Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
781,561 - 781,580 of 1,099,857 Comments Last updated 17 min ago
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#847910 Jan 26, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
More insanity in VA:
The bill, authored by arch-conservative Delegate Bob Marshall (R-VA), aims to:
Prevent any agency, political subdivision, or employee of Virginia from assisting the Federal government of the United States in any investigation, prosecution, detention, arrest, search, or seizure, under the authority of any federal statute enacted, or Executive Order or regulation issued, after December 31, 2012, infringing the individual Right to Keep and Bear Arms by imposing new restrictions on private ownership or private transfer of firearms, firearm magazines, ammunition, or components thereof.
http://thinkprogress.org/
soon to be The Crime State.
Nuculur obamabortion

Pompano Beach, FL

#847911 Jan 26, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
This is exactly why we know you're a Waxturd Puppet.
The syntax is uniformly vulgar and childish.
Typical of a man with make believe children that he brags about!!
strap-onlowlifebottomfeedingob amaworshippingwelfareleechfckf aceforsure say what? LOL
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#847912 Jan 26, 2013
Republicans Won’t Compete in Cities

....the social conservatism that defines the Republican Party is anathema to urban voters. A party that is loudly opposed to gay marriage and abortion will never be competitive in America’s cities. Glaeser dreams of a fiscally conservative, socially moderate Republicanism that might win in New York and its inner suburbs. But there aren’t enough votes to make this an appealing strategy on the national level: any gains in metropolitan areas would be wiped out by losses in the so-called base.

The problem for Republicans, then, isn’t that they’re ignoring chances to expand their coalition. It’s that they’re trapped by a dynamic in which serious outreach to new groups alienates existing supporters. As Daniel Larison has argued, it’s likely to get worse before it gets better. Don’t expect Republicans to take Manhattan any time soon.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/republ...
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#847913 Jan 26, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
We've waited four years for you to fill in the blanks.
Yet all you do is repeat the same mantra;
"There are much better solutions to people receiving affordable health care than bankrupting the entire nation."
The entire nation awaits Lorac's explanation of what would be the best way to provide healthcare for all Americans.
Why do you leave us in suspense??
Oh, I forgot. There is no answer. You are only repeating th emantra your FAUX mentors have provided you.
They never tell you how it can be done, they just assure you there is a better way.
Yet all your side has done is fight Obamacare, never offering any sort of alternative.
The House voted 33 times to overturn Obamacare.
If they spent a fraction of that energy in coming up with ways to improve it, they might be taken seriously.
But your side doesn't wnat all AMericans to have basic healthcare.
Your side hates 47% of your fellow citizens, by their own words, often repeated here.
And you wonder why Obama is taking your Party apart??
The blanks (except for the in inbetween your ears) were filled in.

It's called fixing the problem instead of throwing the baby out with the bath water, libtard.

For example:

- add/fix coverage for the (debatable number) 30M uninsured/un derinsured

- encourage insurance companies to allow policies across state lines and simplify laws Democrats created

- malpractice reform (democrats hate this as it impacts their lawyer special interest capatilist cronies)

Instead what we got was a bill Pewlosi said we would have to read after it was passed. The Democrats did the nuclear option and changed the rules and did this all behind closed doors

jerk

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#847914 Jan 26, 2013
discordia wrote:
<quoted text>
Your pathetic attempt at ridicule negates nothing Coulter[or me] says. Bizarre how the leftists ignore Clinton's reputation as a serial sexual abuser and accused rapist. His affair with Lewinsky in the WH was sordid and tawdry.
Look at the puppet get all defensive over ridicule for Coulter, while he just called Obama a bi-sexual.

Clinton's affair with Lewinsky was a consenting agreement among two adults. You're just whining again.

You really are just as stupid as Waxturd. Why not, he created you.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#847915 Jan 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain how a single payer system would reduce per capita medical spending.
Administrative Savings

Harvard researchers estimate that administrative costs consume 31 cents of every health care dollar in the U.S. Slashing that to Canadian levels would save $400 billion annually, enough to cover all the uninsured and to improve coverage for everyone else. A study by the General Accounting Office estimated that single payer would save 10 percent on total health care costs by slashing administrative waste, enough to cover all the uninsured

Cost Containment

Single payer is the only plan which features effective cost control measures like global budgeting, negotiated fees, bulk purchasing, and capital investment planning. As a result single payer can reduce the growth of health spending. Whereas health spending is projected to increase to 20 percent of GDP by 2020, if single payer were adopted in 2012 it could contain costs to 17 percent of GDP (Friedman, Dollars and Sense, 4/2012). A study by the Congressional Budget Office also projected that single payer could reduce health inflation.

The need for private insurance would be eliminated. One single payer bill currently in the House (H.R. 1200) would provide one percent of funding for retraining displaced insurance workers during its first few years of implementation.

Business

In general, businesses would see single payer limit their health costs and remove the burden of administering health insurance for their employees.

http://www.pnhp.org/facts/what-is-single-paye...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#847916 Jan 26, 2013
discordia wrote:
<quoted text>
If I fill up my gas tank, buy groceries,etc. with a debit card, the risk is essentially zero. Over the internet you may have a point. However, do as you wish, I shall do as I wish. Carrying a lot of cash isn't wise or practical, IMO, and in my business I spend a lot of money. I can go thru $500 in a couple of days sometimes.
If someone gets hold of your debit card, they can drain your bank account and you have no recourse.

With a credit card, the merchant is on the hook for fraudulent use.
Nuculur obamabortion

Pompano Beach, FL

#847917 Jan 26, 2013
<quoted text>
Dial 1-800-whogivesafuck
You and Nuculur option have the same phone number? LOL
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#847918 Jan 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
soon to be The Crime State.
Yup, Flack will be thrilled. Do these rightwingers ever, ever, contemplate the repercussions of their actions?

Just like that proposed bill in NM; criminalizing women who have an abortion as a result of rape. Who does this protect? The rapist.
Rape is effectively legal in 26 states, wherein the rapist can sue for custody and visitation rights.

Women will stop reporting rapes; already the crime that is the least prosecuted.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#847919 Jan 26, 2013
America’s credit rating downgraded, Illinois credit rating downgraded what’s the common thread here….Obama!! What does California and Illinois have in common both Control by Liberals/Democrats!!
jiminy cricket

Orlando, FL

#847920 Jan 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The very same scientists that you worship thought that we were entering a "New Ice Age" as recently as 1980.
This almost looks like another ice age.

http://northseattle.komonews.com/content/froz...

Firemen's hoses in putting out fires froze midstream too.

Obama should wait until at least July to talk about global warming.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#847921 Jan 26, 2013
Right on this thread, nitwits attacked Obama for helping depose Gaddafi. The Congress cut funding for security at our embassies, refused to considerletting our forces secure Gaddafi's heavy weapons.

Then they turn and attack Obama for not providing security that they never authorized the funding for.

Remember, all spending originates in the House.

And it was the House that left our embassies under protected.

So, to cover their incompetence, they try to blame the lack of security on Obama.

After they cut $1 BILLION from embassy security.

Do you see why Americans hate the House more than any other branch of Gov't.

The Republiclown House, that is.
Nuculur obamabortion

Pompano Beach, FL

#847922 Jan 26, 2013
<quoted text>
Yup, Flack will be thrilled. Do these rightwingers ever, ever, contemplate the repercussions of their actions?
Just like that proposed bill in NM; criminalizing women who have an abortion as a result of rape. Who does this protect? The rapist.
Rape is effectively legal in 26 states, wherein the rapist can sue for custody and visitation rights.
Women will stop reporting rapes; already the crime that is the least prosecuted.
lily loves the rape card
Lincoln

United States

#847923 Jan 26, 2013
TSM wrote:
America’s credit rating downgraded, Illinois credit rating downgraded what’s the common thread here….Obama!! What does California and Illinois have in common both Control by Liberals/Democrats!!
Republican House of Representative approval rating at 9%.
President Obama approval rating 53%
jiminy cricket

Orlando, FL

#847924 Jan 26, 2013
Hope everyone has a nice day. It's a beautiful 71 degrees here in Central Florida. Sorry...for those up north.
discordia

Denver, CO

#847925 Jan 26, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I spend my mornings over coffee surfing between Fox, MSNBC, CNBC, and a local station. Now I never hear anybody claim that MSNBC is anything BUT a liberal outlet, they even say it themselves. Its Fox viewers who are deluded into thinking what they're getting is "Fair and Balanced" instead of the "conservative" counterpoint to MSNBC. Its laughable that because they say it so much y'all believe it MUST be true.
I think I read somewhere coffee is bad for you, gives you cancer or crabs or something.
GhostofRaygun

Russellville, KY

#847926 Jan 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Medicare will become even more "efficient" as doctors refuse to accept Medicare patients.
The only Doctors that refuse Medicare patients are the ones that are self employed. Those are few and will continue to be fewer as time goes on. Most Doctors are now employees of a group practice or hospital. That is the future. Depends on the state of where a Doctor has a practice and the reason for the visit but the average Medicare reimbursement is $50.00. A Doctor seeing 6 per hour would make $300.00/hr or $2400.00 /per day. I really don't know what the problem is. Most people would be fine making $300.00/hr.
discordia

Denver, CO

#847927 Jan 26, 2013
But, I think I'll have a cup right now. I'll take the risk.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#847928 Jan 26, 2013
discordia wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who has any praise for any communist system or country belongs in the clearly clueless clown clique(CCCC).
The Republican Party under Lincoln praised & supported the ideals of Communism especially how everyone is treated as equal & classless.

An Unfinished Revolution: Karl Marx and Abraham Lincoln

The impact of the American Civil War on Karl Marx, and Karl Marx on America.

Karl Marx and Abraham Lincoln exchanged letters at the end of the Civil War. Although they were divided by far more than the Atlantic Ocean, they agreed on the cause of “free labor” and the urgent need to end slavery. In his introduction, Robin Blackburn argues that Lincoln’s response signaled the importance of the German American community and the role of the international communists in opposing European recognition of the Confederacy.

The ideals of communism, voiced through the International Working Men’s Association, attracted many thousands of supporters throughout the US, and helped spread the demand for an eight-hour day. Blackburn shows how the IWA in America—born out of the Civil War—sought to radicalize Lincoln’s unfinished revolution and to advance the rights of labor, uniting black and white, men and women, native and foreign-born. The International contributed to a profound critique of the capitalist robber barons who enriched themselves during and after the war, and it inspired an extraordinary series of strikes and class struggles in the postwar decades.

In addition to a range of key texts and letters by both Lincoln and Marx, this book includes articles from the radical New York-based journal Woodhull and Claflin’s Weekly, an extract from Thomas Fortune’s classic work on racism Black and White, Frederick Engels on the progress of US labor in the 1880s, and Lucy Parson’s speech at the founding of the Industrial Workers of the World.

http://www.versobooks.com/books/954-an-unfini...
discordia

Denver, CO

#847929 Jan 26, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Starting about three hours ago and scrolling through the mornings posts I noticed the judge-it total climbing. As soon as it hit double digits I knew it wouldn't be long before the forum nitwit shows up, then BAM, here you are. What a predictable, pathetic piece of shit.
Ten brilliants for this dumbass post?????
You got your usual negatives, I told you to nicer.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 6 min Corrupt Democrats 1,902
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Obskeptic 177,350
The monkey in the room 21 min hands on AR 2
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 22 min JOEL 68,947
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 42 min James 68,351
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr D-U-H 49,462
HKN Record Label(Davido OBO) Need UpComing Arti... 2 hr Mr Michael 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 hr Phil Indeblanc 97,916
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search