Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1275357 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#852059 Feb 1, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
...talking points memo....
We respectable negroes.....
it's all about credibility isn't it?

Heritage has none.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#852060 Feb 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Anne Coulter has a column and TV appearances, while you blog from a moldy condo in the Boca ghetto.
Yeah, I know you rightwingers like women who used to be men, or look like men. She's all yours
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#852062 Feb 1, 2013
ORIGINAL STORY -- Police in Texas are hunting for two suspects who allegedly opened fire on a county employee outside a courthouse early Thursday morning, Fox News reports.

The victim, a prosecutor at Kaufman County Courthouse, was fatally shot, according to sources including the Dallas Morning news.

Authorities are searching for two male suspects, dressed in all black and driving a silver, "older model" Ford Taurus, according to KLTV. One suspect is believed to be wearing a tactical vest.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/31/kauf...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#852063 Feb 1, 2013
Bruce Bartlett:

At least a few conservatives now recognize that Republicans suffer for epistemic closure. They were genuinely shocked at Romney’s loss because they ignored every poll not produced by a right-wing pollster such as Rasmussen or approved by right-wing pundits such as the perpetually wrong Dick Morris. Living in the Fox News cocoon, most Republicans had no clue that they were losing or that their ideas were both stupid and politically unpopular.

I am disinclined to think that Republicans are yet ready for a serious questioning of their philosophy or strategy. They comfort themselves with the fact that they held the House (due to gerrymandering) and think that just improving their get-out-the-vote system and throwing a few bones to the Latino community will fix their problem. There appears to be no recognition that their defects are far, far deeper and will require serious introspection and rethinking of how Republicans can win going forward. The alternative is permanent loss of the White House and probably the Senate as well, which means they can only temporarily block Democratic initiatives and never advance their own.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articl...

in a saner day Bruce worked for the Heritage Foundation.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#852064 Feb 1, 2013
Eighth embassy bombing since Hilary took control.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#852066 Feb 1, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Bruce Bartlett:
At least a few conservatives now recognize that Republicans suffer for epistemic closure. They were genuinely shocked at Romney’s loss because they ignored every poll not produced by a right-wing pollster such as Rasmussen or approved by right-wing pundits such as the perpetually wrong Dick Morris. Living in the Fox News cocoon, most Republicans had no clue that they were losing or that their ideas were both stupid and politically unpopular.
I am disinclined to think that Republicans are yet ready for a serious questioning of their philosophy or strategy. They comfort themselves with the fact that they held the House (due to gerrymandering) and think that just improving their get-out-the-vote system and throwing a few bones to the Latino community will fix their problem. There appears to be no recognition that their defects are far, far deeper and will require serious introspection and rethinking of how Republicans can win going forward. The alternative is permanent loss of the White House and probably the Senate as well, which means they can only temporarily block Democratic initiatives and never advance their own.
in a saner day Bruce worked for the Heritage Foundation.
LTR isn't it?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#852067 Feb 1, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I still think she's a tranny. I think it's absolutely apropos that Janesays is quoting her; they have the same vile beast personality
The only vile beast is you, vodka or no vodka.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LeftwingNuts

West Hartford, CT

#852068 Feb 1, 2013
Obama's jobs council just got the pink slip.

Anyone get a job lately?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#852069 Feb 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Me too!
See...I knew it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#852070 Feb 1, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
And Beyonce is an international Star, who could buy and sell the likes of Ann Coulter a thousand times over.
while you sit in Centralia, Pa, breathing the fumes and bitching about a woman who's more rich, beautiful, talented, and famous than any of your wingnut heroes/heroines.
Besides, Coulter's a Catholic. You've often mentioned your hatred for Catholics, as well las every other religion.
You lose.
Beyonce's a Star, while Coulter's looking old and anorexic. Funny you'd defend a wench who Bill Maher used as a semen depository~~
<quoted text>
Five more years and Bouncy will look like Aretha Franklin did.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LeftwingNuts

West Hartford, CT

#852071 Feb 1, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
Eighth embassy bombing since Hilary took control.
Democrats rejoice!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#852072 Feb 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Yeah, I know you rightwingers like women who used to be men, or look like men. She's all yours
I thought Michelle was happily married to Barack Hussein.(Those exposed arms are always a dead giveaway!)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#852073 Feb 1, 2013
Anyone see Wilhelm from Germany today? I don't see much grandiose lying and false bragging going on, just the regular lies and delusions from the regular libtards.

Hmmm, the thread spell checker is missing too.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#852075 Feb 1, 2013
History101 wrote:
<quoted text>
On ABC's This Week, White House political adviser, David Plouffe, said:“We are going to require some more revenues.”
Of course, they are.
Sure, but they cannot ever get enough from the "wealthy", no matter what percentage they confiscate.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#852076 Feb 1, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
LTR isn't it?
I was shocked beyond belief when it turned out that Bush really wanted a massive, budget-busting new entitlement program after all, apparently to buy himself re-election in 2004. He put all the pressure the White House could muster on House Republicans to vote for Medicare Part D and even suppressed internal administration estimates that it would cost far more than Congress believed. After holding the vote open for an unprecedented three hours, with Bush himself awakened in the middle of the night to apply pressure, the House Republican leadership was successful in ramming the legislation through after a few cowardly conservatives switched their votes.

It’s worth remembering that Paul Ryan, among other so-called fiscal hawks, voted for this irresponsible, unfunded expansion of government.

Suddenly, I felt adrift, politically and intellectually. I now saw many things I had long had misgivings about, such as all the Republican pork-barrel projects that Bush refused to veto, in sharper relief. They were no longer exceptions to conservative governance but its core during the Bush 43 years.

I began writing columns that were highly critical of Bush’s policies and those of Republicans in Congress—all based on solid conservative principles. In other words, I was criticizing them from the inside, from the right.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#852077 Feb 1, 2013
flack wrote:
I'm picking the 49's in case I don't get back on here.
Nice!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#852078 Feb 1, 2013
DEATH wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, go outside and look around. It'd be hard to make it mo' mediocre than it already is. But to you use of the expression, "reduced expectations." What were you expecting originally?
What Americans have always expected, which is growth and prosperity, instead of the failure that Obama presents.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#852079 Feb 1, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Bah, when/if Libertarians are ever in control and they ruin the country we'll attack them, until such time let's focus on bashing the Republicans until they weed the rightwing crazies from their ranks.
I'm on board. Line em up
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#852080 Feb 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Hillary on the other hand has a great foundation. Her ankles are like tree stumps! Speaking of Democrat women compared to Republican women, I can see why all the Democrat libtard men are so angry & frustrated!

http://alaiwah.wordpress.com/2010/05/25/why-r...

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#852081 Feb 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Me too!
Nice!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Agents of Corruption 196,959
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr Whiny1 6,408
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr pingpong 54,502
ask amy 8-29-15 5 hr Julie 4
abby 8-28-15 6 hr Mister Tonka 4
Steve Wilkos : talk show host ? or simple mi... (Feb '08) 6 hr Tvlover 406
last post wins! (Dec '10) 9 hr Red_Forman 1,347
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages