beneath you. Sure, you don't hesitate to call us racist when we excoriate a President who happens to be black, but when the shoes on the other foot it's a different story isn't it, soul sister?

Zimmerman is just another young man doing his duty to keep his neighborhood safe from black predators. His national origin is of no importance just that he was a good citizen looking out for his friends and family by shooting strangers in the face in self-defense.
jiminy cricket

Orlando, FL

#852766 Feb 2, 2013
Looks like the NRA will have to eat its own words again, none other than Israeli Prime Minister Bebe Netanyahu backs up the President's skeet shooting story. "Whenever I'm as Camp David with the president ensuring complete support for Israel forever, we often go outside and shoot a few skeet. We don't use clay pigeons, it's true, we use Palestineans from Gaza and the West Bank. Two Secret Service agents take hold of the arms and legs and toss a Palestinean or two high into the air so the President and I can shoot them."

When's dawn?

#852767 Feb 2, 2013
History 101 wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on, Leo. "Peruvajew?" that's so tasteless it's almost beneath you. Sure, you don't hesitate to call us racist when we excoriate a President who happens to be black, but when the shoes on the other foot it's a different story isn't it, soul sister?
Zimmerman is just another young man doing his duty to keep his neighborhood safe from black predators. His national origin is of no importance just that he was a good citizen looking out for his friends and family by shooting strangers in the face in self-defense.
dumb carol, please scroll me in the future...I was not addressing you, but Realtime or sonic, both of whom still are capable of understanding irony and getting the joke...you might want to stick with floDUH, et. al.

When's dawn?

#852768 Feb 2, 2013
History 101 wrote:
<quoted text>

Oops, carolann, I almost missed the need to correct you--Peruvajew shot the strange black teen in the heart--whether from lack of skill or intent, I do not know.
enlightened

United States

#852769 Feb 2, 2013
Congrats mr prez

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 31 min Earthling-1 52,998
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 33 min Guru 187,763
Are Jews Robbing America (May '10) 2 hr joey 5
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr TRD 69,782
abby may 3-15 6 hr mrs gladys kravitz 3
Amy May 3-15 8 hr mrs gladys kravitz 2
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 8 hr Doug77 5,946
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]