Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

OldRatface

Pompano Beach, FL

#849022 Jan 28, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
waxturd
What's your next course? Wouldn't you rather keep SPAM ... LOL
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#849023 Jan 28, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Please enlighten us.
What was the actual quote from Pelosi when she said the ObamaKare bill has to be passed to find out what's in it....
... well?
Hand me that screwdriver would ya? I just have to tighten a couple screws on the gps tracker I installed on your pickup and you're free to move about the country. Well semi free.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#849025 Jan 28, 2013
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor little cretin, he's twitching around now like he's got fire ants up his ass. Lol.
I doubt that even they would want to live in that decrepit azz.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#849026 Jan 28, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to answer the post. I'll help you. Here it is again. Please explain to us how you got from "free state" to the federal government....
You know about as much about what's in the Constitution as Obama. It would do everyone a lot of good if you and Obama had read the Constitution at least once in your lives.
I'll help you here. Here is the exact text from the Constitution:
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
How the f**k do you get from "...the security of a free state...." to "...protect the government against those that would take up arms against it or rebel against it."
By the way, wouldn't the president attempting to unconstitutionally issue edicts to the population as if he can write his own laws to suit his whim constitute a rebellion against the government of the United States?
Do we have to fight another war to put the Constitution back into our government, and eliminate any fascist dictator wannabe here?
Homer can't post that much, because he has to fit it in while his floor supervisor is taking a bathroom break.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#849027 Jan 28, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying to goad me sir?
Homer Rule #27 - Never goad a Libertarian.
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#849028 Jan 28, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone should commit to ignore him
lol
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#849029 Jan 28, 2013
Fake Author wrote:
<quoted text> You've been writing your fake book in your various cells? LOL
Hey idiot, how is it possible to write a fake book. Old stupid one.
jiminy cricket

Orlando, FL

#849030 Jan 28, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>I've already answered 2 of your questions today. To date you have never answered any of mine, at least to my satisfaction.
Typical liberal, Homer. Demanding that questions be answer to your "satisfaction." As if an ordinary answer isn't ever good enough for you.
jiminy cricket

Orlando, FL

#849031 Jan 28, 2013
answered.

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

#849032 Jan 28, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try but you really have to defer to his expertise in fraud, deceit and judge-it loading. He can dump over 20 judge-its on a post in just seconds, Its really fun to watch.
You idiot. You fell for that like a lead balloon, fool.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#849033 Jan 28, 2013
If you do, you will die.

The Second Amendment was intended for Patriots to defend the USA from external threats, like the British were in that era!! DUH

Turn your guns against your legally elected Gov't and you will end up just like Randy Weaver's family did.

I guarantee it.

The Government is watching you, Dweeb.

Step outa line, the man comes and takes you away.
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>

Do we have to fight another war to put the Constitution back into our government, and eliminate any fascist dictator wannabe here?
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#849034 Jan 28, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone should commit to ignore him
I agree. I have decided along with Nuculur to also ignore old sleezy Eed.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#849035 Jan 28, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Please enlighten us.
What was the actual quote from Pelosi when she said the ObamaKare bill has to be passed to find out what's in it....
... well?
1) Pelosi was NOT speaking to members of Congress, she was talking to people outside of Congress.

2) She said that with all the political talk & misinformation out there, that we, the people, would not know what was in it until it passed.

You & your uninformed right whiner buddies think she was demanding House members vote without reading the bill, without knowing whast was in it.

That is a lie. The bill was posted for all to see.

Here is the quote:

"Youíve heard about the controversies within the bill, the process about the bill, one or the other. But I donít know if you have heard that it is legislation for the future, not just about health care for America, but about a healthier America, where preventive care is not something that you have to pay a deductible for or out of pocket. Prevention, prevention, preventionóitís about diet, not diabetes. Itís going to be very, very exciting.

But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy."

The "you" is not Congress. Its those in the audience who were not in Congress.
lily waxman raton fl

Pompano Beach, FL

#849036 Jan 28, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Hand me that screwdriver would ya? I just have to tighten a couple screws on the gps tracker I installed on your pickup and you're free to move about the country. Well semi free.
lily's in charge of screwdrivers.
Fake Author

Pompano Beach, FL

#849037 Jan 28, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt that even they would want to live in that decrepit azz.
Bumpass?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#849038 Jan 28, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
This idea that we are going to produce a list of the mentally unfit is just a dream.
Putting a person on that list would brand him for life, preventing employment,credit, etc.
Therefore only the worst would be on it.
The recent shooters like in Newtown & the Theater in Col, Columbine, etc would not be on it.
Obama is not closing hospitals.
I think from reading comments here & other places from these gun nuts, the idea that a person thinks they need to own an aresenal of assault rifles is an indicator that they likely need some mental health screening.
That was the exact tactic the Soviet Union used to nutralize individuals that the communists thought may cause a problem for them. The central government declared them mentally deficient. After that, the rest of their lives was destroyed.
I wonder if the mother of the shooter in Newton attempting to have him declared mentally unstable being denied is related to this discussion....

The citizens of the state are of no business of the federal government. The federal government exists to ensure the indivudual rights in the Constitution are not denied by any state.
Today, we have the federal government trying to take the rights away from the citizens of the states.
Now, what's wrong with that picture?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#849041 Jan 28, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying to goad me sir?
Hi Tenzing, have you heard about TPP? Trans-Pacific Parternship?

http://tpp2012.com/
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#849042 Jan 28, 2013
I suggest that all posters that are suspected as being old Waxhead be ignored. I think that's the only way to curb some of the stupid on here.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#849043 Jan 28, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I have decided along with Nuculur to also ignore old sleezy Eed.
Good, I'm in. Let them stick with each other.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#849044 Jan 28, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Hand me that screwdriver would ya? I just have to tighten a couple screws on the gps tracker I installed on your pickup and you're free to move about the country. Well semi free.
Like I said, homeo, it boils down to this:
There's nothing left in your neighborhood to steal. You are completely incapable of providing for yourself. Your only choice is to find some place where there is something to steal. We know you have to come see us. You know you have to come see us.
See you then.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min FastandFurious 187,848
Steve Wilkos : talk show host ? or simple mi... (Feb '08) 12 min Vicki 390
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 13 min Cold Front 69,817
News Chicago: Reward offered in search for getaway d... 15 min reality is a crutch 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr mdbuilder 53,049
News Obama and his Library-to-Be 2 hr Whiny larry 1
News CTA veteran Dorval Carter to return from D.C. t... 4 hr reality is a crutch 1
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]