Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
781,581 - 781,600 of 1,095,052 Comments Last updated 14 min ago
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain how a single payer system would reduce per capita medical spending.
Administrative Savings

Harvard researchers estimate that administrative costs consume 31 cents of every health care dollar in the U.S. Slashing that to Canadian levels would save $400 billion annually, enough to cover all the uninsured and to improve coverage for everyone else. A study by the General Accounting Office estimated that single payer would save 10 percent on total health care costs by slashing administrative waste, enough to cover all the uninsured

Cost Containment

Single payer is the only plan which features effective cost control measures like global budgeting, negotiated fees, bulk purchasing, and capital investment planning. As a result single payer can reduce the growth of health spending. Whereas health spending is projected to increase to 20 percent of GDP by 2020, if single payer were adopted in 2012 it could contain costs to 17 percent of GDP (Friedman, Dollars and Sense, 4/2012). A study by the Congressional Budget Office also projected that single payer could reduce health inflation.

The need for private insurance would be eliminated. One single payer bill currently in the House (H.R. 1200) would provide one percent of funding for retraining displaced insurance workers during its first few years of implementation.

Business

In general, businesses would see single payer limit their health costs and remove the burden of administering health insurance for their employees.

http://www.pnhp.org/facts/what-is-single-paye...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

discordia wrote:
<quoted text>
If I fill up my gas tank, buy groceries,etc. with a debit card, the risk is essentially zero. Over the internet you may have a point. However, do as you wish, I shall do as I wish. Carrying a lot of cash isn't wise or practical, IMO, and in my business I spend a lot of money. I can go thru $500 in a couple of days sometimes.
If someone gets hold of your debit card, they can drain your bank account and you have no recourse.

With a credit card, the merchant is on the hook for fraudulent use.
Nuculur obamabortion

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Dial 1-800-whogivesafuck
You and Nuculur option have the same phone number? LOL
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
soon to be The Crime State.
Yup, Flack will be thrilled. Do these rightwingers ever, ever, contemplate the repercussions of their actions?

Just like that proposed bill in NM; criminalizing women who have an abortion as a result of rape. Who does this protect? The rapist.
Rape is effectively legal in 26 states, wherein the rapist can sue for custody and visitation rights.

Women will stop reporting rapes; already the crime that is the least prosecuted.
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

America’s credit rating downgraded, Illinois credit rating downgraded what’s the common thread here….Obama!! What does California and Illinois have in common both Control by Liberals/Democrats!!
jiminy cricket

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The very same scientists that you worship thought that we were entering a "New Ice Age" as recently as 1980.
This almost looks like another ice age.

http://northseattle.komonews.com/content/froz...

Firemen's hoses in putting out fires froze midstream too.

Obama should wait until at least July to talk about global warming.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Right on this thread, nitwits attacked Obama for helping depose Gaddafi. The Congress cut funding for security at our embassies, refused to considerletting our forces secure Gaddafi's heavy weapons.

Then they turn and attack Obama for not providing security that they never authorized the funding for.

Remember, all spending originates in the House.

And it was the House that left our embassies under protected.

So, to cover their incompetence, they try to blame the lack of security on Obama.

After they cut $1 BILLION from embassy security.

Do you see why Americans hate the House more than any other branch of Gov't.

The Republiclown House, that is.
Nuculur obamabortion

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, Flack will be thrilled. Do these rightwingers ever, ever, contemplate the repercussions of their actions?
Just like that proposed bill in NM; criminalizing women who have an abortion as a result of rape. Who does this protect? The rapist.
Rape is effectively legal in 26 states, wherein the rapist can sue for custody and visitation rights.
Women will stop reporting rapes; already the crime that is the least prosecuted.
lily loves the rape card
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

TSM wrote:
America’s credit rating downgraded, Illinois credit rating downgraded what’s the common thread here….Obama!! What does California and Illinois have in common both Control by Liberals/Democrats!!
Republican House of Representative approval rating at 9%.
President Obama approval rating 53%
jiminy cricket

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Hope everyone has a nice day. It's a beautiful 71 degrees here in Central Florida. Sorry...for those up north.
discordia

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I spend my mornings over coffee surfing between Fox, MSNBC, CNBC, and a local station. Now I never hear anybody claim that MSNBC is anything BUT a liberal outlet, they even say it themselves. Its Fox viewers who are deluded into thinking what they're getting is "Fair and Balanced" instead of the "conservative" counterpoint to MSNBC. Its laughable that because they say it so much y'all believe it MUST be true.
I think I read somewhere coffee is bad for you, gives you cancer or crabs or something.
GhostofRaygun

Russellville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Medicare will become even more "efficient" as doctors refuse to accept Medicare patients.
The only Doctors that refuse Medicare patients are the ones that are self employed. Those are few and will continue to be fewer as time goes on. Most Doctors are now employees of a group practice or hospital. That is the future. Depends on the state of where a Doctor has a practice and the reason for the visit but the average Medicare reimbursement is $50.00. A Doctor seeing 6 per hour would make $300.00/hr or $2400.00 /per day. I really don't know what the problem is. Most people would be fine making $300.00/hr.
discordia

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

But, I think I'll have a cup right now. I'll take the risk.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

discordia wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who has any praise for any communist system or country belongs in the clearly clueless clown clique(CCCC).
The Republican Party under Lincoln praised & supported the ideals of Communism especially how everyone is treated as equal & classless.

An Unfinished Revolution: Karl Marx and Abraham Lincoln

The impact of the American Civil War on Karl Marx, and Karl Marx on America.

Karl Marx and Abraham Lincoln exchanged letters at the end of the Civil War. Although they were divided by far more than the Atlantic Ocean, they agreed on the cause of “free labor” and the urgent need to end slavery. In his introduction, Robin Blackburn argues that Lincoln’s response signaled the importance of the German American community and the role of the international communists in opposing European recognition of the Confederacy.

The ideals of communism, voiced through the International Working Men’s Association, attracted many thousands of supporters throughout the US, and helped spread the demand for an eight-hour day. Blackburn shows how the IWA in America—born out of the Civil War—sought to radicalize Lincoln’s unfinished revolution and to advance the rights of labor, uniting black and white, men and women, native and foreign-born. The International contributed to a profound critique of the capitalist robber barons who enriched themselves during and after the war, and it inspired an extraordinary series of strikes and class struggles in the postwar decades.

In addition to a range of key texts and letters by both Lincoln and Marx, this book includes articles from the radical New York-based journal Woodhull and Claflin’s Weekly, an extract from Thomas Fortune’s classic work on racism Black and White, Frederick Engels on the progress of US labor in the 1880s, and Lucy Parson’s speech at the founding of the Industrial Workers of the World.

http://www.versobooks.com/books/954-an-unfini...
discordia

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Starting about three hours ago and scrolling through the mornings posts I noticed the judge-it total climbing. As soon as it hit double digits I knew it wouldn't be long before the forum nitwit shows up, then BAM, here you are. What a predictable, pathetic piece of shit.
Ten brilliants for this dumbass post?????
You got your usual negatives, I told you to nicer.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Republican House of Representative approval rating at 9%.
President Obama approval rating 53%
All three vacancies on the labor board had been open for months before Obama acted to fill them.

Sen. Tom Harkin, D-Iowa called the ruling "a radical departure from precedent" and argued that Obama had no choice but to act.

"Throughout his presidency, Republicans have employed unprecedented partisan delay tactics and filibusters to prevent confirmation of nominees to lead the NLRB, thus crippling the board's legal authority to act," Harkin said.

If Obama's recess appointment of Cordray to the newly created consumer board is eventually ruled invalid, it could nullify all the regulations the consumer board has issued, many of which affect the mortgage business.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/25/obam...

(This is a direct result of lobbying by banks)
Waxman

Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Starting about three hours ago and scrolling through the mornings posts I noticed the judge-it total climbing. As soon as it hit double digits I knew it wouldn't be long before the forum nitwit shows up, then BAM, here you are. What a predictable, pathetic piece of shit.
Ten brilliants for this dumbass post?????
Wow! You are a real detective Inspector Clouseau!

If you had a clue what you were talking about I might allow you to converse with me, but unfortunately for you, I don't talk to liars, hypocrites and weasels.

Go whine to one of your fellow peons.
discordia

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>The Republican Party under Lincoln praised & supported the ideals of Communism especially how everyone is treated as equal & classless.
An Unfinished Revolution: Karl Marx and Abraham Lincoln
The impact of the American Civil War on Karl Marx, and Karl Marx on America.
Karl Marx and Abraham Lincoln exchanged letters at the end of the Civil War. Although they were divided by far more than the Atlantic Ocean, they agreed on the cause of “free labor” and the urgent need to end slavery. In his introduction, Robin Blackburn argues that Lincoln’s response signaled the importance of the German American community and the role of the international communists in opposing European recognition of the Confederacy.
The ideals of communism, voiced through the International Working Men’s Association, attracted many thousands of supporters throughout the US, and helped spread the demand for an eight-hour day. Blackburn shows how the IWA in America—born out of the Civil War—sought to radicalize Lincoln’s unfinished revolution and to advance the rights of labor, uniting black and white, men and women, native and foreign-born. The International contributed to a profound critique of the capitalist robber barons who enriched themselves during and after the war, and it inspired an extraordinary series of strikes and class struggles in the postwar decades.
In addition to a range of key texts and letters by both Lincoln and Marx, this book includes articles from the radical New York-based journal Woodhull and Claflin’s Weekly, an extract from Thomas Fortune’s classic work on racism Black and White, Frederick Engels on the progress of US labor in the 1880s, and Lucy Parson’s speech at the founding of the Industrial Workers of the World.
http://www.versobooks.com/books/954-an-unfini...
So, in addition to prosecuting an illegal war with the confederacy, he was woefully ignorant of the inherent failures of any communist society? No wonder Booth shot him.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Either show us the 'tens of thousands of new rules and regulations' or admit you're a liar, which most of us already know.
discordia wrote:
<quoted text>
Reminder of our present financial situation and the dems responsible for it:
The Government-Created Subprime Mortgage Meltdown
by Thomas J. DiLorenzo
The thousands of mortgage defaults and foreclosures in the "subprime" housing market (i.e., mortgage holders with poor credit ratings) is the direct result of thirty years of government policy that has forced banks to make bad loans to un-creditworthy borrowers. The policy in question is the 1977 Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), which compels banks to make loans to low-income borrowers and in what the supporters of the Act call "communities of color" that they might not otherwise make based on purely economic criteria.
The original lobbyists for the CRA were the hardcore leftists who supported the Carter administration and were often rewarded for their support with government grants and programs like the CRA that they benefited from. These included various "neighborhood organizations," as they like to call themselves, such as "ACORN" (Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now). These organizations claim that over $1 trillion in CRA loans have been made, although no one seems to know the magnitude with much certainty. A U.S. Senate Banking Committee staffer told me about ten years ago that at least $100 billion in such loans had been made in the first twenty years of the Act.
more..........
Been 4 years, I think it's time to hold Obama the free market destroyer accountable. He get's credit for 200,000 new federal jobs and the failed "green" energy disasters that cost us app.$90 billion, but no credit for a single private sector job, quite the contrary.
Piling on tens of thousands of new rules and regulations is not how you unloose the free market, only in the delusions of misguided communists would that scheme work..
Jobs??? We don't need no steenking jobs!!! Barak Obama
discordia

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

jiminy cricket wrote:
Hope everyone has a nice day. It's a beautiful 71 degrees here in Central Florida. Sorry...for those up north.
58 here in beautiful, colorful Colorado. And no hurricanes predicted for the next 100,000 years. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

32 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 10 min Yahoo 49,229
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 32 min Insect Trust 68,820
Ferguson police shoot another black unarmed man! 36 min Hayden 22
29 Shot in Spate ofWeekend Chicago Violence 51 min Anonymous 4
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Mister Tonka 97,727
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 3 hr andet1987 550
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr andet1987 4,625
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr LRS 176,650
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••