Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#847661 Jan 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The inaugural show and the Super Bowl may be different, but does anybody believe that many of these "stars" like Milli Vanilli (a/k/a Beyonce) really sing live in concert? If they don't, isn't that fraud?
yes

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#847662 Jan 26, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
We all understand, you with your superior intellect, do not understand that when one goes hunting they use a firearm or maybe a bow. The only gun you posses is one between your legs and all it shoots is blanks and you hope and pray that one day maybe it will go off.
You like folks to tell you what you can or can not sell, the guns that the show sponsors would not allow to be sold are legal. Now answer this why would anyone pay money to be in a show where they could not sell their goods? The answer a stoopid ass like your self.
Have to admit I do not hunt now, did in my younger days, for deer and antelope used a 25 - 35, for elk a 30 - 06, for pheasants a 16 gauge for rabbits a 22. Ate what I shot.
Peace
KMA
So, according to dumbass you, if I have a trade show for baby stuff, the second amendment gives you the right to set up a booth to sell assault rifles.

I have news, you GD idiot. Those who run the shows have the right to determine what is acceptable to be shown or sold.

It has NOTHING to do with what is or is not legal.

It is a HINTING show. It is not legal to hunt in PA with an assault rifle.

I have a plan, since you don't think I own any guns, try breaking into my home & you will find out.

GFY

Loysville, PA

#847663 Jan 26, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim to be logical...don't you think it's a bit premature to proclaim "global warming" on only 30+/- years of data?
We have over 100 years of recorded data plus other means of determining climate conditions for centuries.

Loysville, PA

#847664 Jan 26, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, maybe you closed minded zombies will start watching Fox News now. You will also like this!
Dennis Kucinich, a former Democratic presidential candidate far to the left of Palin, just signed on with Fox News as an analyst.
If you watch Fox News, at least you get both sides of an issue, not just the liberal side like you do everywhere else.
Thanks for the laugh.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#847665 Jan 26, 2013
You gun nuts are pathetically programmed stooges for the NRA, do you seriously think they really care about anything other than gaining wealth? No one has ever tried to take away private gun ownership,besides things are far different now than when our nation needed an armned militia which was the sole reason for that being in the constitution.

We now are required to have safety belts in cars,,,DUH, we have lots of requirements now that we didn't have years ago. We as a society have more than proven that we have to be protected from our selves. With every gunnut in the US able to purchase any weapon they choose...Get real..Cowboy idiots. Maybe when Animals start to shoot back then we can upgrade. Common sense laws are just that.

We currently have more guns than the next 17 nations combined...over 3,000 of our children die needlessly every year. Responsible gun control has become a necessity in this country. The NRA plays you people like they own you and then you go out and prove that to be true.

Damn how many guns and ammo clips is enough, we desperatly need gun legislation and common sense weapons, along with background checks on all owners, how you gun nuts can't see that is mind boggling. I repeat your argument that the government is taking away your rights to bear arms is a stupid one and isn't true. How many must die before we do something.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#847667 Jan 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, according to dumbass you, if I have a trade show for baby stuff, the second amendment gives you the right to set up a booth to sell assault rifles.
I have news, you GD idiot. Those who run the shows have the right to determine what is acceptable to be shown or sold.
It has NOTHING to do with what is or is not legal.
It is a HINTING show. It is not legal to hunt in PA with an assault rifle.
I have a plan, since you don't think I own any guns, try breaking into my home & you will find out.
GFY
Old sleezy Eed can barely break wind much less break into anyones home. You ever notice most all his posts are about getting an erection, yea think he is after the secret to accomplishing that?
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#847668 Jan 26, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> yes
Not true, if it is their voice just how is that fraud? Funny you hypocrites on the right never notice things like this unless it happens to a Democrat? Now be sure and remind us that you are an independent...RIGHT and I'm a martian.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#847669 Jan 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obamacare will implode, or rather the costs will explode, so big changes will be required.
What those changes will be, who knows?
Just for curiosity, how much do you think the "buy-in" for Medicare would need to be to maintain solvency?
She never gets that far. Same with single payer. There simply isn't enough money to do what she thinks she wants.
jiminy cricket

Orlando, FL

#847670 Jan 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Those taxes are just a fraction of the increased costs to come from Obamacare.
Hard to believe so many Americans still don't see the punitive/controlling/oppressiv e nature of Obamacare.

Fines, waivers, penalities, taxes...and that's just the surface.

No one ever stops to think about the number of "taxpayer paid" paper pushers that will be needed to keep tabs on us.

Or the massive abuses that are inevitable. The government can't even keep up with the legitimacy of the escalating Social Security disability claims. Or welfare claims.

Now they're going to try and run the entire health care system? They can't even run the post office or the DOE efficiently.

Hard to believe...truly it is.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#847671 Jan 26, 2013
Governor Jan Brewer of Arizona has an interesting take on Obamacare:“I hate it — now give me the money.”

Governor Brewer, exemplifying that unfortunately common strain of Republican leadership that is uncompromising in rhetoric but opportunistic in reality, has decided to sign off on the federal government’s plan to radically expand Medicaid eligibility......

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/337788... #
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#847672 Jan 26, 2013
The GOP Plan to Steal Elections

I’m optimistic about the Republican Party. Does that surprise you? Well, let me qualify that. When I say I’m optimistic about the Republican Party, I am referring of course to the old joke in which the pessimist says,“Geez, things sure can’t get any worse,” and the optimist replies,“Oh, yes they can!” When the subject is today’s GOP and the conservative movement, things can always get worse. Having attempted virtually every dishonest and cynical trick in the book under existing rules, they have decided now that the problem is not their dishonesty or cynicism, but the existing rules, so the new task is to change them.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/01...

Since: Nov 09

Pharr, TX

#847673 Jan 26, 2013
Message to Republicans from Bobby Jindal:
"We've got to stop being the stupid party."
"We've got to start talking like adults."
"We need to trust the smarts of the American people. We've got to stop dumbing down our ideas and stop reducing everything to mindless slogans and tag lines for 30-second ideas."
jiminy cricket

Orlando, FL

#847674 Jan 26, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> She never gets that far. Same with single payer. There simply isn't enough money to do what she thinks she wants.
Obama's idea of a utopian society doesn't exist either. A PhD will never be on the same playing field as a high school dropout.

Yet, he seems to see both as equally deserving of being the waterboy or the quarterback - depending on one's status and point of view.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#847675 Jan 26, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true, if it is their voice just how is that fraud? Funny you hypocrites on the right never notice things like this unless it happens to a Democrat? Now be sure and remind us that you are an independent...RIGHT and I'm a martian.
Because you are paying or going to see the performer LIVE. If you want to hear a mastered track stay home and play it on your entertainment center.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#847676 Jan 26, 2013
Bobby Jindal and the “Party of Growth”

So I finally read Bobby Jindal’s speech to the Republican National Committee, and I confess that it left me a bit confused. Jindal opens with a complaint that Republicans have become too focused on “zeroes” and “number-crunching” and government book-keeping, which he believes puts Republicans at a disadvantage in any debate with their opponents. Then in the next breath, he expresses his irritation that bad or irrelevant ideas such as term limits and the balanced budget amendment are not taken seriously. Because these ideas are not taken seriously, Jindal proposes instead that the GOP focus all of its attention on promoting growth and opportunity. Jindal insists that Republicans must be the “party of growth” rather than the “party of austerity,” which overlooks the small problem that the only specific measures he has referred to in his speech up to this point have nothing to do with promoting growth.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
jiminy cricket

Orlando, FL

#847677 Jan 26, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
Message to Republicans from Bobby Jindal:
"We've got to stop being the stupid party."
"We've got to start talking like adults."
"We need to trust the smarts of the American people. We've got to stop dumbing down our ideas and stop reducing everything to mindless slogans and tag lines for 30-second ideas."
Clear-thinking Americans to President Obama:
"Stop lying to us."
"Stop controlling us."
"Represent all of us, not just your pet loons."

No offense...since you're apparently a pet loon.
Forum carlsbad nm

Hobbs, NM

#847678 Jan 26, 2013
Deo Gratias.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#847679 Jan 26, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> She never gets that far. Same with single payer. There simply isn't enough money to do what she thinks she wants.
Yes let's continue doing nothing and allowing the medical profession to increase their rates at an alarming pace. Meanwhile the Republican party's inability or refusal to remove their collective heads from their derriere is way more than noticable. Yep Republican policies are to ignore and do nothing on almost all of our problems except guns...They are commited to allowing the NRA to dictate policy.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#847680 Jan 26, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Because you are paying or going to see the performer LIVE. If you want to hear a mastered track stay home and play it on your entertainment center.
If she was indeed lip-syncing at the inauguration, give her the Nobel Prize in mime.

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/culturebox...

Loysville, PA

#847681 Jan 26, 2013
LIBERALS USA CIVIL WAR wrote:
The most important office in our republic is that of a private citizen. You are not a dictator or a king, who can act unilaterally and ignore our legislative process of law making. All elected leaders are empowered as a trustee of the people we are elected to serve. We are given designated and limited powers. Your actions and quest for unconstitutional power threatens the future of our sacred Republic and the Liberty we all hold so dear. Your own administration during,“Operation Fast and Furious” facilitated and approved the transfer of over 2,000 weapons to the Mexican Drug Cartels who the Mexican Government is at war against and over 60,000 people have been killed. Those same weapons have made their way back into the United States and have been used to kill and injure our citizens and members of law enforcement, yet now you threaten to use an executive order to take away the 2nd Amendment Rights of our citizens?
Mr. President, if you attempt to carry through with your proposal, it will hinder the ability of good citizens to defend and protect themselves and others against those who wish to cause them harm through the use of deadly force. Your actions would turn many good citizens, who wish to maintain their God given Constitutional Rights to bear arms, into criminals.
I am writing you this letter today to inform you that any “law” or regulation created by an executive order of your office which is contrary to what the Constitution of the United States of America says, shall be deemed as unlawful and shall not be carried out by myself or my office.
I will also push for legislation which would make it a crime for any federal law enforcement officer to infringe upon any of Constitutional rights of the citizens I am sworn to protect. Neither myself nor you have any right to infringe upon the 2nd Amendment Constitutional Rights of our citizens. Former President Ronald Regan said it best,“The right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive.”
With grave concern,
Paul Babeu, Sheriff
Pinal County, Arizona
I guess you think changing you name will make this sheriff look like something other than ridiculous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 min PEllen 98,375
Rauner, Quinn clash on Obamacare expansion ahea... 14 min Le Duped 2
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 48 min in the end 50,065
Abby 10-2 50 min edogxxx 1
Amy 10-2 52 min edogxxx 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 47,074
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 178,618
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]