Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#847928 Jan 26, 2013
discordia wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who has any praise for any communist system or country belongs in the clearly clueless clown clique(CCCC).
The Republican Party under Lincoln praised & supported the ideals of Communism especially how everyone is treated as equal & classless.

An Unfinished Revolution: Karl Marx and Abraham Lincoln

The impact of the American Civil War on Karl Marx, and Karl Marx on America.

Karl Marx and Abraham Lincoln exchanged letters at the end of the Civil War. Although they were divided by far more than the Atlantic Ocean, they agreed on the cause of “free labor” and the urgent need to end slavery. In his introduction, Robin Blackburn argues that Lincoln’s response signaled the importance of the German American community and the role of the international communists in opposing European recognition of the Confederacy.

The ideals of communism, voiced through the International Working Men’s Association, attracted many thousands of supporters throughout the US, and helped spread the demand for an eight-hour day. Blackburn shows how the IWA in America—born out of the Civil War—sought to radicalize Lincoln’s unfinished revolution and to advance the rights of labor, uniting black and white, men and women, native and foreign-born. The International contributed to a profound critique of the capitalist robber barons who enriched themselves during and after the war, and it inspired an extraordinary series of strikes and class struggles in the postwar decades.

In addition to a range of key texts and letters by both Lincoln and Marx, this book includes articles from the radical New York-based journal Woodhull and Claflin’s Weekly, an extract from Thomas Fortune’s classic work on racism Black and White, Frederick Engels on the progress of US labor in the 1880s, and Lucy Parson’s speech at the founding of the Industrial Workers of the World.

http://www.versobooks.com/books/954-an-unfini...
discordia

Denver, CO

#847929 Jan 26, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Starting about three hours ago and scrolling through the mornings posts I noticed the judge-it total climbing. As soon as it hit double digits I knew it wouldn't be long before the forum nitwit shows up, then BAM, here you are. What a predictable, pathetic piece of shit.
Ten brilliants for this dumbass post?????
You got your usual negatives, I told you to nicer.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#847930 Jan 26, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Republican House of Representative approval rating at 9%.
President Obama approval rating 53%
All three vacancies on the labor board had been open for months before Obama acted to fill them.

Sen. Tom Harkin, D-Iowa called the ruling "a radical departure from precedent" and argued that Obama had no choice but to act.

"Throughout his presidency, Republicans have employed unprecedented partisan delay tactics and filibusters to prevent confirmation of nominees to lead the NLRB, thus crippling the board's legal authority to act," Harkin said.

If Obama's recess appointment of Cordray to the newly created consumer board is eventually ruled invalid, it could nullify all the regulations the consumer board has issued, many of which affect the mortgage business.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/25/obam...

(This is a direct result of lobbying by banks)
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#847931 Jan 26, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Starting about three hours ago and scrolling through the mornings posts I noticed the judge-it total climbing. As soon as it hit double digits I knew it wouldn't be long before the forum nitwit shows up, then BAM, here you are. What a predictable, pathetic piece of shit.
Ten brilliants for this dumbass post?????
Wow! You are a real detective Inspector Clouseau!

If you had a clue what you were talking about I might allow you to converse with me, but unfortunately for you, I don't talk to liars, hypocrites and weasels.

Go whine to one of your fellow peons.
discordia

Denver, CO

#847932 Jan 26, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>The Republican Party under Lincoln praised & supported the ideals of Communism especially how everyone is treated as equal & classless.
An Unfinished Revolution: Karl Marx and Abraham Lincoln
The impact of the American Civil War on Karl Marx, and Karl Marx on America.
Karl Marx and Abraham Lincoln exchanged letters at the end of the Civil War. Although they were divided by far more than the Atlantic Ocean, they agreed on the cause of “free labor” and the urgent need to end slavery. In his introduction, Robin Blackburn argues that Lincoln’s response signaled the importance of the German American community and the role of the international communists in opposing European recognition of the Confederacy.
The ideals of communism, voiced through the International Working Men’s Association, attracted many thousands of supporters throughout the US, and helped spread the demand for an eight-hour day. Blackburn shows how the IWA in America—born out of the Civil War—sought to radicalize Lincoln’s unfinished revolution and to advance the rights of labor, uniting black and white, men and women, native and foreign-born. The International contributed to a profound critique of the capitalist robber barons who enriched themselves during and after the war, and it inspired an extraordinary series of strikes and class struggles in the postwar decades.
In addition to a range of key texts and letters by both Lincoln and Marx, this book includes articles from the radical New York-based journal Woodhull and Claflin’s Weekly, an extract from Thomas Fortune’s classic work on racism Black and White, Frederick Engels on the progress of US labor in the 1880s, and Lucy Parson’s speech at the founding of the Industrial Workers of the World.
http://www.versobooks.com/books/954-an-unfini...
So, in addition to prosecuting an illegal war with the confederacy, he was woefully ignorant of the inherent failures of any communist society? No wonder Booth shot him.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#847933 Jan 26, 2013
Either show us the 'tens of thousands of new rules and regulations' or admit you're a liar, which most of us already know.
discordia wrote:
<quoted text>
Reminder of our present financial situation and the dems responsible for it:
The Government-Created Subprime Mortgage Meltdown
by Thomas J. DiLorenzo
The thousands of mortgage defaults and foreclosures in the "subprime" housing market (i.e., mortgage holders with poor credit ratings) is the direct result of thirty years of government policy that has forced banks to make bad loans to un-creditworthy borrowers. The policy in question is the 1977 Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), which compels banks to make loans to low-income borrowers and in what the supporters of the Act call "communities of color" that they might not otherwise make based on purely economic criteria.
The original lobbyists for the CRA were the hardcore leftists who supported the Carter administration and were often rewarded for their support with government grants and programs like the CRA that they benefited from. These included various "neighborhood organizations," as they like to call themselves, such as "ACORN" (Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now). These organizations claim that over $1 trillion in CRA loans have been made, although no one seems to know the magnitude with much certainty. A U.S. Senate Banking Committee staffer told me about ten years ago that at least $100 billion in such loans had been made in the first twenty years of the Act.
more..........
Been 4 years, I think it's time to hold Obama the free market destroyer accountable. He get's credit for 200,000 new federal jobs and the failed "green" energy disasters that cost us app.$90 billion, but no credit for a single private sector job, quite the contrary.
Piling on tens of thousands of new rules and regulations is not how you unloose the free market, only in the delusions of misguided communists would that scheme work..
Jobs??? We don't need no steenking jobs!!! Barak Obama
discordia

Denver, CO

#847934 Jan 26, 2013
jiminy cricket wrote:
Hope everyone has a nice day. It's a beautiful 71 degrees here in Central Florida. Sorry...for those up north.
58 here in beautiful, colorful Colorado. And no hurricanes predicted for the next 100,000 years. lol

Location hidden

#847935 Jan 26, 2013
discordia wrote:
<quoted text>
You got your usual negatives, I told you to nicer.
You fail to realize that negatives from sockpuppet nitwits like you are seen as badges of honor to those of us with functioning intelligence.

You can't talk your way out of a paper bag, so all you can do ispost judge-its, which only you and Waxturd consider to have any meaning.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#847936 Jan 26, 2013
jiminy cricket wrote:
<quoted text>
Did the UN use the "curveball as a source"...son?
bushie sure did!
discordia

Denver, CO

#847937 Jan 26, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had a clue what you were talking about I might allow you to converse with me, but unfortunately for you, I don't talk to liars, hypocrites and weasels.
Grizzly Adams does seem to be in a perpetual bad mood, doesn't he? Maybe it's his diet of Opossum, squirrels, rabbits, berries and roots..
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#847938 Jan 26, 2013
jiminy cricket wrote:
<quoted text>
No offense, but you really should educate yourself before speaking falsehoods with such confidence.
The Russian economist, Grigory Yavlinsky, who became an important advisor to Mikhail Gorbachev said the Soviet system was not working because the workers were not working.
Sound familiar?
You mean they weren't making enough money to pay for the military, which brought down the economy?

Yep! I got that son.

Location hidden

#847939 Jan 26, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you're ignorant enough to converse with someone, as you tel them you're not conversing with them!!

You get more stupid by the hour Waxturd!!

I see your being exposed has made you even more angry and nasty.
discordia

Denver, CO

#847940 Jan 26, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
Either show us the 'tens of thousands of new rules and regulations' or admit you're a liar, which most of us already know.
<quoted text>
So sorry, that line is busy, please call back later during working hours.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#847941 Jan 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was that the U.S. is two very different countries, urban vs. suburban/rural. At present, the urban vote is submerging the interests of most of the country.
It's like the blue states that put money in federal coffers and use less...

... while red states contribute less, but use more.
discordia

Denver, CO

#847942 Jan 26, 2013
Coffee hit the spot but oddly my crotch started itching.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#847943 Jan 26, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
hes a moran

Location hidden

#847944 Jan 26, 2013
discordia wrote:
<quoted text>
58 here in beautiful, colorful Colorado. And no hurricanes predicted for the next 100,000 years. lol
After the worst wildfires in history, there isn't much color left, other than gray and black.

And the drought continues..........

Besides, who're you kidding??

You're in CT, projecting to a proxy location in CO.

Waxturd, the paid Topix Troll.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#847945 Jan 26, 2013
Nuculur obamabortion wrote:
<quoted text> You and Nuculur option have the same phone number? LOL
Yeah, that's right moran, dial it and get the message to gfy

Location hidden

#847946 Jan 26, 2013
jiminy cricket wrote:
<quoted text>
This almost looks like another ice age.
http://northseattle.komonews.com/content/froz...
Firemen's hoses in putting out fires froze midstream too.
Obama should wait until at least July to talk about global warming.
Obama never mentioned global warming, nitwit.

There is no such term used today.

But you've had your head stuffed up your butt for so long, it's probably the last thing you remember.

Most Americans believe the science. Yu believe the deniers.

Guess which attitude helped win the election??

Your denying lost big time among the voting public.

I think that's part of the 'stupid' that Bobby Jindal and Haley Barbour say your side needs to get rid of.

Sorry that Bobby called you stupid.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#847947 Jan 26, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
Then they turn and attack Obama for not providing security that they never authorized the funding for.
Nuculur as usual Wrong!! The question of funding was asked doing a House Oversight and Government Reform Committee!! Assistant Secretary of State’ Lamb’ was asked whether there was "any budget consideration and lack of budget" which played into the number of people assigned for security at the Benghazi consulate. Lamb's answer: "No!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 min KiMare 51,264
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Rogue Scholar 05 181,870
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min Earthling-1 49,238
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 34 min J RULES 71,116
The Violence in Chicago is from Gangs and Not t... 1 hr joey 2
women are so shallow these days (Nov '11) 4 hr Mover 88
Family of slain Loyola student seeks 'peace not... 4 hr Mover 3
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]