Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
782,761 - 782,780 of 1,098,816 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
Confucius

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You are the funniest member of the Hedonistic Intelligentsia, Ltd. Normally, you might be right in your view of Superbowl Sunday, but I HATE the Ravens worse than these righties hate reason and, er, everybody, and plan to boycott it...if I could figure out how to set the DVR for commercials only I would...oh, and Rondo is out for the season and the Buckeyes might beat the Cats and...well, I might not be more than a closet jock 'til Wimbledon. ;P
In that case, let's just watch Downton Abbey or something? We're halfway home, baby. After four years in bed together we still love each other's company.
RUSH10ME

Hayes, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol!
Try refusing a cops order while being black, you toothless hillbilly.
You mean convicted felons?

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Climate Depot Climatologist Pat Michaels:'Global warming apocalypse canceled':'It's a pretty good bet that we are going to go nearly a quarter of a century without warming.'
Time for the fruitcakes to scream!
The past decade has been hotter than any on record. Is he saying we will see these temperatures for another 25 years???? 25 years of droughts. 25 years of stronger storms? More Sandy's, the Mississippi river shrinking to one lane.

Then what?

No one every said that the most serious problems would appear within the net 25 years.

They say we need to act now to prevent major problems further down the road - maybe 100 years out or so.

Loysville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
Once the warmers realize they can no longer profit from 'climate change' the next crisis already starting to make the rounds is 'acid oceans'. The progressives have finally found their weapons against freedom. Healthcare and climate change.
"Warmers" have science on their side. I hope your children know just how f*cking stupid their father is.

Their kids would suffer because you are so ignorant & uninformed.

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see....
Al Qaeda engages in a 7-hour attack specifically targeting the Ambassador and the real-time video is being watched in the White House, and nobody wakes the president?(I believe nobody in the White House thought Obama was important enough to keep informed on this event, though.)
Got a source for that info, Obama sleeping while the real-time video of Al Qaeda killing Americans for 7 hours was being watched in the White House?
Got a source for the orders from the White House to stand down all of the units that had been placed specifically to respond to an attack on our embassy? Basically, who in the White House gave the order to let Al Qaeda continue killing Americans? In other words, since Obama was asleep, who was acting as president and giving those orders?(... Vallerie Jarrett, of course.)
So, please be definitive. What source states Obama slept through the entire attack while the White House watched Al Qaeda kill Americans for 7 hours.
And, "taxes" just don't cut it.
Who's going to pay those taxes?
You do realize that if you taxed the top 10 percent of earners in the country at 100 percent and made them destitute, you still wouldn't have enough money to pay for Obama's government, don't you?
So, that question still remains unanswered.
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
Who will have to pay?
The problem with this Benghazi stuff is that it doesn't work. No one except right wing morons thinks Obama should have been responsible for embassy security. You are a classic example of why the Republican party is dying, nothing to offer except redundant attacks on Obama.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results .

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The past decade has been hotter than any on record. Is he saying we will see these temperatures for another 25 years???? 25 years of droughts. 25 years of stronger storms? More Sandy's, the Mississippi river shrinking to one lane.
Then what?
No one every said that the most serious problems would appear within the net 25 years.
They say we need to act now to prevent major problems further down the road - maybe 100 years out or so.
Didn't an article you posted a few days ago say the 70s was an unusually cold decade?
Confucius

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
He probably won't get this the first time he sees it so I'll reply to it to give him a second chance to read it.
I also have selfish reasons for doing this. I'm closing in on 80 peanut judge-its today and maybe this can propel me to a triple digit personal best.
Glad to be of service, white beard. Bring me some mangos sometime.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what?
No he said there has been no warming since 1996. There is no global warming. Norway climatologist came out saying climate change has been overrated. Seems the scientists are starting to change their minds.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't an article you posted a few days ago say the 70s was an unusually cold decade?
But that doesn't count you know because that would screw up the 'science'.

Loysville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
History is replete with situations budding in one administration and ripening in the next. Obama has spent trillions 'fixing' everything from schools to roads to jobs with NOTHING to show for it, so WTF? We're entering the fifth year of a phantom recovery, one that you argue is here, but 40 million Americans are waiting to see.
I never accused you of beg a dupe, I called you a gullible dope.
So, you aren't going to even admit when this problem started & who was driving the bus.

How pathetic.

The stimulus took us from Bush's last month losing 750,000 jobs a month & a economy shrinking at a rate over 6% to positive gains in the private sector & a growing economy.\

To a blithering Bush Asskisser like you, that is a waste of money.

Well guess what, if Bush did not leave Obama with that recession, Obama would not have had to spend money trying to fix it.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The ice age story was false. http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/weather/climat...
Wow, you are proven to be yet again to be UNINFORMED.
We have over a hundred years of record temperatures.
We have climate information going back centuries.
Here it is.

"The '70s was an unusually cold decade."

"Thomas Peterson of the National Climatic Data Center surveyed dozens of peer-reviewed scientific articles from 1965 to 1979" - Dozens? There were only dozens to review, or did he cherry pick? Not enough information in the article to know.

" Peterson, who was also a contributor to the United Nations' Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change 2007 report." - oh, snap!

I might be "uninformed", but I don't need an article to tell me they were wrong about the coming ice age.

-------

Not from your article, but interesting information none the less

“The worriers about cooling included Science, the most influential scientific journal in the world, quoting an official of the World Meteorological Organization; the National Academy of Sciences worrying about the onset of a 10,000 year ice age; Newsweek warning that food production could be adversely affected within a decade; the New York Times quoting an official of the National Center for Atmospheric Research; and Science Digest, the science periodical with the largest circulation.”

“Several schools of thought in climate science interpret existing data in different ways. One argues that, instead of growing warmer, the Earth may enter an Ice Age as a result of man-made fuels combustion. The combustion of fossil fuels releases large quantities of particulate matter into the atmosphere, which may reflect sunlight away from the Earth, thus cooling the planet.”

- Wilson Clark, Energy for Survival: The Alternative to Extinction (Garden City, NY: Anchor Books, 1974), p. 117.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
If they can not get an abortion, what happens?
My God, you are dumber than sh*t.
Since I was looking back a few days, i figured I'd reply to this also.

Since you are so much smarter than anyone else on this thread, maybe you can show me where it says the woman must carry the pregnancy to term?

Here is the link provided by lily

http://www.nmlegis.gov/Sessions/13%20Regular/...
Mike

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

what??

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> But that doesn't count you know because that would screw up the 'science'.
I think it's amusing that Dave provided an article stating global cooling was debunked. Wonder what climatologists will be saying in 10 years. And to think we can do anything about it is absurd.

Loysville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> No he said there has been no warming since 1996. There is no global warming. Norway climatologist came out saying climate change has been overrated. Seems the scientists are starting to change their minds.
"2012 was the ninth warmest year since 1880, continuing a long-term trend of rising global temperatures. The ten warmest years in the 132-year record have all occurred since 1998. The last year that was cooler than average was 1976."

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.ph...

I know. I know. Yep those lying f*cks at NASA. They lied about landing on the moon. They lied about the Mars Rover.

And now they are lying about Global Warming.

Got to be it, right?

You people get dumber eery day.
Confucius

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Confucius say: there is always room at the top because it's empty. The manger, however, has a long list of penitents waiting their turn to get in.
Confucius

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Confucius say: show me the man with everything and I'll show you the woman with chlamydia.

Loysville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I was looking back a few days, i figured I'd reply to this also.
Since you are so much smarter than anyone else on this thread, maybe you can show me where it says the woman must carry the pregnancy to term?
Here is the link provided by lily
http://www.nmlegis.gov/Sessions/13%20Regular/...
In case of a open rape case, if you say it is illegal to get an abortion while the case is open and in light of the amount of time it takes between the actual rape & conviction, you are forcing this woman to either break the law or carry the baby to term.

Loysville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's amusing that Dave provided an article stating global cooling was debunked. Wonder what climatologists will be saying in 10 years. And to think we can do anything about it is absurd.
If you bothered to pull your head out of your fat butt & read the article, it said scientist never said there was a trend towards global cooling. It said that it reported cooler global temperatures & the press did the rest.
Confucius

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Confucius say: if the afterlife is so much better than this one, why not get a jump on the crowds?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago