Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
782,321 - 782,340 of 1,082,608 Comments Last updated 2 min ago

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
But where will people like Carol and Nobraina go if the Republiclowns stop being the Stupid Party??
Even the stupidheads here on Topix need a Party to call home.
Maybe they can resurrect the 'Know Nothing' Party.
It would fit them perfectly. They Know Nothing!!
<quoted text>
Here's their party:

http://www.conservativepartyusa.org/home/nati...
WAKE UP DEMOCRATICS

Greenville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

7 January 2013

The Honorable Barack Obama
President of the United States of America
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20500

Dear President Obama:

We, the elected sheriffs of Utah, like so many of our fellow Americans, are literally heartbroken for the loved ones of the murdered victims in Connecticut. As Utahans, we are not strangers to this kind of carnage – one of the latest being the 2007 Trolley Square murders wherein nine innocents were gunned down – five losing their lives.

We also recognize the scores of other recent domestic massacres, which have decimated countless honorable lives. As Americans, we value the sanctity of life. Furthermore, similar to our inspired Founders, we acknowledge our subservience to a higher power.

With the number of mass shootings America has endured, it is easy to demonize firearms; it is also foolish and prejudiced. Firearms are nothing more than instruments, valuable and potentially dangerous, but instruments nonetheless. Malevolent souls, like the criminals who commit mass murders, will always exploit valuable instruments in the pursuit of evil. As professional peace officers, if we understand nothing else, we understand this: lawful violence must sometimes be employed to deter and stop criminal violence. Consequently, the citizenry must continue its ability to keep and bear arms, including arms that adequately protect them from all types of illegality.

As your administration and Congress continue to grapple with the complex issue of firearm regulations, we pray that the Almighty will guide the People’s Representatives collectively. For that reason, it is imperative this discussion be had in Congress, not silenced unilaterally by executive orders. As you deliberate, please remember the Founders of this great nation created the Constitution, and its accompanying Bill of Rights, in an effort to protect citizens from all forms of tyrannical subjugation.

We respect the Office of the President of the United States of America. But, make no mistake, as the duly-elected sheriffs of our respective counties, we will enforce the rights guaranteed to our citizens by the Constitution. No federal official will be permitted to descend upon our constituents and take from them what the Bill of Rights-in particular Amendment II-has
given them. We, like you, swore a solemn oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, and we are prepared to trade our lives for the preservation of its traditional interpretation.

The Utah Sheriffs’ Association

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Not legitimate military decorations.
Kerry is and always has been a phony.
So you chickenhawks get to pick and choose which military decorations are "legitimate"?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll start this with your introduction:
"Makers, Takers, Fakers"
The makers are the half of the country already paying all the income taxes for the entire country.
The takers are the other half of the country getting everything for free.
The fakers are the Democrats. Obama is a candidate for the biggest hoax ever perpetrated on human society in the history of civilization. There is nothing about him that isn't rife with fraud.
The obvious solution is for everyone to pay their fair share of what the government spends. A flat tax. No exceptions. No excuses.
Let's see how everyone votes when everyone has to pay their fair share of what they voted for.
I don't think anyone will vote for a bunch of frauds attempting to install a fascist dictatorship like the Democrats are openly doing now.
is that a repost from before the election?

it's still a fail.

right wing false talking points are out of style in DC. some of those folks would like to see a republican back in the WH. FOX/Rush rhetoric will not put one there as we've all now seen.

try looking for the truth. your FOX indoctrinate can surely be overcome.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

jiminy cricket wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans had a major comeback in 2010. Part of the reason for that is the people were getting tired of the incompetency and bulldozing ideologies down our throats on Capital Hill before that time.
The difference being...Republicans listen to the wishes of the people. They did then and they are now.
Let's wait and see if the Democrats follow suit when it comes to cutting the deficit and reforms.
those people who they're listening to....are on the wrong side of the electoral majority.

they need to listen to the rest of us too. maybe then they will once again be a national party instead of regional.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Jindal: More Mush From The GOP

I keep wanting to be excited about Bobby Jindal’s bid for the presidency. I really do. But that speech in Charlotte the other day was pretty weak beer. Daniel Larison ably points out some of the contradictions and emptiness in the address, which he sees as more of the same old Republican crap. I agree, and want to add a couple of things.

It was a nice speech when it was first delivered by Ronald Reagan in 1980. But it’s gotten pretty stale and moldy by now.

Jindal bangs on and on about how government is the problem, and the Democrats are the party of government. It is incredible to see nationally prominent Republican politicians, in the year of Our Lord 2013, stand there with a straight face and condemn statism in these terms — as if the federal government didn’t continue growing under Ronald Reagan, and as if George W. Bush and the GOP Congress didn’t preside over the most explosive growth in government spending since LBJ. As is standard with contemporary GOP pols, the Bush Administration never happened. All down the memory hole.

This is why I don’t trust a single one of these Republican contenders, not in 2012, and not, so far, for 2016: not a single one of them give the slightest evidence of being able to confront the party’s massive failures.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher...

how about a list of those failures from one of you FOXbots?

quite the bubble you live in.
proud2bwhite

Marysville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy one fool, sensible gun control...I suspect it's the sensible part that you nutcases don't get? just so morons with guns don't kill all of our children and other law abiding citizens. Guns and gun owners are out of control and we prove that every year. And exactly why would you need a 22 that holds more than ten rounds? Join the military idiot.
Again Ghostie if the government is allow a weapon with a large magazine, I am allowed a weapon with a large magazine. I am the government. If not, it's tyranny and all it's foibles are leveled on the populace

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't see a correlation? You're not only simplistic but shallow.
Too many murders and assaults: ban guns and weapons.
Too many unwed mothers and fatherless children: free contraceptives and abortions.
Federal spending out of control: raise taxes.
Children getting sh!tty educations: give teachers more money.
Energy costs through the roof: subsidize failed green energy schemes.
No jobs: penalize job creators and employers.
No wonder this country is on the skids, this is the thinking in the White House.
I didn't say anything about banning guns, raising taxes, increasing education spending or any of the other crap your narrow mind heaped on to my plate.

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
So, how many Americans do you think can be killed with 750 million rounds for the FBI, BATF and DHS?
You still haven't answered these two questions:
Where was Obama during the 7-hour battle between Al Qaeda and the stripped-down American security detatchment in Benghazi while the real-time video was being watched in the White House?
And;
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
A simple location is required to answer the first question.
A simple source of money is required to answer the second question.
To date, nobody on Earth has answered the above two questions.
Shall we start the week where we left off last week, you running like a scalded dog from these questions....
How many can be killed using our nuclear arsenal?

I posted a link to where Obama was in a meeting concerning Benhazi? Where you too inept to read it?

And really, you still can't find a site saying where government revenues come from? Wow, you really are quite the imbecile.
jiminy cricket

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
So you chickenhawks get to pick and choose which military decorations are "legitimate"?
There is no question in anyone's mind that atrocities did occur during the Vietnam War. However, for a veteran of that war to speak before Congress and the entire nation and label all veterans of that war as war criminals was something I would imagine - and hope - most veterans resented.

That war changed people. He could have blamed the politicians - but not the veterans.

Kerry, in many people's minds, only succeeded in doing a disservice to his fellow veterans.

Their disapproval was made known when he wanted to become the CIC.
jiminy cricket

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
those people who they're listening to....are on the wrong side of the electoral majority.
they need to listen to the rest of us too. maybe then they will once again be a national party instead of regional.
I think they did. And still are.

It's your side we need to worry about.

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
So a women can have an abortion and get killed in combat but I can't own a '.22' that holds more than 10 rounds?

You shouldn't be allowed anything sharp let alone a gun.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Again Ghostie if the government is allow a weapon with a large magazine, I am allowed a weapon with a large magazine. I am the government. If not, it's tyranny and all it's foibles are leveled on the populace
We are a nation of laws,not an anarchy. So if you actually believe that...The people spoke the last election. Your logic is malfunctioning.

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, me too. 4% unemployment,$7 tril less debt, twice the economic growth, 25 million more jobs, gas at $1.78 per gal, private health insurance $2,600 less, 1/2 food stamp spending, lower taxes, more business startups, fewer bankruptcies, 25% lower college tuition, fewer acknowledged morons.
Bush started with a balanced budget & left office with the worst recession in 80 years, a housing collapse, near financial meltdown, doubled the debt,and two quagmire wars.

I love how you assh*les are so stupid as to drag out the $1.78 a gallon. Really. It was 1.78 a gallon down from a record high because there was no demand. No demand because George W Bush killed the economy.

Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You shouldn't be allowed anything sharp let alone a gun.
Most of those gun nuts shouldn't be allowed anything other than a rubber fork. I will guarantee that most all of them have had something bad happen to a family member with a gun, still they don't get the connection.
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Good Gawd !!!

There are enough socks running a'muck on here to clothe all of the tootsies of every bare footed baby in the 3rd World Countries !!!

Both Blue and Pink Booties Available !!!

Or is it Blue and Red ?!? ;)

LOL !!! Wish every baby born could be swaddled in pink or blue booties with matching baby hats!:)

Morning All !!!
WAKE UP DEMOCRATICS

Greenville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Senator Dianne Feinstein, author of the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and the senator currently at the forefront of the Democrat Party’s Congressional push for tighter gun control, talks about why she once had a concealed carry permit for a gun in the aftermath of what she referred to as a terrorist attack. The video is taken from the floor of Congress
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

jiminy cricket wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they did. And still are.
It's your side we need to worry about.
you think.

well as is fairly evident, we don't much need to worry about your side. other than lies and obstructionism, you have very little beyond to offer.

like...give to the rich and take from the poor is going to win a national election? and how much did those rich folks spend in a failed effort? the rich will be of no help in winning a national election.

get a clue.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

jiminy cricket wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no question in anyone's mind that atrocities did occur during the Vietnam War. However, for a veteran of that war to speak before Congress and the entire nation and label all veterans of that war as war criminals was something I would imagine - and hope - most veterans resented.
That war changed people. He could have blamed the politicians - but not the veterans.
Kerry, in many people's minds, only succeeded in doing a disservice to his fellow veterans.
Their disapproval was made known when he wanted to become the CIC.
And exactly what disservice did Bush-Cheney and all of those chickenhawks do that resulted in a few million deaths and trillions in cost. Besides Kerry did not label all veterans as war criminals, i'ma veteran and I didn't view him in that manner. Actually I salute any man that volunteers to fight for his country, unlike your heros. You views are strictly political, and not in the best interest of our nation.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

82 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 10 min SamBee 68,426
10 “Active Militia Teams” Securing The US-Mexic... 20 min Good luck 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min Jacques from Ottawa 174,991
Global Elite Agitating for War Against Russia 27 min Kurt Nimmo video 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 33 min CDC 48,961
Abby 7-29 47 min Sublime1 10
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr RJS 7,703
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••