Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 39,069)

Showing posts 781,361 - 781,380 of1,077,834
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Samboca

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know what "procure" means?
http://www.nmlegis.gov/Sessions/13%20Regular/...
Yes; I can even use it in a sentence: lily boca raton fl makes every effort to procure her drinks every day.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

January 25, 2013 2:23 PM GMT

Nine former contestants are taking legal action against American idol, claiming that they were forced off the show because of their race.

American Idol is at the center of a racism row after nine black former contestants claimed that they were all forced off the show as part of a racist plan to boost ratings.

The singers, from various seasons, are preparing to take legal action against the hit talent show which they say "permanently and severely impaired" their personal and professional lives.

Corey Clark, Jaered Andrews, Donnie Williams, brothers Terrell Brittenum and Derrell Brittenum,Thomas Daniels, Akron Watson, Ju'Not Joyner and Chris Golightly insisted that they were targeted by producers of the Fox show who set out to humiliate them by making them audition and then disqualifying them due to their criminal records.

New York attorney James Freeman, has submitted a letter to the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission seeking permission to sue producers behind the hit talent show on behalf of his nine clients.

Freeman claims that after Jermaine Jones was axed in 2012 in relation to outstanding warrants for his arrest, he investigated the show and discovered that producers had only ever publicly disqualified nine people, and they were all black.

In the document, which has been obtained by editors at Tmz.com , Freeman states American Idol violated California employment laws which ban bosses from asking potential employees about their arrest history, as the men were essentially seeking employment.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
January 25, 2013 2:23 PM GMT
Nine former contestants are taking legal action against American idol, claiming that they were forced off the show because of their race.
American Idol is at the center of a racism row after nine black former contestants claimed that they were all forced off the show as part of a racist plan to boost ratings.
The singers, from various seasons, are preparing to take legal action against the hit talent show which they say "permanently and severely impaired" their personal and professional lives.
Corey Clark, Jaered Andrews, Donnie Williams, brothers Terrell Brittenum and Derrell Brittenum,Thomas Daniels, Akron Watson, Ju'Not Joyner and Chris Golightly insisted that they were targeted by producers of the Fox show who set out to humiliate them by making them audition and then disqualifying them due to their criminal records.
New York attorney James Freeman, has submitted a letter to the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission seeking permission to sue producers behind the hit talent show on behalf of his nine clients.
Freeman claims that after Jermaine Jones was axed in 2012 in relation to outstanding warrants for his arrest, he investigated the show and discovered that producers had only ever publicly disqualified nine people, and they were all black.
In the document, which has been obtained by editors at Tmz.com , Freeman states American Idol violated California employment laws which ban bosses from asking potential employees about their arrest history, as the men were essentially seeking employment.
This is really funny considering black crime statistics.

I smell a Race Card ploy to get millions from the deep pockets of Simon Cowell. If he's got too much security around him making it impossible to mug him or B&E, hire an ambulance chaser and then sue for all you can on phoney charges. It hurts the show's image.

They're hoping Simon will throw money at them to make them go away.
Either way, it's a win-win situation for them.

This is all part of the Uprising Of The Unsuccessful in America today. Are you a loser? Mug somebody and then vote for the Boy Messiah to mug someone else, too, for you.
Nj raider 1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Your paranoid racism has been noted.
So has your clueless ranting.
You & everyone like you racism & paranoia has been blatant & rediculous, that hadn't stopped any of you from daily making an ass of yourselves has it? You people have a problem with the president no matter what he does from his wives new hair style to what toilet paper he uses, after he shyts on the republican party. 1 of those morning after thanks giving shyts!
Forum carlsbad nm

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Nj raider 1 wrote:
<quoted text> You & everyone like you racism & paranoia has been blatant & ridiculous, that hadn't stopped any of you from daily making a donkey of yourselves has it? You people have a problem with the president no matter what he does from his wifes new hair style to what toilet paper he uses, after he on the republican party. 1 of those morning after thanksgiving !
Only donkeys talk about toiletries. He wants to be in the
spotlight. I don't really think we need a leader of the country
if it is just to tease other countries to leave us alone.
They never bother us. We are always invading other countries.
I know the antichrist his here. The demons and angels are in
battle. What is everyone fighting for?

Since: Nov 09

Alamo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

In addition to changing the electoral college format for electing a president, Republicans also propose sports rule changes:
Football - Teams from red states will be allowed five downs
Baseball - Teams from red states will be allowed four outs
Golf - Men from red states will be allowed to use women's tees
Tennis - Athletes from blue states must use ping pong paddles
Boxing - Boxers from blue states must have one hand tied behind their backs
Basketball - Diameters of baskets for red state teams will now be three feet

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

new yawk wrote:
Say NO to “Big Brother's” Smart Meters | STOPsmartmetersNOW.com
-No longer will a meter reader have to come to your home to read the meter.... However, it is really being mandated across the nation by the Obama ... I told him I don't think any of them would want a smart meter installed.
[PDF]
A Call to Action: Implementing the Smart Grid Initiatives in President ... www.thescottreport.com
- As part of President Obama's Stimulus Plan:
The remaining $6 Billion would be used for Smart Meter installation.... automation projects to enable displaced meter readers to find jobs elsewhere in the utility.
Just Google obama meter readers installed ...
Whole page of websites on it!
<quoted text>
Here, "Whole page of websites" with "proof" that Elvis is still alive:

http://www.google.com/search...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
It could have been better, that's for sure.
I don't disagree there at all, just surprised by Lily.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I was never in love with the compromise that resulted in the Healthcare Act; I was and am a proponent of universal single payer healthcare paid through taxation; or a public option buy in, open up Medicare for all.
My only hope is that this flawed bill will be a pathway to that end.
I am in favor of abolishing insurance companies altogether.
Given the choice between Medicare/Medicaid and single payer, single payer is the most cost effective way to go if you compare our per capita healthcare spending with single payer countries. I don't think the ACA's gonna bridge that cost gap.

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
You see, all those great benefits included in the Affordable Care Act don't come cheap, which is why the new healthcare law includes a barrage of new "Obamacare taxes."
And don't believe for a second the new Obamacare taxes will hit only the "rich" or those making over $250,000. Some do, but you'd be surprised at how many of these new taxes also hit the middle class. Worse still, many of these new measures are disguised as taxes on businesses. The bulk of these "stealth taxes" will be transferred to consumers via higher prices for drugs and health insurance.
"The legislation imposes more than $569 billion in new or increased taxes, the vast majority of which will fall on businesses," writes Michael Tanner in a 2011 Cato Institute report on the impact of the healthcare law. "Many of those taxes, especially those on hospitals, insurers, and medical device manufacturers, will ultimately be passed on through higher health costs."
Even still, few realize just how many new taxes lurk within the law's 2,500-plus pages because most of the talk about the Affordable Care Act focused on the constitutionality of the individual mandate.
http://moneymorning.com/2012/08/05/warning-hi...
----------
This article includes all of the hidden taxes.
Cato Institute. I am shocked.

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I was never in love with the compromise that resulted in the Healthcare Act; I was and am a proponent of universal single payer healthcare paid through taxation; or a public option buy in, open up Medicare for all.
My only hope is that this flawed bill will be a pathway to that end.
I am in favor of abolishing insurance companies altogether.
Single Payor would be the best & most cost effective.

Republicans would never give up their buddies in the health insurance industry.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, electors have cast rogue votes in the past, although without any effect on the result.
Under the Constitution, the popular vote is irrelevant. The states are free to choose how their electoral votes are apportioned. Believe that Maine already allocates votes by Congressional district. Maybe Nebraska as well.
Let's take an extreme condition where one candidate carries just one state, say California, by a margin of 5 million votes. The other candidate wins every other state, by a total margin of 4.9 million votes. Should one state control the entire election?
Parliamentary systems, such as Great Britain, elect their Prime Minister by virtue of which party wins the most seats in Parliament. By this measure, the leader of the Republican Party would be Prime Minister.
We are now faced with a situation where the vast majority of the United States, by land area, counties, Congressional districts, etc., is Republican. Democrat power is concentrated in relatively small major urban areas. Just look at a map of red counties versus blue counties and the map is almost all red.
So the real breakdown in our politics is urban versus rural, with distinctly different value sets, the issue of firearms being just one. What we need is to find a way to balance these interests so that each group can live as they desire without being dominated by the other, because they have vastly different lifestyles. For example, gun control measures that may appeal to New york voters will not appeal to Wyoming voters, because the conditions in those states are different.
Try a different scenario, in the above you've got the entire vote divided almost equally between California and the 49 other States. We can also just look back at history at the few of instances in which the results of the popular vote and the electoral college conflicted by a percentage point or two.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The Libertarian Party position is that spending should go down until there is no deficit.
You have to take the platform as a whole, it doesn't work if you just cherry-pick it. I'm certainly not the only libertarian who thinks that intergenerational debt is theft and that while the preference would be cutting spending if that "can't" be done then revenues MUST increase to erase the deficit. That's the basis of fiscal responsibility and was in fact the way the government conducted itself until the 16th Amendment.

"Government should not incur debt, which burdens future generations without their consent."

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Science is not an election or a poll.
Advocates of man-made global warming have no proof.
"Science is not an election or a poll"

Tell that your Republican Party.

The Science says man made global warming is real & a threat.

What proof do you want? There is no absolute proof, there can't be.

When we follow your plan & do nothing and we experience changes, you f*king morons will blame sun spots or giraffe farts.

I have an idea, you can remain stupid & ignorant. When our grandchildren feel the effects & suffer in the future, they will look back & think what an ass you & the Republican Party were. You had a change to act & instead you played politics.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
I just gave you a heart. Are you "touched"?
Thanks, made my day. When I get back on the page I'll give you a brilliant just so you can brag to your friends.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

The Republicans are becoming so desperate that now they want to change all of the rules. Never mind the "FACT" that most voters now see them as the obstructionist party. Still they continue to be the out dated moralistic phonies seemingly unaware of public opinion. Same old rhetoric every election, GUNS, GAYS, ABORTION, RELIGION along with their racist views and anti women campaigns. Totally blind to the real needs and desires of fellow Americans. Power and greed reigns supreme.
WE THE PEOPLE

Greenville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Babeu criticizes Obama and the political class in Washington for exploiting the Sandy Hook massacre and other tragic events to push an unprecedented gun control agenda.

“Do you honestly feel that any criminal or someone who is mentally ill will obey an executive order made by you related to ‘gun control?’” he writes in the letter dated January 16.

“I have sworn a solemn oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America when I was first sworn in as an Army Private, later as an Army Officer, then as a Police Officer and now twice as the constitutionally elected Sheriff,” he writes.“You too Mr. President have taken the same oath, therefore I am gravelly alarmed – just as most Americans are that you would attempt to circumvent the Constitution of the United States.”

He then informs Obama that he will not obey “any ‘law’ or regulation created by an executive order of your office which is contrary to what the Constitution of the United States of America says” and pledges that he will not infringe on the Second Amendment rights of American citizens in Pinal County, Arizona.

Obama and the White House have not responded to Babeu’s letter.

Here is the letter in its entirety:

Dear Mr. President,

Last year, I was re-elected overwhelmingly to my second term as Sheriff of Pinal County, Arizona. The citizens of Pinal County have placed their sacred trust into my hands and the hands of my office to keep them and their families safe.

Our nation has seen several tragic attacks against innocent adults and children by criminals armed with guns. Because of these attacks, many politicians including yourself have used these tragic events as a means to push their agenda related to “gun control.”

America has seen an even higher number of our citizens killed by impaired drivers involved in automobile collisions. Why are you not seeking to remove vehicles from our roadways?….it’s because you realize it’s the drivers who are at fault and not the vehicle they were driving. This same analogy holds true with these shootings….it’s not the gun that’s at fault but rather the criminals who use them. Do you honestly feel that any criminal or someone who is mentally ill will obey an executive order made by you related to “gun control?” Criminals get their name, because they don’t follow our laws already Mr. President. I have sworn a solemn oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America when I was first sworn in as an Army Private, later as an Army Officer, then as a Police Officer and now twice as the constitutionally elected Sheriff. You too Mr. President have taken the same oath, therefore I am gravelly alarmed – just as most Americans are that you would attempt to circumvent the Constitution of the United States.

The most important office in our republic is that of a private citizen. You are not a dictator or a king, who can act unilaterally and ignore our legislative process of law making. All elected leaders are empowered as a trustee of the people we are elected to serve. We are given designated and limited powers. Your actions and quest for unconstitutional power threatens the future of our sacred Republic and the Liberty we all hold so dear. Your own administration during,“Operation Fast and Furious” facilitated and approved the transfer of over 2,000 weapons to the Mexican Drug Cartels who the Mexican Government is at war against and over 60,000 people have been killed. Those same weapons have made their way back into the United States and have been used to kill and injure our citizens and members of law enforcement, yet now you threate
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
"Science is not an election or a poll"
Tell that your Republican Party.
The Science says man made global warming is real & a threat.
What proof do you want? There is no absolute proof, there can't be.
When we follow your plan & do nothing and we experience changes, you f*king morons will blame sun spots or giraffe farts.
I have an idea, you can remain stupid & ignorant. When our grandchildren feel the effects & suffer in the future, they will look back & think what an ass you & the Republican Party were. You had a change to act & instead you played politics.
Galt is typical of the right, programmed to the hilt. Never mind that the real people in the know confirm that global warming is a real threat. But unfortunately his politics comes first, just like the Republican party is finding out the hard way.
LIBERALS USA CIVIL WAR

Greenville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

The most important office in our republic is that of a private citizen. You are not a dictator or a king, who can act unilaterally and ignore our legislative process of law making. All elected leaders are empowered as a trustee of the people we are elected to serve. We are given designated and limited powers. Your actions and quest for unconstitutional power threatens the future of our sacred Republic and the Liberty we all hold so dear. Your own administration during,“Operation Fast and Furious” facilitated and approved the transfer of over 2,000 weapons to the Mexican Drug Cartels who the Mexican Government is at war against and over 60,000 people have been killed. Those same weapons have made their way back into the United States and have been used to kill and injure our citizens and members of law enforcement, yet now you threaten to use an executive order to take away the 2nd Amendment Rights of our citizens?

Mr. President, if you attempt to carry through with your proposal, it will hinder the ability of good citizens to defend and protect themselves and others against those who wish to cause them harm through the use of deadly force. Your actions would turn many good citizens, who wish to maintain their God given Constitutional Rights to bear arms, into criminals.

I am writing you this letter today to inform you that any “law” or regulation created by an executive order of your office which is contrary to what the Constitution of the United States of America says, shall be deemed as unlawful and shall not be carried out by myself or my office.

I will also push for legislation which would make it a crime for any federal law enforcement officer to infringe upon any of Constitutional rights of the citizens I am sworn to protect. Neither myself nor you have any right to infringe upon the 2nd Amendment Constitutional Rights of our citizens. Former President Ronald Regan said it best,“The right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive.”

With grave concern,
Paul Babeu, Sheriff
Pinal County, Arizona
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

LIBERALS USA CIVIL WAR wrote:
The most important office in our republic is that of a private citizen. You are not a dictator or a king, who can act unilaterally and ignore our legislative process of law making. All elected leaders are empowered as a trustee of the people we are elected to serve. We are given designated and limited powers. Your actions and quest for unconstitutional power threatens the future of our sacred Republic and the Liberty we all hold so dear. Your own administration during,“Operation Fast and Furious” facilitated and approved the transfer of over 2,000 weapons to the Mexican Drug Cartels who the Mexican Government is at war against and over 60,000 people have been killed. Those same weapons have made their way back into the United States and have been used to kill and injure our citizens and members of law enforcement, yet now you threaten to use an executive order to take away the 2nd Amendment Rights of our citizens?
Mr. President, if you attempt to carry through with your proposal, it will hinder the ability of good citizens to defend and protect themselves and others against those who wish to cause them harm through the use of deadly force. Your actions would turn many good citizens, who wish to maintain their God given Constitutional Rights to bear arms, into criminals.
I am writing you this letter today to inform you that any “law” or regulation created by an executive order of your office which is contrary to what the Constitution of the United States of America says, shall be deemed as unlawful and shall not be carried out by myself or my office.
I will also push for legislation which would make it a crime for any federal law enforcement officer to infringe upon any of Constitutional rights of the citizens I am sworn to protect. Neither myself nor you have any right to infringe upon the 2nd Amendment Constitutional Rights of our citizens. Former President Ronald Regan said it best,“The right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive.”
With grave concern,
Paul Babeu, Sheriff
Pinal County, Arizona
ALL programmed BS.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 781,361 - 781,380 of1,077,834
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

89 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min wojar 174,404
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 9 min Drone me 1,852
Cheap Tomatoes 10 min Straw Boss 2
Voice of God Weapon 10 min Hear Ye Hear Ye 1
Anti-Jewish leaflets: Anti-Semitic hate message... 16 min Sounds good 3
East And West Threatens To Plunge The Globe Int... 18 min Michael Snyder 1
The Liberty Brothers Interview: Colonel Kratos,... 19 min GOfuckYourselfSanJose 4
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search