Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 39,174)

Showing posts 783,461 - 783,480 of1,034,120
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
proud2bwhite

Marysville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey idiot, you just try and come in my house uninvited. I will show you sensible gun control. Sounds far more like you are proud to be stupid.
ghost I have no want or desire to come to your home ,but if I change my mind , what time are visiting hrs and the name of the asylum you're housed in?

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Paul Ryan on Meet the Press was talking how to fix the economy.

I wish David Gregory would have asked Ryan how it got to be broken.

Ryan sitting there saying how important a balanced budget is yet the dumbasss ignored that he voted to take us off a balanced budget under Bush.

Republicans just seem to all have Romnesia about what they did under Bush.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

lol

Democrats, tea party unite vs. Mitch McConnell

Tea party activists looking to oust Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell in a GOP primary may get some help from an unlikely source: Democrats.

Big Democratic donors, local liberal activists and a left-leaning super PAC in Kentucky are telling tea partiers that they are poised to throw financial and organizational support behind a right-wing candidate should one try to defeat the powerful GOP leader in a 2014 primary fight.

The idea: Soften up McConnell and make him vulnerable in a general election in Kentucky, where Democrats still maintain a voter registration advantage. Or better yet, in their eyes: Watch Kentucky GOP primary voters nominate the 2014 version of Todd Akin or Richard Mourdock, weak candidates who may actually lose.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/democra...

“Festina lente”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say anything about banning guns, raising taxes, increasing education spending or any of the other crap your narrow mind heaped on to my plate.
When you depend on others to feed you, you eat what's on your plate.
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

proud2bwhite wrote:
<quoted text> ghost I have no want or desire to come to your home ,but if I change my mind , what time are visiting hrs and the name of the asylum you're housed in?
Ghost might belong in an asylum, but asylum's have been discontinued by the Democrats. they prefer the whackadoos live amongst the general public, no matter how dangerous. it is their "right" to not take medication and not be "segregated" in adult homes where their behavior can be supervised to prevent harm to themselves and others. ahhh...the unintended consequences of the libs, dems and progressives...
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
Ryan sitting there saying how important a balanced budget is yet the dumbasss ignored that he voted to take us off a balanced budget under Bush.
Darn Bush broke the economy all by himself! Wow - are you a smart commie or what?
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
Democrats just seem to all have Pelosi-Reid-Rangel-esia about what they did under Bush.

just a sampling: "we have to pass the bill, before we read it."
forks_make_us_fa t

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

47%'ers under Obama's watch....
US reading SATs...
record lows!

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/...
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

I guess we’ve solve the Voter ID problem!! Starting in 2013 Social Security no longer mailing checks!!Social Security payments either directly deposited into a bank or credit union account or loaded onto a prepaid Direct Express Debit MasterCard. "If you already have a bank account or credit union account notices that all of the above Transaction Requires a Photo ID!!
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>Ghost might belong in an asylum, but asylum's have been discontinued by the Democrats. they prefer the whackadoos live amongst the general public, no matter how dangerous. it is their "right" to not take medication and not be "segregated" in adult homes where their behavior can be supervised to prevent harm to themselves and others. ahhh...the unintended consequences of the libs, dems and progressives...
That is one strange warped and distorted world you baggers reside in.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Dweeb's attack lines are very telling.

B4 election, he was railing about the 50 million illegals Rmoney was going to deport en masse.

Fast forward to now and the clowns are falling all over themselves crafting immigration bills!!

Funny how getting their asses stomped in the election leads to such dramatic changes in clown policy!!

Problem for the clowns is that they so alienated any and all immigrant groups, getting support from immigrants is just not going to happen.

Obama owns the immigration reform issue. The clowns will follow him like the beaten dogs they are.

Same with women's rights issues.

Same with gay marriage.

Obama has built a coalition that will elect Hillary in 2016.

Paul Ryan endorsed Hillary!! That''s how bad it's gotten for the nitwits!!

And the Teabaggers are dead, as proven by FAUX's firing of the rapidly aging Sarah Palin!!

Roger Ailles sais she's just not hot anymore. And she was always a brainless zombie!!

Say, wasn't Dweeb claiming TP ties b4 election??

Now he's too ashamed to mention it!!

Poor Dweeb. No Santorum, no TP!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
So, how many Americans do you think can be killed with 750 million rounds for the FBI, BATF and DHS?
You still haven't answered these two questions:
Where was Obama during the 7-hour battle between Al Qaeda and the stripped-down American security detatchment in Benghazi while the real-time video was being watched in the White House?
And;
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
A simple location is required to answer the first question.
A simple source of money is required to answer the second question.
To date, nobody on Earth has answered the above two questions.
Shall we start the week where we left off last week, you running like a scalded dog from these questions....

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying that women are dumb, and that minorities are dumb, that young people [IN COLLEGE] are dumb. Only you baggers are smart? Now that is what dumbs all about.
Naw, Most women aren't dumb. Most women can speak, and think for themselves. Most women aren't teachers.... Most minority women voted for this piece of work, because, in the immortal words of Fort Worthless Jim Wright, "We gonna give yooou"...

“Festina lente”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush started with a balanced budget & left office with the worst recession in 80 years, a housing collapse, near financial meltdown, doubled the debt,and two quagmire wars.
I love how you assh*les are so stupid as to drag out the $1.78 a gallon. Really. It was 1.78 a gallon down from a record high because there was no demand. No demand because George W Bush killed the economy.
Well since you're not bothered by cause and effect, let's just stick to the facts; after four plus years of Obama, there's more people out of work and on the government payroll than when he took office. I say payroll because he is effectively paying people, with taxpayer money, to rely on government. He hired them to vote for him.
forks_make_us_fa t

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Thanks to the union...

This guy has a job....

http://m.nypost.com/p/news/local/queens/dud_o...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

forks_make_us_fat wrote:
47%'ers under Obama's watch....
US reading SATs...
record lows!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/...
Texas vs. No Child Left Behind

The state where it all began turns against the Cult of Educational Testing--and the interests behind it.

....During the Bush years, much of the opposition to the high-stakes testing was muted. Some parents and educators expressed frustration with the state’s performance measurements, but the system was new at the time. And, much of that opposition was dismissed as political. Or, when educators and members of the business community complained about the shortage of skilled workers and the lack of opportunities for career training at the high school level, those critics were accused of wanting to “lower standards.”

Fast forward 15 years, and the current system has lost most of its luster. Texas has worker shortages in the skilled trades, and improvements on state tests aren’t reflected in college entrance exams such as the SAT or ACT. In fact, average SAT reading scores in Texas have declined eight points in the last decade. A recent review by the National Academy of Sciences shows that high-stakes testing is not improving academic achievement. In fact, it may do more harm than good. While there is a debate about how to calculate dropout rates, just about everyone agrees that Texas has a serious problem with high school dropouts.

Many students get frustrated with the current one-size-fits-all test-based system with its emphasis on pushing everyone towards college; and they drop out because they don’t see education as relevant to them.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articl...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Ted Kazynsky was a close personal friend of Randy Weaver's.

Both domestic terrorists.

Say, aren't you the idiot who was/is a big fan of Randy Weaver, domestic terrorist??

You shall be known by the company you keep.

Randy Weaver was another terrorist calling for armed insurrection, just like Dweeb.

Won't be long b4 a Federal Agent gives Dweeb a third eye.
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably read it in that self-agrandizing manifesto you wrote using the typewriter in the public library next to Ted Kazynsky. Or, was that dupe Obama hired to write the books he claims to have written sitting next to you?
What you call rightwing is actually center.
That's how distorted your perception is.
forks_make_us_fa t

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Rubber room teachers in....

NY....
cost taxpayers $22 million year!!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2012/...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

proud2bwhite wrote:
<quoted text> ghost I have no want or desire to come to your home ,but if I change my mind , what time are visiting hrs and the name of the asylum you're housed in?
Get your cheap and ill-informed child like barbs in quick, a celler dweeling rubber fork user residing in his single wide like yourself can only dream of my life as I will be headed out again come Friday. You will be relieved to know that I will be deep into the Jefferson National Forest for the next couple months, no internet. So the good news for me is I will soon forget that I live in a nation where morons like you exist.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
The problem for the GOP, as it is for all defeated, flailing parties, is that its leaders are sometimes oblivious to the party’s most serious weaknesses, or else they mistake those weaknesses for strengths.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
Good article. Denial by Carol and her flaky feathered friends will drive the party into national irrelevancy:

They won't own up to this:

"Far more politically damaging for Republicans are the national party’s lack of any relevant economic policy agenda and its cynical, selective interest in fiscal responsibility. This is the “pro-growth” party that presided over wage stagnation and anemic job growth in the 2000s, and this is the party supposedly horrified by deficit spending while being historically far worse at running up deficits when in power.

The weaknesses don’t stop there. The GOP wants to be perceived as the party of limited, constitutional government, but it just went through the better part of a decade expanding the size and intrusiveness of government, and it supported practices of illegal detention and illegal surveillance to boot. With depressingly few exceptions, the party hasn’t repudiated any of the latter, and there appears to be no urgency in reversing or undoing any of the damage done by these things. Having trashed almost everything that their party was supposed to represent, many Republican leaders act as if the worst thing that ever happened during the Bush years was a profusion of earmarks. Until they stop kidding or lying to themselves about what happened the last time there was unified Republican government, it’s doubtful that the public will be willing to entrust them with that much power."
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Boehner’s Fiscal Long Game

Is "no budget, no pay" a smart strategy or a surrender to big government?

The GOP was committed to the idea that additional borrowing authority should be matched dollar-for-dollar by spending cuts, making a higher debt limit less of a blank check. Last week, House Republicans instead passed a three-month extension of the debt ceiling with no spending cuts but some promises to revisit spending in May.

Naturally, many conservatives feel they are being played. Spending cuts always come later. When the GOP is out of power, they must wait until they have won the next election to address the size of government. When Republicans are in power, they must not do anything to the budget that might make spending-addicted voters throw them out.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articl...

not to forget that most of the spending-addicted are in red states.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 783,461 - 783,480 of1,034,120
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

50 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min litesong 42,993
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 18 min PEllen 96,134
Abby 4-19 25 min Kuuipo 9
Music Artists A to Z 29 min boundary painter 92
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 35 min boundary painter 1,023
Amy 4-19 38 min boundary painter 8
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 46 min boundary painter 7,551
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]