Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#847647 Jan 26, 2013
new yawk wrote:
Say NO to “Big Brother's” Smart Meters | STOPsmartmetersNOW.com
-No longer will a meter reader have to come to your home to read the meter.... However, it is really being mandated across the nation by the Obama ... I told him I don't think any of them would want a smart meter installed.
[PDF]
A Call to Action: Implementing the Smart Grid Initiatives in President ... www.thescottreport.com
- As part of President Obama's Stimulus Plan:
The remaining $6 Billion would be used for Smart Meter installation.... automation projects to enable displaced meter readers to find jobs elsewhere in the utility.
Just Google obama meter readers installed ...
Whole page of websites on it!
<quoted text>
Here, "Whole page of websites" with "proof" that Elvis is still alive:

http://www.google.com/search...

Location hidden

#847648 Jan 26, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
It could have been better, that's for sure.
I don't disagree there at all, just surprised by Lily.

Location hidden

#847649 Jan 26, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I was never in love with the compromise that resulted in the Healthcare Act; I was and am a proponent of universal single payer healthcare paid through taxation; or a public option buy in, open up Medicare for all.
My only hope is that this flawed bill will be a pathway to that end.
I am in favor of abolishing insurance companies altogether.
Given the choice between Medicare/Medicaid and single payer, single payer is the most cost effective way to go if you compare our per capita healthcare spending with single payer countries. I don't think the ACA's gonna bridge that cost gap.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#847650 Jan 26, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
You see, all those great benefits included in the Affordable Care Act don't come cheap, which is why the new healthcare law includes a barrage of new "Obamacare taxes."
And don't believe for a second the new Obamacare taxes will hit only the "rich" or those making over $250,000. Some do, but you'd be surprised at how many of these new taxes also hit the middle class. Worse still, many of these new measures are disguised as taxes on businesses. The bulk of these "stealth taxes" will be transferred to consumers via higher prices for drugs and health insurance.
"The legislation imposes more than $569 billion in new or increased taxes, the vast majority of which will fall on businesses," writes Michael Tanner in a 2011 Cato Institute report on the impact of the healthcare law. "Many of those taxes, especially those on hospitals, insurers, and medical device manufacturers, will ultimately be passed on through higher health costs."
Even still, few realize just how many new taxes lurk within the law's 2,500-plus pages because most of the talk about the Affordable Care Act focused on the constitutionality of the individual mandate.
http://moneymorning.com/2012/08/05/warning-hi...
----------
This article includes all of the hidden taxes.
Cato Institute. I am shocked.

Loysville, PA

#847651 Jan 26, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I was never in love with the compromise that resulted in the Healthcare Act; I was and am a proponent of universal single payer healthcare paid through taxation; or a public option buy in, open up Medicare for all.
My only hope is that this flawed bill will be a pathway to that end.
I am in favor of abolishing insurance companies altogether.
Single Payor would be the best & most cost effective.

Republicans would never give up their buddies in the health insurance industry.

Location hidden

#847652 Jan 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, electors have cast rogue votes in the past, although without any effect on the result.
Under the Constitution, the popular vote is irrelevant. The states are free to choose how their electoral votes are apportioned. Believe that Maine already allocates votes by Congressional district. Maybe Nebraska as well.
Let's take an extreme condition where one candidate carries just one state, say California, by a margin of 5 million votes. The other candidate wins every other state, by a total margin of 4.9 million votes. Should one state control the entire election?
Parliamentary systems, such as Great Britain, elect their Prime Minister by virtue of which party wins the most seats in Parliament. By this measure, the leader of the Republican Party would be Prime Minister.
We are now faced with a situation where the vast majority of the United States, by land area, counties, Congressional districts, etc., is Republican. Democrat power is concentrated in relatively small major urban areas. Just look at a map of red counties versus blue counties and the map is almost all red.
So the real breakdown in our politics is urban versus rural, with distinctly different value sets, the issue of firearms being just one. What we need is to find a way to balance these interests so that each group can live as they desire without being dominated by the other, because they have vastly different lifestyles. For example, gun control measures that may appeal to New york voters will not appeal to Wyoming voters, because the conditions in those states are different.
Try a different scenario, in the above you've got the entire vote divided almost equally between California and the 49 other States. We can also just look back at history at the few of instances in which the results of the popular vote and the electoral college conflicted by a percentage point or two.

Location hidden

#847653 Jan 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The Libertarian Party position is that spending should go down until there is no deficit.
You have to take the platform as a whole, it doesn't work if you just cherry-pick it. I'm certainly not the only libertarian who thinks that intergenerational debt is theft and that while the preference would be cutting spending if that "can't" be done then revenues MUST increase to erase the deficit. That's the basis of fiscal responsibility and was in fact the way the government conducted itself until the 16th Amendment.

"Government should not incur debt, which burdens future generations without their consent."

Loysville, PA

#847654 Jan 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Science is not an election or a poll.
Advocates of man-made global warming have no proof.
"Science is not an election or a poll"

Tell that your Republican Party.

The Science says man made global warming is real & a threat.

What proof do you want? There is no absolute proof, there can't be.

When we follow your plan & do nothing and we experience changes, you f*king morons will blame sun spots or giraffe farts.

I have an idea, you can remain stupid & ignorant. When our grandchildren feel the effects & suffer in the future, they will look back & think what an ass you & the Republican Party were. You had a change to act & instead you played politics.

Location hidden

#847655 Jan 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
I just gave you a heart. Are you "touched"?
Thanks, made my day. When I get back on the page I'll give you a brilliant just so you can brag to your friends.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#847656 Jan 26, 2013
The Republicans are becoming so desperate that now they want to change all of the rules. Never mind the "FACT" that most voters now see them as the obstructionist party. Still they continue to be the out dated moralistic phonies seemingly unaware of public opinion. Same old rhetoric every election, GUNS, GAYS, ABORTION, RELIGION along with their racist views and anti women campaigns. Totally blind to the real needs and desires of fellow Americans. Power and greed reigns supreme.
WE THE PEOPLE

Nashville, NC

#847657 Jan 26, 2013
Babeu criticizes Obama and the political class in Washington for exploiting the Sandy Hook massacre and other tragic events to push an unprecedented gun control agenda.

“Do you honestly feel that any criminal or someone who is mentally ill will obey an executive order made by you related to ‘gun control?’” he writes in the letter dated January 16.

“I have sworn a solemn oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America when I was first sworn in as an Army Private, later as an Army Officer, then as a Police Officer and now twice as the constitutionally elected Sheriff,” he writes.“You too Mr. President have taken the same oath, therefore I am gravelly alarmed – just as most Americans are that you would attempt to circumvent the Constitution of the United States.”

He then informs Obama that he will not obey “any ‘law’ or regulation created by an executive order of your office which is contrary to what the Constitution of the United States of America says” and pledges that he will not infringe on the Second Amendment rights of American citizens in Pinal County, Arizona.

Obama and the White House have not responded to Babeu’s letter.

Here is the letter in its entirety:

Dear Mr. President,

Last year, I was re-elected overwhelmingly to my second term as Sheriff of Pinal County, Arizona. The citizens of Pinal County have placed their sacred trust into my hands and the hands of my office to keep them and their families safe.

Our nation has seen several tragic attacks against innocent adults and children by criminals armed with guns. Because of these attacks, many politicians including yourself have used these tragic events as a means to push their agenda related to “gun control.”

America has seen an even higher number of our citizens killed by impaired drivers involved in automobile collisions. Why are you not seeking to remove vehicles from our roadways?….it’s because you realize it’s the drivers who are at fault and not the vehicle they were driving. This same analogy holds true with these shootings….it’s not the gun that’s at fault but rather the criminals who use them. Do you honestly feel that any criminal or someone who is mentally ill will obey an executive order made by you related to “gun control?” Criminals get their name, because they don’t follow our laws already Mr. President. I have sworn a solemn oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America when I was first sworn in as an Army Private, later as an Army Officer, then as a Police Officer and now twice as the constitutionally elected Sheriff. You too Mr. President have taken the same oath, therefore I am gravelly alarmed – just as most Americans are that you would attempt to circumvent the Constitution of the United States.

The most important office in our republic is that of a private citizen. You are not a dictator or a king, who can act unilaterally and ignore our legislative process of law making. All elected leaders are empowered as a trustee of the people we are elected to serve. We are given designated and limited powers. Your actions and quest for unconstitutional power threatens the future of our sacred Republic and the Liberty we all hold so dear. Your own administration during,“Operation Fast and Furious” facilitated and approved the transfer of over 2,000 weapons to the Mexican Drug Cartels who the Mexican Government is at war against and over 60,000 people have been killed. Those same weapons have made their way back into the United States and have been used to kill and injure our citizens and members of law enforcement, yet now you threate
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#847658 Jan 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
"Science is not an election or a poll"
Tell that your Republican Party.
The Science says man made global warming is real & a threat.
What proof do you want? There is no absolute proof, there can't be.
When we follow your plan & do nothing and we experience changes, you f*king morons will blame sun spots or giraffe farts.
I have an idea, you can remain stupid & ignorant. When our grandchildren feel the effects & suffer in the future, they will look back & think what an ass you & the Republican Party were. You had a change to act & instead you played politics.
Galt is typical of the right, programmed to the hilt. Never mind that the real people in the know confirm that global warming is a real threat. But unfortunately his politics comes first, just like the Republican party is finding out the hard way.
LIBERALS USA CIVIL WAR

Nashville, NC

#847659 Jan 26, 2013
The most important office in our republic is that of a private citizen. You are not a dictator or a king, who can act unilaterally and ignore our legislative process of law making. All elected leaders are empowered as a trustee of the people we are elected to serve. We are given designated and limited powers. Your actions and quest for unconstitutional power threatens the future of our sacred Republic and the Liberty we all hold so dear. Your own administration during,“Operation Fast and Furious” facilitated and approved the transfer of over 2,000 weapons to the Mexican Drug Cartels who the Mexican Government is at war against and over 60,000 people have been killed. Those same weapons have made their way back into the United States and have been used to kill and injure our citizens and members of law enforcement, yet now you threaten to use an executive order to take away the 2nd Amendment Rights of our citizens?

Mr. President, if you attempt to carry through with your proposal, it will hinder the ability of good citizens to defend and protect themselves and others against those who wish to cause them harm through the use of deadly force. Your actions would turn many good citizens, who wish to maintain their God given Constitutional Rights to bear arms, into criminals.

I am writing you this letter today to inform you that any “law” or regulation created by an executive order of your office which is contrary to what the Constitution of the United States of America says, shall be deemed as unlawful and shall not be carried out by myself or my office.

I will also push for legislation which would make it a crime for any federal law enforcement officer to infringe upon any of Constitutional rights of the citizens I am sworn to protect. Neither myself nor you have any right to infringe upon the 2nd Amendment Constitutional Rights of our citizens. Former President Ronald Regan said it best,“The right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive.”

With grave concern,
Paul Babeu, Sheriff
Pinal County, Arizona
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#847660 Jan 26, 2013
LIBERALS USA CIVIL WAR wrote:
The most important office in our republic is that of a private citizen. You are not a dictator or a king, who can act unilaterally and ignore our legislative process of law making. All elected leaders are empowered as a trustee of the people we are elected to serve. We are given designated and limited powers. Your actions and quest for unconstitutional power threatens the future of our sacred Republic and the Liberty we all hold so dear. Your own administration during,“Operation Fast and Furious” facilitated and approved the transfer of over 2,000 weapons to the Mexican Drug Cartels who the Mexican Government is at war against and over 60,000 people have been killed. Those same weapons have made their way back into the United States and have been used to kill and injure our citizens and members of law enforcement, yet now you threaten to use an executive order to take away the 2nd Amendment Rights of our citizens?
Mr. President, if you attempt to carry through with your proposal, it will hinder the ability of good citizens to defend and protect themselves and others against those who wish to cause them harm through the use of deadly force. Your actions would turn many good citizens, who wish to maintain their God given Constitutional Rights to bear arms, into criminals.
I am writing you this letter today to inform you that any “law” or regulation created by an executive order of your office which is contrary to what the Constitution of the United States of America says, shall be deemed as unlawful and shall not be carried out by myself or my office.
I will also push for legislation which would make it a crime for any federal law enforcement officer to infringe upon any of Constitutional rights of the citizens I am sworn to protect. Neither myself nor you have any right to infringe upon the 2nd Amendment Constitutional Rights of our citizens. Former President Ronald Regan said it best,“The right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive.”
With grave concern,
Paul Babeu, Sheriff
Pinal County, Arizona
ALL programmed BS.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#847661 Jan 26, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The inaugural show and the Super Bowl may be different, but does anybody believe that many of these "stars" like Milli Vanilli (a/k/a Beyonce) really sing live in concert? If they don't, isn't that fraud?
yes

Loysville, PA

#847662 Jan 26, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
We all understand, you with your superior intellect, do not understand that when one goes hunting they use a firearm or maybe a bow. The only gun you posses is one between your legs and all it shoots is blanks and you hope and pray that one day maybe it will go off.
You like folks to tell you what you can or can not sell, the guns that the show sponsors would not allow to be sold are legal. Now answer this why would anyone pay money to be in a show where they could not sell their goods? The answer a stoopid ass like your self.
Have to admit I do not hunt now, did in my younger days, for deer and antelope used a 25 - 35, for elk a 30 - 06, for pheasants a 16 gauge for rabbits a 22. Ate what I shot.
Peace
KMA
So, according to dumbass you, if I have a trade show for baby stuff, the second amendment gives you the right to set up a booth to sell assault rifles.

I have news, you GD idiot. Those who run the shows have the right to determine what is acceptable to be shown or sold.

It has NOTHING to do with what is or is not legal.

It is a HINTING show. It is not legal to hunt in PA with an assault rifle.

I have a plan, since you don't think I own any guns, try breaking into my home & you will find out.

GFY

Loysville, PA

#847663 Jan 26, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim to be logical...don't you think it's a bit premature to proclaim "global warming" on only 30+/- years of data?
We have over 100 years of recorded data plus other means of determining climate conditions for centuries.

Loysville, PA

#847664 Jan 26, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, maybe you closed minded zombies will start watching Fox News now. You will also like this!
Dennis Kucinich, a former Democratic presidential candidate far to the left of Palin, just signed on with Fox News as an analyst.
If you watch Fox News, at least you get both sides of an issue, not just the liberal side like you do everywhere else.
Thanks for the laugh.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#847665 Jan 26, 2013
You gun nuts are pathetically programmed stooges for the NRA, do you seriously think they really care about anything other than gaining wealth? No one has ever tried to take away private gun ownership,besides things are far different now than when our nation needed an armned militia which was the sole reason for that being in the constitution.

We now are required to have safety belts in cars,,,DUH, we have lots of requirements now that we didn't have years ago. We as a society have more than proven that we have to be protected from our selves. With every gunnut in the US able to purchase any weapon they choose...Get real..Cowboy idiots. Maybe when Animals start to shoot back then we can upgrade. Common sense laws are just that.

We currently have more guns than the next 17 nations combined...over 3,000 of our children die needlessly every year. Responsible gun control has become a necessity in this country. The NRA plays you people like they own you and then you go out and prove that to be true.

Damn how many guns and ammo clips is enough, we desperatly need gun legislation and common sense weapons, along with background checks on all owners, how you gun nuts can't see that is mind boggling. I repeat your argument that the government is taking away your rights to bear arms is a stupid one and isn't true. How many must die before we do something.
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#847667 Jan 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, according to dumbass you, if I have a trade show for baby stuff, the second amendment gives you the right to set up a booth to sell assault rifles.
I have news, you GD idiot. Those who run the shows have the right to determine what is acceptable to be shown or sold.
It has NOTHING to do with what is or is not legal.
It is a HINTING show. It is not legal to hunt in PA with an assault rifle.
I have a plan, since you don't think I own any guns, try breaking into my home & you will find out.
GFY
Old sleezy Eed can barely break wind much less break into anyones home. You ever notice most all his posts are about getting an erection, yea think he is after the secret to accomplishing that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 37 min wojar 182,029
Santa Claus delayed in Chicago after getting th... 2 hr ChicagOpinion 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr ChicagOpinion 98,871
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 7 hr J RULES 71,188
Chicago Pizza Blows 9 hr joey 2
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 9 hr KiMare 51,279
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 10 hr IUEC 7,564
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info