Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
782,781 - 782,800 of 1,079,228 Comments Last updated 2 min ago
Confucius

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
He probably won't get this the first time he sees it so I'll reply to it to give him a second chance to read it.
I also have selfish reasons for doing this. I'm closing in on 80 peanut judge-its today and maybe this can propel me to a triple digit personal best.
Glad to be of service, white beard. Bring me some mangos sometime.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The past decade has been hotter than any on record. Is he saying we will see these temperatures for another 25 years???? 25 years of droughts. 25 years of stronger storms? More Sandy's, the Mississippi river shrinking to one lane.
Then what?
No one every said that the most serious problems would appear within the net 25 years.
They say we need to act now to prevent major problems further down the road - maybe 100 years out or so.
No he said there has been no warming since 1996. There is no global warming. Norway climatologist came out saying climate change has been overrated. Seems the scientists are starting to change their minds.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't an article you posted a few days ago say the 70s was an unusually cold decade?
But that doesn't count you know because that would screw up the 'science'.

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
History is replete with situations budding in one administration and ripening in the next. Obama has spent trillions 'fixing' everything from schools to roads to jobs with NOTHING to show for it, so WTF? We're entering the fifth year of a phantom recovery, one that you argue is here, but 40 million Americans are waiting to see.
I never accused you of beg a dupe, I called you a gullible dope.
So, you aren't going to even admit when this problem started & who was driving the bus.

How pathetic.

The stimulus took us from Bush's last month losing 750,000 jobs a month & a economy shrinking at a rate over 6% to positive gains in the private sector & a growing economy.\

To a blithering Bush Asskisser like you, that is a waste of money.

Well guess what, if Bush did not leave Obama with that recession, Obama would not have had to spend money trying to fix it.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The ice age story was false. http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/weather/climat...
Wow, you are proven to be yet again to be UNINFORMED.
We have over a hundred years of record temperatures.
We have climate information going back centuries.
Here it is.

"The '70s was an unusually cold decade."

"Thomas Peterson of the National Climatic Data Center surveyed dozens of peer-reviewed scientific articles from 1965 to 1979" - Dozens? There were only dozens to review, or did he cherry pick? Not enough information in the article to know.

" Peterson, who was also a contributor to the United Nations' Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change 2007 report." - oh, snap!

I might be "uninformed", but I don't need an article to tell me they were wrong about the coming ice age.

-------

Not from your article, but interesting information none the less

“The worriers about cooling included Science, the most influential scientific journal in the world, quoting an official of the World Meteorological Organization; the National Academy of Sciences worrying about the onset of a 10,000 year ice age; Newsweek warning that food production could be adversely affected within a decade; the New York Times quoting an official of the National Center for Atmospheric Research; and Science Digest, the science periodical with the largest circulation.”

“Several schools of thought in climate science interpret existing data in different ways. One argues that, instead of growing warmer, the Earth may enter an Ice Age as a result of man-made fuels combustion. The combustion of fossil fuels releases large quantities of particulate matter into the atmosphere, which may reflect sunlight away from the Earth, thus cooling the planet.”

- Wilson Clark, Energy for Survival: The Alternative to Extinction (Garden City, NY: Anchor Books, 1974), p. 117.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
If they can not get an abortion, what happens?
My God, you are dumber than sh*t.
Since I was looking back a few days, i figured I'd reply to this also.

Since you are so much smarter than anyone else on this thread, maybe you can show me where it says the woman must carry the pregnancy to term?

Here is the link provided by lily

http://www.nmlegis.gov/Sessions/13%20Regular/...
Mike

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

what??

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> But that doesn't count you know because that would screw up the 'science'.
I think it's amusing that Dave provided an article stating global cooling was debunked. Wonder what climatologists will be saying in 10 years. And to think we can do anything about it is absurd.

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> No he said there has been no warming since 1996. There is no global warming. Norway climatologist came out saying climate change has been overrated. Seems the scientists are starting to change their minds.
"2012 was the ninth warmest year since 1880, continuing a long-term trend of rising global temperatures. The ten warmest years in the 132-year record have all occurred since 1998. The last year that was cooler than average was 1976."

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.ph...

I know. I know. Yep those lying f*cks at NASA. They lied about landing on the moon. They lied about the Mars Rover.

And now they are lying about Global Warming.

Got to be it, right?

You people get dumber eery day.
Confucius

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Confucius say: there is always room at the top because it's empty. The manger, however, has a long list of penitents waiting their turn to get in.
Confucius

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Confucius say: show me the man with everything and I'll show you the woman with chlamydia.

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I was looking back a few days, i figured I'd reply to this also.
Since you are so much smarter than anyone else on this thread, maybe you can show me where it says the woman must carry the pregnancy to term?
Here is the link provided by lily
http://www.nmlegis.gov/Sessions/13%20Regular/...
In case of a open rape case, if you say it is illegal to get an abortion while the case is open and in light of the amount of time it takes between the actual rape & conviction, you are forcing this woman to either break the law or carry the baby to term.

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's amusing that Dave provided an article stating global cooling was debunked. Wonder what climatologists will be saying in 10 years. And to think we can do anything about it is absurd.
If you bothered to pull your head out of your fat butt & read the article, it said scientist never said there was a trend towards global cooling. It said that it reported cooler global temperatures & the press did the rest.
Confucius

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Confucius say: if the afterlife is so much better than this one, why not get a jump on the crowds?

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be funny except the fact that will will use this to control our lives if we let them. This and medical care.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
In case of a open rape case, if you say it is illegal to get an abortion while the case is open and in light of the amount of time it takes between the actual rape & conviction, you are forcing this woman to either break the law or carry the baby to term.
Where does it say it is illegal for a woman to get an abortion?

You have the legislation, it's only a couple of pages, it should be a piece of cake to copy the passage to support our claim.
Confucius

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Confucius say: life is like a bottle of good rice wine. The point is to drain it lovingly and enjoy it going down, not to hoard the contents for later or keep trying to fill up what spills needlessly and you certainly don't want to just chug it without tasting. If your body quits before the wine is gone, then you've wasted your life not conserved it. If you body quits after the wine is gone then you've timed it perfectly.
Confucius

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> It would be funny except the fact that will will use this to control our lives if we let them. This and medical care.
Confucius say: it apparent your little girl lost her virginity to Ms. Rice while she was with the church group in Washington. What did you think was going to happen? Have you looked at that woman?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The stupider Barney is, the bigger the settlement.
Yeah right!

Hey pal didja see where we've got a few of your fellow SE Pennsylvania mutts on trial down here for a shootout between Warlocks groups. Hah, the PA Warlocks said that they didn't expect trouble but wore their body armor just because "it felt good."

They didn't refuse the search iirc.

They'll live at Raiford for the balance of their lives__they won't like it.
Confucius

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Confucius say: Oscar Wilde "died destitute in Paris at the age of forty-six." Wikipedia

They make it sound like that was a punishment? In the first place, who does not die destitute? If, therefore, you are bound by the laws of nature to die destitute, wouldn't you rather do it in Paris? Use your heads, people!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

88 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Abby 7-24 7 min Sublime1 9
Amy 7-24 15 min boundary painter 16
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 17 min boundary painter 4,546
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 25 min andet1987 461
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 25 min Terry rigsby 48,872
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 38 min Rogue Scholar 05 174,518
Word (Dec '08) 38 min boundary painter 4,582
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr edogxxx 97,516
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE