Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
LooTER SHooTER

United States

#848772 Jan 28, 2013
I Love racial barriers !
IT KEEPS THE WHITEMAN ON TOP WHERE HE BELONGS !
Howdoya like me now?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bennie

Columbus, IN

#848773 Jan 28, 2013
Barat Hussein Ovbama. Our next impeached president.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
LooTER SHooTER

United States

#848774 Jan 28, 2013
Gota go !
Ill be baaawk .

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#848775 Jan 28, 2013
Makers, Takers, Fakers

.... Meanwhile, back in Louisiana Mr. Jindal is pushing a plan to eliminate the state’s income tax, which falls most heavily on the affluent, and make up for the lost revenue by raising sales taxes, which fall much more heavily on the poor and the middle class. The result would be big gains for the top 1 percent, substantial losses for the bottom 60 percent. Similar plans are being pushed by a number of other Republican governors as well.

Like the new acknowledgment that the perception of being the party of the rich is a problem, this represents a departure for the G.O.P.— but in the opposite direction. In the past, Republicans would justify tax cuts for the rich either by claiming that they would pay for themselves or by claiming that they could make up for lost revenue by cutting wasteful spending. But what we’re seeing now is open, explicit reverse Robin Hoodism: taking from ordinary families and giving to the rich. That is, even as Republicans look for a way to sound more sympathetic and less extreme, their actual policies are taking another sharp right turn.

Why is this happening? In particular, why is it happening now, just after an election in which the G.O.P. paid a price for its anti-populist stand?

Well, I don’t have a full answer, but I think it’s important to understand the extent to which leading Republicans live in an intellectual bubble. They get their news from Fox and other captive media, they get their policy analysis from billionaire-financed right-wing think tanks, and they’re often blissfully unaware both of contrary evidence and of how their positions sound to outsiders.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/28/opinion/kru... ;

hello carol.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
jiminy cricket

Orlando, FL

#848776 Jan 28, 2013
MSNBC
January 27, 2013

CHICAGO — At least five people were gunned down in a single day in Chicago, including a 34-year-old man whose mother had already lost her three other children to shootings.

Chicago's homicide count eclipsed 500 last year for the first time since 2008.

-----

Doesn't Chicago have one of the nation's strictest gun laws? Aren't Obama and most of his administration from Chicago? And why didn't it work there if they think it's going to work for the rest of the country?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#848777 Jan 28, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Now Now Now.
You're just mad because Homer's manifesto is competition for your book of fanatsies where Obama is buying enough ammo so he can kill every American.
So, how many Americans do you think can be killed with 750 million rounds for the FBI, BATF and DHS?

You still haven't answered these two questions:

Where was Obama during the 7-hour battle between Al Qaeda and the stripped-down American security detatchment in Benghazi while the real-time video was being watched in the White House?

And;

Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?

A simple location is required to answer the first question.
A simple source of money is required to answer the second question.
To date, nobody on Earth has answered the above two questions.

Shall we start the week where we left off last week, you running like a scalded dog from these questions....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
forks_make_us_fa t

Oklahoma City, OK

#848779 Jan 28, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy one fool, sensible gun control...I suspect it's the sensible part that you nutcases don't get? just so morons with guns don't kill all of our children and other law abiding citizens. Guns and gun owners are out of control and we prove that every year. And exactly why would you need a 22 that holds more than ten rounds? Join the military idiot.
Come back to the conversation when you are not high on cocaine....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
AmericanMan

Russellville, KY

#848780 Jan 28, 2013
The first test of the militia system occurred in July 1794, when a group of disaffected Pennsylvania farmers rebelled against federal tax collectors whom they viewed as illegitimate tools of tyrannical power.
I had not really considered what in modern times a militia was. After reading this I see that a militia may be needed against Repubs who keep making threats against our government and President. The recorded times in US history when a militia was used were NOT against the Government, but instead against those trying to overtake it or rebel against it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#848781 Jan 28, 2013
LooTER SHooTER wrote:
I Love racial barriers !
IT KEEPS THE WHITEMAN ON TOP WHERE HE BELONGS !
Howdoya like me now?
Great example of the Republican base spouting the Republican mantra.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
jiminy cricket

Orlando, FL

#848782 Jan 28, 2013
Republicans blew their golden opportunity to get the names of those behind the Benghazi tragedy and the ensuing coverup.

Democrats just wanted to conduct a mutual admiration society.

Very disappointing.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#848783 Jan 28, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Makers, Takers, Fakers
.... Meanwhile, back in Louisiana Mr. Jindal is pushing a plan to eliminate the state’s income tax, which falls most heavily on the affluent, and make up for the lost revenue by raising sales taxes, which fall much more heavily on the poor and the middle class. The result would be big gains for the top 1 percent, substantial losses for the bottom 60 percent. Similar plans are being pushed by a number of other Republican governors as well.
Like the new acknowledgment that the perception of being the party of the rich is a problem, this represents a departure for the G.O.P.— but in the opposite direction. In the past, Republicans would justify tax cuts for the rich either by claiming that they would pay for themselves or by claiming that they could make up for lost revenue by cutting wasteful spending. But what we’re seeing now is open, explicit reverse Robin Hoodism: taking from ordinary families and giving to the rich. That is, even as Republicans look for a way to sound more sympathetic and less extreme, their actual policies are taking another sharp right turn.
Why is this happening? In particular, why is it happening now, just after an election in which the G.O.P. paid a price for its anti-populist stand?
Well, I don’t have a full answer, but I think it’s important to understand the extent to which leading Republicans live in an intellectual bubble. They get their news from Fox and other captive media, they get their policy analysis from billionaire-financed right-wing think tanks, and they’re often blissfully unaware both of contrary evidence and of how their positions sound to outsiders.
hello carol.
I'll start this with your introduction:

"Makers, Takers, Fakers"

The makers are the half of the country already paying all the income taxes for the entire country.
The takers are the other half of the country getting everything for free.
The fakers are the Democrats. Obama is a candidate for the biggest hoax ever perpetrated on human society in the history of civilization. There is nothing about him that isn't rife with fraud.

The obvious solution is for everyone to pay their fair share of what the government spends. A flat tax. No exceptions. No excuses.

Let's see how everyone votes when everyone has to pay their fair share of what they voted for.

I don't think anyone will vote for a bunch of frauds attempting to install a fascist dictatorship like the Democrats are openly doing now.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
jiminy cricket

Orlando, FL

#848784 Jan 28, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Makers, Takers, Fakers
hello carol.
Republicans had a major comeback in 2010. Part of the reason for that is the people were getting tired of the incompetency and bulldozing ideologies down our throats on Capital Hill before that time.

The difference being...Republicans listen to the wishes of the people. They did then and they are now.

Let's wait and see if the Democrats follow suit when it comes to cutting the deficit and reforms.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#848785 Jan 28, 2013
AmericanMan wrote:
The first test of the militia system occurred in July 1794, when a group of disaffected Pennsylvania farmers rebelled against federal tax collectors whom they viewed as illegitimate tools of tyrannical power.
I had not really considered what in modern times a militia was. After reading this I see that a militia may be needed against Repubs who keep making threats against our government and President. The recorded times in US history when a militia was used were NOT against the Government, but instead against those trying to overtake it or rebel against it.
A millitia is a state's right. It isn't a federal government right. Read the goddam Constitution, dupe.

A militia may be needed to prevent Obama's government from eliminating the rights guaranteed in the Constitution to the... how does the Cosntitution put this... "free states".

Looks like you Democrats are going to get that race war you camoflauge as a class war you want.
Good luck with that. You do know that it is most certain the winners will hang the losers after the smoke clears, don't you?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#848786 Jan 28, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
But where will people like Carol and Nobraina go if the Republiclowns stop being the Stupid Party??
Even the stupidheads here on Topix need a Party to call home.
Maybe they can resurrect the 'Know Nothing' Party.
It would fit them perfectly. They Know Nothing!!
<quoted text>
Here's their party:

http://www.conservativepartyusa.org/home/nati...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
WAKE UP DEMOCRATICS

Nashville, NC

#848787 Jan 28, 2013
7 January 2013

The Honorable Barack Obama
President of the United States of America
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20500

Dear President Obama:

We, the elected sheriffs of Utah, like so many of our fellow Americans, are literally heartbroken for the loved ones of the murdered victims in Connecticut. As Utahans, we are not strangers to this kind of carnage – one of the latest being the 2007 Trolley Square murders wherein nine innocents were gunned down – five losing their lives.

We also recognize the scores of other recent domestic massacres, which have decimated countless honorable lives. As Americans, we value the sanctity of life. Furthermore, similar to our inspired Founders, we acknowledge our subservience to a higher power.

With the number of mass shootings America has endured, it is easy to demonize firearms; it is also foolish and prejudiced. Firearms are nothing more than instruments, valuable and potentially dangerous, but instruments nonetheless. Malevolent souls, like the criminals who commit mass murders, will always exploit valuable instruments in the pursuit of evil. As professional peace officers, if we understand nothing else, we understand this: lawful violence must sometimes be employed to deter and stop criminal violence. Consequently, the citizenry must continue its ability to keep and bear arms, including arms that adequately protect them from all types of illegality.

As your administration and Congress continue to grapple with the complex issue of firearm regulations, we pray that the Almighty will guide the People’s Representatives collectively. For that reason, it is imperative this discussion be had in Congress, not silenced unilaterally by executive orders. As you deliberate, please remember the Founders of this great nation created the Constitution, and its accompanying Bill of Rights, in an effort to protect citizens from all forms of tyrannical subjugation.

We respect the Office of the President of the United States of America. But, make no mistake, as the duly-elected sheriffs of our respective counties, we will enforce the rights guaranteed to our citizens by the Constitution. No federal official will be permitted to descend upon our constituents and take from them what the Bill of Rights-in particular Amendment II-has
given them. We, like you, swore a solemn oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, and we are prepared to trade our lives for the preservation of its traditional interpretation.

The Utah Sheriffs’ Association

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#848788 Jan 28, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Not legitimate military decorations.
Kerry is and always has been a phony.
So you chickenhawks get to pick and choose which military decorations are "legitimate"?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#848789 Jan 28, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll start this with your introduction:
"Makers, Takers, Fakers"
The makers are the half of the country already paying all the income taxes for the entire country.
The takers are the other half of the country getting everything for free.
The fakers are the Democrats. Obama is a candidate for the biggest hoax ever perpetrated on human society in the history of civilization. There is nothing about him that isn't rife with fraud.
The obvious solution is for everyone to pay their fair share of what the government spends. A flat tax. No exceptions. No excuses.
Let's see how everyone votes when everyone has to pay their fair share of what they voted for.
I don't think anyone will vote for a bunch of frauds attempting to install a fascist dictatorship like the Democrats are openly doing now.
is that a repost from before the election?

it's still a fail.

right wing false talking points are out of style in DC. some of those folks would like to see a republican back in the WH. FOX/Rush rhetoric will not put one there as we've all now seen.

try looking for the truth. your FOX indoctrinate can surely be overcome.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#848790 Jan 28, 2013
jiminy cricket wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans had a major comeback in 2010. Part of the reason for that is the people were getting tired of the incompetency and bulldozing ideologies down our throats on Capital Hill before that time.
The difference being...Republicans listen to the wishes of the people. They did then and they are now.
Let's wait and see if the Democrats follow suit when it comes to cutting the deficit and reforms.
those people who they're listening to....are on the wrong side of the electoral majority.

they need to listen to the rest of us too. maybe then they will once again be a national party instead of regional.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#848791 Jan 28, 2013
Jindal: More Mush From The GOP

I keep wanting to be excited about Bobby Jindal’s bid for the presidency. I really do. But that speech in Charlotte the other day was pretty weak beer. Daniel Larison ably points out some of the contradictions and emptiness in the address, which he sees as more of the same old Republican crap. I agree, and want to add a couple of things.

It was a nice speech when it was first delivered by Ronald Reagan in 1980. But it’s gotten pretty stale and moldy by now.

Jindal bangs on and on about how government is the problem, and the Democrats are the party of government. It is incredible to see nationally prominent Republican politicians, in the year of Our Lord 2013, stand there with a straight face and condemn statism in these terms — as if the federal government didn’t continue growing under Ronald Reagan, and as if George W. Bush and the GOP Congress didn’t preside over the most explosive growth in government spending since LBJ. As is standard with contemporary GOP pols, the Bush Administration never happened. All down the memory hole.

This is why I don’t trust a single one of these Republican contenders, not in 2012, and not, so far, for 2016: not a single one of them give the slightest evidence of being able to confront the party’s massive failures.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher...

how about a list of those failures from one of you FOXbots?

quite the bubble you live in.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
proud2bwhite

Richwood, OH

#848792 Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min Guru 182,141
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 48 min Earthling-1 49,340
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 50 min KiMerde 51,294
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 71,260
1 dead, 2 others wounded in shootings on South ... 1 hr reality is a crutch 1
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 406
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 4,921
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance