Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
784,521 - 784,540 of 1,083,310 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

Since: Nov 09

Alamo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Another sock puppet Ghostie? Why do you even bother. Your brand of stupid can't be hidden.
I agree, trying to explain how to use logical thinking to this bunch of right wing morons is hardly worth the bother. I haven't seen even a flicker of intelligence from any of your posts so that's why I've pretty much ignored you. Ask if you'd like to be schooled, I'll do my best.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> But, the idea that man pumping greenhouse gases into our atmosphere for decades changes our climate is unthinkable, absurd, a big lie.
The planet is not static. It has many ways to deal with heat, CO2, and any other nonsense you want to think up. It has been around 5 billion years. We have been around maybe 100,000. 71% of the Earth's surface is covered by ocean. Who knows how much plankton lives there and what amount of CO2 they use every day. Throw in land plants and I think you have a pretty good filtering system.

Want to drive a libtard crazy? Ask them, at any given time, how much cloud cover or rainfall there is on the planet. They can't tell you.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Government employees with pensions might like this idea from a civil rights icon:

Jesse Jackson Proposes Creation of a New Lender

By WILLIAM ALDEN

The Rev. Jesse Jackson has often spoken out about banks' abuses in minority communities.

There’s been no shortage of ideas for how to jump-start economic growth in the aftermath of the financial crisis. But a new one comes with a high-profile backer: the Rev. Jesse L. Jackson.

At a three-day conference in New York that began on Wednesday, Mr. Jackson discussed a proposal for increasing the availability of capital by using pension money to make loans in low-income communities. The idea is getting a prominent debut at the 16th annual Wall Street Project Economic Summit, hosted by Mr. Jackson’s Rainbow PUSH Coalition and the Citizenship Education Fund.

“We’ve got to think outside the present fiscal-cliff-debt-ceiling box,” Mr. Jackson said in an interview on Wednesday.“We must have some plan for reconstruction.”

The conference features some big names, with a keynote speech from former President Bill Clinton. The comptroller of New York, John C. Liu, who oversees the city’s pension funds, is speaking on Thursday.

Mr. Jackson, who regularly speaks out about banks’ abuses in minority communities, envisions the creation of a lender similar to development banks in other countries. With political gridlock in Washington, and with banks limiting access to capital, a separate solution is needed, Mr. Jackson said, comparing the idea to the Marshall Plan.

Using pension money would simultaneously achieve another of Mr. Jackson’s goals: encouraging pensions to focus on socially responsible investments.

“New York would be a great place to do this,” Mr. Jackson said.“You’ve got Harlem and Wall Street on the same island.”

There is precedent in the city for getting creative with pension funds. Mr. Jackson recalled the fiscal crisis in 1975, when the investment banker Felix G. Rohatyn engineered a rescue. That plan involved pension funds backing the city’s debt.

Fundamentally, Mr. Jackson’s proposal is about leveling the playing field.

“We bailed out the banks,” Mr. Jackson said.“We didn’t bail out the victims of the recession.”
Im cumming4u

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

I have a friend in West Virginia funnily enough. He's a terrible poacher and shoots essentially everything all year round.

A striver from the city bought the small island in front of his house and posted the land. We ignored the signs and hunted and fished the land as we always had.

One day, the new owner - the striver I mentioned _ appeared on the river bank with a huge German Shepherd and a pistol on his hip. He was nattily dressed too, I remember that. We were duck hunting and at the very moment the striver unleashed his basso command two teal shot down the path between the island and the mainland. My good friend shot the one on the left and I shot the one on the right. We were using my dogs and I set them on the limp birds before they could wash away downriver.

The striver, obviously upset that he had been ignored, unholstered the pistol. At that point my good friend unloaded his Remington pump into the big, proud dog. Where once stood 100 lbs of perfect German breeding and thousands of dollars in training fees, now, there was a red spot with ears.

Collect your money. Save it, steal it, wall it up with bricks in the basement. Take it out at night and count it. Make love to it. But if you ever make the mistake of thinking that money buys obedience from others then mark my words above. Your money means nothing to me. If you think it does then we are likely to quarrel. If we quarrel then I will make you the unhappiest man in the world because I don't fight fair either.

So. In light of the above, can't we all just get along?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>So you're complimenting Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama on their leadership?
No, both passed the buck on Benghazi and blamed it on some video maker.
Im cumming4u

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Oh, and keep your filthy family out of the river when I'm there, I despise noise.
dem

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>I'll stand still while you hump my leg. Let me know when you're done.
I'm not your wife.
dem

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text>The planet is not static. It has many ways to deal with heat, CO2, and any other nonsense you want to think up. It has been around 5 billion years. We have been around maybe 100,000. 71% of the Earth's surface is covered by ocean. Who knows how much plankton lives there and what amount of CO2 they use every day. Throw in land plants and I think you have a pretty good filtering system.

Want to drive a libtard crazy? Ask them, at any given time, how much cloud cover or rainfall there is on the planet. They can't tell you.
Lol!!!!!

Doubling down on his dumb.

What took so long, idiot?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
so if an associate, at say walmart, steals my credit card number and buys some cheap chinese crap, from say walmart. i can hold the walton family responsible cause they are the boss?
your logic is funny, racist hillbilly.
Walmart would be legally responsible for accepting an invalid credit card charge.

You have no legal liability unless you sign for the charge.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> The planet is not static. It has many ways to deal with heat, CO2, and any other nonsense you want to think up. It has been around 5 billion years. We have been around maybe 100,000. 71% of the Earth's surface is covered by ocean. Who knows how much plankton lives there and what amount of CO2 they use every day. Throw in land plants and I think you have a pretty good filtering system.
I don't drink coffee, so I'm doing my part.

CO-2 Decaf Method

This method uses two natural elements, pure water and carbon dioxide ( together they make "Sparkling Water") to extract caffeine from the coffee grains. This method was discovered by Kurt Zosel, a well named scientific, of the Max Plank Institute.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol!!!!!
Doubling down on his dumb.
What took so long, idiot?
Just stand still, flack. He will be done in a few seconds.

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
I should charge you for an education.
People died
then
Obama/Hillary lied.
Warnings were issued, Obama/Hillary ignored them, did nothing. Then they lied about it.
What was this lie? What did the CIA say it its original report? Why would they lie?
Im cumming4u

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

You see, Muddy? You got nuthin' I want or ever have wanted. But you want sumthin' from me, don' you, baby? In fact, you demand it. Big mistake. That'll get that boy hurt bad.

But I tell you what I'll do. I'm gonna drop down to Shreveport and give the other redneck a chance to kill me. I'll keep you posted. Who knows? He might be less of a useless old fatty than he sounds?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
GDP down .1% last quarter, that your idea of "going great"?
Obama inherited that from the last president.
Im cumming4u

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
GDP down .1% last quarter, that your idea of "going great"?
Um, you are aware that .1% equates to one-tenth of one percent don't you? And you did get the memo about the global recession didn't you? Are you from some other planet or is your entire family retarded? Sarah? Sarah, dat you?
Im cumming4u

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

discordian wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know that, there's no conclusive proof, they are legitimate scientists who disagree.
There's also no evidence that we can do anything constructive about it.
Um, no there aren't. But I do have to complement you on your new avatar which I shall abscond with shortly. It shows some sort of a man in a suit I guess, and he has no head. Couldn't have described you better myself.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Are any of you global warming folks doing anything to save the rain forests?

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't drink coffee, so I'm doing my part.

CO-2 Decaf Method
This method uses two natural elements, pure water and carbon dioxide ( together they make "Sparkling Water") to extract caffeine from the coffee grains. This method was discovered by Kurt Zosel, a well named scientific, of the Max Plank Institute.
Me neither. I could never stand the stuff.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Just stand still, flack. He will be done in a few seconds.
Lol!
Im cumming4u

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

I would just like to say before I disappear into the ether, the republican party is as a dead thing. The Israeli lobby is as a dead thing. Don't be as a dead thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

85 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 min Cali Girl 2014 49,005
Amy 7-30 9 min Stina2 9
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 20 min LRS 175,089
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 27 min Stina2 97,575
Christianity 37 min larry 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr litesong 45,875
Abby 7-30 2 hr Mister Tonka 7
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••