Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1232572 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#851375 Jan 31, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't it banned in Germany? I never saw that one, Tom Cruise not being a favorite. Did you see it?
You know something is wrong in the cosmos when lily and I agree on something.

This is hilarious.

&sn s=em
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#851376 Jan 31, 2013
Eman wrote:
"In a little-noticed email published online Wednesday by Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW), a young Dominican woman wrote nine months ago that she slept with 59-year-old New Jersey Democratic Sen. Bob Menendez at a series of sex parties organized by Dr. Salomon Melgen, a longtime Menendez campaign donor.“That senator also likes the youngest and newest girls,” the woman wrote on April 21, 2002, according to an English translation provided to The Daily Caller by a native Spanish speaker."
'little noticed'...translation.....Onl y the right wing blogs will post 'facts' with no verification.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#851378 Jan 31, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
True leaders, however, take responsibility when their designated assistants screw up.
Obama did take responsibility you jackass.

My God you right whiners are pathetic
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#851379 Jan 31, 2013
AND also another stellar BLACK LIB DEMOCRATIC LEADER NOT THE LEADER OF BLACK PEOPLE only BLACK DEMOCrats AL SHARPTON A former New York prosecutor whose reputation was destroyed after Tawana Brawley falsely called him a 'gang-raping, kidnapping racist' has filed court papers seeking the nearly half a million dollars she owes him, it was revealed today.

Steven Pagones, a former Dutchess County prosecutor, says Brawley still owes him $431,492, including interest, after dragging his name through the mud in 1987 when he was one of three falsely accused by her of the notorious gang rape.

THE GREAT CIVIL RIGHTS LEADER AL SHARPTON lol
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22712...
Follow us:@MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#851380 Jan 31, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> This technology will allow a doctor to treat a patient anywhere in the world. It will also eliminate most nurses. It maps and learns it's surrounding so as to navigate to wherever it is needed and can follow a doctor's orders from anywhere in the world or off the world.
Hey! I wonder if they could adapt this technology to get rid of stupid friggin' libtard school teachers???

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#851381 Jan 31, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
gunner isnt here to translate humor to his immigrant bitch ema'am.
its a language barrier thingy..
Why does homer seem to disappear after posts like this.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#851383 Jan 31, 2013
The failure of the anti-Hagel campaign

The Democratic defections that conservatives coveted never materialized. And now many Republicans look like reflexively, dangerously aggressive people.

While it shouldn't make a difference to the final outcome, Sen. Lindsey Graham's threat to put a hold on Hagel's nomination until outgoing Secretary Leon Panetta testifies on the Benghazi attack is a reminder that issues that are mostly irrelevant to Hagel's competence to run the Defense Department have dominated the debate over this appointment. Hawkish Republicans have argued that then-Sen. Hagel's relatively mild dissent on issues related to Israel and Iran disqualify him for the job. However, most of these have no bearing on the responsibilities Hagel will have at the Pentagon, and those that do should increase the public's confidence in Hagel rather than undermine it. This has underscored the overwhelmingly ideological nature of the campaign against him, which has had more to do with policing what current and future politicians can say on foreign policy than it does with selecting the right people to serve in the Cabinet.

http://theweek.com/bullpen/column/239522/the-...

The good news for the country is that a competent and qualified nominee for the Defense post will almost certainly be approved by the Senate in the near future. Unfortunately, a large number of Hagel's fellow Republicans have done their best to use this confirmation process to inflict even more damage on their party's battered reputation on foreign policy and national security. Hagel's nomination should have been a chance for Republicans to start repairing the party's image in the eyes of the public. They are well on their way to squandering it.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#851385 Jan 31, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
sounds like you will believe anything except global warming.
Never said I didn't believe in warming. It's the man made part I have a problem with.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#851387 Jan 31, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, an unnoticed email (now noticed) by a right-wing hatchet blog--that's what YOU call proof...why are you all so hot suddenly to prosecute Limbaugh's crime of choice? Isn't Grumpy Old Prick chickenhawks going after war heroes enough for one day?
If you'll read that post again, you'll notice I didn't comment. You are free to come up with your own opinion/conclusion.

Loysville, PA

#851389 Jan 31, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
sounds like you will believe anything except global warming.
Flack believes that we landed on the moon & the rover is actually on Mars but when NASA talks about Global Warming, he thinks they are lying.

You see, there isn't anything political about the lunar landing or the rover but ever since Al Gore come out warning about Global Warming, the Rabid Right has a freakout.

Now if Fox News said there was Man Made Global Warming, Flack would give up his love of coal and actually give a sh*t about what kind of planet his grandchildren will have.

Loysville, PA

#851391 Jan 31, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Hey! I wonder if they could adapt this technology to get rid of stupid friggin' libtard school teachers???
You mean the ones you & the NRA want to arm?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#851392 Jan 31, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>So you're complimenting Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama on their leadership?
Obama blames a Video and Hillary blames GOP for Benghazi…That’s Leadership!!!
Rejected SurpriZe

Pompano Beach, FL

#851394 Jan 31, 2013
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
Devin wrote:
<quoted text>
You posted that Woman's personal information on this thread....... you were sanctioned and banned by Topix..... That qualifies you as a Topix Stalker, at least the moderator considers you such......
That's not Devin's assessment, I was here when the moderator warned you, it's not like you've forgotten....... ROFLMAO
The other delusional lunatic, Pelosi was kicked off Topix for the same thing...... ROFLMAO
Devin wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO....... You posted that Woman's personal information on this thread....... you were banned by Topix..... That qualifies you as a Topix Stalker, at least the moderator considers you such......
Are you saying the Moderator did not come in here and warn you for your anti social behavior in posting that Woman's personal information?
In your delusional mind, this never happened? ROFLMAO, You're a Fraud...... ROFLMAO
ROFLMAO..... It's sad to see a grown man sniveling, whinning and LYING......
You posted being a reject on this thread. ROTFLMAO!
Rejected SurpriZe

Pompano Beach, FL

#851396 Jan 31, 2013
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
He's receiving shock treatments right about now. Explains the lull in the judgits. After that and a fresh pair of industrial depends he'll be back in business.
You're back in business STILL being a reject. ROTFLMAO!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#851397 Jan 31, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> You mean the ones you & the NRA want to arm?
No. I said 'stupid friggin' libtard school teachers'. Learn to read.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#851398 Jan 31, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm not a hillbilly dummy
Then this is all an act you're putting on?

Lapeer, MI

#851399 Jan 31, 2013
Herstory 202 wrote:
<quoted text>
In Washington, DC, of course.
OK. So who is buried in Grant's Tomb?

The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier?

Your butt?

Lapeer, MI

#851400 Jan 31, 2013
Eman wrote:
"In a little-noticed email published online Wednesday by Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW), a young Dominican woman wrote nine months ago that she slept with 59-year-old New Jersey Democratic Sen. Bob Menendez at a series of sex parties organized by Dr. Salomon Melgen, a longtime Menendez campaign donor.“That senator also likes the youngest and newest girls,” the woman wrote on April 21, 2002, according to an English translation provided to The Daily Caller by a native Spanish speaker."
This is commonly referred to as being the ins-and-outs of Progressive politics.
Herstory 202

Orlando, FL

#851402 Jan 31, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
True leaders, however, take responsibility when their designated assistants screw up.
Oh, is that so?...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,258681,00...

Say, um, how many more of these you want?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#851404 Jan 31, 2013
Lindsey Graham to Chuck Hagel: "Name one senator who is intimidated by the Jewish lobby" LOL
I wish Chuck Hagel would say "you"
Graham and McCain would have us knee deep in Syria, Iran, Mali and perhaps even North Korea. Fk all that nonsense, give war a frikken rest for twenty or thirty years.

Stupid azz Carol is going on about "Obammy gives jets to Egypt." The entire Egyptian military was a gifted by the United States, because Egypt has protected Israel, as has Jordan, Turkey and some smaller nations. Syria belongs to Russia and Iran, Lebanon teeters back and forth, currently favoring the US.

Hagel is right, Israel is our ally but they're not our only ally and it's high time that Israel's hawks and their American neocon backers came to grips with that because the USA can no longer afford to cover for Israel's political blunders.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 189,827
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr Net Workit 5,997
News 17 shot-2 fatally-in bloody start to Memorial D... 6 hr BLDM 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr OzRitz 53,486
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 8 hr Ratloder 70,018
Amy 5-24-15 8 hr tiredofit 4
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 hr Go Blue Forever 99,534
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]