Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#848389 Jan 27, 2013
jiminy cricket wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not talking about Joe McCarthy. We're talking about Obama and an avowed communist and Mao-Tse Tung admirer on his cabinet.
Have you done any investigations at all into any of his czars?
I have. So have many others.
You've rolled over and are happily playing dead already.
You haven't, you just watched Glenn Beck. I know about Jones' flirtation with communism when he was young so don't bother trying to conflate that one, let's hear more of Beck's theory of the communist threat posed by Anita Dunn.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#848390 Jan 27, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>In Florida Rubio was always thought of as some Jeb Bush protege which many voters don't see as a plus. He's pulled some real cut rate sht while speaker of the Florida house, using his state credit card for personal purchases for instance. And of course by now everyone knows that he lied about his family's history for years.
He's not very clever and he's a poor public speaker, not even on par with Palin. Worse, seasoned TV journalists can confuse him quickly and trap him in mistruths.
I don't see how anyone see's the guy as a serious contender for POTUS.
fits the mold for a soon to be FOX 'contributor'.

see what they did to Palin? once Obama won again it was just a matter of time.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#848391 Jan 27, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Baggers never do their own thinking.....That would be idiot math, the same kinda logic that baggers use for anything programmed into them by those who profit through their ignorance.See also "GUNS".
Ghostie, Lieberals have to impose their thinking on taxpayers, they can't do it, through the legislative process. Just Look what Barack Hussein Obama has done with recess... appointments!!
Whata guy...
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. Law abiding people will give them up, lawbreakers will not.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#848392 Jan 27, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Your last sentence defeats your own argument. Should those 30,000's votes be artificially counterbalanced with low population, low tax revenue districts? Why should someone in a rural red county who has a net negative federal tax bill have their vote artificially buoyed to equal a voter with a net positive tax bill? Get rid of the Electoral College, its an archaic system that no longer serves a valid purpose.
The Electoral College is here to stay. Smaller states will never surrender that power.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Topic Reminder Service

New Britain, CT

#848393 Jan 27, 2013
Topic Reminder Service (TRS) is a publicly-funded non-political organization founded to update Forum Users with accurate factual reminders. This particular Topic could be - indeed has been - deemed out-of-date or "dead" since November 4th, 2008. However, persuant of common OPINION, it has remained one of the more-popular Topix to this day. At this point in time, over four years after the topic's origin and considering none of the facts will change for another four years (making for an estimated eight-year lifecycle), TRS is presenting the following reminders of FACT-

Barack Hussein Obama II is the 44th and current President of the United States. He is the first African American to hold the office. Obama is a graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, where he was president of the Harvard Law Review.

Born in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on August 4, 1961, he served three terms representing the 13th District in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2004, running unsuccessfully for the United States House of Representatives in 2000.

He began his first presidential campaign in 2007, defeating Republican nominee John McCain in the general election, and was inaugurated as president on January 20, 2009. Nine months later, Obama was named the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize laureate.

Obama was re-elected president in November 2012, defeating Republican nominee Mitt Romney. He is the first two-term Democrat POTUS since Franklin D. Roosevelt to win two presidential elections with a majority of the popular vote. During his second inaugural address on January 21, 2013, Obama called for full equality for gays: "Our journey is not complete until our gay brothers and sisters are treated like anyone else under the law- for if we are truly created equal, then surely the love we commit to one another must be equal as well."

On February 17, 2009, Obama signed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, a $787,000,000,000 economic stimulus package aimed at helping the economy recover from the deepening worldwide recession, thereby continuing an economic aid policy first instituted under the preceding (Republican) President George W. Bush.

Domestic policy items include the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act AKA Obama Care, signed into law on March 23, 2010. Barack Obama appointed two women to serve on the Supreme Court in the first two years of his Presidency. Sonia Sotomayor, nominated by Obama on May 26, 2009, was confirmed on August 6, 2009, becoming the first Hispanic Supreme Court Justice. Elena Kagan, nominated by Obama on May 10, 2010, was confirmed on August 5, 2010, bringing the number of women sitting simultaneously on the Court to three, for the first time in American history.

On January 16, 2013 President Obama outlined a series of sweeping gun control proposals, urging Congress to reintroduce an expired ban on "military-style" assault weapons, impose limits on ammunition magazines to 10 rounds, introduce background checks on all gun sales, pass a ban on possession and sale of armor-piercing bullets, as well as additional measures.

Notable foreign policy items include the draw-down of troops in Afghanistan and the end of military operations in Iraq as of August 31, 2010. On March 16, 2011, he authorized the U.S. Military to engage in air strikes against Libya's governmental air defense capabilities in order to protect civilians and enforce a no-fly zone. On May 1, 2011, Obama authorized a "surgical raid" by United States Navy SEALs in Abbottabad, Pakistan, resulting in the death of international terrorist and al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden and the seizure of papers, computer drives and disks from bin Laden's compound.

Location hidden

#848394 Jan 27, 2013
leosanus wrote:
<quoted text> It is perfectly spelled out everywhere that Obammy got just over 51% of the popular vote of American voters...even less than he received in 2008, which figures, now that the American voters experienced 4 years of his incompetence and failure...except for those government leeching babymamas and corresponding ilk, such as you. LOL
I guess you're saying "not bad for a second term" since it was better than either of Bush's wins.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#848395 Jan 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
In Benghazi, the lying and the cover-up is worse than the crime.
In Newtown, the facts are obvious.
So the dead Americans never really were the concern. The only thing that ever mattered was how their deaths were explained to the public. You're the first to admit this.
Also, interesting is your casual dismissal of the murdered children. Saying, "the facts are obvious" is a pathetic dodge.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#848397 Jan 27, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Your last sentence defeats your own argument. Should those 30,000's votes be artificially counterbalanced with low population, low tax revenue districts? Why should someone in a rural red county who has a net negative federal tax bill have their vote artificially buoyed to equal a voter with a net positive tax bill? Get rid of the Electoral College, its an archaic system that no longer serves a valid purpose.
The comment about 30,000 taxpayers furnishing a very large share of California's tax revenue was related to the vulnerability of the state to relocation, not to voting. Pretty easier for many of these taxpayers to relocate to Nevada or Arizona.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#848398 Jan 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but legalizing drugs is not likely to have much impact on urban street crime.
So gun regulation is the only answer???

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#848399 Jan 27, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
By getting wounded three times you cretin.
Self-inflicted scratches.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#848400 Jan 27, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The comment about 30,000 taxpayers furnishing a very large share of California's tax revenue was related to the vulnerability of the state to relocation, not to voting. Pretty easier for many of these taxpayers to relocate to Nevada or Arizona.
Huh???

Too bad you were late joining this morning 'cause now I gots to go do stuff.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

#848401 Jan 27, 2013
I "feel" her comments were totally inappropriate, insensitive and ignorant.

There are some issues that are not "fodder" for comedic analogy/comparison or entertainment factor/amusement.

I don't "think" any parent, Conservative or Liberal, who lost their child in that tragic school shooting would find anything "funny" about what this self-proclaimed foolish comedian floated as political activism.

And neither do I.

Yes, she crossed a "sacred" line. And fits Bobby Jindal's description of what (**some in ) the Conservative Party has become, stupid.

**Note: I stated "some". Especially with regards to the abortion issue.
WAKE UP DEMOCRATICS wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you feel about Victoria Jackson's comments?

She's a self-proclaimed conservative activist.

Did she cross the line calling those who abort their babies killers like the man who mass murdered 26 innocent people inside a school?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
leosanus

Pompano Beach, FL

#848402 Jan 27, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you're saying "not bad for a second term" since it was better than either of Bush's wins.
No, actually I'm saying that the illegitimate babymama lied about Obammy's popular vote amount and that Obammy received less of the popular vote in 2012 than he did four years prior, which means that fewer people desired he remain for an additional term of incompetence and failure. LOL

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
NotSurprizednucu lurOption

Pompano Beach, FL

#848403 Jan 27, 2013
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's your avatar TURDS?
Can you spell ridiculous for us once more??
Subversive Barry wrote:
<quoted text>
What a rediculous thing to say. You obviously are deficient in this area.
nostrilis waxman wrote:
another rediculous assert by a clueless moron.
Sunday's twenty-TURD piece of crap ... ROTFLMAO!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#848404 Jan 27, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Ghostie, Lieberals have to impose their thinking on taxpayers, they can't do it, through the legislative process. Just Look what Barack Hussein Obama has done with recess... appointments!!
Whata guy...
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. Law abiding people will give them up, lawbreakers will not.
Ignoramus by Choice, can you figure out the difference here? " Mr. Obama has made about 32 such appointments, including that of Richard Cordray, as director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. President Bill Clinton made 139, while Mr. Bush made 171, including those of John R. Bolton as ambassador to the United Nations and two appeals court judges, William H. Pryor Jr. and Charles W. Pickering Sr.

Nearly all of those appointments would be unconstitutional under the rationale of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit."

You've got three political hack appeal judges and some hackneyed quotes from the fifties...all a tea bagger needs to make a fool of himself in public...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#848405 Jan 27, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, we do have extensive laws dictating the occupancy of nightclubs along with the number & accessibility of exits, etc.
And those laws are just as effective as Connecticut's assault weapon ban.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#848407 Jan 27, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
It obviously pains you that you are well aware that what I say is what I am, huh, you un-American lowlife stack of elephant crap. I have busted a few of you pretenders on here. You obviously have no life along with friends or relatives that will accept your crazed azz. Your sad miserable existance is more than obvious along with your fanaticism. I love and enjoy your pain. The only thing that would make mme happier is to smack you up side of your empty head just to watch you cry like the baby you prove to be daily.
Ghost is just another crybaby draft dodger stealing the valor of fallen heroes.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#848408 Jan 27, 2013
leosanus wrote:
<quoted text> No, actually I'm saying that the illegitimate babymama lied about Obammy's popular vote amount and that Obammy received less of the popular vote in 2012 than he did four years prior, which means that fewer people desired he remain for an additional term of incompetence and failure. LOL
Stupid ol' faux engine say what? Let me help you with your reading disability. I quoted: 1. Barack Obama has won an overwhelming majority in the Electoral College, a daunting majority of the popular vote and a majority of the nation’s states—including most of the country’s largest states and states in every major region of the republic: New England, the mid-Atlantic, the Great Lakes, the South, the Southwest, the Mountain West and the West.
2. Barack Obama has won more popular votes than ANY DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT IN HISTORY EXCEPT- BARACK OBAMA IN 2008.
3. Barack Obama is the first Democratic president to win more than 50 percent of the popular vote in a re-election run since Franklin Delano Roosevelt in 1944.
4. Barack Obama is the only Democratic candidate for president since FDR to twice win more than 50 percent of the national vote.
5. Barack Obama has, in both of his presidential runs, won a higher percentage of the national vote than any Democratic nominee since Lyndon Johnson in his 1964 landslide victory.
Add it all up and Obama has a mandate from this year’s presidential election that is significantly greater than those afforded John Kennedy in 1960, Richard Nixon in 1968, Jimmy Carter in 1976 or George W. Bush in 2000 or 2004."

(How much do you draw in disability?)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#848410 Jan 27, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
So the dead Americans never really were the concern. The only thing that ever mattered was how their deaths were explained to the public. You're the first to admit this.
Also, interesting is your casual dismissal of the murdered children. Saying, "the facts are obvious" is a pathetic dodge.
It is impossible to defend any embassy in a foreign country from a coordinated military attack carried out with the consent (or at least lack f opposition) of the foreign government.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#848411 Jan 27, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
So gun regulation is the only answer???
The long-term solution to urban street crime is improving economic opportunity.

The short-term solution is strict law enforcement.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 33 min Dale 182,097
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 34 min OzRitz 49,326
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,911
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr L Morales 71,257
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr KiMare 51,291
Jackie Robinson Little League 2 hr very disappointed 1
amy 12-26 4 hr RACE 3
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]