Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 39,223)

Showing posts 784,441 - 784,460 of1,073,280
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Need Advice wrote:
My doctor has given me bewteen 3 to 6 months to live due to cancer. I owe the IRS $358,467.00 I have explained to them I don't have the money and will be dying soon. They said they would seize my body at death and will not release it to my family until my taxes are paid, is this something they can really do?
Flack???
Demo KKK Rats

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

RepubliCLOWNS wrote:
<quoted text> thanks for your update scumbag.
As Eman said, when are you going to use your Nutcase Option MPD friend?

You've been busy today hiding. Don't be Surprized now!

One retard is enough.
Truth is no SIN

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

At last: a revolutionary African analysis of Django, a movie that “does not have the ability to criticize the institution of slavery.” Jamie Foxx’s character “does not enlist his captive brothers and sisters in the enterprise of ending slavery or their own enslavement.” And, he is disconnected, choosing only “to free his wife and to exact revenge for wrongs done to her.”

Django Unchained, Or,“Killing Whitey While Protecting White Power”: A Review

by Omali Yeshitela

This article originally appeared in Uhuru News.

“The main problem with Django is its function as a cover for slavery and capitalism.”

It has been a long time since a movie has sparked as much controversy as Django Unchained.

Written and directed by Quentin Tarantino, the movie stars Jamie Foxx as Django, a vengeance-motivated cowboy “ex”-slave.

Also appearing are Leonardo DiCaprio as Calvin Candie, a notoriously sadistic plantation slave owner; Christoph Waltz as Dr. King Shultz, a German bounty hunter who purchases, befriends and accompanies Django on his odyssey; Samuel L. Jackson as Stephen, the depraved “Uncle Tom” house negro; and Kerry Washington as Broomhilda, Django’s enslaved wife, whose sale and forced separation from Django is the motivation for his quixotic blood hunt.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Continuing a downward spiral that began last September during the Democratic National Convention, Fox News primetime ratings, in the key 25-54 year old demographic, have declined to numbers they haven’t seen since August of 2001. These are numbers that revert Fox back to the George Bush, pre-9/11 era when Fox was struggling for attention.

....Of course, as the ratings race heats up, Fox may decide to stop standing around watching their lead disappear. They will need to take bold steps to keep up with the competition. While O’Reilly is still pulling in decent numbers, Hannity is ratings loser and an embarrassment in terms of credibility. He has to be the first to go. Greta Van Susteren’s claim to fame was as an O.J. Simpson groupie who has never risen out of the tabloid mold in which she was formed. Now that her best pal and frequent guest (55 times), Sarah Palin, has been dumped by Fox, Van Susteren would be wise to update her resume. The most likely candidate to fill one of those vacancies would be Megyn Kelly, who has emerged as Fox’s most stridently biased anchor in the daytime.

There are those at Fox who know that a big part of the explanation for their decline is that the audience at large is no longer interested in the vitriolic smear jobs that Fox has specialized in for most of the past decade. They just watched President Obama get reelected, along with Democratic gains in both houses of Congress, despite their fierce determination to kneecap the Democrats and prop up the flailing GOP. They did the best they could to install a Republican regime with a coordinated campaign of propaganda and hate speech, but they failed miserably even in races they were expected to win. So they are aware that the public has rejected their best arguments and lies.

http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/...
Demo KKK Rats

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

RepubliCLOWNS wrote:
<quoted text> starting with republicans' failed policies and unwillingness to bring this country forward, keep supporting the party of failure nitwitt, you will never get anywhere unless you're filthy rich.
Wow! The zombie really buys into the class warfare stuff.

Just because you made poor decisions in life and are a dumb, lazy libtard, don't blame the rich, loser. You earned what you have and have nobody to blame except yourself, taker.
Truth is no SIN

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

THIS MOVIE WAS GARBAGE COMPARED TO BUCK AND THE PREACHER Adding to this bit of verbal Mandingo mud wrestling, Dick Gregory criticized Lee for criticizing the movie, calling Lee a “little thug.”

Not to be left out of the fray, Luther Campbell of 2 Live Crew said of Lee’s criticism,“Spike is upset because Samuel L. Jackson’s character in the movie is just like him: a conniving and scheming Uncle Tom.”

Other critics have complained about its historical inadequacies, such as the ability of Django, masquerading as a freed slave, to sit at a table with whites in Mississippi and enjoy other social amenities that would have been unheard of at the time—and which are problematic even today in the U.S.

The movie’s portrayal of violence is another cause of controversy, especially in the wake of the December 2012 Newtown, Connecticut, massacre of whites by one of their own, which has caused a new uproar about guns in the hands of anyone not wielding State power.

Some other reviews have been personal and subjective; noted author, Ishmael Reed, claimed that Jackson plays himself in the role of Stephen, the treacherous house slave.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
How will you feel if this turns out to be more than just allegations?
come on man. you know how i'd feel.

how will you feel if it's just more right wing fiction?

there is an established pattern of such things.
DemiCLOWNS

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

RepubliCLOWNS wrote:
<quoted text> starting with republicans' failed policies and unwillingness to bring this country forward, keep supporting the party of failure nitwitt, you will never get anywhere unless you're filthy rich.
And you voted twice for the incompetent Obama? Bwhahahahahahahaha...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I seem to remember an al Qaeda attack while that other fella was prez, you know, the goofy Texan? Anyway, did you declare his guilt?
Don't answer, this is the first post I've read today and I feel like I've already had my fill of stupid.
Yeah....you've been filled with stupid for a very long, long time.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Please state where it says otherwise.
You have about as good of an understanding of what type of government we have here in the United States as Obama. Let me educate you.

We have what is known as "limited government".
In a "limited government" the government cannot do anything the Constitution does not define as a function or responsibility for one of the three branches of government. If the Constitution does not authorize the government to do something, then by default the government is not allowed to do that.
Additionally, the Constitution does give what it refers to as the "free states" all authority not specifically defined as a federal authority, responsibility or function, provided the exercise of this authority by the free state does not violate the Constitution or infringe on any of the individual rights guaranteed in the Constitution.

It is types of governments like fascist dictatorships that are applicable to your response.

It would help a lot if both you and Obama had read the Constitution at least once in your lives.

So, show us the text from the Constitution, dufus.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah... right....
Barney Frank can throw his male page off his New York hotel balcony and run a male prostitution racket out of his house and be the Chairman of the House Financial Services Committee because he's a Democrat.
Menendez is hispanic. You can have video footage of him clubbing baby seals and making demo videos for NAMBLA and the Democrats won't touch him.
Its amazing how they can take right-wing rumors and reel them off as though they were established facts. Its sort of like their own language.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Truth is no SIN wrote:
At last: a revolutionary African analysis of Django, a movie that “does not have the ability to criticize the institution of slavery.” Jamie Foxx’s character “does not enlist his captive brothers and sisters in the enterprise of ending slavery or their own enslavement.” And, he is disconnected, choosing only “to free his wife and to exact revenge for wrongs done to her.”
Django Unchained, Or,“Killing Whitey While Protecting White Power”: A Review
by Omali Yeshitela
This article originally appeared in Uhuru News.
“The main problem with Django is its function as a cover for slavery and capitalism.”
It has been a long time since a movie has sparked as much controversy as Django Unchained.
Written and directed by Quentin Tarantino, the movie stars Jamie Foxx as Django, a vengeance-motivated cowboy “ex”-slave.
Also appearing are Leonardo DiCaprio as Calvin Candie, a notoriously sadistic plantation slave owner; Christoph Waltz as Dr. King Shultz, a German bounty hunter who purchases, befriends and accompanies Django on his odyssey; Samuel L. Jackson as Stephen, the depraved “Uncle Tom” house negro; and Kerry Washington as Broomhilda, Django’s enslaved wife, whose sale and forced separation from Django is the motivation for his quixotic blood hunt.
Oh I get it, Jamie Foxx is black and the president is black so...wait, no I'm not getting it. Did you have a point or are you in ticket sales?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Some Hagel Reax

The Hagel hearings are quite the window into the hawkish wing (that is, the largest wing) of the GOP. I think Hagel has done well in recognizing that complex answers would not serve him well here, so he has tried to rope a dope rather than explain. It was eerie in the questioning to see the GOPers attribute, almost literally, holy significance to the strategic triad (subs, ICBMs, and bombers) and act as if it’s almost literally an act of blasphemy to have toyed with (as Hagel seems to have) the idea that maybe ICBMs can be phased out. The trinity may be well holy, but in nuclear weapons delivery, not so much.

Israel, Israel, Israel. Most of the GOPers, plus Kirsten Gillibrand of New York, asked more questions about Israel than all the other nations of the world combined. It’s really a kind of fanaticism–of a sort which could not have been imagined 20 years ago. I would explain this intensity as a reaction to Israel’s decline in moral standing thoughout the Western world; because the special relationship, or the general idea that Israel is a peace-seeking and democratic state is now increasingly doubted, it must be defended with ever growing intensity. Still it’s an embarrassment–that this is presented to all the world as the highest deliberative political body in the United States.

Here some GOPers are trying to subject Hagel to standards of financial and historical disclosure that no one in Washington could ever meet.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/some-h...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/r/2010-2019/Was...

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
This is interesting.
Is Obama white, or black?
Inside or outside?

Since: Nov 09

Alamo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
True leaders, however, take responsibility when their designated assistants screw up.
How do you know for sure that more people wouldn't have died at Benghazi if it had been handled differently? Even if we had sent a regiment to protect this embassy do you really know for sure what the death count would have been?
Bottom line, suppose it was handled wrong. Only Obama haters and lunatics would expect that the President of the United States of America should have been in charge of security at an embassy.
Repo-BLICLOWNS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Demo KKK Rats wrote:
<quoted text>

One retard is enough.
yep! They gonna need you in 2014 for house cleaning.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
What lie did Obama tell that caused the attack on Benghazi?
Not too swift, are you?
Truth is no SIN

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

We are not seriously concerned about most of the historical inadequacies of the movie, as it is possible to do a fictionalized history and still do justice to the period; Mario Van Peebles' 1995 movie, Panther, is an excellent example.

And, while Tarantino’s movie has stirred much passion among Africans and others, Panther frightened the industry and the capitalist colonialist State, causing theater owners to go to extraordinary lengths, demanding identification from African patrons, and staffing police at many venues.

“Panther frightened the industry and the capitalist colonialist State.”

If absolute historical accuracy were the primary issue, we would have to start by torching most universities and banning the offerings of professors who claim to address the history of Africans and Europeans but instead provide some of the most fictionalized accounts of human events possible.

The main problem with Django is its function as a cover for slavery and capitalism.

Indeed, the movie is really a metaphor for capitalism at work on a foundation of slavery.

That Django, the protagonist, is a killing machine who leaves a gory trail of dead white bodies throughout the movie will give a vicarious thrill to Africans worldwide.

However, while it mocks and criticizes individual slavers, the movie does not have the ability to criticize the institution of slavery.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> You want people to answer your questions thats already been answered numerous times. Hows about you answer these questions?
1. If Obama is negligent & you want his head for the Benghazi, Libya consulate attack, would it be wrong to assume that you already have George Bush's head hanging on a mantel in your game trophy room giving the fact that 7 embassies & consulates were attacked?
2. Did the republican publicly admit their obstructionism to anything the President tried to accomplish? If so, in light of all that obstruction, would you be honest enuff to admit that all the president has accomplish is nothing short of amazing?
How about you answer some questions for a change!
I recall you dodging these questions.
How about you please take a just one minute of your time to answer these questions. All you need to do is type a simple location to answer the first question, and a simple source of money to answer the second question. It should take you less than one minute to do this.

Where was Obama during the 7-hour battle between Al Qaeda and the stripped-down American embassy security detatchment in Benghazi while the real-time video was being watched in the White House?

And;

Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?

A simple location will suffice for the first question.
A simple source of money will suffice for the second question.
It should take less than one minute of your time to write these two simpole answers and post them.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I can smell what comes next.
Did Real Brother get racial reassignment surgery and come back as a racist, white midget?
Peppy had that done, he is now a Vietnamese housewife living in Haiphong. He always had an affinity for the orient ever since his trip to Hong Kong.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 784,441 - 784,460 of1,073,280
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
St. Vincent DePaul Store Thrift Store Moving to... 2 hr IsBerkotsCheaperthanJewel 4
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Jacques from Ottawa 173,782
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr Norton 48,701
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr No Warming 45,601
This is a great ad. 5 hr Harold B Alls 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 hr voice of peace 67,553
A kid-friendly guide to the Windy City 9 hr Tgloaded 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE