Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
785,021 - 785,040 of 1,081,760 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
Truth is no SIN

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

About 500 000 children would be left without insurance and the poorest Americans could be fined under President Obama’s new health care law because of a loophole that the administration and Congress failed to fix.

Lawmakers passed the Affordable Care Act in 2010 without taking care of a loophole that would make it impossible for low-income families to purchase health care for their themselves or their children. Under the health care law, anyone who fails to acquire insurance will be forced to pay a heavy tax penalty – including those who can’t afford their employer’s insurance plans.

To downplay the severity of the loophole, the administration is calling it a “glitch” and claiming that it was initially unable to address it because of the way Congress wrote the law. Now, two years after the law was voted on, the affordability loophole is posing a significant problem in wake of many of the provisions’ 2014 implementation.

The Obama administration initially planned to offer financial assistance to families to buy private health insurance if they cannot afford their employers’ options – but Congress did not include text for the financial assistance program in the Affordable Care Act.

Under the law, anyone who remains uninsured will be forced to pay heavy fines – including those who can’t afford their employer’s insurance plans. And the IRS on Wednesday refused to exempt such individuals from the fines.

Employer-sponsored health care plans are on the rise, but some families that are unable to afford the coverage offered by their job could be left uninsured when “Obamacare” goes into effect. In the legislation, affordable coverage is defined as costing no more than 9.5 percent of family income. But low-income workers might be unable to pay for the care offered by their employer – especially if it exceeds the affordability margin. Health insurance coverage also costs more if a worker has a family to cover, making it difficult for low-income families to also insure their children.

An average workplace plan costs about $5,600 per individual worker and about $15,700 for a family, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation. Paying three times as much might not be an option for those with insufficient incomes, thereby prompting them to leave their children uninsured.

Bruce Lesley, president of First Focus, told AP that close to 500,000 children could be left without insurance because of the loophole. Many families will not be able to afford coverage unless their employers help them pay for the premiums – which not all employers do.

In order to solve the problem, Congress would need to amend the health care law, since a significant measure is missing from the text and the IRS failed to exempt Americans who are poor and uninsured from financial penalties.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
"applying" for but how about "getting"? My friend who's undergoing chemo and radiation for lung cancer didn't qualify.
Exactly! They don't have a clue of what's involved; it's not an easy thing to qualify for and even if a person does, it can take years to be approved. A person could be dead by then. Not to mention the amount is not enough to sustain a person, I don't know if it's different from state to state but in Florida it was not over $500.00
People should have their own disability policies if they don't have the funds to survive till they recover, if they can.
Shakalaka

Morrow, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to be the most ignorant person here.
Obama submitted only two budgets to Congress in the four years he was supposed to submit a budget.
The sum total of votes in the entire Congress for each, and both of the two budgets Obama submitted of the four budgets Obama was supposed to submit was ZERO. That's NADA, NONE, ZILCH.
Obama gets virtually 100 percent of the black vote, and he can't get even one goddam vote from even the Congressional Black Caucus.
That means every Democrat in Congress thinks Obama is an idiot.
So, why do you treat him like some kind of deity while the real leaders of the Democratic Party think Obama is an ignorant idiot?
You people have some serious issues. We know why you hate this Great man...it is because he makes you all look like the damn fools you are. Regardless of how you freaks feel...OBAMA IS YOUR PRESIDENT...quit acting like a bunch of spoiled children before he throws your asses in the slammer for insubordination!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
when oysters are out of season, he fishs for young boys..
su boca es de color marrón

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Good idea.
Better for you to stay quiet than expose your stupidity, Emaam.
HAHAHA
You should take a good hard look at what you posted. It really makes no sense.
Truth is no SIN

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

On February 1, 1960, four students from the North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State Universtiy sat down at the lunch counter inside the Woolworth's store at 132 South Elm Street in Greensboro, North Carolina.[1] The men, later known as the Greensboro Four, ordered coffee.[5] Following store policy, the lunch counter staff refused to serve the African American men at the "whites only" counter and the store's manager asked them to leave.[6]

The four university freshmen – Joseph McNeil, Franklin McCain, Ezell Blair, Jr.(later known as Jibreel Khazan), and David Richmond – stayed until the store closed.[6]

The next day, more than twenty African American students who had been recruited from other campus groups came to the store to join the sit-in. Students from Bennett College, a college for African American women in Greensboro, joined the protest. White customers heckled the black students, who read books and studied to keep busy. The lunch counter staff continued to refuse service.[5]

Newspaper reporters and a TV videographer covered the second day of peaceful demonstrations and others in the community learned of the protests. On the third day, more than 60 people came to the Woolworth's store. A statement issued by Woolworth's national headquarters said the company would "abide by local custom" and maintain its segregated policy.[5]

More than 300 people took part on the fourth day. Organizers agreed to spread the sit-in protests to include the lunch counter at Greensboro's Kress store.[5]

As early as one week after the Greensboro sit-in had begun, students in other North Carolina towns launched their own sit-ins. Demonstrations spread to towns near Greensboro, including Winston-Salem, Durham, Raleigh, and Charlotte. Out-of-state towns like Lexington, Kentucky also saw protests.

The movement then spread to other Southern cities including Richmond, Virginia, and Nashville, Tennessee where the students of the Nashville Student Movement had been trained for a sit-in by civil rights activist James Lawson and had already started the process when Greensboro occurred. Although the majority of these protests were peaceful, there were instances where protests became violent.[7] For example, in Chattanooga, Tennessee, tensions rose between blacks and whites and fights broke out.[8] Another city where sit-ins occurred was Jackson, Mississippi. Students from Tougaloo College staged a sit-in on May 28, 1963. The incident is recorded in the autobiography of one of the members in attendance, Anne Moody. Moody described the treatment of the whites who were at the counter when they sat down, as well as the formation of the mob in the store and how they managed to finally leave the store.

As the sit-ins continued, tensions grew in Greensboro and students began a far-reaching boycott of stores that had segregated lunch counters. Sales at the boycotted stores dropped by a third, leading the stores' owners to abandon their segregation policies.[1] Black employees of Greensboro's Woolworth's store were the first to be served at the store's lunch counter, on July 25, 1960. The next day, the entire Woolworth's chain was desegregated, serving blacks and whites alike
THE HISTORY OF THE DEMOCRATIC KKK JIM CROW PARTY
Mort Tician

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! They don't have a clue of what's involved; it's not an easy thing to qualify for and even if a person does, it can take years to be approved. A person could be dead by then. Not to mention the amount is not enough to sustain a person, I don't know if it's different from state to state but in Florida it was not over $500.00
People should have their own disability policies if they don't have the funds to survive till they recover, if they can.
Jean is an excellent case in point.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I still think she's a tranny. I think it's absolutely apropos that Janesays is quoting her; they have the same vile beast personality
Ask Bill Maher. They use to be a couple.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

2:21PM on 2-1-2012

DOW JONES INDUSTRIALS 14,008.41.

First time over 14,000 since 2007, just as Bush was destroying the nation's economy!!

Thank you, President Obama!!
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
when oysters are out of season, he fishs for young boys..
Oysters are never out of season for me ,when the public season ends I have 250 acres of private ground , much like your season on boys.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

History101 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pointing out "the state-owned media ensures that news of the protests does not reach a national audience" in Communist China.
That, and outlawing guns, the government could confiscate people's land and property.
The state-owned media made sure people stayed cluless.
So, what's your excuse?

Conservative radio host Glenn Beck on Thursday blasted the Pentagon’s decision to lift the ban on women serving in combat roles by warning that the enemies of the United States would not “cower in defeat because we have a female, Hispanic, Eskimo, dwarf cross dresser and some handicapable, transgendered breast cancer survivor as a soldier on the front line.”

“Nobody wants to be a pig, nobody wants to say the unpopular things, we just want to talk about the truth tonight,” Beck explained at the top of his Thursday broadcast.“If a few feathers are ruffled, oh well.”

Raw Story ( http://s.tt/1zfQD )
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
No, how much?
Rand Paul is on a roll trying to privatize it. Last I read, DHS employed a half million people.
I have no clue lily__but it's part of the BushCo legacy and it's taken all the pleasure out of traveling by air.

That fkn group of morons grew government, and the expense of government beyond anyone's imagination. You could put a list of BushCo non$enSe on this thread every morning and these flakes would still be screaming about how Obama is ruining the country.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Ask Bill Maher. They use to be a couple.
Can you just envision that? She looks like a dominatrix. Maybe Bill likes to be spanked.
So SurpriZeturd

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
WAXTURDS sockpuppet MELTDOWN in progress.
You're melting down why? ROTFLMAO!
So SurpriZeturd

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
"WAXTURD" The delusional psychopathic turd that just wont flush.
Nostrilis Waxman/Goober/WAXTURDS aka known as the stalker "WAXBALLS topix troll clusterfvck, same troll-multiple id's==Delusional army of one:
Fake Not Surprized, RUSH10ME,Old Crazy Goober, Carter, Impeach Obama, Arguing withe idiots, Proud2bewhite, Carter, loulee rat mouth fl, Barney Frank (anyone from Temecula, CA), fake Dem, Lt Dan, LOL, lily's children, LOL, Floriduh, fukutu, Ignoramus, Liberals Eat Feces, DEM idiots, Billy Carter,, Warturds, CAE, Fetch N Stepinit, Rectal Liberal, Commie DemocRATs, Wartime, Billy C, Subversive Barry, Groucho, FUBO, King George, Patrick, Democrats are Fascists, Gay Ghost, VAGITARIAN, Jimmy, Bronach, Pete, King George, PTBW Forever, The Real Truth, WorthlessWhore, Louise, Cheryl
Subversive Barry wrote:
What a rediculous thing to say. You obviously are deficient in this area.
nostrilis waxman wrote:
another rediculous assert by a clueless moron:
<quoted text>
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
What is it like being dead Ghost?
You may do things on rare occassions but you live here. I feel sorry for you.
What is it like? Do you feel dead?
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
He lives here just like the Ghost does.
Tell me. What is it like being dead?
Groucho wrote:
Lehighton, PA
<quoted text>
Hiya Woofie. Ya got me confused with someone else.
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh sure You also have a Unicorn in the back yard,right? Toodles, ape man.
Democrats are Fascists wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ride your Unicorn often, liberal?
577856 Democrats are Fascists wrote: Have a nice day Richard Cranium. <quoted text>
Grey Moron wrote: <quoted text> What a perfect description of the typical liberal. Good job, Richard Cranium.
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:#395210 Jul 17, 2011 <quoted text> Look Richard Cranium. I already told you, NOT INTERESTED in you. It's obvious to me you were born from the anal canal (spelling police - what a moron - like I'm going to spell check posting to a loser).
Nostrilis Waxman 395208 Jul 17, 2011 No. Liberals who cannot adapt to society like you are homo-schooled Richard Cranium. Let me guess about you... You are an Obama voter?
Grey Moron Fairview, NJ ..and we thought you couldn't see past your bulbous nose. I guess that's not a problem when your eyes are on the side of your head. Oh, what a long tounge you have!
Grey Moron Fairview, NJ |#441048 Bored. You say a lot, but it means nothing. One can only deal with a moron like you in limited doses. I'm sure you've encoutered this before, like when you approach people at a party. Did you ever wonder why they scatter? Zzzzz.
Nostrilis Waxman Windsor, Ct #395266 Jul 17, 2011 I'm sure you're used to it. After all, when you walk up to people at a party, don't they go the other way too?
Nostrilis Waxman #93787 Mar 7, 2011 When you walk up to a group at a party, does everyone walk away from you? July 17, 2011
Nostrilis Waxman #395266 I'm sure you're used to it. After all, when you walk up to people at a party, don't they go the other way too? Is it sad liberal moron?
Nwaxman wrote: <quoted text> By the way, do like it Greek? I'll be gentle with you. I know you Democrats like to avoid talking about Greece! Can I call you my little Greeker?
Nwaxman wrote:
<quoted text>If you've got any balls, then spit them out because they're definitely not yours.
Dman wrote:
<quoted text>How's it going, Spork? Still have a mouthful of Barry?
Time for some chocolate cake and ice cream!
VAGITARIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
You can stand in line with the rest of the libtards and await your ass-pounding from the mods.
[nwaxman]I like big sweaty co ock in my azz whole!
Nwaxman wrote:
<quoted text>butt-crack
More people think you're actually insane why? ROTFLMAO!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>When the market is right , meaning any time I choose , I can walk strait through secure marine terminals and restricted areas of our US airports can you do that lily ??
You mean when the Marshals walk you through in your strait jacket??

That's the 'strait' you really mean.

English as a second language, Lt. Dan??
So SurpriZeturd

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
MELTDOWN!!!
You're melting what? ROTFLMAO!
Truth is no SIN

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

The emergence of the Black Power Movement, which lasted roughly from 1966 to 1975, enlarged the aims of the Civil Rights Movement to include racial dignity, economic and political self-sufficiency, and freedom from oppression by white Americans.

The movement was characterized by major campaigns of civil resistance. Between 1955 and 1968, acts of nonviolent protest and civil disobedience produced crisis situations between activists and government authorities. Federal, state, and local governments, businesses, and communities often had to respond immediately to these situations that highlighted the inequities faced by African Americans. Forms of protest and/or civil disobedience included boycotts such as the successful Montgomery Bus Boycott (1955–1956) in Alabama; "sit-ins" such as the influential Greensboro sit-ins (1960) in North Carolina; marches, such as the Selma to Montgomery marches (1965) in Alabama; and a wide range of other nonviolent activities.

Noted legislative achievements during this phase of the Civil Rights Movement were passage of Civil Rights Act of 1964,[1] that banned discrimination based on "race, color, religion, or national origin" in employment practices and public accommodations; the Voting Rights Act of 1965, that restored and protected voting rights; the Immigration and Nationality Services Act of 1965, that dramatically opened entry to the U.S. to immigrants other than traditional European groups; and the Fair Housing Act of 1968, that banned discrimination in the sale or rental of housing. African Americans re-entered politics in the South, and across the country young people were inspired to action.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

AmericanMan wrote:
<quoted text>Here's a little info that I had never thought about until the new Jan 13' tax law showed this change. Most of the Super Rich in America now claim all their income as Capital Gains. Until the new 2013 Tax Law changed this, none of these folks had been paying into Social Security or Medicare due to income listed as Capital Gains. The MOST Rich in America like Mitt had NOT been paying into Social Security or Medicare. Talk about takers.
This has to rank up close to the dumbest post ever.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Ray Lewis, so they say.
'Lewis gained notoriety for his involvement in a January 2000 fight that resulted in an indictment on murder and aggravated-assault charges. In a plea agreement he pled guilty to obstruction of justice in exchange for testimony against two other defendants.'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Lewis
He's black so it's probably assumed by rightwingers/tea baggers that he is guilty of murder.
Lewis paid his posse to take the blame.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

102 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 min Sublime1 97,560
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 6 min boundary painter 7,702
Amy 7-28 9 min Sublime1 7
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min Frank 174,893
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 15 min truth 48,929
Abby 7-28 23 min Sublime1 8
Why can't we all just get along? LOL 1 hr Tina Moore 1
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 28 at 9:22AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••