Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#847689 Jan 26, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes let's continue doing nothing and allowing the medical profession to increase their rates at an alarming pace. Meanwhile the Republican party's inability or refusal to remove their collective heads from their derriere is way more than noticable. Yep Republican policies are to ignore and do nothing on almost all of our problems except guns...They are commited to allowing the NRA to dictate policy.
This just proves you are simply a brainwashed libtard who has no clue about medical care, why costs are increasing, and the real reasons Obamacare was passed. Get a clue! Obamacare is not about lowering health care costs. In fact it accelerates the expense.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#847690 Jan 26, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> She never gets that far. Same with single payer. There simply isn't enough money to do what she thinks she wants.
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/hea_tot_exp...
jiminy cricket

Orlando, FL

#847693 Jan 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
same thing we said when Bush was in office.
clear thinking and all that.
The only ones who lied were Democrats when they said Bush lied even if they had the same intelligence and stated Saddam was a threat long before 9/11 after it became politically expedient.

The only ones who lied were Democrats who insisted there was nothing wrong with Fannie and Freddie despite the numerous warnings by Bush and Bernanke for personal and political gain.

And President Obama is still doing it - for political expediency and personal gain.

He's just counting on you being as stupid as he thinks you are.
liberal_box_of_r ox

Oklahoma City, OK

#847694 Jan 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Medicare is extremely efficient.
There were many of disability qualified people that had jobs & worked until Bush & your Republicans f*cked this country.
What u talkin bout Willis?????

Who needs to work?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#847695 Jan 26, 2013
Noonan: Lessons Conservatives Need to Learn

Lesson two came from Republicans on Capitol Hill. Conservatives on the ground are angry with them after the Benghazi hearings. Members of the Senate and the House have huffed and puffed for months: "It's worse than Watergate, Americans died." Just wait till they question the secretary of state, they'll get to the bottom of it.

Wednesday they questioned Hillary Clinton. It was a dud.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142412788...
jiminy cricket

Orlando, FL

#847696 Jan 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Medicare is extremely efficient.
There were many of disability qualified people that had jobs & worked until Bush & your Republicans f*cked this country.
If only your precious Democrats hadn't accused a Republican hearing to rein in Fannie and Freddie back in 2004 as a public lynching.

Or if even one of your precious democrats would have spoken out about the dangers of not reining in Fannie and Freddie long before the bottom fell out instead of expressing unbridled outrage that Republicans even dared to suggest there was an impending danger.

Then you might have an argument.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#847697 Jan 26, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> This just proves you are simply a brainwashed libtard who has no clue about medical care, why costs are increasing, and the real reasons Obamacare was passed. Get a clue! Obamacare is not about lowering health care costs. In fact it accelerates the expense.
Let's see just who the tard is here, so you are saying the rates were not increasing at an alarming rate before Obama care? So your solution is to do nothing? When has any Republican administration ever shown any willingness to help the poor or working class? Other than lip service of course.
jiminy cricket

Orlando, FL

#847698 Jan 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
If she was indeed lip-syncing at the inauguration, give her the Nobel Prize in mime.
http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/culturebox...
They gave it to Obama. Why not Beyonce?

Even Aretha Franklin confirmed she was lip-synching. She just defended it.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#847700 Jan 26, 2013
jiminy cricket wrote:
<quoted text>
The only ones who lied were Democrats when they said Bush lied even if they had the same intelligence and stated Saddam was a threat long before 9/11 after it became politically expedient.
The only ones who lied were Democrats who insisted there was nothing wrong with Fannie and Freddie despite the numerous warnings by Bush and Bernanke for personal and political gain.
And President Obama is still doing it - for political expediency and personal gain.
He's just counting on you being as stupid as he thinks you are.
yes, Bush only lied to republicans about Iraq.

and Bush had the same 'problem' Barney Frank had when it came to Fanny and Freddie....it was all talk. somehow stupid knows that when it come down to changing the game for F&F Bush was against it. just google 'bush oxley one-finger salute'. stuff you will not find a right wing blogger writing about, but stuff i've posted here a hundred times. just like this.....

The Administration strongly believes that the housing GSEs should be focused on their core housing mission, particularly with respect to low-income Americans and first-time homebuyers. Instead, provisions of H.R. 1461 that expand mortgage purchasing authority would lessen the housing GSEs' commitment to low-income homebuyers.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php...

i'll bet you've never seen that before.

Location hidden

#847701 Jan 26, 2013
jiminy cricket wrote:
<quoted text>
Clear-thinking Americans to President Obama:
"Stop lying to us."
"Stop controlling us."
"Represent all of us, not just your pet loons."
No offense...since you're apparently a pet loon.
So you're saying that America is befuddled? In that case there's little cause to pursue "American Exceptionalism", to get the "47%" off their as ses, or to get back to our mediocre founding principles right?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#847703 Jan 26, 2013
jiminy cricket wrote:
<quoted text>
They gave it to Obama. Why not Beyonce?
Even Aretha Franklin confirmed she was lip-synching. She just defended it.
ok. let's see it. the person in question says.....

Location hidden

#847705 Jan 26, 2013
jiminy cricket wrote:
<quoted text>
You really don't see the punitive/controlling/oppressiv e nature of Obamacare and the inevitable/impending inefficiency of government trying to manage health care in a country of this size and population?
Much smaller countries like Greece and France are struggling to maintain this kind of health care system without quality of care suffering. They're failing.
Here's some data:

http://www.globalhealthfacts.org/data/topic/m...

Look at Cuba sitting in the sweet spot in the third graph:

http://ucatlas.ucsc.edu/spend.php

You got something besides hand wringing speculation?

Remember, data not op-eds.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#847706 Jan 26, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
Yes so? You are comparing countries the size of a state to the whole US.. Just what I wonder would it be if you combined enough of them to equal the size of the US. Plus I'm sure they don't have the slackers and illegals that we do.

Location hidden

#847707 Jan 26, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> This just proves you are simply a brainwashed libtard who has no clue about medical care, why costs are increasing, and the real reasons Obamacare was passed. Get a clue! Obamacare is not about lowering health care costs. In fact it accelerates the expense.
Tell us why costs are increasing Flack and the real reasons Obamacare was passed.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#847708 Jan 26, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see just who the tard is here, so you are saying the rates were not increasing at an alarming rate before Obama care? So your solution is to do nothing? When has any Republican administration ever shown any willingness to help the poor or working class? Other than lip service of course.
Where did I say do nothing? I have stated my opinion on here many times what I think should have been done. Obamacare isn't it as you will soon find out.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#847709 Jan 26, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's some data:
http://www.globalhealthfacts.org/data/topic/m...
Look at Cuba sitting in the sweet spot in the third graph:
http://ucatlas.ucsc.edu/spend.php
You got something besides hand wringing speculation?
Remember, data not op-eds.
good luck with the last.

Location hidden

#847710 Jan 26, 2013
jiminy cricket wrote:
<quoted text>
If only your precious Democrats hadn't accused a Republican hearing to rein in Fannie and Freddie back in 2004 as a public lynching.
Or if even one of your precious democrats would have spoken out about the dangers of not reining in Fannie and Freddie long before the bottom fell out instead of expressing unbridled outrage that Republicans even dared to suggest there was an impending danger.
Then you might have an argument.
Back to the old saw that one member of the minority party in the House brought down the entire three house majority of Republicans and thus the american dream.

Can you tell Jack and the Beanstalk next? That's another of my favorites.
jiminy cricket

Orlando, FL

#847713 Jan 26, 2013
Death of Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying that America is befuddled? In that case there's little cause to pursue "American Exceptionalism", to get the "47%" off their as ses, or to get back to our mediocre founding principles right?
Democrats like Maxine Waters, Gregory Meeks, Lacy Gray and Barney Frank - to name a few - fought like hell to stop investigations and regulation of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to the point of attacking the regulators.

There's a video available and out there if you don't believe me.

But you WOULD prefer this over "mediocre founding principles" of self-reliance and personal liberty above all else.
dem

United States

#847714 Jan 26, 2013
I have to admit I outdone myself last night.
I sucked from 7pm to 6am !!
My jaws and my knees are killing me !

Location hidden

#847715 Jan 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, Bush only lied to republicans about Iraq.
and Bush had the same 'problem' Barney Frank had when it came to Fanny and Freddie....it was all talk. somehow stupid knows that when it come down to changing the game for F&F Bush was against it. just google 'bush oxley one-finger salute'. stuff you will not find a right wing blogger writing about, but stuff i've posted here a hundred times. just like this.....
The Administration strongly believes that the housing GSEs should be focused on their core housing mission, particularly with respect to low-income Americans and first-time homebuyers. Instead, provisions of H.R. 1461 that expand mortgage purchasing authority would lessen the housing GSEs' commitment to low-income homebuyers.
http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php...
i'll bet you've never seen that before.
She's seen all of it, its all been shown to here. She just prefers the fairy tales. Tell me smart guy, which is easier: reading an article in a scientific journal or saying: "God must have done it"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Adult Nursing Relationships (May '11) 3 min Stallion 145
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min B as in B S as in S 49,177
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 7 min not a ghost 4,915
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min jacques Ottawau 181,784
Amy 12-19 20 min not a ghost 5
abby 12-19 25 min not a ghost 5
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 49 min Foster 11
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:39 am PST

NBC Sports 3:39AM
Jimmy Clausen as surprised as anyone he's starting
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Why Do the Colts Still Insist on Feeding Trent Richardson?
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
Dissecting Most Crucial Matchups in Chicago Bears' Week 16 Contest with Lions
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
Fantasy Football Week 16: Updated Rankings for Sunday's Action
Bleacher Report 6:02 AM
The Coach That Could Turn Around Bears