Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
781,521 - 781,540 of 1,079,801 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

discordia wrote:
<quoted text>
If I fill up my gas tank, buy groceries,etc. with a debit card, the risk is essentially zero. Over the internet you may have a point. However, do as you wish, I shall do as I wish. Carrying a lot of cash isn't wise or practical, IMO, and in my business I spend a lot of money. I can go thru $500 in a couple of days sometimes.
You're talking to a guy who thinks furniture is unnecessary

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

discordia wrote:
<quoted text>
If I fill up my gas tank, buy groceries,etc. with a debit card, the risk is essentially zero. Over the internet you may have a point. However, do as you wish, I shall do as I wish. Carrying a lot of cash isn't wise or practical, IMO, and in my business I spend a lot of money. I can go thru $500 in a couple of days sometimes.
Debit cards are for the ignorant and those who can't control their use of Credit Cards.

Mostly fairly poor people use Debit Cards. The same ones who pay for their groceries with checks.

Debit cards are a bad deal. Gas pumps warn you that they may put a $100 or more hold on your account until the bill clears.

Credit cards are far safer, far more protection.

But for folks like you, who think $500 is big money, they likely protect you from getting into credit card debt as you've obviously done in the past.

----------

""You are protected if your debit card is used by a thief. However, you have to act fast. Compared to credit cards, stolen debit cards carry a lot of risk. This page covers the basics of stolen debit cards and your liability.

Stolen debit cards are just one risk of using debit cards. For more information on how debit cards and credit cards work, see our page on Debit vs Credit card use.

With credit cards, youíre limited to $50 of liability for fraudulent use. Whatís more, the thief spent the bankís money Ė he didnít empty your checking account and cause you to bounce important checks (or rack up fees for overdraft protection).

With a stolen debit card (or a stolen debit card number and PIN), you are protected as follows (source: Federal Reserve and Federal Trade Commission):

Your loss is limited to $50 if you notify the financial institution within two business days after learning of loss or theft of your card or code.
But you could lose as much as $500 if you do not tell the card issuer within two business days after learning of loss or theft.

If you do not report an unauthorized transfer that appears on your statement within 60 days after the statement is mailed to you, you risk unlimited loss on transfers made after the 60-day period. That means you could lose all the money in your account plus your maximum overdraft line of credit, if any.

Given the added risk of loss, plus the headaches of risking direct access to your checking account, I donít think itís worth it to use a debit card on a day to day basis. Nevertheless, there may be times when it makes sense Ė if you canít qualify for a credit card or if you want to help a youngster develop good habits."
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Hell yes, they would riot, you have a couple of generations that have been leeches, and it is now ingrained in their skulls full of mush.
No, they have a healthy and educated population that benefits Canadian society as a whole.
You, are an anti American traitor.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
"Half of the country is on welfare"???
Wow, that's some claim. Let's check it out:
Total housing and food assistance in 2012 was $173 billion or 5.3% of budget outlays or 1% of GDP so yes, pretty close to "half the country".
http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/Historic...
Tables 3.2 and 1.2
You're welcome.
Super smackdown, can't argue with the numbers; that's your speciality!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>FDR the 'most popular' President... By whose standards, Move On. org
By the American people, who elected him 4 times to the Presidency!!

Can you name any other who even won 3 terms??

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Stay stupid, it's all you've ever had!!
discordia

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Obama is a Homo wrote:
Obama's homosexuality will doom an already-failed presidency and lead to humiliation and disgrace.
http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/TEL50OSLR0DN3...
Let's be fair, he's bi sexual. Or was.
discordia

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
Sarah Palin gets the axe from Fox. Maybe she'll join Glenn Beck.
Why do you care? Ah, you don't , you're just a hatemonger, aren't you? Is it because she's white? Pretty? You need some of that bile exorcised out of you. Do you know any priests?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Do you want to help the Republican Party figure out what went wrong, in 2012? Of course you do. Towards that end, the Republican party has launched the Growth & Opportunity Project, chaired by such luminaries as Henry Barbour and Ari Fleischer, to recommend how best to not screw things up quite so horribly next time. And to help with that, they're using that most scientific of all tools, an internet survey.
The questions are, sadly, rather generic:

Which issues do you think Republicans should spend MORE time talking about?(please select one)
- Fiscal issues, like taxes, government spending, and the debt
- Economic issues, like unemployment, housing, and high energy prices
- National Security issues, like terrorism, foreign policy, and national defense
- Social issues, like abortion and family values

http://www.dailykos.com/

I hope they keep talking about abolishing abortion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

And who was it who helped the Bosnians??

Why, it was Bill Clinton!!

Who was attacked by the right for humanitarianism and ending a genocide.

Now you say it was noble??

Where were you when these nitwits were attacking Clinton for getting us involved in the Balkans?? Hiding under another sockpuppet name??

Bosnia turned out a great success, compare it to Bush's disasterous loss of the War with Iraq.

I have Bosnian neighbors. Very nice European people. Good addition to our melting pot.
discordia wrote:
<quoted text>
At this juncture my attitude is to help no one, f them, it turns out so bad frequently. The left has no complaints about our helping the Bosnian/Serbian muslims however, that was noble.
After we've seen how Iraqi's have reacted to their liberation[anarchy, murder, more terrorism] my opinion now is that we never should have bothered. I really don't believe you can help a country populated by neanderthal religious zealots.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
By the American people, who elected him 4 times to the Presidency!!
Can you name any other who even won 3 terms??
HAHAHAHAHAHA
Stay stupid, it's all you've ever had!!
http://growthopp.gop.com/default.aspx

Reice Priebus Survey!!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
They're doing a bang-up job on their own. Don't you think strict gun control would be counterproductive in much of Obama's most loyal districts? It would put many in even deeper poverty.
End drug prohibition, end gang gun violence. Its that simple.
discordia

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, maybe you closed minded zombies will start watching Fox News now. You will also like this!
Dennis Kucinich, a former Democratic presidential candidate far to the left of Palin, just signed on with Fox News as an analyst.
If you watch Fox News, at least you get both sides of an issue, not just the liberal side like you do everywhere else.
Hello, you must be me. lol

Most of these libs get their knowledge of Fox second hand, they spout ignorance repeatedly. I have to mute it when the race traitor Colmbs comes on. He's a typical self loathing jew.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Your poll of people that 'love' it is very small.. Also spout that holcomb to the people parked in doctors offices in North Dakota, and Montana.. Also ex-patriots who live and work in the United States.
You ignorant swine!!

Spreading lies that have been debunked many times.

----------
""As a Canadian living in the United States for the past 17 years, I am frequently asked by Americans and Canadians alike to declare one health care system as the better one.
Often I'll avoid answering, regardless of the questioner's nationality. To choose one or the other system usually translates into a heated discussion of each one's merits, pitfalls, and an intense recitation of commonly cited statistical comparisons of the two systems.
Because if the only way we compared the two systems was with statistics, there is a clear victor. It is becoming increasingly more difficult to dispute the fact that Canada spends less money on health care to get better outcomes.
Yet, the debate rages on. Indeed, it has reached a fever pitch since President Barack Obama took office, with Americans either dreading or hoping for the dawn of a single-payer health care system. Opponents of such a system cite Canada as the best example of what not to do, while proponents laud that very same Canadian system as the answer to all of America's health care problems. Frankly, both sides often get things wrong when trotting out Canada to further their respective arguments.
As America comes to grips with the reality that changes are desperately needed within its health care infrastructure, it might prove useful to first debunk some myths about the Canadian system.
Myth: Taxes in Canada are extremely high, mostly because of national health care.
In actuality, taxes are nearly equal on both sides of the border. Overall, Canada's taxes are slightly higher than those in the U.S. However, Canadians are afforded many benefits for their tax dollars, even beyond health care (e.g., tax credits, family allowance, cheaper higher education), so the end result is a wash. At the end of the day, the average after-tax income of Canadian workers is equal to about 82 percent of their gross pay. In the U.S., that average is 81.9 percent.
Myth: Canada's health care system is a cumbersome bureaucracy.
The U.S. has the most bureaucratic health care system in the world. More than 31 percent of every dollar spent on health care in the U.S. goes to paperwork, overhead, CEO salaries, profits, etc. The provincial single-payer system in Canada operates with just a 1 percent overhead. Think about it. It is not necessary to spend a huge amount of money to decide who gets care and who doesn't when everybody is covered.
Myth: The Canadian system is significantly more expensive than that of the U.S.Ten percent of Canada's GDP is spent on health care for 100 percent of the population. The U.S. spends 17 percent of its GDP but 15 percent of its population has no coverage whatsoever and millions of others have inadequate coverage. In essence, the U.S. system is considerably more expensive than Canada's. Part of the reason for this is uninsured and underinsured people in the U.S. still get sick and eventually seek care. People who cannot afford care wait until advanced stages of an illness to see a doctor and then do so through emergency rooms, which cost considerably more than primary care services.
What the American taxpayer may not realize is that such care costs about $45 billion per year, and someone has to pay it. This is why insurance premiums increase every year for insured patients while co-pays and deductibles also rise rapidly.

Read more: Debunking Canadian health care myths - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_12523427...
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Secretary of State Clinton +15

Senate Republican -9
-
Benghazi ends up assisting the Democrats
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
And who was it who helped the Bosnians??
Why, it was Bill Clinton!!
Who was attacked by the right for humanitarianism and ending a genocide.
Now you say it was noble??
Where were you when these nitwits were attacking Clinton for getting us involved in the Balkans?? Hiding under another sockpuppet name??
Bosnia turned out a great success, compare it to Bush's disasterous loss of the War with Iraq.
I have Bosnian neighbors. Very nice European people. Good addition to our melting pot.
<quoted text>
In last 24 hours republican teabaggers posted rather lame stuff indicating a split in the republican party
jiminy cricket

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>At least it should son. bushie was warned not to use curveball as a source.
But he used it anyway
Did the UN use the "curveball as a source"...son?
discordia

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Bubba Clinton's popularity says far less about him and speaks volumes to America's growing population of Suckers.
Our national political dialog has been forced to accept and legitimize World Wrestling Federation actors and mentality from the Progressives. It's like being forced to sit down and have a serious discussion with Goofy, Donald and Daffy and then berated for not having come away with a "compromise".
Ann Coulter quote:

'Before criticizing others for being 'mean' to women, perhaps hillary should talk to her husband who was accused of rape by Juanita Broaddrick and was groping Kathleen Willey at the very moment Willey's husband was committing suicide.'

Old Bill was a randy little rogue.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur obamabortion wrote:
<quoted text> lily loves the race card
Waxturd loves Lily!!

He and the menagerie of sockpuppets is obsessed with Lily!!

Waxturd's never been with a woman, wonders what it would be like.

Are they as slippery as his blow up dolls??

He's dying to find out!!

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text>That was four years ago. As predicted it is the exact opposite.
Since it is not fully in effect yet, ain't nuttin' proved yet.
jiminy cricket

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. Because they spent too much money on the military and not enough on the economy.
You must be claiming the US is like the USSR.
You keep wondering son. That's about all you do besides offering your opinions.
No offense, but you really should educate yourself before speaking falsehoods with such confidence.

The Russian economist, Grigory Yavlinsky, who became an important advisor to Mikhail Gorbachev said the Soviet system was not working because the workers were not working.

Sound familiar?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

78 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
AAUA PRE DEGREE/DIPLOMA FORM FOR 2014/2015 SESS... 5 min DR ADEKUNLE 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min Mothra 45,790
UNIPORT PRE DEGREE/DIPLOMA FORM FOR 2014/2015 S... 11 min DR ADEKUNLE 1
Amy 7-24 13 min Toj 23
Avondale and Chicago's Polish Village Celebrate... 13 min bensleys thoughts 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 13 min Sublime1 97,528
UNILAG PRE DEGREE/DIPLOMA FORM FOR 2014/2015 SE... 16 min DR ADEKUNLE 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min Frank 174,605
Abby 7-24 11 hr Pippa 42
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••