Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#851843 Feb 1, 2013
Unemployment up to 7.9%. 157,000 jobs created under the 165,000 expected. Still not keeping up with population growth after 4 years.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#851844 Feb 1, 2013
The Tectonic Impact Of Obama's Re-Election

Is it just me or are more people surprised by the snowballing impact of Obama's re-election?

It's not just the return to Clinton tax rates for the very wealthy; it's a real cultural shift as well. In the last week, we have seen the Boy Scouts back off a national policy of excluding openly gay scouts and scout-masters (which means the Mormon hierarchy must have not made too big a fuss);we have Tom Tancredo almost smoking a joint in public (don't make a bet with him on anything in the future); we have Sean Hannity's ratings plummeting; we see gay couples included in the president's comprehensive immigration reform; we have Limbaugh edging ever-so-slightly toward Rubio on immigration; and we have this somewhat astounding "favorable/unfavorable " chart for the president:....

The ABC/Post poll has him at 60 percent favorable. Meanwhile, a plurality of Texans want an assault weapons ban. The ban on women in combat has been lifted, with little fuss. And here's the latest poll of polls on Obamacare:....

That's the narrowest gap since 2009. A majority of Americans, moreover, now favor a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants - and a plurality of Republicans also agree. The forces against marriage equality are struggling to stay financially afloat; the NRA and AIPAC, two of the most toxic lobbies in Washington, have been off their game after the Newtown massacre and the Hagel nomination.

I'm sure the usual backlash is coming. I'm just as sure that honeymoons don't last. But this doesn't feel like a honeymoon; it seems to me that the size and composition of the electorate last November has shifted the mood and direction of the country - durably. The GOP now has to grapple with reality; and the president has to avoid any hint of hubris if he is to cement what is increasingly a lasting legacy.

Meep meep.

http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2013/...
Jean

United States

#851846 Feb 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Animals & decaying plants were always part of the climate formula. Man's emissions were not.
Dave - I found a house in Butler, NJ. Do you know about this area?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#851847 Feb 1, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's some real irony. You claim to be able to sniff out elaborate conspiracies perpetrated by Obama and yet you are oblivious to the scam waxturd is running every day right here under your nose. You're even trying to defend him! You are the King Dufus!
Who is Waxturd?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#851848 Feb 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> You dipsticks keep saying how strong Al Qaeda is. Certainly they could fund a better target.
Its like you pretending to be a tough guy for beating up old ladies.
You don't get much news, do you? You are a goddam idiot.

Al Qaeda bombs embassy in Turkey.

It appears that Al Qaeda is bombing us as if they are on a schedule again, just like it was before Bush became president.

How's that Obama foreign policy working out for you?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#851849 Feb 1, 2013
flack wrote:
Unemployment up to 7.9%. 157,000 jobs created under the 165,000 expected. Still not keeping up with population growth after 4 years.
12 years.
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

#851850 Feb 1, 2013
flack wrote:
Unemployment up to 7.9%. 157,000 jobs created under the 165,000 expected. Still not keeping up with population growth after 4 years.
No matter it's in the agenda along with disarming America atleast law abiding America , socialism is taking a foot hold right before our eyes , too much political correctness also ,never really liked that phrase [oxymoron],remember obama "lets fundamentally change the greatest country on earth" whats next , is there a clause in obama care that states both men and women must see the obgyn twice a year I don't think that would be fair seeing how only the democrat males would be getting their moneys worth .

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#851851 Feb 1, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
The Tectonic Impact Of Obama's Re-Election
Is it just me or are more people surprised by the snowballing impact of Obama's re-election?
It's not just the return to Clinton tax rates for the very wealthy; it's a real cultural shift as well. In the last week, we have seen the Boy Scouts back off a national policy of excluding openly gay scouts and scout-masters (which means the Mormon hierarchy must have not made too big a fuss);we have Tom Tancredo almost smoking a joint in public (don't make a bet with him on anything in the future); we have Sean Hannity's ratings plummeting; we see gay couples included in the president's comprehensive immigration reform; we have Limbaugh edging ever-so-slightly toward Rubio on immigration; and we have this somewhat astounding "favorable/unfavorable " chart for the president:....
The ABC/Post poll has him at 60 percent favorable. Meanwhile, a plurality of Texans want an assault weapons ban. The ban on women in combat has been lifted, with little fuss. And here's the latest poll of polls on Obamacare:....
That's the narrowest gap since 2009. A majority of Americans, moreover, now favor a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants - and a plurality of Republicans also agree. The forces against marriage equality are struggling to stay financially afloat; the NRA and AIPAC, two of the most toxic lobbies in Washington, have been off their game after the Newtown massacre and the Hagel nomination.
I'm sure the usual backlash is coming. I'm just as sure that honeymoons don't last. But this doesn't feel like a honeymoon; it seems to me that the size and composition of the electorate last November has shifted the mood and direction of the country - durably. The GOP now has to grapple with reality; and the president has to avoid any hint of hubris if he is to cement what is increasingly a lasting legacy.
Meep meep.
http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2013/...
It's also a return to Al Qaeda bombing us as if they are on a schedule, like it was when Clinton was president.

By the way, Clinton had to be dragged kicking and screaming to all the Republican legislation that made the government fiscally sound.

How's that Obama foreign policy working out for you?

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#851852 Feb 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Look dickbreath, it is a fact that Obama submitted a budget every year. Your mental twin Dumbwaiter said he did not.
You can whine, cry, jump up & down & the usual crap you do, but facts are facts.
But hey, being the GD dumbass right whiner you are, you would rather Congress plays political games than actually get anything done.
If you were actually informed, you would know President's budgets typically go into the committees where the actual budget that gets voted on is created.
Putting the submitted budget up to vote is playing politics.
Too bad you are too f*cking stupid to know that.
As a taxpayer, something you likely know nothing about, my tax dollars go to subsidizing the oil industry.
Your mental twin DBWRiter claims to work in this industry. So yes, I do subsidize his salary.
GFY dumbass Eed. Do yourself a favor & get better informed. You are embarrassing yourself yet again.
You should re-post this every four hours.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#851853 Feb 1, 2013
Obama Realigns, the GOP Declines: The New Political Paradigm

Karl Rove's prediction of a grand political realignment has finally come true—for Obama.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/02...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#851854 Feb 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Look dickbreath, it is a fact that Obama submitted a budget every year. Your mental twin Dumbwaiter said he did not.
You can whine, cry, jump up & down & the usual crap you do, but facts are facts.
But hey, being the GD dumbass right whiner you are, you would rather Congress plays political games than actually get anything done.
If you were actually informed, you would know President's budgets typically go into the committees where the actual budget that gets voted on is created.
Putting the submitted budget up to vote is playing politics.
Too bad you are too f*cking stupid to know that.
As a taxpayer, something you likely know nothing about, my tax dollars go to subsidizing the oil industry.
Your mental twin DBWRiter claims to work in this industry. So yes, I do subsidize his salary.
GFY dumbass Eed. Do yourself a favor & get better informed. You are embarrassing yourself yet again.
How about Congress act as if money doesn't grow on trees. Since you really, really seem to really, really want to answer this question, I'll ask it again:

Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?

And, thank you for purchasing products made from oil. I spend the money you give to me riding really fine show-quality motorcycles.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#851855 Feb 1, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Look dickbreath, it is a fact that Obama submitted a budget every year. Your mental twin Dumbwaiter said he did not.
You can whine, cry, jump up & down & the usual crap you do, but facts are facts.
But hey, being the GD dumbass right whiner you are, you would rather Congress plays political games than actually get anything done.
If you were actually informed, you would know President's budgets typically go into the committees where the actual budget that gets voted on is created.
Putting the submitted budget up to vote is playing politics.
Too bad you are too f*cking stupid to know that.
As a taxpayer, something you likely know nothing about, my tax dollars go to subsidizing the oil industry.
Your mental twin DBWRiter claims to work in this industry. So yes, I do subsidize his salary.
GFY dumbass Eed. Do yourself a favor & get better informed. You are embarrassing yourself yet again.
You have to be the most ignorant person here.

Obama submitted only two budgets to Congress in the four years he was supposed to submit a budget.
The sum total of votes in the entire Congress for each, and both of the two budgets Obama submitted of the four budgets Obama was supposed to submit was ZERO. That's NADA, NONE, ZILCH.
Obama gets virtually 100 percent of the black vote, and he can't get even one goddam vote from even the Congressional Black Caucus.
That means every Democrat in Congress thinks Obama is an idiot.

So, why do you treat him like some kind of deity while the real leaders of the Democratic Party think Obama is an ignorant idiot?

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#851856 Feb 1, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
12 years.
Nope! try again.

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#851858 Feb 1, 2013
No comment on Al Qaeda bombing the embassy in Turkey??????

It looks like Al Qaeda is bombing us as if they are on a schedule again, exactly like it was before Bush and Chaney kicked the shit out of them.

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#851859 Feb 1, 2013
Will some Democrat here please tell us when Obama will submit his budget proposal to Congress....

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#851860 Feb 1, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
How about Congress act as if money doesn't grow on trees. Since you really, really seem to really, really want to answer this question, I'll ask it again:
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
And, thank you for purchasing products made from oil. I spend the money you give to me riding really fine show-quality motorcycles.
I'll butt in again to answer your question:
Many times I've pointed out that Clinton handed Bush a budget with a surplus and he turned it into the largest deficit in history. Each time right wingers are quick to respond that presidents don't make laws or control the budget, it was a Democratic congress, not Bush, that was the problem. So, using Republican logic, your question is moot.

Judged:

13

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#851861 Feb 1, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Obama Realigns, the GOP Declines: The New Political Paradigm
Karl Rove's prediction of a grand political realignment has finally come true—for Obama.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/02...
Ok....

Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?

Judged:

11

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Forks_make_Us_fa t

Oklahoma City, OK

#851863 Feb 1, 2013
Why would anyone want to save a fetus...

"If They Were Baby Seals Instead of Just Babies..."

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2013/01/i...
Follow us:@AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#851864 Feb 1, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
It's also a return to Al Qaeda bombing us as if they are on a schedule, like it was when Clinton was president.
By the way, Clinton had to be dragged kicking and screaming to all the Republican legislation that made the government fiscally sound.
How's that Obama foreign policy working out for you?
Al Qaeda? i thought that they were just a product of Bushco in Iraq.

yeah, tell us all about how the Clinton non-deficit was due to nothing the republicans did.

Obama foreign policy?

The Absurdity of McCain’s “Vengeance Doctrine”

What I find remarkable about this is that McCain doesn’t accept the idea that activist and interventionist U.S. policies around the world have any negative consequences for U.S. security. As for so many other hawks like him, McCain imagines that blowback never happens and U.S. interference in other countries’ affairs never comes back to haunt Americans later. The U.S. may prop up dictators, invade or bomb other countries, or impose cruel sanctions on whole nations, but supposedly no one would ever seek “revenge” for those things. According to McCain, it is only when the U.S.“fails” to take military action that the U.S. it at risk from the resentment and grievances of other nations. While choosing not to intervene in another country’s conflict may produce ill will from the losing side, this doesn’t pose a threat to the U.S., and it’s a sign of how desperate some interventionists are to drag the U.S. into another war that they would promote the idea that it does.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...

just a recent indication of how republicans have lost their way on foreign policy.

Judged:

12

12

12

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#851866 Feb 1, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get much news, do you? You are a goddam idiot.
Al Qaeda bombs embassy in Turkey.
It appears that Al Qaeda is bombing us as if they are on a schedule again, just like it was before Bush became president.
How's that Obama foreign policy working out for you?
DBWronger's such a smart guy he gets out way ahead of the lagging global news services by boldly assigning blame for the US Embassy in Ankara to al Qaeda and deftly laying the blame squarely in Obama's lap. Nice work DB!

Judged:

12

12

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min Jacques Ottawa 184,809
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 37 min KiMare 51,338
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 42 min Cold Front 69,095
Abby 2-28-15 48 min Kuuipo 2
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 50 min Gary Seven 75
Ask Amy 2-28-15 1 hr Kuuipo 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr PEllen 99,161
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:18 am PST

Bleacher Report 7:18AM
Best Options to Replace Briggs This Offseason
Bleacher Report 8:12 AM
Buzz: Colts Eyeing Trades for Veteran WRs Including Marshall
Bleacher Report 1:14 PM
Could Bears Ever Get Fair Trade Value for Forte?
Bleacher Report 1:40 PM
Wayne Undergoes Surgery on Triceps
NFL 2:44 PM
Reggie Wayne had surgery, mulling Colts future