Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#850298 Jan 30, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Chrysler is owned by who? Fiat? I believe they are an Italian company? Better hope Ben says he is going to keep printing money this afternoon if you want that to happen. If he says the printing presses are being turned off watch for a major slide.
Is there anything that can lift up from that gloom and doom world that you reside in? Of course other than that inebriated state that you constantly enjoy?
TheOracle

Sanford, FL

#850299 Jan 30, 2013
obama is a plague on America,he is part of the punishment for the sin that characterizes this society,America is past the point of no return and is on her deathbed,this country will not survive the next four years.....here will be war,disease,economic disaster,rampant crimes against humanity,roving serial killers and total lawlessness,A nightmare in which millions will perish.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#850300 Jan 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you forgot to note the unpopularity of stated republican policies.
you wingnuts always leave that out of your excuse meme.
Obama and the Dems have us on the path to becoming New Greece. the unintended consequences of a whole country being supported by a redistributionist government:

'ATHENS, Greece -- Fireplaces were long a status symbol for Greece's up-and-coming middle class, like the second car and the flat-screen TV. Now, they are increasingly their owners' only defense against the encroaching winter cold.

A steep increase in heating costs has led many Greeks to switch from heating oil to wood-burning. But the price of using cheaper fuel is growing.

Illegal loggers are slashing through forests already devastated by years of summer wildfires. Air pollution from wood smoke is choking the country's main cities. And there has been an increase in blazes caused by carelessly attended woodstoves.

(Three children died in a northern village last month when a fire gutted the home of their grandparents, who had recently changed from oil-fueled central heating to a wooden stove to save money.

In Athens, the capital, officials have warned of severe health risks from the low-lying smog that smothers the city at night, when fireplaces and woodstoves burn at full blast in poorly insulated homes. Greece's leading medical association is demanding urgent action to clean the air. But those warnings have largely been ignored for a simple reason: Burning wood provides the same warmth as heating oil, for roughly half the cost.

For the past three years, the country has been wracked by its worst financial crisis since the end of World War II. LIVING STANDARDS HAVE PLUMMETED, PENSIONS HAVE BEEN SLASHED AND A QUARTER OF THE WORKFORCE IS UNEMPLOYED, FOLLOWING DEEPLY RESENTED CUTBACKS DEMANDED IN RETURN FOR INTERNATIONAL BAILOUTS SHIELDING GREECE FROM TOTAL RUIN.

The heating crisis was triggered by taxation changes, and made desperate by financial woes. For years, fuel for vehicles was taxed more heavily than heating oil. That encouraged crooked traders to sell heating fuel for use in vehicles and pocket the difference.

Hoping to boost faltering revenues and foil tax fraud, the government this year harmonized taxes on vehicle fuel and heating oil, which now costs about 40 percent more than last winter, although lower-income residents of colder areas get a rebate.

Critics say the move backfired due to a drastic decline in sales.
"The fact that the price of petrol has greatly increased, while incomes are shrinking to an unbearable extent, creates a vast problem with heating in Greece," said lawmaker Thomas Psyrras from the Democratic Left party - a junior partner in Greece's conservative-led coalition government. "People who live abroad imagine that we have sunshine all year round, but that's not the case."

Temperatures have dropped below freezing in much of the country this winter, while snow fell in central Athens this month.
STRATOS PARADIAS, HEAD OF THE HELLENIC PROPERTY FEDERATION THAT REPRESENTS PROPERTY OWNERS, SAYS MANY CITY DWELLERS HAVE BEEN LEFT WITHOUT ANY CENTRAL HEATING. "THERE ARE SOME WHO ARE COMPLETELY UNABLE TO PAY THE COSTS DUE TO THE CRISIS," HE SAID.

BUT EVEN THOSE WHO CAN AFFORD OIL, OR THE SLIGHTLY CHEAPER NATURAL GAS, CAN BE LEFT SHIVERING, DUE TO THE COMMUNAL NATURE OF EACH APARTMENT BLOCK'S CENTRAL HEATING. IT MEANS THAT IF ENOUGH OWNERS WANT TO GO WITHOUT, THEIR DECISION IS BINDING FOR ALL RESIDENTS.
While electric heating is another option, most consumers perceive wood as cheaper - especially since household power bills are set to increase about 10 percent this year.

It's hard to estimate how many people have abandoned heating oil for wood. Distributors say sales of heating oil are nearly 80 percent down this winter, and new firewood yards have mushroomed all over Athens.

http://www.weather.com/health/airquality/gree...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#850301 Jan 30, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Being true to yourself is better than being a liar you idiot, just to impress everyone.
LOL.. You're alone, but happy you moron...
Idiots like you only wish others were as miserable as you are. I love my life and have been very blessed, and it pains morons like you that there are those like me, Liberals by definition along are far better of emotionally and accepted in society. I'm treated with respect every where I go by both parties...So suck on that GOOBER.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#850302 Jan 30, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>
interesting, "lying" if its Republicans
but if Dems aren't passing legislation right away, then its "waffling," which is just such a cute term.
Of course none of that registered while the Republicans were....well being republicans.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#850303 Jan 30, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Erick Erickson....
I Don’t Like Marco Rubio’s Plan
On the specific plan, for lack of legislation, it is clearly written by a group of men who seemingly love government, but do not love free markets, small businesses, or individuals. It is a plan based on faith in government, not free enterprise or the American people.
http://www.redstate.com/2013/01/29/i-dont-lik...
yes, he's talking about republicans.
I love listening to lies when when know the truth.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Fake Author

Pompano Beach, FL

#850304 Jan 30, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiots like you only wish others were as miserable as you are. I love my life and have been very blessed, and it pains morons like you that there are those like me, Liberals by definition along are far better of emotionally and accepted in society. I'm treated with respect every where I go by both parties...So suck on that GOOBER.
Unfortunately, no "book" parties...LOL

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#850305 Jan 30, 2013
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>he was re-elected because he is culturally popular and good at vilifying those who disagree with his leftist views and harmful policies.
Obama's popularity and his vilifying class warfare, is similar to
Hitler's popularity and his scapegoating of the Jews.
Hitler was only popular among the rabid right and their hatred of the Jews, liberals, etc. Amongst the general population he never got more than 38% of the vote.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
forks_make_us_fa t

Oklahoma City, OK

#850306 Jan 30, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Serving in the military isn't a job crackerhead, it's a priveledge and an honor. But i'm sure you wouldn't know. By the way we had far more than that wounded and killed in Iraq and Aftganistan....YOUR LYING WAR, IDIOT. But that was ok by you. Now we are busy cleaning up your many messes, and suddenly all you morons on the right have Morals, convictions and amnesia.
We have something you liberals don' t have...

Ethics...

As for your service in the Army.....your behaviour in here warrants BIG DOUBTS to whether you were a .....Captain....i knew many Commissioned men and women and you do not exhibit the qualities or possess the character of any of them....in any branch...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#850307 Jan 30, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>And as usual Flacko wasn't paying attention to the details. Consumer spending was up 2.2% during Q4__the overall contraction of 0.1% was caused by a reduction in government spending and specifically military spending.
So Flackstredomus bitching because gov't spending went down?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
forks_make_us_fa t

Oklahoma City, OK

#850308 Jan 30, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Chrysler is owned by who? Fiat? I believe they are an Italian company? Better hope Ben says he is going to keep printing money this afternoon if you want that to happen. If he says the printing presses are being turned off watch for a major slide.
Excuse me here,

Kindly remind dumDave how evil it was/is when Rmoney/d cheney made mucho da Nero in the stock market....
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#850309 Jan 30, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Why is it that none of the disturbed and hate-filled people, who steal guns, then go and kill movie-goers and children in schools, has never been identified as a conservative, independent or a NRA member?
-
Ft. Hood~~~ Registered Democrat ~ Muslim
-
Columbine ~~~ Too young to vote; both families were registered Democrats and progressive liberals
-
Virginia Tech ~~~ Wrote hate mail to President Bush and to his staff ~ Registered Democrat
-
Colorado Theater ~~~ Registered Democrat; staff worker on the Obama campaign; Occupy Wall Street participant; liberal
-
Connecticut School Shooter-~~~ Registered Democrat; hated Christians; liberal
-
Common thread - all of these idiots were Democrats.
-
Maddness in America? Ban guns?? Blame and treat the symptom not the cause... idiot liberals
Well lQQkie here, Floriduh pops back up and from Lakeland again.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#850310 Jan 30, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Somtimes you have to shut up, swallow your pride and accept that you're wrong dumbazz. It's not giving up. It's called growing up moron.

Why is it that none of the disturbed and hate-filled liberals, who steal guns, then go and kill movie-goers and children in schools, has never been identified as a conservative, independent or a NRA member?

AND... Before you judge me.. Make sure that you're perfect moron...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#850311 Jan 30, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>I love listening to lies when when know the truth.
the Rubio plan....

The first policy fiction is a secure border. The White House will claim the border is secure. The Republicans will claim it is not. The border will never be made impenetrable and we will proceed down this distracting, argumentative line to no end.

The second policy fiction is premised on the “jobs Americans won’t do” which is more accurately described as “jobs Americans won’t do at that price point.” Employers must prove that no American could be found to do the job the illegal alien would otherwise do. This is impossible, absurd, and turns employers to liars in the pursuit of running their business. The aggrieved can turn on the employers and potentially cost them all sorts of civil and criminal penalties.

The most significant policy fiction is premised on the idea of reform. The plan does nothing to address the black market for unskilled, low cost migrant work. It does nothing to deal with the long delays in the present immigration system. It does nothing to actually solve our immigration problems, but hides behind the construct of “comprehensive” reform. Along the way, it potentially adds more people to already overwhelmed entitlement programs, but then that too is another kicked can.

The desire to “just do something” overwhelms Washington too much. This immigration plan gives orgasmic relief to that desire, but in all the hype and show does nothing to address the real needs of employers and the hopes and dreams of those still longing to come to United States whose wait will now most likely be extended and grow even more complex.

Immigration is an issue that keeps hispanic voters from trusting the GOP. Many call it a “gateway” issue. I get that. But pandering in the name of a solution does not actually fix the problem. This is just another policy debate the Democrats can use to get the GOP to fight itself. The GOP should pivot to actually fixing the immigration problem, not just addressing the here and now.

http://www.redstate.com/2013/01/29/i-dont-lik...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#850312 Jan 30, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
First I suggest you look up those two words, BIGOT and IGNORAMUS Im sure your picture will be there. Zimmerman would never have pursued or initated any confrontation if that chickenshit wasn't armed. All you idiots on the right are chicken littles, it takes at least two of you to even get a set of small testicles.
You are a racist, BIGOT and IGNORAMUS.

Trayvon Martin had been suspended from school at the time of his death, his third disciplinary suspension of the year. One suspension occurred when Martin was observed on a security camera in a restricted area of the school; he was observed spraying "WTF" graffiti on a locker. When he was later searched by a Miami-Dade School Police Department officer, he had several pieces of women's jewelry in his backpack which he said was not his, and a screwdriver, which was described by the school police investigator as "a burglary tool".

I suggest you get your head out of your ass, sponge.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#850313 Jan 30, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
We have something you liberals don' t have...
Ethics...
As for your service in the Army.....your behaviour in here warrants BIG DOUBTS to whether you were a .....Captain....i knew many Commissioned men and women and you do not exhibit the qualities or possess the character of any of them....in any branch...
Nice try Mr. ethics...I have not worn the uniforn in many years idiot, how one conducts their selves in uniform is a totally different story. You idiots have attacked every military man [and woman] there is for politicial purposes only...some ethics, moose breath. This is a political forum numbnuts, get back in the kitchen with the women. Girlieboy.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#850314 Jan 30, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>So Flackstredomus bitching because gov't spending went down?
Looks as though he's very unhappy that Obama is succeeding.
forks_make_us_fa t

Oklahoma City, OK

#850315 Jan 30, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Hitler was only popular among the rabid right and their hatred of the Jews, liberals, etc. Amongst the general population he never got more than 38% of the vote.
Meanwhile....
Lowland gorillas all over the Congo are pounding on their chests...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#850316 Jan 30, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Hitler was only popular among the rabid right and their hatred of the Jews, liberals, etc. Amongst the general population he never got more than 38% of the vote.
I love listening to more lies when we know the truth.
phoney_army_capt ains

Oklahoma City, OK

#850317 Jan 30, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course none of that registered while the Republicans were....well being republicans.
You know anything about Adm Boorda?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 min IBdaMann 49,330
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Guru 182,098
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,911
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr L Morales 71,257
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr KiMare 51,291
Jackie Robinson Little League 3 hr very disappointed 1
amy 12-26 5 hr RACE 3
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]