Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#850685 Jan 30, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>

“B. Tampering with evidence shall include procuring or facilitating an abortion, or compelling or coercing another to obtain an abortion, of a fetus that is the result of criminal sexual penetration or incest with the intent to destroy evidence of the crime.(emphasis added)”
Do you really not see the word "another" in there? There are problems with this legislation, but it does not force the rape victim into carrying the pregnancy to term.

<fear mongering removed for clarity>

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#850686 Jan 30, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Ft. Hood~~~ Registered Democrat ~ Muslim
Columbine ~~~ Too young to vote; both families were registered Democrats and progressive liberals
Virginia Tech ~~~ Wrote hate mail to President Bush and to his staff ~ Registered Democrat
Colorado Theater ~~~ Registered Democrat; staff worker on the Obama campaign; Occupy Wall Street participant; liberal
Connecticut School Shooter-~~~ Registered Democrat; hated Christians; nuculur liberal
Common thread - all of these idiots were Democrats.
Why is it that none of the disturbed and hate-filled liberals, who take or steal guns, then go and kill movie-goers and children in schools, has never been identified as a conservative, independent or a NRA member?
Ban guns? Blame and treat the symptom not the cause... idiot liberals.
Lies, damned lies, and the damned liars that spread them. Does anyone with a room temperature IQ believe anything you and the loony right says? "There was a reason why Breitbart News had the exclusive on the breaking scoop that James Holmes, the shooter responsible for the movie theater massacre in Aurora, Colorado, might be a Democrat: he isn't, and they were wrong.
our editor recommends
Michael Moore Releases Colorado 'Dark Knight Rises' Theater Shooting Statement
President Obama Speaks Out on Colorado 'Dark Knight Rises' Shooting (Video)

Blogger Joel B. Pollack, writing for the right wing blog network, reported early Friday that he had obtained voter registration records that he believed belonged to Holmes and which placed the 25-year Holmes in the Democratic Party. Five hours later, Pollack updated his story to note that his discovery was incorrect; the 24-year old Holmes in question, he wrote, may not even be registered to vote."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#850687 Jan 30, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends which name he is using, he posts under dozens of different ones a week.
BUT dem that can't be, he has morals and ethics. Yea think him and Waxtard are still shacked up.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#850688 Jan 30, 2013
Gosh… you’ll think this administration would Grow Up but right on cue blames Republicans for Obama’s bad Economic Policies!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jane Says

New York, NY

#850689 Jan 30, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>"fore closers"??? Is that something like four flushers? I've little doubt all your "friends" are screaming in laughter...you just have to be a White of West Virginia double first cousin.
double first cousins...i think Oprah talked about that and her childhood...said it was part of her "culture." weren't two of your baby daddies first cousins?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#850690 Jan 30, 2013
Canadian Town Votes to End Water Fluoridation

Fluoride is a carcinogenic waste product of aluminum.

It is also the main ingredient in rat poison, nerve gas and Prozac.

http://theintelhub.com/2013/01/30/canadian-to...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#850691 Jan 30, 2013
Mark Kelly Breaks News Of Phoenix Shooting At Senate Gun Hearing

A shooting broke out Wednesday in Phoenix during the Senate Judiciary Committee's hearing on gun violence. Mark Kelly, husband of former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ) and a witness at the hearing, announced the news to the panel while responding to a question from Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-CT).

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/m...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#850692 Jan 30, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> No defense is in the constitution. I said cut government spending not in the constitution.
No change in policy. So the printing goes on. The dumbasses will cheer and the rest of us will continue to brace for the collapse.
They have been told that hundreds of times. They will never understand.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#850693 Jan 30, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right on, it's about 10-12 miles down the road from my home in Lake Elsinore. But I doubt that Galt really lives there as he used to post from Pa. and condemn California all the time. You can tell that he is a born loser, and not even qualified to be a Wal-mart greeter.
That guy who killed his doctor for making him incontinent was from Lake Elsinore!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#850694 Jan 30, 2013
True Fear Mongering

NEW - Why the Sudden Barrage of Live-Fire Military Drills at Schools??

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/01/why-sudde...

"When you see this, you think the worst. When you hear this, you think the worst," resident Frances Jerrals said. "I felt like I was in a warzone. It was nonstop. I was terrified."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Hunter

San Diego, CA

#850695 Jan 30, 2013
flack wrote:
Continuing to buy $85 billion a month in bond purchases by printing money not backed by anything is insane. That's $1,020,000,000 a year for the last three years plus who knows how much longer. They will never be able to pull all of that fake money out of the market place without a major spike in interest rates. As I've said before we are a ship going down by the bow and the captain (Fed) is still running all engines full speed ahead.
Bear in mind that a ship going down by the bow would have its stern out of the water so the issue of the engines running full speed ahead is moot. It would only be an issue if the propellers were in the water somehow or if it was a jet hydrofoil or something.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#850696 Jan 30, 2013
The Newtown Heckling Controversy

....So, in retrospect, I'll concede this: the CTPost' s use of the word "heckling" was misjudged, and it was not the right word for me to have repeated.

I didn't see and wasn't influenced by the MSNBC video, but I'll agree: it was edited too tightly and in a way that made treatment of Neil Heslin look worse than it was.

Yet it remains most fundamentally true: people in that room interpreted their gun advocacy as license to shout at a grieving father. Whether you call it "heckling" or something else, it's just wrong. And the impulse to parse, excuse, condone that we saw in blogs and on Twitter afterward was very nearly equally wrong: a substitution of ideology for basic human sympathy.

When you write in the rapid media of the digital age, it's inevitable that you will make mistakes. "Heckling" was not the exact word to describe what happened in this case, and I made a mistake in repeating it.

However, that mistake is not the only - or most significant one - to occur in the public debate over this incident in Hartford.

There were gun advocates in that room who waited for their turn to be heard and who refrained from confronting a grieving man. A few did otherwise. They did wrong, and whether you call that wrong "heckling" or something else does not alter its wrongness.

And those in the wider public who use the new media of blogs and Twitter to condone and justify the people who shouted at Neil Heslin - those who'd represent the shouters as the true victims of the encounter - those who suggest that the most important part of the Newtown story is one more tedious replay of the debate over "media bias" - they do very nearly as wrong.

I don't block Twitter followers. I think part of the ethic of journalism in the digital age is to be accessible to those who want to reach you - and, yes, criticize you. Sometimes the criticism takes the form of crude personal insult. That's a cost of doing business. Other people take a lot more than I do without being discouraged, so I would have no excuse if I allowed myself to be discouraged either. But too much exposure to so much anger and ugliness does have its depressing effect. And I hope, I very much hope, that Neil Heslin does not have a Twitter account. This loving and bereft man deserves more and better from his fellow human creatures than he has received.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/01...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#850697 Jan 30, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You and emaam are so ignorant, it's truly amazing!!
If people are so affected by the payroll tax returning to what it had been for decades, they're as stupid as you and emaam.
Let me do it with math, just to show how stupid you are.
SS tax is 6.2%.
If you make 50,000 a year, it amounts to $3100 a year, or $51.62 a week.
SS tax rate was reduced by 2%, making it 4.2%.
If you make 50,000 a year, it amounts to $2100 a year, or $40.38 per week.
Now, if that $11.42 prevents you from making a car payment, you clearly shouldn't have taken out a loan you can't afford.
It's likely that you'd never get a loan if your finances were that tight.
Your friends must be very poor folks.
As for you, you're clearly an uneducated lout that knows nothing about finance.
You may want to recheck your post, it looks like you pulled that "$11.42" out of thin air.

The housing collapse proves that Americans will buy things they can't afford.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#850698 Jan 30, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really not see the word "another" in there? There are problems with this legislation, but it does not force the rape victim into carrying the pregnancy to term.
<fear mongering removed for clarity>
Oh my effing word, you're a MORAN! Did you not see the word "or"?

Yes, it does force the rape victim to carrying the pregnancy to term; according to the language, "procuring an abortion" would result in a felony and evidence tampering.

The author of this stupid bill has even acknowledged her mistake and will rewrite it. You're such an idiot.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#850699 Jan 30, 2013
A hypocrite whose IQ room temperature in celcius that can't take a dose of her own medicine:
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Lies, damned lies, and the damned liars that spread them. Does anyone with a room temperature IQ believe anything you and the loony right says? "There was a reason why Breitbart News had the exclusive on the breaking scoop that James Holmes, the shooter responsible for the movie theater massacre in Aurora, Colorado, might be a Democrat: he isn't, and they were wrong.
our editor recommends
Michael Moore Releases Colorado 'Dark Knight Rises' Theater Shooting Statement
President Obama Speaks Out on Colorado 'Dark Knight Rises' Shooting (Video)
Blogger Joel B. Pollack, writing for the right wing blog network, reported early Friday that he had obtained voter registration records that he believed belonged to Holmes and which placed the 25-year Holmes in the Democratic Party. Five hours later, Pollack updated his story to note that his discovery was incorrect; the 24-year old Holmes in question, he wrote, may not even be registered to vote."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#850701 Jan 30, 2013
<quoted text>
He probably meant "repeepeeient", these white trash crackas are all straight from the movie Deliverance.
lol. Venereal disease was their most modern sexual term until someone watched Grey's Anatomy and heard Va-jay-jay.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#850702 Jan 30, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"the term "white cracker" is seldom used self-referentially and remains an offensive racial slur used to demean Caucasians"
The equivalent of the n-word, used mainly by the likes of lily.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#850703 Jan 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Funny thing is that you can't read, and yet you continue to argue.
At least I know what "another" means.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Hunter

San Diego, CA

#850704 Jan 30, 2013
Yeah, I had a beer with the Newtown shooter at the VFW the week before he did it. He was wearing an NRA ballcap. Not sure if that meant he was a member but he talked a good game.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#850705 Jan 30, 2013
<quoted text>
That guy who killed his doctor for making him incontinent was from Lake Elsinore!!
Yes he was, I read that. Funny he was treated by a doctor from Newport Beach the same as my Doctor for the very same thing. Small world, huh? I really liked my doctor and perfectly happy with the procedure.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chicago Pizza Blows 31 min joey 2
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 41 min KiMare 51,279
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 1 hr IUEC 7,564
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr OzRitz 49,304
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr festivus infidel 68,906
Ask Amy 12-23 2 hr Mister Tonka 14
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr Sublime1 98,869
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr Jacques Ottawa 182,017
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:21 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:21AM
Fantasy Football 2015 Awards
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
What Can Bears Do to Get Back into Playoff Hunt?
NBC Sports11:49 AM
Reggie Wayne needs offseason triceps surgery
NBC Sports 1:29 PM
Colts say they will be all business despite nothing to gain - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:40 PM
Cutler realizes Bears could be in for changes - NBC Sports