Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#851732 Jan 31, 2013
History 101 wrote:
The Joint Chiefs say in a letter to Congress that the cuts would create a "hollow force."
WASHINGTON — The military's top leaders are warning Congress that automatic spending cuts looming in March would force the Pentagon to slash operating budgets, weakening the armed forces and possibly forcing furloughs of 800,000 civilian employees.
The Joint Chiefs say in a letter to Congress that the cuts would create a "hollow force" and would require aircraft to be grounded and warships to return to port.
"Should this looming readiness crisis be left unaddressed, we will have to ground aircraft, return ships to port, and stop driving combat vehicles in training," said the Jan. 14 letter from Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey and his colleagues. "We are also now planning for the potential to furlough nearly 800,000 defense civilians who are essential to critical functions like maintenance, intelligence, logistics, contracting, and health care."
http://news.msn.com/politics/joint-chiefs-loo...
LIBERALISM 101 in display!!!

Hey, we need no guns, France did not need guns, we can always Kumbaya our way to death and destruction!

United States will NEVER, EVER, EVER be invaded or attacked. It never had and never will, Liberal History 101!!!

So we do NOT need a military because Democrats KNOW how to solve foreign affairs, they are experts. Let's trust on them!! Obama is an expert on foreign affairs, had you seen the peace in the Middle East?

Remember Carter and Iran? Liberals are peaceful Kumbaya politicians!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#851734 Jan 31, 2013
History 101 wrote:
The policies of this president and his party is doing more harm than good to minorities.
Is there anyone who hasn't figure that out yet?
MSNBC, CNN, ABC, and the rest of the Liberal Media, is making sure minorities do not realize what hitted them!

Only the ones the see Fox News become Conservatives themselves.
LooTER SHooTER

United States

#851735 Jan 31, 2013
Obama nominates Hagel because Hagel REFLECTS THE ANTI ISRAEL VIEWS OF OBAMA !
Obama is A muslem SYMPHATHIZER AND HAS ANTI ISRAEL VIEWS AND BELIEFS !

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#851736 Jan 31, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
That's you're best shot?
Only when you Ben Dover:]
Topic Reminder Service

Bristol, CT

#851737 Jan 31, 2013
Topic Reminder Service (TRS) is a publicly-funded non-political organization founded to update Forum Users with accurate factual reminders. This particular Topic could be - indeed has been - deemed out-of-date or "dead" since November 4th, 2008. However, persuant of common OPINION, it has remained one of the more-popular Topix to this day. At this point in time, over four years after the topic's origin and considering none of the facts will change for another four years (making for an estimated eight-year lifecycle), TRS is presenting the following reminders of FACT-

Barack Hussein Obama II is the 44th and current President of the United States. He is the first African American to hold the office. Obama is a graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, where he was president of the Harvard Law Review.

Born in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on August 4, 1961, he served three terms representing the 13th District in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2004, running unsuccessfully for the United States House of Representatives in 2000.

He began his first presidential campaign in 2007, defeating Republican nominee John McCain in the general election, and was inaugurated as president on January 20, 2009. Nine months later, Obama was named the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize laureate.

Obama was re-elected president in November 2012, defeating Republican nominee Mitt Romney. He is the first two-term Democrat POTUS since Franklin D. Roosevelt to win two presidential elections with a majority of the popular vote. During his second inaugural address on January 21, 2013, Obama called for full equality for gays: "Our journey is not complete until our gay brothers and sisters are treated like anyone else under the law- for if we are truly created equal, then surely the love we commit to one another must be equal as well."

On February 17, 2009, Obama signed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, a $787,000,000,000 economic stimulus package aimed at helping the economy recover from the deepening worldwide recession, thereby continuing an economic aid policy first instituted under the preceding (Republican) President George W. Bush.

Domestic policy items include the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act AKA Obama Care, signed into law on March 23, 2010. Barack Obama appointed two women to serve on the Supreme Court in the first two years of his Presidency. Sonia Sotomayor, nominated by Obama on May 26, 2009, was confirmed on August 6, 2009, becoming the first Hispanic Supreme Court Justice. Elena Kagan, nominated by Obama on May 10, 2010, was confirmed on August 5, 2010, bringing the number of women sitting simultaneously on the Court to three, for the first time in American history.

On January 16, 2013 President Obama outlined a series of sweeping gun control proposals, urging Congress to reintroduce an expired ban on "military-style" assault weapons, impose limits on ammunition magazines to 10 rounds, introduce background checks on all gun sales, pass a ban on possession and sale of armor-piercing bullets, as well as additional measures.

Notable foreign policy items include the draw-down of troops in Afghanistan and the end of military operations in Iraq as of August 31, 2010. On March 16, 2011, he authorized the U.S. Military to engage in air strikes against Libya's governmental air defense capabilities in order to protect civilians and enforce a no-fly zone. On May 1, 2011, Obama authorized a "surgical raid" by United States Navy SEALs in Abbottabad, Pakistan, resulting in the death of international terrorist and al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden and the seizure of papers, computer drives and disks from bin Laden's compound.
LooTER SHooTER

United States

#851738 Jan 31, 2013
LIBERALS CAUGHT CONSTANTLY IN SCANDALS- LIES- CONSPIRING ANTI CONSTITUTIONAL ACTS AND AMERICA CRIPPLING DECISIONS !
Liberals are self destructing fools.

Lapeer, MI

#851739 Jan 31, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, trying to explain how to use logical thinking to this bunch of right wing morons is hardly worth the bother. I haven't seen even a flicker of intelligence from any of your posts so that's why I've pretty much ignored you. Ask if you'd like to be schooled, I'll do my best.
So a toothless bag full of Periodontitis and age-old stud juice is going to teach us how to brush our teeth and swallow properly?

Slam your head in a doorway 10 times and call me in the morning, goober.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#851740 Jan 31, 2013
John Galt wrote:
Government employees with pensions might like this idea from a civil rights icon:
Jesse Jackson Proposes Creation of a New Lender
By WILLIAM ALDEN
The Rev. Jesse Jackson has often spoken out about banks' abuses in minority communities.
There’s been no shortage of ideas for how to jump-start economic growth in the aftermath of the financial crisis. But a new one comes with a high-profile backer: the Rev. Jesse L. Jackson.
At a three-day conference in New York that began on Wednesday, Mr. Jackson discussed a proposal for increasing the availability of capital by using pension money to make loans in low-income communities. The idea is getting a prominent debut at the 16th annual Wall Street Project Economic Summit, hosted by Mr. Jackson’s Rainbow PUSH Coalition and the Citizenship Education Fund.
“We’ve got to think outside the present fiscal-cliff-debt-ceiling box,” Mr. Jackson said in an interview on Wednesday.“We must have some plan for reconstruction.”
The conference features some big names, with a keynote speech from former President Bill Clinton. The comptroller of New York, John C. Liu, who oversees the city’s pension funds, is speaking on Thursday.
Mr. Jackson, who regularly speaks out about banks’ abuses in minority communities, envisions the creation of a lender similar to development banks in other countries. With political gridlock in Washington, and with banks limiting access to capital, a separate solution is needed, Mr. Jackson said, comparing the idea to the Marshall Plan.
Using pension money would simultaneously achieve another of Mr. Jackson’s goals: encouraging pensions to focus on socially responsible investments.
“New York would be a great place to do this,” Mr. Jackson said.“You’ve got Harlem and Wall Street on the same island.”
There is precedent in the city for getting creative with pension funds. Mr. Jackson recalled the fiscal crisis in 1975, when the investment banker Felix G. Rohatyn engineered a rescue. That plan involved pension funds backing the city’s debt.
Fundamentally, Mr. Jackson’s proposal is about leveling the playing field.
“We bailed out the banks,” Mr. Jackson said.“We didn’t bail out the victims of the recession.”
As for Mr. Jackson, it may take a thief to catch a thief but a Wolf should not be allowed into the Hen House when he claims to know how to properly lay eggs or f*ck the chickens.

Mr. Racist Jackson needs to be put out to pasture along with his racist thief and political failure son.

Lapeer, MI

#851741 Jan 31, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Walmart would be legally responsible for accepting an invalid credit card charge.
You have no legal liability unless you sign for the charge.
Chances are, dem was probably using a stolen credit card to begin with so he would have no legal standing to sue WalMart.

Lapeer, MI

#851743 Jan 31, 2013
discardian wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no way I'm going to tolerate the constant lying of the liberal communistas over the very fabric of the United States. We need to dig in our heels and make sure there is still a nation of rugged individualists left after four more years of O'bummer.
"...we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender,...."

As divisive as the Jerk-In-Chief is, as anti-American, as anti-Constitutional, as anti-freedom and as collectivist as the Boy Messiah is, I am surprised that his hair hasn't been parted this far yet. He is revered by lazy takers and hated by giving workers.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#851744 Jan 31, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I can smell what comes next.
Did Real Brother get racial reassignment surgery and come back as a racist, white midget?
By the Realbrother criteria, Obama is definitely black.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#851745 Jan 31, 2013
Need Advice wrote:
My doctor has given me bewteen 3 to 6 months to live due to cancer. I owe the IRS $358,467.00 I have explained to them I don't have the money and will be dying soon. They said they would seize my body at death and will not release it to my family until my taxes are paid, is this something they can really do?
Ghost already tried that act.

Lapeer, MI

#851746 Jan 31, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Emaam?
Why does this nut always come to your aide?
Think he heard me mention you needed a helping hand?
dem is always giving a helping hand to perverts who want them.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#851747 Jan 31, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you're my minion.
Don't mind throwing you mutts a few bonez.
The next time your in the sh*thouse and a fly lands on your nose, beat the living daylights out of it with a hot waffle iron, OK?

Don't bother washing your hands first, either.
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

#851748 Jan 31, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
"...we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender,...."
As divisive as the Jerk-In-Chief is, as anti-American, as anti-Constitutional, as anti-freedom and as collectivist as the Boy Messiah is, I am surprised that his hair hasn't been parted this far yet. He is revered by lazy takers and hated by giving workers.
Yep , I have often thought the same thing .

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#851749 Jan 31, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know for sure that more people wouldn't have died at Benghazi if it had been handled differently? Even if we had sent a regiment to protect this embassy do you really know for sure what the death count would have been?
Bottom line, suppose it was handled wrong. Only Obama haters and lunatics would expect that the President of the United States of America should have been in charge of security at an embassy.
The problem was the United States interfering in the Libyan civil war and supplying weapons to Al Qaeda, not the security at the consulate. Then making the situation worse by the bogus video story. Obama was in charge of all of this.

However, I do agree that we would have needed a much larger military force to defend the consulate against a coordinated government military attack.

Lapeer, MI

#851750 Jan 31, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you come over and itch my foot, lady?
Sure. Can I bring my chainsaw?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#851752 Jan 31, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll never get anywhere, period. If earned wealth is an anathema to you, what is it you strive for, mediocrity, insignificance? If that's your goal in life, you're living in the wrong country.
Well said, but a waste of time when talking to the Obamabot left.

Their vision of success is a free cell phone.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#851755 Jan 31, 2013
Im cumming4u wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, you are aware that .1% equates to one-tenth of one percent don't you? And you did get the memo about the global recession didn't you? Are you from some other planet or is your entire family retarded? Sarah? Sarah, dat you?
Negative is negative. If the GDP growth was plus 0.1%, would you be celebrating?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#851756 Jan 31, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
We know you are 'jackoff of all trades', but we weren't discussing the legality of the issue.
But a nitwit like you has nothing better to do than nitpick the shit out of something in hopes the point will get buried.
I don't mean to give you any credit but you're in fact the second dumbest guy here.
If a Walmart employee commits a crime while working as their agent, should the chief executive officer be informed of said crime, post haste, and also handle it personally? Even though he has thousands of security and staff to handle somewhat minor issues.
Now before you take the bait, we aren't talking crime of the century, hillbilly.
We are working off the narrative I posted earlier about an "associate" (checkout person) stealing my credit card info.
Would the victim be able to sue and or blame the Walton family?
Careful now hillbilly
Don't answer too quick like you know where this is going.
Db, emaam, don't bother replying.
You're dumber than Galt.
1a and 1b
You would need to suffer a loss (damages) before you could sue.

Your suit would be against the corporation, not the Walton family, who are not part of management.

Obama is the CEO of the US government.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 32 min Mister Tonka 98,196
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 46 min NevadaBob 1,918
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Blwlgo 4,016
Abby 9-13-14 2 hr cheluzal 19
Ask Amy 9-13-14 2 hr cheluzal 15
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr KiMerde 49,788
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr TRD 68,464
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr LRS 177,956
Amy 9-15 7 hr liner 10
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search