Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
783,541 - 783,560 of 1,083,777 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
What a hoot!!! Waxturd/Jimmy/goober..masquera ding as No Surprize is pontificating about being "true to yourself".
Waxturd you are unfuckingbelievable!!!!
Hehe..

Look white bearded old ratface. That's not me. Maybe you should change out that old colostomy bag and stop being such a paranoid old cadaver.

A good night out at Bingo is all you need! I'll pick you up at 4PM for the late round. This time take your meds before we go. It wasn't fun cleaning up the floor after you last time we went.

They said they won't let you in next time unless you take your meds and behave this time.
jiminy cricket

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

I can't believe Hillary is wearing an eye patch today! She's finally come out as the pirate wench she always was! The next thing you know she'll have a peg-leg and a parrot on her shoulder in that horrible orange pant suit she wears all the time. I need to turn on C-span and see if she's on there too. BRB
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

This morning’s headlines are unexpectedly brought to you by the Commerce Department, and at a glance they bring bad news. According to an advanced estimate by the Bureau of Economic Analysis, GDP actually decreased at a 0.1 percent annual rate in the fourth quarter of 2012, after having increased 3.1 percent in the previous quarter.

That’s not where you’d normally see your first indication of a new recession, but it’s an alarming number nonetheless. On closer inspection, though, the report is actually filled with good news.

Personal income is way up, leading to an increase in both personal savings and consumption. Private sector investment is way up.

All of those gains were swamped by a huge hit to defense spending, which fell 22.2 percent. That’s probably a sour mix of statistical noise, war “savings,” a bit of hoarding by defense contractors ahead of the sequester-induced financial drought, and so on. But it goes to show that pulling federal spending out of the economy can eradicate growth.

That’s not what you’ll take away from today’s report if you’re within earshot of the conservative noise machine, which is treating this report much like they treated jobs reports ahead of the election. Back then, employment growth wasn’t weak because of state and local government job losses, but because Obama. Now, GDP is down because the economy sensed Obama wouldn’t say much about the economy during his inaugural address and preemptively contracted. Or something along those lines.

Not that anyone’s asking me, but that seems like a huge missed strategic opportunity, driven perhaps by the fact that Republicans don’t want to admit lower government spending (austerity) is to blame here. It’s scrambling their brains. It’s making them forget about the rhetorical virtues of military Keynesianism.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2013/01...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you are ignorant of events. Zimmerman being armed didn't cause Hoodieman to follow Zimmerman to his car and attack him. In fact, if Hoodieman had known Zimmerman was armed, he probably would not have chased Zimmerman down and started the fight.
So the "FACT" that this creepy dude was following you around for no apparent reason and you felt as though you were in danger wouldn't prompt some kind of reaction from normal people. It's a proven "FACT" that Zimmerman was following Travon when he was ordered not to do so. So he is the owner of what ever transpired after that...PERIOD.
phoney_army_capt ains

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
No wonder you are forced to hide behind so many phony names. But the one thing you cannot hide is stupid.. You seriously think by telling you morons on here anything that would be able to lead to my identify would be beneficial to me...RIGHT moron... I'm living quite well thanks to some literary works and my more than ample retirement from the military..
So eat your envious little heart out PUSSCCEE. I also have a beautiful traveling companion who thinks we are all crazy. She is a brilliant writer in her own right...I'll bet you will really miss us while we are roasting the marshmallows in the fire place in a beautiful chalet in the mountains....Only two more days...ENVY girl.
Quite the imagination you got there private...

Impersonating an officer is against the UCMJ...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

LRS wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the matter? Not feeling quite as macho this morning? Come on, tell us what kind of knife you'd use and how you'd make the cut. Are you going to drug me first or torture me? LMAO! Sillyazz punk!
You appear to be drugged already.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
No wonder you are forced to hide behind so many phony names. But the one thing you cannot hide is stupid.. You seriously think by telling you morons on here anything that would be able to lead to my identify would be beneficial to me...RIGHT moron... I'm living quite well thanks to some literary works and my more than ample retirement from the military..
So eat your envious little heart out PUSSCCEE. I also have a beautiful traveling companion who thinks we are all crazy. She is a brilliant writer in her own right...I'll bet you will really miss us while we are roasting the marshmallows in the fire place in a beautiful chalet in the mountains....Only two more days...ENVY girl.
With age comes multitasking... ghost can laugh, cough, sneeze, fart, shit and pee all at the same time...
Treehugger

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
What a warped distorted and obvious racist view of what actually happened. First of all nothing would have ever happened if Zimmerman wasn't packing, he knew that he had the advantage over Tavon and he was the pursuer with absolutly no legal right to do so, and was warned about doing just that. You don't know crap about hat actually happened other than an opportunity to display your hatred and bigotry. The simple facts are he initated the altercation regardless what transpiured after that. You yourself have that Zimmerman mentality.. A loser with obvious mental short comings,with ingrained hatred... the very same kind of morons that we need to get all of the guns out of their hands.
Couldn't, Wouldn't have happened if the kid had been in school, where he should've been to start with either.
Not saying that what happened was "right" (no where near such) but people have a right to protect themselves from vagrant thuggery as well goober.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
What time do your kids tell you to turn the computer off, sponge?
My children are in California, but it does tell us a little something about your miserable existence. Envy much?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

gorrilla_in_the_congo wrote:
NYC...
Gun control?????
ban a regular schmo from having more that 7 rounds while allowing RETIRED cop 15?
Why is it that none of the disturbed and hate-filled liberals, who steal and use guns, then go and kill movie-goers and children in schools, has never been identified as a conservative, independent or a NRA member?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you are ignorant of events. Zimmerman being armed didn't cause Hoodieman to follow Zimmerman to his car and attack him. In fact, if Hoodieman had known Zimmerman was armed, he probably would not have chased Zimmerman down and started the fight.
The Trayvon Obama case is old news.

Prosecutors are just waiting for the right moment to make a deal or drop the case. This will never go to trial.

A likely not guilty verdict would provide a hunting license, making ghetto gangbangers fair game.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Weak GDP Report Shows The Madness Of Push For More Spending Cuts

New data released today shows that the U.S. economy unexpectedly shrank in the fourth quarter of 2012. The 0.1 percent contraction is almost entirely attributable to cuts in government spending:

Real federal government consumption expenditures and gross investment decreased 15.0 percent in the fourth quarter, in contrast to an increase of 9.5 percent in the third. National defense decreased 22.2 percent, in contrast to an increase of 12.9 percent. Nondefense increased 1.4 percent, compared with an increase of 3.0 percent. Real state and local government consumption expenditures and gross investment decreased 0.7 percent, in contrast to an increase of 0.3 percent.

The report isn’t as bad as it could have been. Personal expenditures, non-residential investment, and business investment were all up, which is encouraging.

But the economy could be in for another blow in March, when scheduled spending cuts under the so-called “sequester” are set to take effect. And lawmakers seem to have no interest in voiding those cuts. House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-WI) said over the weekend,“I think the sequester is going to happen because that $1.2 trillion in spending cuts, we can’t lose those spending cuts.”

According to Macroeconomic Advisers, the sequester will knock 0.7 percent off of GDP growth this year. The Bipartisan Policy Center estimates that the sequester will kill one million jobs. As Center for American Progress economist Adam Hersh said,“we know what will happen if policymakers don’t work to scrap the sequester and eliminate the useless debt limit policy: We will have slower economic growth and job creation this year and in the future.”

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2013/01/30/1...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

phoney_army_captains wrote:
<quoted text>
It really pains you that there are successful people on here, ones that weren't afraid to fight to defend our country...So unlike you gun toting cowards. Hey doofus I get my direct deposit every month so idiots like you make me proud that I never turned out like them. YAHOO.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

You're pathetic.

Hillary did not become a NY Senator until 2001, after Bill left office!! DUH

As for her being quiet, that's patent bullshit. The Republiclowns hated and attacked her throughout th eClinton Admin. She was far from quiet, which is why she was well known enough to win a Senate Seat in NY.

You are blissfully ignorant.

Had Bush not been a drunk and incompetent, he might have listened to Clinton's intel people.

But he was, and he didn't.

And Bush is the least popular President in history because Americans know what a deunk and loser he is.

The parkway is on Google Maps. Take a look. Marcy Park is several miles down th road from Langley.

But,with your penchant for the BIG LIE, yo'll say anything.

You lose again, Dweeb.

It was the drunk in the White House that destroyed our nation with his drunken rage induced wars, regardless of your lies.

Yet you still can't admit that Bush is an out of control drunk, hiding in Dallas, the hated man of American Politics.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You said one thing that was correct, Hillary led the health care fight. After they blew Foster's head off, she shut her mouth and Hillary Care died. The only voice heard after that, other than Clinton's idiocy that caused the 1994 mid-term election disaster for the Democrats, was Jocylin Elders - another absolute idiot.
Foster got his head blown off, and immediately Hillary shuts her mouth and you don't hear another peep from her until the Democrats reward her with the New York Senate seat.
And, even you have to admit that dumping the body at the front gates of the CIA headquarters was just a little too Hollywood dramatic.
You obviously don't know the Parkway very well.
jiminy cricket

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

phoney_army_captains wrote:
<quoted text>
Were my father still alive he'd be rolling over in his grave, blind drunk, cursing horribly, invoking God's wrath which he bore stoically his whole life long. I didn't mind the sexual abuse for mother had told me early on that sex was all men really wanted, but his breath! You should be ashamed of yourself. Consider joining the Marines as your punishment. I hear they like to shower together too.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You appear to be drugged already.
LRS is the birfer punk from LA.

When he gets run off that thread, he comes here.

Ignore him.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
This morning’s headlines are unexpectedly brought to you by the Commerce Department, and at a glance they bring bad news. According to an advanced estimate by the Bureau of Economic Analysis, GDP actually decreased at a 0.1 percent annual rate in the fourth quarter of 2012, after having increased 3.1 percent in the previous quarter.
That’s not where you’d normally see your first indication of a new recession, but it’s an alarming number nonetheless. On closer inspection, though, the report is actually filled with good news.
Personal income is way up, leading to an increase in both personal savings and consumption. Private sector investment is way up.
All of those gains were swamped by a huge hit to defense spending, which fell 22.2 percent. That’s probably a sour mix of statistical noise, war “savings,” a bit of hoarding by defense contractors ahead of the sequester-induced financial drought, and so on. But it goes to show that pulling federal spending out of the economy can eradicate growth.
That’s not what you’ll take away from today’s report if you’re within earshot of the conservative noise machine, which is treating this report much like they treated jobs reports ahead of the election. Back then, employment growth wasn’t weak because of state and local government job losses, but because Obama. Now, GDP is down because the economy sensed Obama wouldn’t say much about the economy during his inaugural address and preemptively contracted. Or something along those lines.
Not that anyone’s asking me, but that seems like a huge missed strategic opportunity, driven perhaps by the fact that Republicans don’t want to admit lower government spending (austerity) is to blame here. It’s scrambling their brains. It’s making them forget about the rhetorical virtues of military Keynesianism.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2013/01...
Whistling in the dark.

Obama is celebrating measly 1.2% GDP growth for all of 2012.

Welcome to Europe, we are finally there.
jiminy cricket

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>With age comes multitasking... ghost can laugh, cough, sneeze, fart, shit and pee all at the same time...
And we need to know this, why? Please use your time here to criticize constructively. There's no need for crude behaviors as I think I've pointed out a hundred times.
Treehugger

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
lol

Goober Ghosty--too much Chawrlie Sheen lol

Since: Nov 09

Alamo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I will no longer respond to Waxman and his many names. Get a name and stick with it moron.
Waxturd/jimmy/goober...has a new log-in every day, its impossible to avoid this moron. The up side is that by exposing him it shows any visitors to this site how phony and idiotic their fellow Republicans are. All the regulars here, right wing and progressive, realize that he is mentally ill.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

50 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 10 min _Zoey_ 4,591
Music Artists A to Z 12 min _Zoey_ 263
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Louis Slungpoo 45,893
The Best Investment Advice Of All Time 1 hr Chan 1
Top 100 Inspirational Quotes 2 hr Chan 1
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr andet1987 477
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 2 hr andet1987 1,198
Amy 7-30 3 hr pde 21
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr LRS 175,138
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 hr PEllen 97,577
•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters