Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
781,761 - 781,780 of 1,085,027 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidently, you didn't see him at the Olympics in China. Couldn't even sit up straight.
Gee Dumb Dave. I must say, no, I wasn't there to see him. Were you? Did you smell his breath, lying moron?

By the way, your twin, Nutcracker spoke about you less than two hours ago. If you want to see what he wrote, here is the post:

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TI79GCO8VK...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

The great-grandson of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard says that the Church of Scientology is one of the most “devious, systematic brainwashing systems that’s ever been invented.”

Jamie DeWolf appeared on CurrentTV's "The Young Turks" on Thursday night and spoke with host Cenk Uygur about how Scientology is able to convince people -- including big-name celebrities like Tom Cruise, John Travolta, Kirstie Alley and Juliette Lewis -- to believe its message.

"I think it is one of the most brilliant and devious, systematic brainwashing systems that's ever been invented," DeWolf told CurrentTV. "It works through electrified hypnosis. It works through past life regression therapy. It works through a lot of hodgepodge of ideas that you sort of throw together with this extremely brutal sort of security sense and this kind of like CIA-like structure that becomes really intoxicating to people."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/25/jami...

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You said that gun seller had the right to set up at any show anywhere, anytime.
But hey, run away from your comments yet again.
Read the booth contract at that hunting show. When you sign up, you agree to those terms. So again you are WRONG.
I never said owning an assault like rifle was illegal in PA. I said it was illegal to HUNT with one. Again you are a liar.
And you said something about the "only gun I owned". Or are you denying that?
4 statements. all wrong.
How did you get this f*cking stupid?
"real dumb"
Yanking your chain is fun.
- You kn ow what the terms were? You have read the contract?
- I simply asked a question. Is it illegal to own an assault weapon in PA? I never denied that you said it was illegal to hunt with them in PA.
- Read again, I never said a word about how many guns you own.
Keep dancing and dodging, you an "nutsucker" are the champeen dancers and dodgers, and liars.
Peace
KMA
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
They will be charged with a felony for obtaining an abortion. This is criminalizing the victim and forcing her to carry the rapists baby to term. These people are sick in the head beyond words.
The Republican lawmaker has come to her senses and amended that bill claiming that it was simply a language oversight.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You said that gun seller had the right to set up at any show anywhere, anytime.
But hey, run away from your comments yet again.
Read the booth contract at that hunting show. When you sign up, you agree to those terms. So again you are WRONG.
I never said owning an assault like rifle was illegal in PA. I said it was illegal to HUNT with one. Again you are a liar.
And you said something about the "only gun I owned". Or are you denying that?
4 statements. all wrong.
How did you get this f*cking stupid?
You own a gun Dave?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The Republican lawmaker has come to her senses and amended that bill claiming that it was simply a language oversight.
I heard; but it's hard to believe that this was her bill and she now says she made a mistake. Not buying it. If they need evidence of paternity to convict a rapist, they can take it from fetal tissue after the abortion. There is no need for a woman to be forced to bear a child to convict someone of rape or incest.
What Would Jesus Pack

Greenville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Thousands March for Gun Control

Carrying signs reading “Gun Control Now,”“We Are Sandy Hook,” and “What Would Jesus Pack?,” thousands of people marched from the Capitol to the Washington Monument in Washington, D.C., Saturday to rally for gun control. Organized by members of the local Arena Stage and co-sponsored by the group One Million Mons for Gun Control, the Washington National Cathedral, and several other churches, the march was orchestrated as a reaction to the Sandy Hook shootings. Speakers included Education Secretary Arne Duncan and D.C. Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton, while Washington Mayor Vincent Gray and about 100 residents from Newtown, Conn., participated in the rally.
What will Jesus Pack?The Coming Wrath

God's wrath will fall when Jesus returns (Jude 14-15). The passage in Revelation which pictures the return of Jesus says that He will return in righteousness to "judge and wage war" (Revelation 19:11).

The first time Jesus came, He came in loving compassion with eyes filled with tears. But when He returns, He will come in vengeance (Revelation 6:12-17), with eyes like a flame of fire (Revelation 19:12). He will come to destroy the enemies of God (Revelation 19: 11).

The presidents and kings and prime ministers of the world will get on their knees and cry out for the rocks and mountains to fall upon them, so great will be the terror of the Lord (Revelation 6:15-17). The unrighteous will stumble about like blind men, and their blood will be poured out like dust (Zephaniah 1:17).

THESE EVIL PEOPLE WANT GUN CONTROL, THEN GO AFTER THE OUTLAWS NOT LAW ABIDING GOOD PEOPLE!!!!!LAW ABIDING PEOPLE DO NOT NEED GUN CONTROL!!!Laws that forbid the carrying of arms, disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes, such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

-- Thomas Jefferson
Congress shall never disarm any citizen unless such as are or have been in actual rebellion.

-- James Madison
That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms...

-- Samuel Adams
GOOD PEOPLE DO NOT NEED GUN CONTROL!

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee Dumb Dave. I must say, no, I wasn't there to see him. Were you? Did you smell his breath, lying moron?
By the way, your twin, Nutcracker spoke about you less than two hours ago. If you want to see what he wrote, here is the post:
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TI79GCO8VK...
http://gawker.com/5035885/bush-looking-drunk-...

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
You own a gun Dave?
yes

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
- I simply asked a question. Is it illegal to own an assault weapon in PA? I never denied that you said it was illegal to hunt with them in PA.
Keep dancing and dodging, you an "nutsucker" are the champeen dancers and dodgers, and liars.
Peace
KMA
The contract was online. If you weren't such an idiot, you could find it & read it & actually become informed for a change.

BTW, when caught telling lies & showing us just how uninformed you are, playing his yanking chain thing only works in your mind. We all know the truth/.
What Would Jesus Pack

Greenville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Quotes on the Right to Bear Arms

Don't think of it as `gun control', think of it as `victim disarmament'. If we make enough laws, we can all be criminals.

The possession of arms by the people is the ultimate warrant that government governs only with the consent of the governed.

-- Jeff Snyder

As the Founding Fathers knew well, a government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, taxpaying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust. Laws disarming honest citizens proclaim that the government is the master, not the servant, of the people.

-- Jeff Snyder

Probably fewer than 2% of handguns and well under 1% of all guns will ever be involved in a violent crime. Thus, the problem of criminal gun violence is concentrated within a very small subset of gun owners, indicating that gun control aimed at the general population faces a serious needle-in-the-haystack problem.

-- Gary Kleck, "Point Blank: Handgun Violence In America"

When only cops have guns, it's called a "police state".

-- Claire Wolfe, "101 Things To Do Until The Revolution"

Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.

-- James Madison, The Federalist Papers

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."

-- Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-188

"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

-- Mohandas Gandhi, An Autobiography, pg 446

The people of the various provinces are strictly forbidden to have in their possession any swords, short swords, bows, spears, firearms, or other types of arms. The possession of unnecessary implements makes difficult the collection of taxes and dues and tends to foment uprisings.

-- Toyotomi Hideyoshi, dictator of Japan, August 1588

"One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms."

-- Constitutional scholar and Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

"The bearing of arms is the essential medium through which the individual asserts both his social power and his participation in politics as a responsible moral being..."

-- J.G.A. Pocock, describing the beliefs of the founders of the U.S.

Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest.

-- From the Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775.

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee! Thanks for the news flash Dumb Dave.
Ever notice none of you libtards or your talking heads ever say globull warming anymore? I know, it's over your head. Never mind. You wouldn't get it anyways.
Haha! Next time you try and call someone else besides yourself stupid, maybe you should try and say it correctly.
----> "You really are as f*cking stupid as every says." <----
as every says ??
Baaawwaaahhhh!!!!
Dumbfk
If the intelligent people call it Global Warming, you dumbass people think it means it can never be cold on any given day.

I order to help you dumbasses understand, they call it climate change.
What Would Jesus Pack

Greenville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives [only] moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion to your walks."
-- Thomas Jefferson, writing to his teenaged nephew.
"Taking my gun away because I might shoot someone is like cutting my tongue out because I might yell `Fire!' in a crowded theater."
-- Peter Venetoklis
...Virtually never are murderers the ordinary, law-abiding people against whom gun bans are aimed. Almost without exception, murderers are extreme aberrants with lifelong histories of crime, substance abuse, psychopathology, mental retardation and/or irrational violence against those around them, as well as other hazardous behavior, e.g., automobile and gun accidents."
-- Don B. Kates, writing on statistical patterns in gun crime
The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered as the palladium of the liberties of a republic; since it offers a strong moral check against usurpation and arbitrary power of rulers; and will generally, even if these are successful in the first instance, enable the people to resist and triumph over them."
-- Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story of the John Marshall Court
Militias, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves and include all men capable of bearing arms.[...] To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.
-- Senator Richard Henry Lee, 1788, on "militia" in the 2nd Amendment
"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." [...a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand.]
--(Lucius Annaeus) Seneca "the Younger" (ca. 4 BC-65 AD),
False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
-- Cesare Beccaria, as quoted by Thomas Jefferson's Commonplace book
No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave.
-- "Political Disquisitions", a British republican tract of 1774-1775
Are we at last brought to such a humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our own defence? Where is the difference between having our arms in our own possession and under our own direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defence be the *real* object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?
-- Patrick Henry, speech of June 9 1788
"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
-- George Mason, speech of June 14, 1788
"The great object is, that every man be armed.[...] Every one who is able may have a gun."
-- Patrick Henry, speech of June 14 1788
Such are a well regulated militia, composed of the freeholders, citizen and husbandman, who take up arms to preserve their property, as individuals, and their rights as freemen.
-- "M.T. Cicero", in a newspaper letter of 1788 touching the "militia" referred to in the Second Amendment to the Constitution.
That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms...
What Would Jesus Pack

Greenville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

President Clinton] boasts about 186,000 people denied firearms under the Brady Law rules. The Brady Law has been in force for three years. In that time, they have prosecuted seven people and put three of them in prison. You know, the President has entertained more felons than that at fundraising coffees in the White House, for Pete's sake."

-- Charlton Heston, FOX News Sunday, 18 May 1997
What Would Jesus Pack

Greenville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

he biggest hypocrites on gun control are those who live in upscale developments with armed security guards -- and who want to keep other people from having guns to defend themselves. But what about lower-income people living in high-crime, inner city neighborhoods? Should such people be kept unarmed and helpless, so that limousine liberals can 'make a statement' by adding to the thousands of gun laws already on the books?"

--Thomas Sowell

"Boys who own legal firearms have much lower rates of delinquency and drug use and are even slightly less delinquent than nonowners of guns."

-- U.S. Department of Justice, National Institute of Justice, Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, NCJ-143454, "Urban Delinquency and Substance Abuse," August 1995.

Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

-- L. Neil Smith

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
Peace
KMA
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
""real dumb"
We all understand, you with your superior intellect, do not understand that when one goes hunting they use a firearm or maybe a bow. The only gun you posses is one between your legs and all it shoots is blanks and you hope and pray that one day maybe it will go off."

You said that was the only gun I had.

Want to deny it again?????
What Would Jesus Pack

Greenville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right."

-- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, in re U.S. vs Emerson (1999).
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The contract was online. If you weren't such an idiot, you could find it & read it & actually become informed for a change.
BTW, when caught telling lies & showing us just how uninformed you are, playing his yanking chain thing only works in your mind. We all know the truth/.
Every day that fool sleezy Eed gets caught up in his own lying stupid idiotic posts. He has the mind of a child a short bus child, but then he loves little boys and always talking about big boys penises. He is one mental case, kinda scary that a fool like that can even have a weapon.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

What Would Jesus Pack wrote:
Thousands March for Gun Control
Carrying signs reading “Gun Control Now,”“We Are Sandy Hook,” and “What Would Jesus Pack?,” thousands of people marched from the Capitol to the Washington Monument in Washington, D.C., Saturday to rally for gun control. Organized by members of the local Arena Stage and co-sponsored by the group One Million Mons for Gun Control, the Washington National Cathedral, and several other churches, the march was orchestrated as a reaction to the Sandy Hook shootings. Speakers included Education Secretary Arne Duncan and D.C. Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton, while Washington Mayor Vincent Gray and about 100 residents from Newtown, Conn., participated in the rally.
What will Jesus Pack?The Coming Wrath
God's wrath will fall when Jesus returns (Jude 14-15). The passage in Revelation which pictures the return of Jesus says that He will return in righteousness to "judge and wage war" (Revelation 19:11).
The first time Jesus came, He came in loving compassion with eyes filled with tears. But when He returns, He will come in vengeance (Revelation 6:12-17), with eyes like a flame of fire (Revelation 19:12). He will come to destroy the enemies of God (Revelation 19: 11).
The presidents and kings and prime ministers of the world will get on their knees and cry out for the rocks and mountains to fall upon them, so great will be the terror of the Lord (Revelation 6:15-17). The unrighteous will stumble about like blind men, and their blood will be poured out like dust (Zephaniah 1:17).
THESE EVIL PEOPLE WANT GUN CONTROL, THEN GO AFTER THE OUTLAWS NOT LAW ABIDING GOOD PEOPLE!!!!!LAW ABIDING PEOPLE DO NOT NEED GUN CONTROL!!!Laws that forbid the carrying of arms, disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes, such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Congress shall never disarm any citizen unless such as are or have been in actual rebellion.
-- James Madison
-- Samuel Adams
GOOD PEOPLE DO NOT NEED GUN CONTROL!
Oh screw you and your alleged gun rights idiot hillbilly..
What Would Jesus Pack

Greenville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

When the people fear their government there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.– Thomas Jefferson

Gun control defined: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, torture, kidnapping, theft, and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning a firearm.– Unknown

“I do believe that, where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence. Thus when my eldest son asked me what he should have done, had he been present when I was almost fatally assaulted in 1908, whether he should have run away and seen me killed or whether he should have used his physical force which he could and wanted to use, and defended me, I told him that it was his duty to defend me even by using violence.”– Mahatma Ghandi

“Gun control has not worked in D.C. The only people who have guns are criminals. We have the strictest gun laws in the nation and one of the highest murder rates. It’s quicker to pull your Smith and Wesson than to dial 911 if you’re being robbed.”– Lieutenant Lowell Duckett, President of the Black Police Caucus, Special Assistant to the Washington, D.C. Police Chief

He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.– Luke 22:36

We should not blame a gun itself for any crime or any acts of violence, any more than we can blame a pen for misspelling a word.– Senator Bennett (UT)

It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government.– Thomas Paine.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have.– Barry Goldwater

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples’ liberty’s teeth.”– George Washington

“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”– Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001)

“Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest.”– Mahatma Mohandas K. Gandhi

“Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.”– George Orwell

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves”– Edward R. Murrow

“Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.”– Lucius Annaeus
“A sword never kills anybody; it’s a tool in the killer’s hand.”

“The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism, but under the name of liberalism they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program until one day America will be a socialist nation without ever knowing how it happened.”– Norman Thomas, American socialist

“The tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”– Thomas Jefferson

“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition”– Rudyard Kipling

“That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer’s cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”– George Orwell

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 23 min Rogue Scholar 05 175,270
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr obama 49,033
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr _Zoey_ 7,705
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 1 hr obama 6,593
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr andet1987 4,579
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr andet1987 488
Music Artists A to Z 3 hr _Zoey_ 265
Ask Amy 8-1-14 6 hr Shari23 19
•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs