Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
proud2bwhite

Auburn, NY

#849972 Jan 29, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Get your cheap and ill-informed child like barbs in quick, a celler dweeling rubber fork user residing in his single wide like yourself can only dream of my life as I will be headed out again come Friday. You will be relieved to know that I will be deep into the Jefferson National Forest for the next couple months, no internet. So the good news for me is I will soon forget that I live in a nation where morons like you exist.
hey ghost ,sorry to hear you got thrown out again and have to live in a tent in the woods for the next few months hope you can collect enough cans to get some raman noodles. I would help you out by buying one of your imaginary books if you would just tell me the title..

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#849973 Jan 29, 2013
flack wrote:
Fracking worse on climate than coal!
Can't you friggin' libtards make up your minds!!!
So now you're a believer in Climate Science??

You're weird!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

#849974 Jan 29, 2013
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor dumb republicans.
Fighting math and science has to exhausting.
IN ALL YOUR WISDOM DID YOU LEAVE A WORD OUT ??

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#849975 Jan 29, 2013
Karl Rove backed up Bobby Jindal's commentary that the Republican party must "stop being the stupid party" Monday, telling Bill O'Reilly that he thinks Jindal "is right."

"The Republican party can't simply be in mindless opposition to Barack Obama. It has to offer a vision of the future that is attractive and compelling for Americans to associate with," Rove said, comparing the formulation to Daniel Patrick Moynihan's legendary 1970s essay urging Democrats to become the party of ideas.

Rove resisted O'Reilly's assertion that that meant the GOP needs to move more to the center, saying instead it needs to move away from "stupid things" like those said by Todd Akin and Richard Mourdock, and towards a clear definition of what the party stands for.

"Explain what you're for and be for something," Rove said. "We are a growth and opportunity party. We believe in limited government and cutting the deficit and restraining spending...We need to talk about what it is that we want to do for America, not simply what we want to stop President Obama from doing."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/29/karl...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#849977 Jan 29, 2013
OBAMA NO DIFFERENT THAN BUSH HIS COUSIN A Polish investigation into secret CIA jails is being suppressed because it will embarrass the top echelon of the country’s government, lawyers of two men held illegally in one of the CIA’s ‘black sites’ in Poland tell media.

Reportedly, the results of this investigation could link some of Poland’s most senior politicians with illegal detention and torture, as well as impact negatively on the relationship between Poland and its key ally, the US, according to Reuters.

The news agency’s sources, including lawyers and human rights activists, reveal that the investigation was halted after the original investigators were taken off the case early last year.

The probe began in 2008 with prosecutors from the capital Warsaw, but in early 2012 the prosecutor-general transferred the investigation to the southern city of Krakow.

“The image is of a complete lack of action,” Mikolaj Pietrzak, lawyer for Saudi national Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri who says he was detained in a CIA jail on Polish soil, told Reuters.“The case is obviously, in my opinion, under political control … The most convenient thing politically is for the case to drag on,” Pietrzak added.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#849978 Jan 29, 2013
Oh Lokie Here!

An imbecile who can't write a complete sentence is calling someone else dumb. You can't make this $hit up!
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Look, dumb carol, nobody really wants to know about your personal life--pathetic or otherwise--but you can't "attest" for anyone but yourself, let alone George Dumbya Bush or your father...you keep tying that millstone around your neck minute by minute.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#849980 Jan 29, 2013
Let's see if the petty person finds my typo...

LOL!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#849981 Jan 29, 2013
They came as slaves; vast human cargo transported on tall British ships bound for the Americas. They were shipped by the hundreds of thousands and included men, women, and even the youngest of children.

Whenever they rebelled or even disobeyed an order, they were punished in the harshest ways. Slave owners would hang their human property by their hands and set their hands or feet on fire as one form of punishment. They were burned alive and had their heads placed on pikes in the marketplace as a warning to other captives.

We don’t really need to go through all of the gory details, do we? We know all too well the atrocities of the African slave trade.

But, are we talking about African slavery? King James II and Charles I also led a continued effort to enslave the Irish. Britain’s famed Oliver Cromwell furthered this practice of dehumanizing one’s next door neighbor.

The Irish slave trade began when James II sold 30,000 Irish prisoners as slaves to the New World. His Proclamation of 1625 required Irish political prisoners be sent overseas and sold to English settlers in the West Indies. By the mid 1600s, the Irish were the main slaves sold to Antigua and Montserrat. At that time, 70% of the total population of Montserrat were Irish slaves.

Ireland quickly became the biggest source of human livestock for English merchants. The majority of the early slaves to the New World were actually white.

From 1641 to 1652, over 500,000 Irish were killed by the English and another 300,000 were sold as slaves. Ireland’s population fell from about 1,500,000 to 600,000 in one single decade. Families were ripped apart as the British did not allow Irish dads to take their wives and children with them across the Atlantic. This led to a helpless population of homeless women and children. Britain’s solution was to auction them off as well.

During the 1650s, over 100,000 Irish children between the ages of 10 and 14 were taken from their parents and sold as slaves in the West Indies, Virginia and New England. In this decade, 52,000 Irish (mostly women and children) were sold to Barbados and Virginia. Another 30,000 Irish men and women were also transported and sold to the highest bidder. In 1656, Cromwell ordered that 2000 Irish children be taken to Jamaica and sold as slaves to English settlers.

Many people today will avoid calling the Irish slaves what they truly were: Slaves. They’ll come up with terms like “Indentured Servants” to describe what occurred to the Irish. However, in most cases from the 17th and 18th centuries, Irish slaves were nothing more than human cattle.

As an example, the African slave trade was just beginning during this same period. It is well recorded that African slaves, not tainted with the stain of the hated Catholic theology and more expensive to purchase, were often treated far better than their Irish counterparts.

African slaves were very expensive during the late 1600s (50 Sterling). Irish slaves came cheap (no more than 5 Sterling). If a planter whipped or branded or beat an Irish slave to death, it was never a crime. A death was a monetary setback, but far cheaper than killing a more expensive African. The English masters quickly began breeding the Irish women for both their own personal pleasure and for greater profit. Children of slaves were themselves slaves, which increased the size of the master’s free workforce. Even if an Irish woman somehow obtained her freedom, her kids would remain slaves of her master. Thus, Irish moms, even with this new found emancipation, would seldom abandon their kids and would remain in servitude.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#849982 Jan 29, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG, not the "never had a job" lie again.
Come on, get imaginative & make up some new lies for a change.
If you were that Senator..... Now that's comical. Hillary would have you whimpering cowering in the corner.
BS Davey, I grew up 10 miles west of where she did. People I know that knew her, said she always acted like a horse's patoot. She was a social climber, she married Billie Boie because she couldn't make it in Washington social circles on her own. If... she had confronted me,that way I would have blown it back in her face.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#849983 Jan 29, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>He and his new butt buddy Martinez are having a regular luvfest on that other thread__Born in Chicago, Shiny Erection and others (bronach) are all over the Trayvon threads puking racist sht and this past weekend brought some from the Orlando Forums Crazy Ron crew to this thread.
Without HIPPA these mutts would all be on a list.
Lou Barletta just put his foot in his mouth__he's a first term TeaParty stooge.
You participate in that many threads? Do you want to take back your "wasted time" accusation?

It's hipaa, btw.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#849984 Jan 29, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
And In your particular case you are not acting. Seriously.
Seriously?

You should be prohibited by law from using that word.

To you, that's the "S" word.

Seriously...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#849985 Jan 29, 2013
IF SAMBOS were TAUGHT BY LILY LIBS TO LEARN SAMBO WOULD BE BLACK and INDIePENDENT OF LILY , SAMBO WOULDN'T BE THE FACE OF WELFARE IF LILY LIBS HAD YOUR BEST INTREST AT HEART, but SAMBO CAN'T THINK FOR THEMSELVES OR THEY WILL FALL FROM GRACE OF LILY LIBS WHO SAMBO MUST CONTINUE to ENTERTAIN minstrels...................

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#849986 Jan 29, 2013
The Irish Slave Trade – The Forgotten “White” Slaves
The Slaves That Time Forgot
In time, the English thought of a better way to use these women (in many cases, girls as young as 12) to increase their market share: The settlers began to breed Irish women and girls with African men to produce slaves with a distinct complexion. These new “mulatto” slaves brought a higher price than Irish livestock and, likewise, enabled the settlers to save money rather than purchase new African slaves. This practice of interbreeding Irish females with African men went on for several decades and was so widespread that, in 1681, legislation was passed “forbidding the practice of mating Irish slave women to African slave men for the purpose of producing slaves for sale.” In short, it was stopped only because it interfered with the profits of a large slave transport company.

England continued to ship tens of thousands of Irish slaves for more than a century. Records state that, after the 1798 Irish Rebellion, thousands of Irish slaves were sold to both America and Australia. There were horrible abuses of both African and Irish captives. One British ship even dumped 1,302 slaves into the Atlantic Ocean so that the crew would have plenty of food to eat.

There is little question that the Irish experienced the horrors of slavery as much (if not more in the 17th Century) as the Africans did. There is, also, very little question that those brown, tanned faces you witness in your travels to the West Indies are very likely a combination of African and Irish ancestry. In 1839, Britain finally decided on it’s own to end it’s participation in Satan’s highway to hell and stopped transporting slaves. While their decision did not stop pirates from doing what they desired, the new law slowly concluded THIS chapter of nightmarish Irish misery.

But, if anyone, black or white, believes that slavery was only an African experience, then they’ve got it completely wrong.

Irish slavery is a subject worth remembering, not erasing from our memories.

But, where are our public (and PRIVATE) schools???? Where are the history books? Why is it so seldom discussed?

Do the memories of hundreds of thousands of Irish victims merit more than a mention from an unknown writer?

Or is their story to be one that their English pirates intended: To (unlike the African book) have the Irish story utterly and completely disappear as if it never happened.

None of the Irish victims ever made it back to their homeland to describe their ordeal. These are the lost slaves; the ones that time and biased history books conveniently forgot.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Fact

France

#849987 Jan 29, 2013
The U.S. President Powerless to Stop the War On Drugs!

There is an old saying:“Sometimes we do not see the forest for the trees.”
Sometimes the obvious is right in front of us and we still don’t see it. Washington is the grand case in point; compare the White House to the Pentagon, which is larger? The Pentagon and so lies the World War 3 managed by the N.S.A.(National Security Administration.) Everything is national security to those folks and that means they answer to no one, no accountability. To go a step further here, the NSA manages the White house first and foremost! The American public pretends to elect the government but it is the NSA that provides the choices.

Written by Anonymous, we shall be silent no more! Anonymous is the only option as our freedom in the USA is a police state and they come after those speaking the truth which is why they desire to control the internet.
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#849988 Jan 29, 2013
LiLY LIBS AND THEIR LITTLE sammies do not want the population educated, the post from the LILY LIBS AND their SAMMIES continue to do what the KKK JIM CROW DEMOCRATS DO TERRORIZE THE POPULATION

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#849989 Jan 29, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean Hoodieman? That drug-using drop-out gang-banger wannabe who got blown to hell while he was trying to bash an armed American's brains out against a concrete sidewalk?
Note to drug-using drop-out gang-banger wannabes: Don't bash a smaller person's head against a concrete sidewalk while they are on their back on the ground. They are possibly armed and you are likely to get a hole blown through your worthless ass.

Here I thought all you right whining POSs were all for defending oneself.

Some pervert pretend cop follows, in his truck, a kid, who had all rights to be where he was, then gets out to pursue him and the kid is supposed to do nothing but stand there to get attacked or mugged or whatever.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#849990 Jan 29, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
Once I realized you had no clue, I decided to let you stew in your own stupidity!!
I see you're still stewing..........
Please let us know if the lightbulb ever comes on in that short-circuited pile of mush between your ears.
BWAHAHAHAHAHA
<quoted text>
Kindly tell us the answers. Here's the post again for your convenience:
Where was Obama during the 7-hour battle between Al Qaeda and the stripped-down American security detatchment while the real-time video was being watched in the White House?
And;
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
Since the answers are so logical and obvious, you should have no problems just jotting down them for us.
A simple location is required to answer the first question.
A simple source of money is required to answer the second question.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#849991 Jan 29, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
Oh Lokie Here!
An imbecile who can't write a complete sentence is calling someone else dumb. You can't make this $hit up!
<quoted text>
There are no incomplete sentences in what I wrote, Knock-knock Archie, but one who can't even spell "looky" or "lookit" correctly should probably not throw (kidney) stones in the home for brainless baggers.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#849992 Jan 29, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Real Canadians do not claim Peppy of WallStreet MENTALity as a true Canadian. That MENTALity, is just not Canadian like.
I see you got your still back up and running.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Truth is no SIN

Bronx, NY

#849993 Jan 29, 2013
We want to focus your attention on two topics.

One shows the only path out of the economic collapse.

The other shows the direction that will most assuredly take us into deeper collapse. So far, the bi-partisans in Washington, DC are on the path to an ‘Obama Recession.’

First, the wrong path: austerity. Great Britain has shown the world what austerity will bring – deeper recession. Britain may be going into its third economic collapse in four years with a 0.3% decline in its GDP in the last quarter and its worst year for manufacturing on record. David Cameron was elected on the promise of austerity and he delivered. The result is Britain has the worst economy on record dating back to 1830. That’s right, before the reign of Queen Victoria!Our policy makers could learn the same thing from U.S. history.

When FDR came to power, he put in place stimulus programs that directly created jobs. He built a lot of infrastructure that is still with us today employing people in useful work as government employees. In 1936, FDR and Congress thought they had gotten the economy going and started worrying about deficit spending. They decided to cut the funding of the New Deal to decrease the deficit. The result: the Roosevelt Recession of 1937 and 1938. Roosevelt realized his error and started stimulating the economy again and quickly the recession ended and growth returned. Even before the attack on Pearl Harbor the U.S. economy was on the mend.

Lesson to President Obama: Pursue the path of cutting the deficit with cuts to human needs and you are risking an “Obama Recession.” You will have squandered an immense opportunity to get the country on track.

Second, what is the solution to end the economic collapse? There is one thing that has paralleled deficit spending for decades. As the chart below shows that one thing is unemployment. If unemployment is high, deficit as a percent of GDP is high. If we reduce unemployment, the deficit shrinks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 min Mister Tonka 98,528
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min Chicagoan by Birth 179,640
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 30 min Poof1 50,750
Abby 10-30 57 min Mister Tonka 4
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr RJS 7,829
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Eric 70,140
Weekend violence in Chicago: 4 dead, 35 wounded 14 hr MIKETOUHY 5
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]