Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#851615 Jan 31, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> How do you know for sure? Maybe not exactly as the movie portrays but a struggle between good and evil it seems would be universe wide. Now that we know water is almost everywhere the possibility of intelligent lifeforms throughout the universe is almost assured.
But, the idea that man pumping greenhouse gases into our atmosphere for decades changes our climate is unthinkable, absurd, a big lie.

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#851617 Jan 31, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
When the Boy Messiah entered the Oval Office for the first time, he placed a cheap wooden placard on his desk that said "The Buck Stops Elsewhere" and then he removed every portrait of Harry S. Truman inside the White House.
This is the Messiah you follow and it's a direct reflection on your sick rationalization of every stupid thing he does.
...and he's done one helluva lot of them....
He's OUR Messiah for the next four years! Nothing to rationalize so far. Things are going great for Democrats, too bad you aren't able to appreciate greatness. Try turning off FOX.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#851618 Jan 31, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Department of the Treasury, where do you think the money the government uses comes from?
That's funny. Print, baby, print!

Pharr, TX

#851619 Jan 31, 2013
Old Ratface wrote:
<quoted text> Ben Dover
That's you're best shot?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#851620 Jan 31, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying liberals should drink more water?
I doubt even that would help.
Im cumming4u

Orlando, FL

#851621 Jan 31, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll never get anywhere, period. If earned wealth is an anathema to you, what is it you strive for, mediocrity, insignificance? If that's your goal in life, you're living in the wrong country.
Um, where is it everybody should be trying to get, pray, tell? Is there someplace special? Are you there now? Then what're you doing here with us? Multitasking, huh? Personally, I feel striving for wealth is just fine. What's not fine, is when those assiduous strivers attempt to make it mandatory that I become one of them. I like to fish and fuck. I'm very good at those things, I strive to be good at them. But I don't insist that you do too. In fact, I much prefer it if you don't, frankly. Neither do I respect or admire your striving more than my own.

Some of us strive for money. Some of us strive for love. The two are very different. If you are a money striver, that does not make your striving superior in any way to the love-striver. But most importantly, the love of money does not give you the right to exert power over those of us who do not share your values.

So, I'll tell you again: stay the fuck out of my business and my life. Keep your beliefs to yourself. Do not attempt to "buy" my river or I will slaughter you and yours like the ignorant pigs you are.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#851622 Jan 31, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again, putting words in people's mouths. I guess it's true...an old dog can't learn new tricks.
You posted this:

"Only idiots think the climate doesn't change. Bigger idiots think we can do something about it."

What did you mean?

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#851623 Jan 31, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
He's OUR Messiah for the next four years! Nothing to rationalize so far. Things are going great for Democrats, too bad you aren't able to appreciate greatness. Try turning off FOX.
Another sock puppet Ghostie? Why do you even bother. Your brand of stupid can't be hidden.
Im cumming4u

Orlando, FL

#851624 Jan 31, 2013
You are, however, free to accumulate as much gold and money as you can carry into the underworld when you die. Strive on, doofus.
dem

United States

#851625 Jan 31, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>That's funny. Print, baby, print!
Come on dumbfk.
Expound on your ignorance of climate change.
See if your idiot pal flack can help you.
OldRatface

Pompano Beach, FL

#851626 Jan 31, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
That's you're best shot?
All for you. LOL
Im cumming4u

Orlando, FL

#851627 Jan 31, 2013
Confucius say: Show me the man who fears insignificance, and I will show you an insignificant man.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#851628 Jan 31, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on dumbfk.
Expound on your ignorance of climate change.
See if your idiot pal flack can help you.
I'll stand still while you hump my leg. Let me know when you're done.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#851629 Jan 31, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You posted this:
"Only idiots think the climate doesn't change. Bigger idiots think we can do something about it."
What did you mean?
That climate change is a natural occurance on this planet. It happened before man and it will continue after we are gone.

Pharr, TX

#851630 Jan 31, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Another sock puppet Ghostie? Why do you even bother. Your brand of stupid can't be hidden.
I agree, trying to explain how to use logical thinking to this bunch of right wing morons is hardly worth the bother. I haven't seen even a flicker of intelligence from any of your posts so that's why I've pretty much ignored you. Ask if you'd like to be schooled, I'll do my best.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#851631 Jan 31, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> But, the idea that man pumping greenhouse gases into our atmosphere for decades changes our climate is unthinkable, absurd, a big lie.
The planet is not static. It has many ways to deal with heat, CO2, and any other nonsense you want to think up. It has been around 5 billion years. We have been around maybe 100,000. 71% of the Earth's surface is covered by ocean. Who knows how much plankton lives there and what amount of CO2 they use every day. Throw in land plants and I think you have a pretty good filtering system.

Want to drive a libtard crazy? Ask them, at any given time, how much cloud cover or rainfall there is on the planet. They can't tell you.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#851632 Jan 31, 2013
Government employees with pensions might like this idea from a civil rights icon:

Jesse Jackson Proposes Creation of a New Lender

By WILLIAM ALDEN

The Rev. Jesse Jackson has often spoken out about banks' abuses in minority communities.

There’s been no shortage of ideas for how to jump-start economic growth in the aftermath of the financial crisis. But a new one comes with a high-profile backer: the Rev. Jesse L. Jackson.

At a three-day conference in New York that began on Wednesday, Mr. Jackson discussed a proposal for increasing the availability of capital by using pension money to make loans in low-income communities. The idea is getting a prominent debut at the 16th annual Wall Street Project Economic Summit, hosted by Mr. Jackson’s Rainbow PUSH Coalition and the Citizenship Education Fund.

“We’ve got to think outside the present fiscal-cliff-debt-ceiling box,” Mr. Jackson said in an interview on Wednesday.“We must have some plan for reconstruction.”

The conference features some big names, with a keynote speech from former President Bill Clinton. The comptroller of New York, John C. Liu, who oversees the city’s pension funds, is speaking on Thursday.

Mr. Jackson, who regularly speaks out about banks’ abuses in minority communities, envisions the creation of a lender similar to development banks in other countries. With political gridlock in Washington, and with banks limiting access to capital, a separate solution is needed, Mr. Jackson said, comparing the idea to the Marshall Plan.

Using pension money would simultaneously achieve another of Mr. Jackson’s goals: encouraging pensions to focus on socially responsible investments.

“New York would be a great place to do this,” Mr. Jackson said.“You’ve got Harlem and Wall Street on the same island.”

There is precedent in the city for getting creative with pension funds. Mr. Jackson recalled the fiscal crisis in 1975, when the investment banker Felix G. Rohatyn engineered a rescue. That plan involved pension funds backing the city’s debt.

Fundamentally, Mr. Jackson’s proposal is about leveling the playing field.

“We bailed out the banks,” Mr. Jackson said.“We didn’t bail out the victims of the recession.”
Im cumming4u

Orlando, FL

#851633 Jan 31, 2013
I have a friend in West Virginia funnily enough. He's a terrible poacher and shoots essentially everything all year round.

A striver from the city bought the small island in front of his house and posted the land. We ignored the signs and hunted and fished the land as we always had.

One day, the new owner - the striver I mentioned _ appeared on the river bank with a huge German Shepherd and a pistol on his hip. He was nattily dressed too, I remember that. We were duck hunting and at the very moment the striver unleashed his basso command two teal shot down the path between the island and the mainland. My good friend shot the one on the left and I shot the one on the right. We were using my dogs and I set them on the limp birds before they could wash away downriver.

The striver, obviously upset that he had been ignored, unholstered the pistol. At that point my good friend unloaded his Remington pump into the big, proud dog. Where once stood 100 lbs of perfect German breeding and thousands of dollars in training fees, now, there was a red spot with ears.

Collect your money. Save it, steal it, wall it up with bricks in the basement. Take it out at night and count it. Make love to it. But if you ever make the mistake of thinking that money buys obedience from others then mark my words above. Your money means nothing to me. If you think it does then we are likely to quarrel. If we quarrel then I will make you the unhappiest man in the world because I don't fight fair either.

So. In light of the above, can't we all just get along?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#851636 Jan 31, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>So you're complimenting Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama on their leadership?
No, both passed the buck on Benghazi and blamed it on some video maker.
Im cumming4u

Orlando, FL

#851637 Jan 31, 2013
Oh, and keep your filthy family out of the river when I'm there, I despise noise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min grave digger 47,485
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 33 min Boy G 50,596
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 50 min HughBe 69,989
Abby 10-20 1 hr Ralph 10
Amy 10-11 1 hr Stina2 7
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 179,280
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 2 hr RJS 7,820
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago